Old 05-15-2005, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Outstanding. Thanks, Lazy. *heads over to the new thread*
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Again loved the support hen showed her tonight and that he only wanted what was best for her and to protect her.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Loyal Fan

I just watched Family Dynamics today and wow. The amount of appreciation I have for Merrilyn Gann just skyrocketed again. For Tom too. She and they just...wow. The desperation and all the emotion they felt in this episode was so powerful and moving. I was in tears, again, at the end of their fight. With the camera on Bright, him hearing the entire thing, with Rose thinking the marriage might not survive if Harold keeps undercutting her. It got me hard.
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
ShadowMagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just loved Rose. What a wonderful character. She was smart, intuitive (well, maybe not so much when it came to Bright), strong, warm, loving.
She was the epitome of a mom. That warmth as a mom was demonstrated at its best in that deleted scene from season 1 when she, Bright, and Ephram were buying cousages for the prom. Her loving reaction to Ephram was just beautiful.
I really wish they included that important scene in the show. I also wish that they had more Rose/Ephram scenes like that. That would have made a lot of sense since Ephram became Bright and Amy's friend.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Harold and Rose are, and have been, my favorite couple on the show BY FAR!. They were just....real. Those two actors were so flawless together. The way they just synched up was just incredible. I found myself so interested and into everything that was going with them as a couple. Always. I can't say that for any other pairing 100%.

everwoodfan52, you really said it about Rose. She, and Merrilyn, just gave off this warm, wonderful, and inviting vibe. I just loved her.
Barrybgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Harold and Rose are, and have been, my favorite couple on the show BY FAR!. They were just....real. Those two actors were so flawless together. The way they just synched up was just incredible. I found myself so interested and into everything that was going with them as a couple. Always. I can't say that for any other pairing 100%.
Which is really interesting, because almost all of the time they were the subplot, or the sub-sub plot. They got a lot of airtime for an older couple on a WB show, and obviously it's something that makes Everwood so special with how big of an emphasis they had and on generational stories in general, but yeah, I think it's neat how great to watch they are despite not being anywhere near the big couples. They weren't brushed aside by any means, and they often got some of the best quality material (or Tom and Merrilyn at least made it so), but they just weren't the focus, but did stand out because of some great writing and, obviously, the actors.

The best couple on the show, easily the best parents on the show (Rose, absolutely, the epitome of a mom, and Harold also the same of a dad).

Quote:
That warmth as a mom was demonstrated at its best in that deleted scene from season 1 when she, Bright, and Ephram were buying cousages for the prom. Her loving reaction to Ephram was just beautiful.
I really wish they included that important scene in the show. I also wish that they had more Rose/Ephram scenes like that. That would have made a lot of sense since Ephram became Bright and Amy's friend.
Agreed. That was a great scene and I wish they would have replicated it later, because it was huge for Ephram's character, for Bright and him coming closer, and showing even more warmth from Rose and how much Rose was missing that. And yes, more Rose/Ephram, absolutely. With him being best friends with Bright and friend and boyfriend of Amy, you would think there would be many opportunities for them to interact, but just like Hannah living with Nina, there wasn't much. Too bad.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Glad this thread was revived.

Totally agree, Betty, on your take about Rose. Loved this character. Also down with wanting more Rose/Ephram. They missed the boat on this one. I also craved more Harold/Ephram. Though I also wanted more Andy/Amy and Delia/Amy. LOL. I like the interaction between the Browns and Abbotts which typically ran directly through Harold/Andy but their consistent bond was always about Ephram/Amy. But having those specific dynamics explored further would have been great.

I loved Harold/Rose and as I said years ago on this thread, I always adored the numerous Harold/Rose & Ephram/Amy similarities. I think there were many instances where they showcased this and I enjoyed it very much. I think in many ways Harold and Amy had similar personalities with their hyperness, over the top outlandish stuff at times, whereas Rose and Ephram were more chilled out while adding a perfect balance for Harold and Amy within both these romantic relationships. Both couples were so real but it's very true to say that the relationship that sustained and always had this endurance type of label was Harold/Rose. It was so refreshing to see.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just adore this couple. And with the final seaosn 3 episodes, you really find out why they work so well together.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativechick (View Post)
I just adore this couple. And with the final seaosn 3 episodes, you really find out why they work so well together.
They're amazing. I love how much they bounced back from a rocky S2 to have such an amazing S3 together, but then Rose's cancer hits and it rocks them again, but they still pull through together. Lovely relationship.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 10-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It shows that no matter what, they will make it through together
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It shows that no matter what, they will make it through together
Exactly. If they could make it through S2 intact, they could make it through anything.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

and this proves it. Harold never waivered for a second. And Harold knows what happens to the body when cancer hits it. Maybe not everything, but enough to know how much of an impact Rose was in for
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
and this proves it. Harold never waivered for a second. And Harold knows what happens to the body when cancer hits it. Maybe not everything, but enough to know how much of an impact Rose was in for
The only time he did really truly waiver outwardly was in the finale when they were going to Amy's graduation and Rose was just too tired and he broke down in front of Amy. Seriously, one of the most heartbreaking scenes in the series for me.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Bumping for the fun of it and because I really have noticed that the Harold/Rose continuity is off.

They say that Harold is at least a year older than Rose since he already went to college while she was still in high school, but later they say that they were the same age when they lost their virginity to each other (I guess Harold could have skipped a grade?) They also imply that the two dated in high school, but yet Rose was dating a different boy when Harold went to college (I guess they could have broken up and got back together, but it's not clear). They also say that Harold stuck around Everwood specifically so he could be close to Rose, but if they hadn't dated in high school, that would be pretty far-fetched, and then again, Rose also says when Harold was "away at college", he sent her all those things that reminded him of her...

What do you guys think? Do you think any one of the timelines is the most likely, or do you have a personal preference?
HAROLD: I don't know what you mean.
LemonyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:10 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I've noticed that their timeline is pretty messed up too! Isn't there two different versions of their proposal, possibly? I forget, but the writers absolutely forgot a few things along the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemony
They also say that Harold stuck around Everwood specifically so he could be close to Rose, but if they hadn't dated in high school, that would be pretty far-fetched, and then again, Rose also says when Harold was "away at college", he sent her all those things that reminded him of her...
And Harold was also at residency at the same hospital as Andy, and I doubt Andy was anywhere near Everwood!

Good observations.

I've always liked the pencil stub story and how Harold fought for Rose and she chose him over another guy. I think that fits Harold better, that even if he wasn't the best looking or the most talented, he was the one who fought the most for Rose and won her heart and then expressed that in such a lovely way when he was away from her. That's the timeline I tend to stick to, because isn't it just sweet?
Reply   Post New Thread