Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2019, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I just found a very old post of mine around the time when I first discovered Everwood... I was posting like crazy on this thread with a bunch of people like Lazy/Laura, Jerry and The Crow/Alan.

Here is the post... I remember the feelings I had while posting my thoughts about this episode... I shipped Ephram/Amy right away but this moment was when I fell in love with them:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M
I can't get enough of my season 1 dvd. OMG, there is one scene in episode 6, "The Doctor Is In" that I have to mention. First off, can I just say how adorable it was that Ephram was writing Amy a song? Awww. And I think Amy even knew he was up to something before officially finding out that it was for her. But, OMG, that end scene where Ephram is busy finishing his song for her, as Amy comes walking down towards the piano and she asks him again what he is playing.. And she says.. "Did you compose this nothing?" Hee. Then she goes on to tell him the story about how Colin couldn't leave her behind or whatever to which she INSTANTLY asks Ephram again in such a cute voice, what he was playing before, to which Eprham tells her he wrote her a song, because he wanted someone to remember her first solo. Awwww.. The look on Amy's face is priceless. She is moved beyond words. She then asks him to play it for her but Ephram tells her it isn't finished but Amy says.. "Please?." Then they exchange a look and Amy gets his sheet music ready, to which they exchange another look. Ephram starts playing this beautiful song as Amy gazes up at him, as she is sharing the piano chair with him and then they BOTH listen to the music together. OH. MY. GOD. This scene is so incredibly powerful. It's more of what they DON'T say that is significant here. The exchanged looks, the sharing of the piano seat, Amy getting his music sheet ready for him, how Amy goes from the Colin story to asking Ephram about what he was playing in the same breath, the beautiful song he wrote for her, the way Amy looks at him while he is playing. I seriously get goosebumps while watching this scene. The connection and intense interaction together communicates so powerfully how something huge is going on between them.

OMG, I could watch this scene over and over. Greg/Emily hit a home run with this scene. Perfect.

http://www.fanforum.com/2368480-post125.html
Old 09-09-2019, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I love reading these old posts...

Like this one:
Quote:
Originally posted by Lazy
That is a great scene. Have you seen 'Is There a Doctor in the House?' ? You gotta see that porch scene, their chemistry was just unbelievable in that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Oh yes, that scene is perfect. And even the scene before that whenever Ephram/Andy are fighting and then the camera zooms over to Amy, the expression on her face is incredible. She couldn't believe Ephram might be leaving and going back to NYC. She looks devastated. Notice how she gets rid of her drink right then. Those little subtle actions are so great. She looked overwhelmed at the notion of Ephram leaving. Hee. And then the porch scene. Awwwww. OMG, so amazing. My heart melted whenever Ephram wipes off the snow from the swing before she sits down. And Amy was immediate and direct in questioning him about why he didn't tell her he was thinking of leaving. And then Ephram telling her she is in his head. Then she CONTINUES anxiously in questioning him if he is leaving. The other thing I noticed is how Berlanti ALWAYS has a tendency to have Amy talk about BOTH Ephram and Colin in almost run-on sentences. She will go from one to the other in a split second and I think Berlanti is trying to hit home that Amy has BOTH of these guys front and center in her head as well as the obvious realization that Amy is developing romantic feelings for Ephram. Just thought I would point that out. Hee. Back to the porch scene.. But you can tell she needs to hold back in telling him he needs to stay, given the state that their relationship is in. She was just running away from him due to their first kiss and feels she can't continue to act on their feelings for each other because of Colin. Well, until episode 11, "A Thanksgiving Tale" when Amy completely instigates their second kiss. But OMG, yes their chemistry is incredible. And then the last scene with them at M J's? I ADORED how Amy secretly walks up behind Ephram, pulls out his earplugs, then spins around in her chair and acts like she didn't do it. That was so adorable.. And the look on her face whenever she finds out he was staying was perfect. And of course this classic exchange that blows me away..

Amy: I thought New York had everything?

Ephram: Just about.

*dies* OMG, my heart literally jumped during that exchange. How freaking adorable was that! The look exchanged between them was superb. Amy knew he meant her and thus, the smile on her face. OMG, that scene rocked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy
You're good I didn't even think about that! But yeah, it would make perfect sense, this is Berlanti we're talking about after all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Aww, thanks. I absolutely believe that this was the intention of the entire episode given how we know Berlanti ties things together as a whole in each episode. Yes, it was NOT a coincidence that E/A shared their first kiss on Andy/Julia's anniversary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy
You know Michelle, your posts make me happy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Thanks Lazy. I love reading your posts. Yeah, thoughout my novels, I guess sometimes I can make some points in them.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I wish we could have similar exchanges like that in the present. The Ephram/Amy love is brought back to life and it's so great.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:00 AM
Addicted Fan

What's standing in the way of that, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 09-10-2019, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)
What's standing in the way of that, if you don't mind me asking?
I think it's the lack of people on this board who actually want to talk about Everwood and the characters.
You are a breath of fresh air for this board, Leo!
Old 09-10-2019, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
I just found a very old post of mine around the time when I first discovered Everwood... I was posting like crazy on this thread with a bunch of people like Lazy/Laura, Jerry and The Crow/Alan.

Here is the post... I remember the feelings I had while posting my thoughts about this episode... I shipped Ephram/Amy right away but this moment was when I fell in love with them:
I wish I was around in those days, Michelle, when Everwood was first airing to enjoy this beautiful exchanges when as they were happening. So many articulate writers.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I think it's the lack of people on this board who actually want to talk about Everwood and the characters.
^ This. We have some regulars on the board and we still spit out amazing monthly numbers. But the talk strictly about Everwood is severely lacking.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I wish I was around in those days, Michelle, when Everwood was first airing to enjoy this beautiful exchanges when as they were happening. So many articulate writers.
I read through five threads last night (insomnia again) and it was amazing. You could feel the energy pouring out of the threads from the excited and happy posters talking about the show. It was great.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:02 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
The sad thing is, actually, that I'm only ever stopping by so briefly because of the lacking Everwood talk. Seems there may a vicious cycle going on here - the lack of Everwood-specific talk keeping those who want to talk about it away...

It's a long shot assuming I am not the only one lurking around like that, but I just graduated, I've got some time on my hands - I'd be happy to try and jump-start some Everwood discussion to see if it reanimates some of the Everwood-related activity that even I can still recall from my early days here... that is, given you guys have that sort of time on your hands, seeing as I can't be rambling on by myself...
Old 09-10-2019, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)
The sad thing is, actually, that I'm only ever stopping by so briefly because of the lacking Everwood talk. Seems there may a vicious cycle going on here - the lack of Everwood-specific talk keeping those who want to talk about it away...

It's a long shot assuming I am not the only one lurking around like that, but I just graduated, I've got some time on my hands - I'd be happy to try and jump-start some Everwood discussion to see if it reanimates some of the Everwood-related activity that even I can still recall from my early days here... that is, given you guys have that sort of time on your hands, seeing as I can't be rambling on by myself...
We appreciate your offer to help, Leo.. Our discussion thread is our means to generate discussion and when you put a discussion question out there...we hope people will come and respond. After all...it brought you over to respond.
So, Leo, anytime you think of a good question please feel free to post it on that thread. That would be great!

ETA: So glad you are finally done with school. It seems like you have been going forever!!
Old 09-10-2019, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I live on this board, it's my second home basically. I work from home as a research psychologist so I'm always around, probably even too much. LOL.

Thing is, sometimes we will get some great discussion and have recently on the Episode Discussion Thread like you pointed out, Betty. It comes in waves, I just wish the waves would be an ongoing constant.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I love this picture so much for various reasons...

1. It sums up the struggle between a very Spiritual Connected but conflicted, Ephram/Amy.
2. It displays the general tone/Energy of Everwood Season 1.
3. It is also a perfect summary of the Brown's and Abbott's, Season 1; their division/yet uniquely coming together at the same time.

This series is so unique... I've never encountered another TV Series that captures emotion, tone, meaning, just based on non-verbal communication alone.

Everwood is a gem.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi

It's been awhile I just wanted to pop in and say that I lurk around here once a week / couple times a month just to keep up with what's happening. I haven't posted here for a very long time, RL is so busy.

My Everwood rewatch is on hold, but I still intend to finish it one day but it might take awhile. Everwood is still one of my favourite shows and Ephram/Amy one of my favourite couples so that hasn't changed

Laura|
Old 09-14-2019, 12:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy (View Post)
Hi

It's been awhile I just wanted to pop in and say that I lurk around here once a week / couple times a month just to keep up with what's happening. I haven't posted here for a very long time, RL is so busy.

My Everwood rewatch is on hold, but I still intend to finish it one day but it might take awhile. Everwood is still one of my favourite shows and Ephram/Amy one of my favourite couples so that hasn't changed
Hey, Lazy/Laura.

Nice to see you around here again!

This is Wilpen (past SN)/Michelle.

If you ever get around to a rewatch, would love to hear your thoughts once again.

Thanks for stopping by!
Old 09-14-2019, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy (View Post)
Hi

Hi, Lazy! (don't like saying that..) I think we'd all need to do a rewatch and as Michelle said...we'd love to hear your thoughts!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread