Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2018, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I am also known to use phrases like "I love to be right" . I seriously gloat when I am right. However with friends I gloat jokingly. If someone annoys me, I would gloat seriously .
Is this Leo or INTJ?
Old 01-12-2018, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks for the test. I will read their description as well. I am so weird that I do not fit completely in any personality theory but I fit the best INTJ. For some reason I am so Introvert that I have developed all of my Introverted functions which does not fall into any personality theory .

This is why most tests say that I fit the best the INTJ description despite of not have the typical results for INTJ.
That's probably why I get INFP sometimes too. But whenever I take the supposed very accurate tests (like the best ones out there) I always, always get INFJ. It's still like you said, all about what feels right when you are reading the description.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Is this Leo or INTJ?
Both . We as INTJs know what we know and we love to show that we know it . Especially if someone questions our insights and competence. We don't gloat if we were not provoked.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's probably why I get INFP sometimes too. But whenever I take the supposed very accurate tests (like the best ones out there) I always, always get INFJ. It's still like you said, all about what feels right when you are reading the description.
Yeah most probably this is why sometimes you get INFP .
Old 01-12-2018, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Both . We as INTJs know what we know and we love to show that we know it . Especially if someone questions our insights and competence. We don't gloat if we were not provoked.
I figured both.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yeah most probably this is why sometimes you get INFP .
Have you ever not gotten INTJ and if so, what do you sometimes get instead?
Old 01-12-2018, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

This speaks to me so much, I could bring tears:

Quote:
Do you feel profoundly misunderstood?

Here's the most common INFJ story:

You grew up intuiting things that other people missed. You weren't always right in your conclusions, but you were right often enough to build trust in your intuition. When you shared your insights with others they demanded proof, something your intuition couldn't provide (yet).

From here the story goes a couple of ways. Unfortunately, 'vindication' is rarely the outcome.

In one version, your prediction eventually played out but the people you shared those assertions with forgot or simply marginalized your ability as coincidence.

In another version, people got "weirded out" by your predictions.

Either way, you learned to keep your insights to yourself.

Then you learned the hard way that there's one thing you should always keep to yourself: this weird and inexplicable phenomenon of absorbing other people's emotions.

Absorbing other's emotions came so naturally to you at such a young age, you assumed it was happening to everyone else, too...

... until it dawned on you that nobody knew what you were talking about (not that you couldn't find the right words). You learned to keep that ability (or what some INFJs label a burden) to yourself.

You needed resources and mentors to help navigate this burden.

If you didn't find these resources, you ran to the part of your personality that is cold, detached and critical. This may have been the only relief you could get.

Being critical never feels good - it is not you - but it helps you survive the cascading torrent of other people's emotions assaulting you every day.

It’s not all bad news, though! Many INFJs have overcome these pain points to live happy, authentic, and meaningful lives.
https://personalityhacker.com/results-infj
Old 01-12-2018, 07:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Have you ever not gotten INTJ and if so, what do you sometimes get instead?
Only once I got ISTJ which was the first time I did MBTI test back in 2009. Back then I did not feel that this ISTJ fits me that well, but I also did not read about MBTI at all and just moved on. Since then I consistently test INTJ no matter how many and what kind of tests I do.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
This speaks to me so much, I could bring tears:
You just fit INFJ so well. You know that I have always claimed that you are INFJ. I just could feel it. Trust me you are INFJ to the core. I am glad that now you can understand yourself even better.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Only once I got ISTJ which was the first time I did MBTI test back in 2009. Back then I did not feel that this ISTJ fits me that well, but I also did not read about MBTI at all and just moved on. Since then I consistently test INTJ no matter how many and what kind of tests I do.
When I read INTJ it fits you like a glove. If you didn’t tell me what you were and instead had me read all personality types I’d be able to easily match you up with INTJ.

Is ISTJ similar? No way are you a sensor.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
You just fit INFJ so well. You know that I have always claimed that you are INFJ. I just could feel it. Trust me you are INFJ to the core. I am glad that now you can understand yourself even better.
You have. Thank you so much for your help.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
When I read INTJ it fits you like a glove. If you didn’t tell me what you were and instead had me read all personality types I’d be able to easily match you up with INTJ.
It fits me the best. For some time I have been wondering if I am INTP or INTJ because I can procrastinate if I am not interested in something. But INTP's cognitive functions just do not fit me. I do not have Extroverted Intuition.

Quote:
Is ISTJ similar? No way are you a sensor.
They are a bit similar, but ISTJ are more practical. Instead of Introverted Intuition ISTJ leads with Introverted Sensing which means remembering sensor data of past experiences and use them to make decisions in the present. The thing is that I do not have this at all. I have issues remembering my past let alone sensor data about it. I remember impressions and that's it.

ISTJ are also more into details and come up with detailed plans while I am more about the bigger picture plans. I am not good for being the person to come up with detailed plans or to check if someone follows them closely.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
You have. Thank you so much for your help.
No problem! The important thing is that now you gained understanding. You found out that there are other people like you. They are not a lot, but nevertheless they exist. You can read about their struggles and their issues. You now know how your brain works.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It fits me the best. For some time I have been wondering if I am INTP or INTJ because I can procrastinate if I am not interested in something. But INTP's cognitive functions just do not fit me. I do not have Extroverted Intuition.

They are a bit similar, but ISTJ are more practical. Instead of Introverted Intuition ISTJ leads with Introverted Sensing which means remembering sensor data of past experiences and use them to make decisions in the present. The thing is that I do not have this at all. I have issues remembering my past let alone sensor data about it. I remember impressions and that's it.

ISTJ are also more into details and come up with detailed plans while I am more about the bigger picture plans. I am not good for being the person to come up with detailed plans or to check if someone follows them closely.
Makes sense. I do think of the past sometimes but I never use the past to create the future. Not actively.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
No problem! The important thing is that now you gained understanding. You found out that there are other people like you. They are not a lot, but nevertheless they exist. You can read about their struggles and their issues. You now know how your brain works.
Exactly. I felt so alone for a long time and figured it really was just me. Not true even if a rare type.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread