Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2011, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy Easter Thread 2018

WELCOME TO OUR EASTER THREAD 2018

SOME DISCUSSION QUESTIONS THAT WE CAN SHARE......

1.Do you have any special Easter family traditions?

2. Do you still receive an Easter basket? If so, What would you like it to contain?

3. What are your plans this Easter?

4. If you were to give an Easter basket to any character on Everwood...whom would you give it to....and what would it contain?

5. What's your favorite jelly bean flavor?

6. What do you have for Easter dinner?

7. What do you think the Browns or the Abbotts would do for Easter? (We didn't ever see this, did we?)

Last edited by jediwands; 03-16-2018 at 01:35 PM
Old 04-19-2011, 12:33 PM
Master Fan

Fantastic, Betty! Thanks for thinking of this!

A few questions to add to your already great ones:

1) What do you have for Easter dinner?
2) What do you think the Browns or the Abbotts would do for Easter? (We didn't ever see this, did we?)
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 04-19-2011, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, 'Tos. I added your questions to the opening post. I think we have a good selection. I hope we get some responses from our wonderful posters.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)

2. Do you still receive an Easter basket? If so, What would you like it to contain?

4. If you were to give an Easter basket to any character on Everwood...whom would you give it to....and what would it contain?

7. What do you think the Browns or the Abbotts would do for Easter? (We didn't ever see this, did we?)
1. Other than always seeing family on Easter, not really. When I was younger, I used to go to church every Sunday. None of us really go anymore, though, so I don't even do that on Easter.

2. I don't receive an Easter basket anymore, haha. Easter egg hunts were always fun when I was a kid, though!

3. We'll be going to my aunt (mom's sister) and uncle's house. There should be more than ten people there.

4. Hmm! I'd give Sam one filled with books. This way Nina could have a good night's sleep without her son bouncing off the walls from all of the sugar intake.

5. Bubble gum

6. We'll have ham, lasagna (my favorite meal) and all of that good stuff!

7. I don't think we ever saw them have Easter either! After doing this re-watch, I remember how much Rose cooked! Could you imagine how much she would have made on Easter??
Old 04-21-2011, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Just going to Mass....having a nice family dinner. When the kids were small...we used to hide plastic eggs around the house for them to find. Some were filled with candy and some were filled with money.

2. Do you still receive an Easter basket?

No.

If so, What would you like it to contain? Milk chocolate. I love peanut butter cups and Cadbury eggs....and I'm crazy about jelly beans.

Church...followed by everyone coming to my house for dinner. The only kid I'm going to have over is Lana's Dad. My younger son, Chris, is off to Europe tomorrow to visit his sister.

I would give a basket to Ephram....go figure. It would contain umpa lumpas for his next road trip, box of pasta...because that's all he eats, and a gift certificate to a hair salon for a cut and style.

I love licorice jelly beans. If any of you get any extra...please send them to me.

I don't have a traditional dinner...it's always different. I'm going to make a spiral ham and a meatloaf...nothing fancy.

I know that the Abbotts will go to Mass....good Catholics that they are. Of course, Rose will prepare a wonderful meal. Maybe they'll invite the Browns?
I'm pretty sure Nina will drag Andy to Church...for the kids' sake.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 04-21-2011 at 08:13 AM
Old 04-21-2011, 10:02 AM
Addicted Fan

Not really. We go to church every week, so going to church on Easter is not anything different. This will be the first time in like 5 years that I'm not teaching in children's church on Easter morning though, so I'm really looking forward to getting to enjoy the service.

We've never done Easter baskets.

Nothing out of the ordinary.

Sam I guess? I'd feel strange giving an Easter basket to Delia since she still considers herself Jewish. I like Dolfan's idea of books, maybe add some hot wheels or other small toys.

Anything fruity. Betty, you're welcome to every piece of licorice I ever encounter for the rest of my life. *gag*

Whatever we feel like fixing/having.

7. What do you think the Browns or the Abbotts would do for Easter?

Depending on how Jewish the Brown kids were feeling, they may or may not make an issue out of Easter. The Abbotts would definitely all go to mass together, and Rose would have a lovely dinner planned for all the family.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
I would give a basket to Ephram....go figure. It would contain umpa lumpas for his next road trip, box of pasta...because that's all he eats, and a gift certificate to a hair salon for a cut and style.
Perfect.

1. Do you have any special Easter family traditions?

Not really, no. We'll go to church in the morning, but that wasn't really a tradition either since we started going only a few years ago. Easter egg hunts were the tradition and I'm sure there's still some lying around that we haven't found.

No Easter basket, but I'm sure my parents will buy a chocolate bunny for my brother and me. My parents love that stuff, my dad still puts cookies and milk out during Christmas and takes a bite out of a cookie before morning.

We're going to a dinner with a family friend near Washington State to a fancy, dancy restaurant.

Hmm, I'd give one to Bright, because he'd be all like, "Cool!!" What it would contain...hmm, he'd probably appreciate hot wheel too, heh, but probably some movies and a whole bunch of candy and ingredients for sundaes.

The purple one, whatever flavour that is, hee. Betty, you can also have my licorice ones!

It's different every year, but this year it's a choice of lamb, steak, black cod, salmon and...something else. Not sure what I'll be having yet.

7. What do you think the Browns or the Abbotts would do for Easter?

Everyone's got the Abbotts down, so I'll say that maybe Andy and Nina would hide some chocolate eggs for Sam, and Delia would steal more than a few before Sam gets up.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 04-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hmm, I'd give one to Bright, because he'd be all like, "Cool!!" What it would contain...hmm, he'd probably appreciate hot wheel too, heh, but probably some movies and a whole bunch of candy and ingredients for sundaes.
Don't forget to include some pudding in that basket.

Quote:
Anything fruity. Betty, you're welcome to every piece of licorice I ever encounter for the rest of my life. *gag*
Just let me know if you need my address, Taryn.

Quote:
Could you imagine how much she would have made on Easter??
Bright would still be at the dinner table.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 04-21-2011 at 12:25 PM
Old 04-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Master Fan

Yes, instead of attending our regular Church like normal Sundays on Easter my family and some extended family head out to our family ranch. Its a good 20 miles outside the nearest town and we all sleep out there in my grandparents old house. No electricity or anyhing just hang out for the weekend sleeping on the floor, good times. For the Easter service on Sunday us kids put it on so one of us leads singing, one does the prayer, little kids read short bible verses, then one of us does the "sermon" or lesson portion. Its just family so its really informal but to me worship is worship and I really love this tradition. This yeah I have the sermon portion so it should be fun!

Oh yeah just like me and my brother who are both in college still get "Santa" on Christmas My family is cool like that. Usually its all sorts of stuff candy maybe a small stuffed bunny, flip flops, random stuff like that.

What I described above out at the family ranch. Although me and my Mimi(grandma) are heading to a Rangers game tomorrow but we will be back out there late Saturday night.

Delia is my girl so it would have to be her and hmmmm defintely some NY bagels, candy, and some sport caps....maybe a Texas Rangers one.

Yuck hate them all.

Ours is more of a huge breakfast so like bacon, eggs, biscuits & gravy, fruit, sausage....and so on.

Well the Browns were jewish right....or atleast half on their moms side....I remember Ephram spouting off about having to eat pork one episode....

But yeah idk Im sure at the Abbots Bright was the one hiding the eggs really hard for all the little kids especially the ones with money in them so when they didnt find them he could go back and get them.....*Not speaking from experience of course*
Old 04-23-2011, 05:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yes, instead of attending our regular Church like normal Sundays on Easter my family and some extended family head out to our family ranch. Its a good 20 miles outside the nearest town and we all sleep out there in my grandparents old house. No electricity or anyhing just hang out for the weekend sleeping on the floor, good times. For the Easter service on Sunday us kids put it on so one of us leads singing, one does the prayer, little kids read short bible verses, then one of us does the "sermon" or lesson portion. Its just family so its really informal but to me worship is worship and I really love this tradition.
Shelby...this is awesome!! How much fun that sounds...and so original. I love it.

Quote:
his yeah I have the sermon portion so it should be fun!
You could always do a sports report.
Quote:

Yuck hate them all.

No!!!!
Old 04-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Addicted Fan

Shelby that's an awesome Easter tradition. I read it to hubby just now, that's exactly the kind of thing we'd love to start someday.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

An oldie but a goodie......

Old 04-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Church and if kids are around, an Easter egg hunt. We also get our baskets blessed at a Catholic church the day before Easter.

I received one last year when my nieces decided I should. Yes, I really do love them, heh. They went to the store with my sister and made one up for me filled with a lot of candy and a wonderful card.

We just got back from church and are now back here at my parents with sisters family. I'm also experiencing Easter in France via Alex with the little festival taking place right inside of the village she lives in via videotape and cam. We'll eat our Easter dinner around 4ish.

I'd give one to Delia filled with candy and some sports hats with Cleveland/Minnesota/Pittsburgh sports teams. Oh a long stick would be next to the basket which would be a new hockey stick for her.

Not a huge fan of jelly beans but I'll go with orange.

Slovak and Polish foods such as halupki and pierogi. We are also having prime rib this year. Usually we have ham but this year we changed things up and went for the expensive stuff. LOL.

I see Rose having a huge meal, inviting the Browns over as well. The Abbott's would definitely attend Mass, too.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Everyone for participating in our Easter thread.
I hope you're all digesting nicely and having a pleasant evening. (Of course..on the west coast you may still be eating.)

ETA: I had mentioned above that my younger son is in Europe visiting his sister (The Netherlands) and he's going to take side trips to Portugal and Spain.
Anyway..my daughter lives in Den Haag...which is about 1 hour train ride from Amsterdam. Since my son is adventurous and likes to go off on his own when he travels...he's staying in Amsterdam on his own for a couple of nights...in a Hostel. He's already made loads of friends at the Hostel and they're all going to do a "Pub Crawl" tonight. Apparently, this is what they do in Amsterdam Easter Sunday. I don't know why...but Pub Crawl sounds so much better than bar hopping.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 04-24-2011 at 06:40 PM
Old 04-24-2011, 07:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Shelby...this is awesome!! How much fun that sounds...and so original. I love it.
Yes its great I love it! Just got back in from the ranch a little earlier it was a good weekend of family, food, worship and some fishing. Oh and swimming with the horses cant forget that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
You could always do a sports report.
Haha nah I spoke on faith and what it means to me personally and read what for me has always been the ultimate display of faith in the bible, the story of Jericho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn
Shelby that's an awesome Easter tradition. I read it to hubby just now, that's exactly the kind of thing we'd love to start someday.
Yes, yall should. Its just a great weekend all the way around. We dont get to see eachother as much now that some of the older kids like me and my bro are in college so its nice to get together espeially on a special holiday like this.