Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2018, 12:01 PM
Master Fan

So I did yet another test just to check if I am INTJ or not and yeah I am INTJ.

Those are my results:

INTROVERTED - 86 %
INTUITIVE - 80%
THINKING - 90%
JUDGING - 61%
ASSERTIVE- 25%

This test basically scores me as assertive INTJ. Assertive INTJs have really good developed Extroverted Thinking. I guess due to work I have developed quite well my second function because of the nature of my work and the fact that I have to interact with a lot of people and this is the function I use to interact with people.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Exactly!

Totally interesting!

Definitely .

Exactly only we (you and me) see our Intuition. Only Introverts see their dominant function. Everyone else sees first their second function. However Introverted Intuition works so deep in the subconscious level that even we can't explain it properly. We know that we use it, but we did not even realize how it works until we read stuff about it.

Btw scientists say that Intuition is the process that engages the most the brain. They say that both left and right side of the brain are needed for this which explains why people with Intuition are more Introverted in general. The brain process is complex and more draining compared to the Sensor's ones. This is why the dominant Introverted Intuition people are the most introverted people out there.

This is where I said that while you are either Introvert or Extrovert, the functions you have determine where in the Introvert/Extrovert spectrum people fall in.
This is really interesting. It makes total sense. I can sit here and recall so many disagreements with friends because I'm trying to explain my Introverted Intuition without even realizing it. LOL I am explaining it to Sensors too and as you know, it's not going to work.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Totally interesting. If you look at the discussion Samuel and I had today about OTH you will see good example of this. I say something based on my impression of the scene between Haley and Lucas and not based on what it was said. Pretty typical for Sensors is to take as a value what they see or read. On the other hand I always interpret the things and read between the lines. In the end I do not even remember the words being said. I remember only my impression which is why I need time to explain how I got my impression.

With you if we have issues is because we had different impressions. That makes sense because we make our impressions based on our already gathered impressions. In this sense our life and whatever we have seen or experienced before would have impact on the way our Introverted Intuition sees stuff. It still makes sense for us but it makes sense only for us specifically . Like my impressions are correct for the type of person I am and your impressions are correct for the type of person you are.
Oh my God, as I was reading over your interaction early this morning I totally thought of this.

Yes, it totally makes sense for us too... Betty has told me more than once she can't usually jump into a conversation between the two of us at times because she doesn't understand what we're saying. Now, we both know she's a very intelligent woman so she's not stupid! It's just our impressions using Introverted Intuition.

THIS. MAKES. SO. MUCH SENSE.

LOL
Old 01-11-2018, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Exactly! This is why I wanted you so much to focus on comparing Extroverted and Introverted feeling because trust me you have Extroverted Feeling. It's just so visible!
You are right.

Quote:
Exactly!

One way for me to spot Extrovrted Intuition (what INFP has) is that they are great in brainstorming. They could generate so many different random ideas. NP types are random. You talk about thing A and they say 1 . It's not even another letter. It's a number. For example we were talking about work one day and suddenly a guy asked if there is coffee in the coffee machine while he was supposedly participating in the work conversation. This is Ne for you. Random. Really random . I have another co-worker that is capable of sending you text at 3 am because he found something funny .
That is why they are considered "weird" but not in a bad way... more like creatively off the wall. LOL It makes so much sense, I keep saying this, haha. I told you before how I can only focus on one thing at a time, focusing on too many things would fry my brain. Apparently an INFP HAS to go there to feel calm and peaceful whereas an INFJ is relaxed only focusing on one thing ideally and then moves on to the next... that... is me, lol.

Quote:
Ni dominant users don't know where the moment is to stay in it .
LOL This is really true! So very true! It's amazing figuring this stuff out, you know? It's so natural to me, I figured it's how everyone ticks, not just us.

Quote:
The more frustrated or bored Ni dominant users are, the more we enter our own world and we isolate ourselves from the outside.
That's PRECISELY what happened to me in NYC. I was bored, and I had bad feelings about her. I entered my own world naturally and even as a protective mechanism to get away from her.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
So I did yet another test just to check if I am INTJ or not and yeah I am INTJ.

Those are my results:

INTROVERTED - 86 %
INTUITIVE - 80%
THINKING - 90%
JUDGING - 61%
ASSERTIVE- 25%

This test basically scores me as assertive INTJ. Assertive INTJs have really good developed Extroverted Thinking. I guess due to work I have developed quite well my second function because of the nature of my work and the fact that I have to interact with a lot of people and this is the function I use to interact with people.
Interesting.

Do you have the link to the test you took?
Old 01-11-2018, 02:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
This is really interesting. It makes total sense. I can sit here and recall so many disagreements with friends because I'm trying to explain my Introverted Intuition without even realizing it. LOL I am explaining it to Sensors too and as you know, it's not going to work.
Yeah, it's really difficult when you know stuff and you don't know why you know them.

Funny example from work today. I wondered how to do something that is not in my expertise so I asked M to help me. M came to my computer and started scrolling up and down with the mouse without saying anything. At some moment I stopped him and told him thanks. I found what I needed just by watching him scrolling down . And he was like "I did not do anything" . I used to do this with my dad quite often. I would ask for help, he would say something I would say "Thanks" and he would be baffled because he had no idea what he had done .
Old 01-11-2018, 02:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh my God, as I was reading over your interaction early this morning I totally thought of this.

Yes, it totally makes sense for us too... Betty has told me more than once she can't usually jump into a conversation between the two of us at times because she doesn't understand what we're saying. Now, we both know she's a very intelligent woman so she's not stupid! It's just our impressions using Introverted Intuition.

THIS. MAKES. SO. MUCH SENSE.

LOL
Exactly. And really there is no right or wrong. Both Sensors and Intuitives are right for themselves. The world needs both. It just sometimes we might get into disagreements because we operate differently.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

That is why they are considered "weird" but not in a bad way... more like creatively off the wall. LOL It makes so much sense, I keep saying this, haha. I told you before how I can only focus on one thing at a time, focusing on too many things would fry my brain. Apparently an INFP HAS to go there to feel calm and peaceful whereas an INFJ is relaxed only focusing on one thing ideally and then moves on to the next... that... is me, lol.
For the most part I like interacting with Ne users. They are random, but have interesting ideas. What I dislike is that sometimes they jump to conclusions that are so out there it's not even funny. And based on those conclusions they could judge people and that might frustrate me sometimes, but I am sure that I frustrate them too .

Quote:
LOL This is really true! So very true! It's amazing figuring this stuff out, you know? It's so natural to me, I figured it's how everyone ticks, not just us.
Growing up I was the same until I realized that most people do not operate like that .

Quote:
That's PRECISELY what happened to me in NYC. I was bored, and I had bad feelings about her. I entered my own world naturally and even as a protective mechanism to get away from her.
It is a way to protect ourselves .
Old 01-11-2018, 02:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Interesting.

Do you have the link to the test you took?
This is the link: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

I did another test that tested my Cognitive functions and I am still INTJ . Here are my functions in order:

Introverted Intuition - 90 %
Extroverted Thinking - 68 %
Introverted Feeling - 74 %
Extroverted Sensing - 39 %

The weird thing for me that I have really good Fi which most probably is thanks to my parents and my INFP friend.

This is a link to the test - https://www.idrlabs.com/test.php

Last edited by secretk; 01-11-2018 at 02:46 PM
Old 01-11-2018, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yeah, it's really difficult when you know stuff and you don't know why you know them.

Funny example from work today. I wondered how to do something that is not in my expertise so I asked M to help me. M came to my computer and started scrolling up and down with the mouse without saying anything. At some moment I stopped him and told him thanks. I found what I needed just by watching him scrolling down . And he was like "I did not do anything" . I used to do this with my dad quite often. I would ask for help, he would say something I would say "Thanks" and he would be baffled because he had no idea what he had done .
That happens to me all the time too. People look at me dumbfounded and I don't even feel like explaining. LOL
Old 01-11-2018, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Exactly. And really there is no right or wrong. Both Sensors and Intuitives are right for themselves. The world needs both. It just sometimes we might get into disagreements because we operate differently.
Precisely. It makes sense. We absolutely do need both in this world. It would be scary if we just had one or the other. The world wouldn't be able to function properly at all.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
For the most part I like interacting with Ne users. They are random, but have interesting ideas. What I dislike is that sometimes they jump to conclusions that are so out there it's not even funny. And based on those conclusions they could judge people and that might frustrate me sometimes, but I am sure that I frustrate them too .

Growing up I was the same until I realized that most people do not operate like that .

It is a way to protect ourselves .
Definitely.

Yes, it's taken me longer to realize this, lol.

Overall, you get along with your best friend, the INFP though?
Old 01-11-2018, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
This is the link: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

I did another test that tested my Cognitive functions and I am still INTJ . Here are my functions in order:

Introverted Intuition - 90 %
Extroverted Thinking - 68 %
Introverted Feeling - 74 %
Extroverted Sensing - 39 %

The weird thing for me that I have really good Fi which most probably is thanks to my parents and my INFP friend.

This is a link to the test - https://www.idrlabs.com/test.php
Thanks!!!! Yes, I am sure environment does influence us in the secondary parts of our personality.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That happens to me all the time too. People look at me dumbfounded and I don't even feel like explaining. LOL
Wow true . I remember the only time I could not solve my math homework in high school. It made me go insane . Anyway a girl in the class had the solution because her mother is a math professor in college so she had solved it. So I asked to see the solution.

The girl started explaining to me, said two sentences for less than a minute and I was like "Thanks". I basically saw the whole solution just based on the starting point. She was green . I guess it must have taken her far more time to grasp her mother's solution so she could not accept the fact that all I needed was just few words. In general this girl had issues with me because I was great in math and I had the vision to solve tasks and do stuff that she did not have. I guess she thought that just because her mother is math professor she will be great in math too and she will be the best in our class and that was not the case.

I do the same at work. I need a word or sentence to see the point and people. This is a problem however because people bore me. I know where they are going before they have reached the end point and if they take a lot of time to go to the point I get frustrated and rush them to get to the gist of it.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Precisely. It makes sense. We absolutely do need both in this world. It would be scary if we just had one or the other. The world wouldn't be able to function properly at all.
Oh yeah. Intuitives would ignore most of the details if they don't have Sensors around. They might even forget to pay the bills. We could be so much in our head that it's not healthy. We need someone to counter balance us.

Intuitives have great visions, but the real doers are the Sensors. All the great ideas mean nothing if there is no one to execute them.