Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2012, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Well, something good has happened. My sister bought a ton of plastic Easter eggs with candy inside. Most of us have managed to arrange a quick egg hunt this morning with the younger kids. It'll be quick, but at least it's something.

Tos, we usually have ham every year for Easter. Ham, deviled eggs, rolls.

Happy Easter everyone!

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 04-08-2012, 11:56 AM
Master Fan

Aw, I'm glad you're getting a part of Easter at least, Barry. The kids will love that, as will you I'm sure. Enjoy it! And let us know how it goes.

We didn't get lamb this year, so roast beef it is. Yum!

Hope everyone has a very Happy Easter.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 04-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Master Fan

Barry, I'm glad too that you will have some Easter. The kids will like it, I'm sure.

Wow I'm feeling weird since our Easter is a week later . It's like we are against the whole world .

I could tell you about our traditions, although they are more like family traditions than anything else. Usually we paint and prepare the eggs in Thursday evening (if not than on Saturday, due to religious reasons we can't do it on Friday). On Friday if people want, they could go to church (something about going under a table, that's what I remember), I don't go, because I'm not religious.

My grandmother prepares the mixture for the cookies, while my father and his brother prepare the needed meat for the Easter lunch (meaning they buy lamb and kill it, so that they could retrieve the meat). Then we (my mother, me, my cousin and her mother) help to make the cookies. My grandmother is older, so she can't do it alone - that's why she only prepares the mixture. If people want they could go on Easter's service on Saturday night. I skip this too. And on Sunday we cook the lamb with rice and cabbage (sounds weird I know) and we have lunch where the whole family gathers.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Master Fan

Did anyone get any Easter baskets or chocolate this year as a gift? I think this is the first year where my parents didn't get me any. Which I'm okay with, because I eat way too much candy as is!

What day is your Easter, Koni? Interesting, I didn't know that. I wonder why it's different.

Sounds very nice, Koni. Sounds like you'll have quite a few people over for Sunday?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 04-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Master Fan

This Sunday . I think it depends on the religion - at least that's what I know. That's the reason:

Quote:
Historically, Western churches used the Gregorian Calendar to calculate the date of Easter and Eastern Orthodox churches used the Julian Calendar. This was partly why the dates were seldom the same.
source.

I know this because my coworkers in Germany were on vacation on Friday and on Monday and we weren't. Last year though the dates were the same.

Yeah, we gather in my grandmother's house - 7 persons (we used to be 8, but my grandfather died 7 years ago). My grandmother, my father, my mother, my uncle, his wife and their daughter and me. We do this on every Easter and every Christmas Eve - it's a tradition, we gather all for festive lunch/dinner.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Master Fan

Ah, the difference makes total sense, then.

I believe we're backward from most places for Mother's Day, but I had no idea about Easter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koni
Yeah, we gather in my grandmother's house - 7 persons (we used to be 8, but my grandfather died 7 years ago). My grandmother, my father, my mother, my uncle, his wife and their daughter and me. We do this on every Easter and every Christmas Eve - it's a tradition, we gather all for festive lunch/dinner.
Aw, that's really nice that you all get together. Do you get along with everyone? I mean, I'm sure you do since they're family, but do you guys have a fun time and have good conversation and all that?
Old 04-11-2012, 07:25 AM
Master Fan

Well they are my family, so I respect them. I can't say that I hate them . I'm joking .

Of course there are people that I get along with more than the others. Besides my parents (we have the usual parent/child relationship, but I could be distant so it's not always hugs and kisses and that kind of stuff since I'm not big fan of public physical display of affection and not big hugs fan in general), I actually got along the most with my grandfather. We had the same personality, so we understood each other pretty easily. Which is why I took it personally when he died.

I could talk to my cousin, but limited time. We are so different that at some point she can't understand my point and I won't accept that she is right , since I have my point. It's like we're back being kids.

The gatherings are interesting until they start gossiping. I hate gossiping, but they like it and they start discuss stuff about some people that I don't know and when I say that I think differently, there is like small war at home, because there have to be something wrong with me . I do have some backup from my father, he hates it as much as I do, so at some point we both stop listening. I think that this is normal in every family though.

I like them, just they all have their quirks and I have mine (naturally), so we could interact for certain amount of time without starting annoying each other.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

how was everyone's easter?
Old 04-14-2012, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganandroryforever (View Post)
how was everyone's easter?
Wonderful!! I spent it in Amsterdam with my daughter.

How was yours, Rachel?

For you, Koni.....

Old 04-16-2012, 12:59 AM
Master Fan

Thanks, Betty!

Here is picture of the painted eggs this year - my mother made them. I'm telling you she's a talent .

My Easter was OK - just like the years before. The most important thing for me is that we are the whole family. I'm not religious, so I don't consider this holiday in itself important, but I like that we could be all sitting on one table and talking.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:19 PM
Master Fan

Woah!! Those eggs are amazing! Look at the colours. Can your mother make us some?

I'm glad you all got together, Koni. I think holidays are for exactly what you said, to have the whole family together and enjoying each others' company. How was the feast?
Old 04-17-2012, 11:40 PM
Master Fan

I can tell you how she's making them .

It was good, we laughed, we talked, we fought about food . Our grandmother complained how me and my cousin get old and we have to marry soon, so that she can have great grand children. And we told her that we want to live .

There was no lamb this year though, but we had some steaks - pork, chicken and duck.

And we made cookies and incredibly sweet chocolate cake with hazelnuts. We for sure could have died from sugar coma. Now we're on diet, because there was so much eating during the holiday.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:15 AM
Master Fan

I can totally understand that desire to keep living!

And the usual post-holiday diet. Are you sticking to it? That's always the hard part. I always say I'll diet after a big feast like that and I do for a few days but...then a few days later I'm back to my bad habits, heh.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought that I would revive this thread...for obvious reasons!

Feel free to answer any of the questions on the Opening Post.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:25 AM
Master Fan

Oh right this weekend is your Easter. Ours is one month later so it's still far for me.

As for the questions here are my answers:

1.Do you have any special Easter family traditions?
Aside the fact that we gather the whole family - my parents, my father's brother's family and their mother No.

2. Do you still receive an Easter basket? If so, What would you like it to contain?

I've never received one. We don't have such tradition .

3. What are your plans this Easter?

Visiting family and stay about week or two. This year we have more than one holiday during the time when Easter is. It's also Saint George day and we have traditions for this too. And then a day later it's my mother's birthday so this week is full with holidays for me and I plan to spend them with my family.

4. If you were to give an Easter basket to any character on Everwood...whom would you give it to....and what would it contain?

Like I said we don't have such tradition so I can't answer this question before getting to know the tradition.

5. What's your favorite jelly bean flavor?

Let's say that I don't like very much jelly.

6. What do you have for Easter dinner?

We don't have Easter dinner, we have Easter lunch and it contains lamb with cooked cabbage and rice, cookies and of course eggs.

Last edited by secretk; 03-29-2013 at 12:30 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread