Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2004, 01:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hiatus Game

When you follow a show as closely as a lot of us do Everwood, you usually have some things here and there that you wonder about. Here's my current list. I hope to see yours.

I was wondering:

....... if Andy has a secret desire to be a lumberjack (clothes, beard, occasionally climbs tall trees).
....... if Ephram will bag the piano, take up the accordian, and join a polka band.
....... how many more child actors will play Sam by the end of the show.
....... when the show will address breast cancer (they've touched on most of the other biggies).
....... whether Hannah will change her mind about pre-marital sex if Bright pursues her.
....... what Irv did before he was a bus driver (CEO of Fortune 500 company?).
....... if Amy will read the rest of the book, now that she knows where to put her hands and avoid flinching.
....... if we'll ever see Laynie again.
....... if Bright will find his destiny in a winning lottery ticket.
....... how long Rose's term as Mayor lasts (no re-election campaign yet?).
....... how Nina can afford her house.
....... why no one has a pet.
....... if Amanda's husband will wake up and go "postal" on Andy (and Amanda).
....... what Edna will do when Irv's daughter shows up.
....... when Brian and Terri started dating again (think about it).
....... what happened to Amy's dancing.
....... if Madison's mother owns a shotgun.
....... when Delia will get to clock Brittany again (over a boy this time?).
....... if Harold will ever invent anything.
....... if Ephram will ever wear anything but dark colors.
....... if Harold will ever get his own insurance back.
....... what the Brown's back yard looks like.
....... whether Gregory can ice skate better than Ephram.
....... if Bright always wears seat belts now.
....... what popularity percentile Amy is in now (do she and Ephram average out at a fifty?).
....... if the New York magazine writer ever did a follow-up to his "Miracle of Everwood" story.
....... why Madison wasn't on the Pill (she had a boyfriend).
....... who's going to marry all of the ketchups now.
....... how Amy knew not to wear a necklace the night Ephram gave her one.
....... if Ephram is over the whole comic book thing.
....... if Hannah's short story got accepted by Jane.
....... why Harold would make popcorn before a lasagna dinner.
....... what happened to Amy's Kia.

What are you wondering about?
MAKRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 01:51 PM
Ultimate Fan

Ooh, this looks like fun. I've definitely been wondering about Amy's dancing too. I will have to gather my thoughts to get my list down. Great idea! We definitely need a hiatus game.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Excellent topic, MAKRO.. Like Candace, I will be back with my list.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:18 PM
Ultimate Fan

I was wondering:

.......what Ephram got Madison for her birthday.
.......what happened to the light house. Wasn't it built right across the street from the Abbotts?
.......how things are going with Ephram and his new piano instructor.
.......if we'll ever see Bright shirtless again THIS season. (Seems to be a once-a-year thing. I guess, we'll always have the opening credits to count on)
.......why Madison's mother hasn't kicked down Andy's office door yet. She really needs to.
.......what Jay and Ephram talked about before Madison's number was gievn to Ephram.

I hope to be back with more.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Good ones, MissCongeniality.

Here are a few more for my list:

I was wondering.........

....... how big Amy and Ephram's allowances are (they seem to be able to buy things at will).
....... if Amy will ever wear anything (but Ephram's necklace) more than once.
....... how Amy would feel if she knew the car seat she was sitting on was where E/M did it.
....... who injected Harold with the Christmas spirit (since his histroy has been as a holiday-hater).
....... why Delia expected Ephram to go see Madison (I understand why Delia would want to go).
....... how Bright feels about being the "gofer" in the City Office.
....... why we didn't get to see Rose "buzzed" on the hot toddies.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Some excellent questions...

Particularly in your first set, Makro. Although I don't believe it has been established that Madison was not on the Pill. It's not 100% effective you know and she told Dr. B that she and Ephram were being careful. And ditto the breast cancer... as I think I posted in the last episode thread... I'm waiting for that storyline too and for it to involve either Edna or, more likely, Rose.

I also wonder...

Will Linda come home for Thanksgiving?

How can Everwood support three family practitioners when Harold was worried about there being a second doctor in season 1? (Has there been a population/housing explosion?)

which leads me to:
When is Andy going to go back to neurosurgery, at least as a 'freelancer'?

Where did Wendell go?

When will Bright realize he's supposed to be a firefighter-paramedic?

What was on the other side of the Kissing Bridge that people can't get to anymore?

Did I not pay attention before or was this the first mention of the name of Madison's band. Joe Lies? Interesting name given some of the storylines. Who is Joe? Whom does he lie to and why?

When will we have an episode where one or more of the men has to dress in drag? Why will they have to? Which one will secretly like it?

-Aquillea

Last edited by Aquillea; 12-01-2004 at 10:48 PM
Aquillea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

..... what is it about that infamous belt that seems to be attached to Amy in every, single episode?

..... what made Ephram decide to stop with the purple hair?

..... who Ephram thinks is better in bed.. Amy or Madison?

..... how well can Greg actually play the piano?
Old 12-14-2004, 02:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Here are a few more things my feverish mind is wondering about:

I was wondering.....

....... why Nonny and Grandpa Hoffman weren't at the unveiling of Julia's headstone.
....... who cleans the Brown house.
....... if Dr. Brown's Norman Rockwell ("The Country Doctor") is an original.
....... if Delia can hit a baseball better than Charlie.
....... if Arnie disappeared because he ate too much orange paint.
....... how Andy reached Linda in Namibia.
....... what happened to the sheets from the bed in the cabin (Amy's first time).
....... how Colin made it through Junior year with his class ("your graduation is NEXT year").
....... how Ephram and Laynie made it home from the bar.
....... how Chuck the lumberjack was going to sleep in Alaska without his wife.
....... where they found Delia's Maccabee costume on such short notice.
....... whether Amy ever chatted with Katie about grabbing Ephram's butt.
....... how Skug knew Ephram might return to New York.
....... if Nina got her (original) "foot massager" back.
....... why Will doesn't talk differently now that he is deaf.
....... how Mrs. Keyes was able to use airline tickets in someone else's name (what picture I.D.?).
....... if Delia is still expecting a horse.
....... if Laynie ended up with Colin's Mustang convertible.
....... if Amy ever found out who Al Green is.
....... where Edna got the explosives and detonators to blow up the Kissing Bridge.
....... who won Andy and Ephram's game of Clue.
....... if Ephram ever finished Amy's song.
....... if there were cranberries left at the stand.
....... how Madison has been supporting herself.
....... how Edna made it to Lt. Colonel as an Army nurse.
....... who stocks the unattended fruit stand.
....... why Miss Violet counted her students in the museum, instead of as they boarded the bus.
....... how Hannah obtained the DVD of House Of Flying Daggers before the movie was even released in theaters.
....... who won the "Melting Man" contest.
....... if Rev. Keyes named himself as the person best personifying hope last year.
....... who entered fifteen-plus years worth of patient files in the new computer.
....... why Hannah didn't make it to Nina's in time for the first day of school.
....... if Amy or Ephram kept the caricature drawing.
....... if it is physically possible to tie a double knot in a cherry stem.
....... if Andy and Dr. Gretchen's sex was safe (it wasn't exactly planned).
....... if they ever made a travel-sized Clue.
....... if Andy has DNA-testing equipment in his office.
....... why you would use Jewish bread to make French toast.

What are you wondering about these days?

Last edited by MAKRO; 12-14-2004 at 04:21 AM
Old 12-15-2004, 02:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

..... how Amy really felt about her first time with Ephram. Losing your virginity is always a big deal.

..... was Bright really sleeping in the car whenever Bright, Colin and Amy were cruising around the day before Colin's surgery?

..... what was really going through Amy's mind whenever she was enraged with jealousy over seeing Ephram/Laynie flirting and kissing in My Funny Valentine?

..... will Ephram or Laynie ever spill it to Amy regarding how Colin planned on breaking up with her before the accident?

..... will we ever get to see what Hannah has written in her journals?

..... when exactly did Colin figure out that E/A had something going on? He told Amy in My Funny Valentine that he figured it out. When exactly did he figure it out? In Snow Job, whenever Ephram told him the grover story and the weird convo at the end of the episode whenever Colin initially seemed serious with Ephram regarding how Ephram knew so much about Amy? But then he told Ephram he was kidding around. Or did he figure it out even earlier?

..... when did Bright lose his virginity?

..... when is Ephram going to cut his hair?

Last edited by jediwands; 12-15-2004 at 02:30 AM
Old 12-15-2004, 05:27 AM
Ultimate Fan

Awesome questions, everyone.

I was wondering:
.......why Andy hasn't found Delia another sitter/housekeeper since Ephram's busier now that he was last year.

.......did they really get rid of all the pot that old lady was growing last season? I think Harold has been dipping into something...He's so calm this season.

........will Bright and Hannah ever speak to each other again?

........have Delia and Hannah hung out besides helping Nina on her date with Jake?

.......why the writers are torturing us by not giving us any hope concerning the pregnancy storyline being resolved.

.......if Ephram was dared to grow his hair as long as Amy's.

.......if Ephram has turned 17 yet, and when was he supposed to.

.......when are we going to see these kids at another party. It's senior year. Plus I'm trying to live vicarously through them.

.......when Hannah's going to get her "She's All That" makeover.

.......why two shows on the WB would take the 'hereditary disease' route (OTH). Same thing happened with the pregnancies last season.

.......if the composers for Everwood do Jack & Bobby too. I heard a similar score in one of the J&B scenes and almost fell over.

.......if Julia will make another appearance this season, even though Brenda Strong is also playing ghost over at Desperate Housewives.

Just some things to chew on...
Are these questions ever going to be up for discussion?
Old 12-15-2004, 02:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

WILPEN:
Regarding your point concerning when Colin figured out for sure something had gone on between Amy and Ephram:
I believe he may have had an inkling as soon as the first time all three were together; at the lunch table in "The Price Of Fame". He didn't look like he was completely buying Amy assertion that they barely knew each other, especially since Ephram's "I rarely attend class" didn't make much sense. He also noticed Amy kicking Kayla when she mentioned Ephram attended field trips.
Then I think he seriously suspected when Ephram fed him the Grover story. I think he really was grilling Ephram about it after the bus ride home (trying to find out for sure), before he laughed it off.
But, I really don't think he was completely convinced until he saw Amy's reaction to Ephram and Laynie's skating.
Just my two cents worth.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally posted by MissCongeniality

.......if Ephram was dared to grow his hair as long as Amy's.

Quote:

Are these questions ever going to be up for discussion?
Absolutely. Discuss away! We can discuss here, as we already are sort of doing or make a new thread for discussion. Either way is just fine.

MAKRO.. I completely agree. It was a trickle effect that was going on. Almost like a math problem. Each piece added up until you finally had the answer. I also think Colin was immediately starting to think about it in The Price Of Fame. First off, Amy acted way too weird and awkward for him not to notice she was nervous at the lunch table, even if he really didn't know her very well then. Anyone can sense someone being nervous and Amy was like an x-ray. She was practically on top of her friend before she was called out on moving over. LOL Followed by her friend's response about Ephram going on field trips with Amy's nice kick to her. Ephram's comment about rarely attending class was too funny, combined with also being too odd of an answer. Even later on in the episode, whenever Colin/Amy/Bright are at Bright's truck, and Colin asks Ephram if he wants a ride home.. Ephram declines and then Colin suggests that there would be room, because Amy could sit on Colin's lap, to which Ephram instantly goes into a high display of emotion. And followed by Ephram saying those coded words and looking directly at Amy. It was very obvious that the entire time up to Snow Job, Colin was seeing that E/A were acting very strangely around each other, and then once Ephram tells Colin the grover story, Colin was very much on the path of knowing something was up, by combining everything together.. The awkward moments between the two, the intentionally ignoring each other, even the bickering convo that took place in Snow Job. Colin didn't hear that converstation in its entirety, but he had to pick up on the general tones and interaction between the two of them. And then whenever Ephram tells Colin the grover story, Colin had to have a light bulb flashing with that one. And like you, I saw the serious Colin asking Ephram at the end of Snow Job as his way of questioning things. You can sense the tension in that scene. Colin probably wasn't 100% sure then, although the evidence pointed to it, but even so, he broke the tension with the "joking manner" nevertheless. And finally, with jealous Amy in My Funny Valentine, everything added up for the final conclusion.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by MAKRO
....... how Hannah obtained the DVD of House Of Flying Daggers before the movie was even released in theaters.
House of Flying Daggers has been out in China since July, and you can buy the DVD on eBay...which works out fine if you have a code-free dvd player...of course, considering Ephram's manga habit, I'm sure he does.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

THE CROW:
That explains it. Thanks.
I don't really follow that form of entertainment, so I would never have known that.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:08 AM
Addicted Fan

I have some "I was wondering's" of my own.

- Whatever happened to Bright's friends? We all know that Amy lost her's but what about his from the pilots?
-What ever happened to the Thaw Festival?
-If Amy has known her third season friends since grade school where were they in the first season when her best friend was Kayla?
-Where is Kayla?
-Does Edna have any sappy moments being in the office again where her late husband worked (after all we've seen that she can be the sap when it comes to him)
-Why the heck where fifth graders playing 7 minutes in heaven? I'm 18 and never played it...then again i am unsual...sill not the point.
-Why did Madison never send Andy a birth announcement?
-Will she ever accept his money?
-What's with kids having affairs with older people and getting pregnant (reminds me of Kate in S1 and the piano teacher)
-Will we have that again this season (oo maybe this time Bright will impregnate Hannah, why not?)(not: JUST KIDDING. NO MORE PREGNANCIES PLEASE!)

that's all i have for now
-maria
The Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread