Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

185. What is one activity that you dislike doing more than any other?

Cleaning. I hate cleaning! I don't mind doing the dishes and easy stuff like that but really cleaning a house is not my cup of tea.

186. Would you rather have x-ray vision or heat vision?

X-ray vision.

187. Do you now or have you ever read comic books?

I don't now but used to all the time when I was younger. I know you're into them, could you get me addicted again?

188. Do you like scary movies at all, and if so, do you lean more towards the psychological horror or the gory splatter movies?

I love scary movies. I like both psych horror and gory splatter but if given the choice, I would go for the psych horror. Psycho is my favorite psych horror film of all time.

189. Would you rather be an ice road trucker or a deadliest catch fisherman?

Haha, I guess an ice road trucker since I love driving and being from the Midwest with cold and snow all over the place, I can pretty much drive under any weather condition. I do love fishing, but in a very relaxed state.

190. What was the last movie you saw that truly disappointed you?

Alice in Wonderland 2010

It is worth seeing some of the amazing animation and design, but the writing is extremely boring and clumsy, and the performances cannot save it. Too many liberties were taken with the originals here, and in no way improve upon them, it only barely resembles either of Carroll's books in theme and some specific scenes. There are some "Disney moments" that literally set off a gag reflex as well.

I am a huge Alice in Wonderland junkie and traditionalist so I knew going in I would have issues with this movie. LOL.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

191. Do you believe there is life on other planets?

192. What is your favorite horror movie?

193. Sugar cone, wafer cone, or waffle cone?

194. What is your favorite childhood memory?

195. What is your most disliked TV couple (besides Ephram and Madison!)?
Old 09-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

191. Do you believe there is life on other planets?

Indeed, I do.

192. What is your favorite horror movie?

Psycho. My next two would be The Shining (original) and The Exorcist.

193. Sugar cone, wafer cone, or waffle cone?

Sugar cone.

194. What is your favorite childhood memory?

Packing up the cars and my family, maternal Grandparents, a couple sets of aunts, uncles and cousins heading to beautiful western Pennsylvania (totally surrounded by gorgeous mountains) every summer for about a month. We had so much fun. I would sleep with my Grandmother and felt so safe and secure with her, with my family. We would toast marshmallows at night, go fishing, head into the woods and play around the area in the daytime. There was a nice little small town not far from where my aunt and uncle's trailer/cabin was so we'd go shopping there for food and other supplies. In Pennsylvania, there was no age requirement for playing Bingo so sometimes at night we'd all go and play. This was the only time I could play Bingo with my Grandmother because in Cleveland you had to be 18. We had an absolute blast every summer. That was a general memory but when I think of my childhood, our times in western Pennsylvania were the very best. I cherish those times and often wish I could go back in time and experience those memories again.

195. What is your most disliked TV couple (besides Ephram and Madison!)?

Lorelai and Christopher on Gilmore Girls. Hurl time.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:42 AM
Elite Fan

196. Who would win in a fight, a zombie or a unicorn?
197. What is the last movie you watched that caused you to want to make other people watch it because it was so awesome?
Old 09-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

196. Who would win in a fight, a zombie or a unicorn?

Unicorn, because they can fly by galloping through the air, they have the horn to attack and have their hooves to attack. A unicorn is also so beautiful and magical so it would find a way.

197. What is the last movie you watched that caused you to want to make other people watch it because it was so awesome?

Harry Potter 7, Part 2. When I got back from NYC, a couple friends hadn't seen it yet so I hurried up the process. LOL
Old 09-11-2012, 07:01 AM
Elite Fan

198. If you were making a CD for that special someone, what are five love songs you'd include?
199. If you are sad, do you listen to depressing music and wallow, or do you listen to upbeat music to try and improve your mood?
200. What are the five saddest songs in your opinion?
Old 09-12-2012, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

198. If you were making a CD for that special someone, what are five love songs you'd include?

1. Jason Mraz - I Won't Give Up
2. Faith Hill - Breathe
3. Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars
4. Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight
5. Aerosmith - I Don't Want to Miss a Thing

199. If you are sad, do you listen to depressing music and wallow, or do you listen to upbeat music to try and improve your mood?

Upbeat music to improve my mood. It's a good thing I love punk. The energetic music always helps me. LOL

200. What are the five saddest songs in your opinion?

1. Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody (Beautiful song, so beautiful it makes me cry when I hear it sometimes. My Grandmother used to sing it to me all the time when I was little so while it's a great memory, it still makes me far too emotional to listen to all the time)

2. I Honestly Love You - Olivia Newton-John (Sadddddd)

3. I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston (So beautiful and touching)

4. Endless Love - Lionel Richie & Diana Ross (So good, it makes me sad)

5. My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion (Titanic reminder)

============

On that note, I am done!

Thanks, everyone, for the questions, it was a blast! I hope my answers were not too weird and startling.

Alan, friend, say the word, and you are IN!
Old 09-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Elite Fan

If I am up next, then I am ready to be hit with a barrage of questions.

ETA: Fair warning, my answers may indeed be weird or startling. Just saying.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Awesome!

Alan is officially IN!

1. What is your favorite color?
2. Name one thing about your native state of Oklahoma that the vast majority of people would learn for the very first time.
3. What are your top three television shows of all time?
4. What is the last movie in the theater you've seen?
5. Pepsi or coke?
6. What is your favorite holiday and why is it your favorite?
7. Tell the story of why/how you first decided to join FF, and what is the first board you posted on?
8. What two traits in a girl are a must in order for you to be attracted to her?
9. If Buffy and Kate (from Lost) got into a fist fight, who would win?
10. Who was your favorite Buffy character and why? Who was your least favorite Buffy character and why?
Old 09-13-2012, 08:10 AM
Elite Fan

1. What is your favorite color?

Hmm. I go back and forth between like a turquoise blue and a forest green. Odd I know.

2. Name one thing about your native state of Oklahoma that the vast majority of people would learn for the very first time.

Hmm. Good question. I guess the main thing that people would learn for the very first time is that not everyone sounds like Forest Gump, and not everyone lives in a double wide trailer with trash all over the front yard. There are plenty of those people around, but the majority of people are just normal.

Another thing that most people don't know is that Oklahoma has one of most diverse variety of ecosystems in the country. We are one of only 4 states that have more than 10 ecoregions, including everything from prairies to Rocky Mountain foothills to cypress swamps and forests.

3. What are your top three television shows of all time?

Wow. Tough question. The number one show is automatic: Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The other two change according to my mood. Right now, two and three would be Alias and Friday Night Lights...but not necessarily in that order.

4. What is the last movie in the theater you've seen?

The Expendables 2.

5. Pepsi or coke?

I'll drink either, but I prefer the taste of Coke.

6. What is your favorite holiday and why is it your favorite?

Christmas. I love the decorations. I love the Christmas carols. I love picking out presents for people. I love making Christmas cookies, and I just love the general good feeling I get at that time of year.

7. Tell the story of why/how you first decided to join FF, and what is the first board you posted on?

Hmm. As I remember, I was online looking for websites about the show Roswell, and that led me to Crashdown. Fanforum was the board affiliated with that site, so I joined up and started posting on the Roswell board, and eventually I moved to other boards as I hung around.

8. What two traits in a girl are a must in order for you to be attracted to her?

She has to be upbeat and easygoing, and a nice smile definitely doesn't hurt. Nor does having long hair, preferably something in the brunette range.

9. If Buffy and Kate (from Lost) got into a fist fight, who would win?

Well, Buffy is super-strong, so that isn't really a fair fight. Obviously Buffy would win.

10. Who was your favorite Buffy character and why? Who was your least favorite Buffy character and why?

It started out as Xander, since he was the comic relief and he provided the 'regular Joe' perspective, but he became less likable in later seasons. I like Faith a lot more than most people do, but if I had to choose one favorite character overall, I guess it'd be Buffy. I know that a lot of fans of the series didn't care for her, especially in the later seasons, but I always liked her.

As for least favorite...hmm...I guess I'd say Drusilla. Lots of people loved her, especially with Spike, but she always got on my nerves, and I thought that Juliet Landau was over the top with her acting quite a bit.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hmm. Good question. I guess the main thing that people would learn for the very first time is that not everyone sounds like Forest Gump, and not everyone lives in a double wide trailer with trash all over the front yard. There are plenty of those people around, but the majority of people are just normal.

Don't you just hate the stereotyping?! And not everyone in NJ sounds like Snookie.

11. Where would Everwood fit into your all time favorite shows?
12. Are you a coffee drinker?
13. What's your favorite dessert?
15. What deceased person (other than family) would you like to have lunch with?
16. Do you prefer to go to watch movies in the theater or on DVD?
17. Where did you go to college and what was your major?
Old 09-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Don't you just hate the stereotyping?! And not everyone in NJ sounds like Snookie.
What? Does that mean that everyone in NJ isn't orange with spray tan and constantly fist pumping?

Also, I renumbered your questions because you skipped 14. If you did that on purpose, then let me know and I'll return to the original numbering.

11. Where would Everwood fit into your all time favorite shows?

Maybe in the top 5. Definitely in the top 10.

12. Are you a coffee drinker?

Not really. I'll occasionally choke down a cappuccino, but for the most part, if I want a hot beverage, I go for hot chocolate.

13. What's your favorite dessert?

Wow. If I had to pin it down to just one, it'd be some sort of cheesecake. Maybe a key lime or a strawberry swirl.

14. What deceased person (other than family) would you like to have lunch with?

Let's see...hmm. I'd like to say something all profound and insightful, but in all reality it would most likely be Bud Wilkinson, OU's coach during their epic 47 game winning streak.

15. Do you prefer to go to watch movies in the theater or on DVD?

It really depends on the movie. An action heavy movie like The Avengers or The Expendables is definitely a theater movie. Smaller fare like Safety Not Guaranteed are more suited for DVD because I don't have to worry about idiots answering their cell phones or talking to the person beside them or just generally being the loud cretins that a good portion of the moviegoing public has turned into.

Oh, and any Step Up movie is a theater see.

16. Where did you go to college and what was your major?

I went to Southeastern Oklahoma State University in Durant, and I majored in computer science. I'm what you call a 'cautionary tale' because I got a little too caught up in hanging with my friends and partying and ended up losing my scholarship because my grades dipped.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
What? Does that mean that everyone in NJ isn't orange with spray tan and constantly fist pumping
No, because sometimes they run out of that spray tan at the store!

Thanks for renumbering and correcting my error in such a polite fashion.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

17. What series have you watched in its entirety yet you still wonder with frustration how on earth you ever took out the time to watch it?
18. Is there another college team you support along with OU?
19. Will you vote in the next presidential election?
20. Are you presently single?
21. If your mom told you she'd make you dinner, anything you want, what would you order up for her to make?
22. Do you like pizza and if so, what's your usual toppings you put on the pie?
23. Favorite ice cream flavor if you like ice cream? Lol
24. Favorite Everwood character and why.
25. If you could combine two characters from two different shows you have watched or currently watch and pair them up romantically, who would you go with?
26. Do you drink beer?
27. Smoke?
28. Introvert or extrovert?
29. Favorite comic strip.
30. Do you watch cartoons?
Old 09-13-2012, 04:54 PM
Elite Fan

17. What series have you watched in its entirety yet you still wonder with frustration how on earth you ever took out the time to watch it?

Prison Break. That show was so aggravating, and it had one of the worst and infuriating series finales ever.

18. Is there another college team you support along with OU?

I support SMU because my sister went there.

19. Will you vote in the next presidential election?

Yes I will. I've voted in every one since I've been able.

20. Are you presently single?

Yep. I am.

21. If your mom told you she'd make you dinner, anything you want, what would you order up for her to make?

The same thing I always had her make on my birthday, beef stroganoff.

22. Do you like pizza and if so, what's your usual toppings you put on the pie?

I love pizza. I would eat it for every meal if I could. I usually get either sausage and mushrooms or ham and pineapple.

23. Favorite ice cream flavor if you like ice cream? Lol

Butter pecan.

24. Favorite Everwood character and why.

By the end of the show, I'd say Bright. He had one of the best and most interesting character arcs through the show.

25. If you could combine two characters from two different shows you have watched or currently watch and pair them up romantically, who would you go with?

Kenzi from Lost Girl and Matt from The Vampire Diaries. Kenzi is made of awesome, and Matt deserves a good woman. Kenzi already moves through the supernatural world, and she can relate to being the only normal human in a group of supernatural beings.

26. Do you drink beer?

God no.

27. Smoke?

Heck no.

28. Introvert or extrovert?

Introvert.

29. Favorite comic strip.

Get Fuzzy

30. Do you watch cartoons?

Yep. All the time. Just yesterday, I was watching Transformers: The Movie, the cartoon from the 80's, not the garbage that Michael Bay is responsible for.