Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2018, 01:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi guys!
Came back to rave a little about the E/A picnic scene in S2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il46avUIyC0

As always, the most poignant scenes in Everwood come with the most heartbreaking music. Love it in this scene. It just sounds so hopeful and simple.. and the scene itself, for me, it's not really a typical romantic picnic between two lovers. I like how it goes down a different route. Ephram isn't automatically going for the girl, which is surprising, cause it's the first time they can really be together and he's wanted it for so long. He's so nervous in the beginning here, but once they settle in, it's such an open, honest and sweet conversation and later turns into two lovers discussing how they can solve this difficult situation. There's a different kind of magic vibe here.. of course the spring birds singing in the background help a lot. Another little moment that I just can't get over is when the lovely music has been playing in the background for a while, they kiss and as their embrace intensifies, so does the music swell along, strengthening softly. Right there at a bout 3:19 - 3:20 timestamp. Beautiful. Blake Neely just nails this!

End of rant
Old 05-02-2018, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amont (View Post)
Hi guys!
Came back to rave a little about the E/A picnic scene in S2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il46avUIyC0

As always, the most poignant scenes in Everwood come with the most heartbreaking music. Love it in this scene. It just sounds so hopeful and simple.. and the scene itself, for me, it's not really a typical romantic picnic between two lovers. I like how it goes down a different route. Ephram isn't automatically going for the girl, which is surprising, cause it's the first time they can really be together and he's wanted it for so long. He's so nervous in the beginning here, but once they settle in, it's such an open, honest and sweet conversation and later turns into two lovers discussing how they can solve this difficult situation. There's a different kind of magic vibe here.. of course the spring birds singing in the background help a lot. Another little moment that I just can't get over is when the lovely music has been playing in the background for a while, they kiss and as their embrace intensifies, so does the music swell along, strengthening softly. Right there at a bout 3:19 - 3:20 timestamp. Beautiful. Blake Neely just nails this!

End of rant
Hey Amont! Great to see you around here! Your analysis is spot on. You have as much passion and love for our ship than anyone so I love reading your beautiful thoughts... everything you said is bang on, and absolutely, the added touch of Blake Neely is the cherry on top.

Don't be a stranger.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I just found this:

Old 05-18-2018, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
I just found this:

I love this scene!! I have seen this version of it (I believe in the Season One DVD). So adorable. Poor Ephram took Spanish.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I love this scene!! I have seen this version of it (I believe in the Season One DVD). So adorable. Poor Ephram took Spanish.
Yes, there is a version of it in season 1. I have never seen this particular version. I think Emily sounds so cute speaking French. I love her French Canadian accent.

The chemistry between Emily and Greg is so great as usual.
Old 05-21-2018, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 05-21-2018, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 05-21-2018, 04:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 05-26-2018, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 05-26-2018, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 05-26-2018, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ I love how they always were so close to each other, and the eye contact was there with one or the both of them. That non-verbal communication was incredible. The status of their relationship didn't even matter. They always had this sort of chemistry and I've never seen anything like it before with any other pairing.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

God...even when they were apart they had that connection..not just with the eyes.
Old 05-27-2018, 03:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Exactly!

I’ve never seen another pairing like this. Only Ephram/Amy. Greg/Amy had an untouchable, rare chemistry. Combine this special chemistry with the strong writing and you have something amazing.
Old 05-27-2018, 11:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
They had great chemistry together! I also like their looks in this season the best!
Old 05-27-2018, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Which is incredible, right? This is the season that they spent the most time apart yet their chemistry and looks are absolutely amazing in this season. More proof that it didn’t matter whether the characters were together romantically or just friends. It did not matter, the connection was always there.

Last edited by jediwands; 11-03-2018 at 06:40 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread