Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2019, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
I’m going to reread more slowly undisturbed this weekend. You’re really talented, Patricia. We are lucky to have you on the board.
I need to do that as well, Patricia, when all my company leaves.
Old 04-20-2019, 04:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't wait to read everyone's reviews
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 05-13-2019, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 05-13-2019, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ I love what they're both wearing. I love that they match with the dark colors. I love the little things.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I loved that scene so much. Even though Amy says she’s OK with PDA it’s really not typical Ephram and Amy to go there (minus hand holding). They definitely liked making up in that scene which is why they didn’t mind. It was so cute and I love the direction and how the entire scene was set up. Just love it. Chemistry flying around everywhere, the usual with these two. Greg and Emily just had IT.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)

I loved that scene so much. Even though Amy says she’s OK with PDA it’s really not typical Ephram and Amy to go there (minus hand holding). They definitely liked making up in that scene which is why they didn’t mind. It was so cute and I love the direction and how the entire scene was set up. Just love it. Chemistry flying around everywhere, the usual with these two. Greg and Emily just had IT.
The whole episode was so adorable...the two of them not being on the same page and then trying to be on the other's page while he/she was trying to be on their page! Love the way it ended up.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
The whole episode was so adorable...the two of them not being on the same page and then trying to be on the other's page while he/she was trying to be on their page! Love the way it ended up.
That’s exactly it. Yes, a beautiful ending.

Amy’s talk with Harold was so perfect too.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That’s exactly it. Yes, a beautiful ending.

Amy’s talk with Harold was so perfect too.
Amy and Harold talk was one of my favorite scenes of the whole series.
Old 05-18-2019, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Amy and Harold talk was one of my favorite scenes of the whole series.
With you.

It highlighted how great Ephram is... how much Harold really liked him too. Given everything that happened in those first two seasons, especially the Colin situation which prevented them from being together... it was nice hearing Amy speak from her heart, truly admitting to her father she had fallen head over heels in love with Ephram. Such a magnificent scene.
Old 05-31-2019, 08:44 PM
Administrator

I think one important thing in Ephram and Amy’s relationship is that no matter what they went through together or individually, they always remained friends, and they always were in each other’s lives. To be sure, there were times when they were estranged, and times when they hurt each other, and there were times when they were romantically involved with other people, but they never lost touch with one another, and you always knew that deep down, they still loved and cared about one another.

I often compare Ephram and Amy to Dawson and Joey, and to me, the major difference between the two couples is that Dawson and Joey’s friendship effectively ended at the end of Season Two, and all their “soulmate” declarations rang increasingly hollow as the seasons wore on, but throughout all the seasons of Everwood, there was never any doubt that Ephram and Amy were soulmates, and there was also never any doubt that they loved each other and would make their way back to each other. It probably also helped that Ephram’s best friend was Bright, Amy’s brother, so he couldn’t win her heart away from Ephram like Pacey won Joey’s heart away from Dawson! For me personally, the writers of Dawson’s Creek destroyed everything I loved about Dawson and Joey over the years to the point where I didn’t care about them any more, but the writers of Everwood never did that with Ephram and Amy, and so I loved them and rooted for them right up until the very end.

I attribute all that not only to the superior writing on Everwood, but also to the great acting ability of Emily and Greg, who always had chemistry together, unlike James and Katie, who had great chemistry together in the early seasons of Dawson’s Creek, but who had absolutely no chemistry together in the later seasons of the show. I’ve never seen so much chemistry between two actors as I saw between Greg and Emily, and that chemistry kept me hooked throughout the run of the show. I really miss this couple, but at least we all still get to discuss them and share our love for them here.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 06-01-2019, 08:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I think one important thing in Ephram and Amy’s relationship is that no matter what they went through together or individually, they always remained friends, and they always were in each other’s lives. To be sure, there were times when they were estranged, and times when they hurt each other, and there were times when they were romantically involved with other people, but they never lost touch with one another, and you always knew that deep down, they still loved and cared about one another.

I often compare Ephram and Amy to Dawson and Joey, and to me, the major difference between the two couples is that Dawson and Joey’s friendship effectively ended at the end of Season Two, and all their “soulmate” declarations rang increasingly hollow as the seasons wore on, but throughout all the seasons of Everwood, there was never any doubt that Ephram and Amy were soulmates, and there was also never any doubt that they loved each other and would make their way back to each other. It probably also helped that Ephram’s best friend was Bright, Amy’s brother, so he couldn’t win her heart away from Ephram like Pacey won Joey’s heart away from Dawson! For me personally, the writers of Dawson’s Creek destroyed everything I loved about Dawson and Joey over the years to the point where I didn’t care about them any more, but the writers of Everwood never did that with Ephram and Amy, and so I loved them and rooted for them right up until the very end.

I attribute all that not only to the superior writing on Everwood, but also to the great acting ability of Emily and Greg, who always had chemistry together, unlike James and Katie, who had great chemistry together in the early seasons of Dawson’s Creek, but who had absolutely no chemistry together in the later seasons of the show. I’ve never seen so much chemistry between two actors as I saw between Greg and Emily, and that chemistry kept me hooked throughout the run of the show. I really miss this couple, but at least we all still get to discuss them and share our love for them here.
Amen. I agree with your every word. Berlanti learned from Dawson’s Creek. It’s not a coincidence everything Ephram/Amy were, Dawson/Joey initially had in season 1 but lost everything in season 2 and for the rest of the series. I still think Greg and Emily are far superior in the chemistry department even on James and Katie’s best day. That said, James and Katie did have a nice chemistry in season 1. Again, it all fell apart when the story was demolished.

The key for Ephram/Amy was never losing that connection. Even in season 2 when Amy was suffering from depression and they were certainly with the wrong romantic people... you always knew Ephram/Amy would recover and come back together just like we witnessed at the end of season 2 with the classic fries scene. There was a strong foundation for Ephram/Amy from day 1. We also had the actors in Greg and Emily fully behind the pairing just like we were which made it so special. We were truly blessed with this magical pairing.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ I love how she’s looking at him here. Emily plays it beautifully. You still see some of the side effects of her battle with depression. You can tell Amy’s been through a lot. But with Ephram, she feels free, like she can finally breathe again.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:

^ I love how she’s looking at him here. Emily plays it beautifully. You still see some of the side effects of her battle with depression. You can tell Amy’s been through a lot. But with Ephram, she feels free, like she can finally breathe again.
Wonderful interpretation of that scene.

One thing I really liked was in the flashback scene in Goodbye Love, when Ephram was still with Madison and Amy was still Tommy is that Amy acknowledged that her "love" for Collin was just a leftover adolescent infatuation, and she compared it to being in love with Big Bird when she was six. It showed all along that Collin wasn't the one she was meant to be with and that Ephram was her soulmate, which she realized when she snapped back to the present day.

I also like how they showed how Ephram loved her in subtle ways, like helping her fix the broken saucer and stopping her from drinking more wine at the Delia's Bat Mitzvah. Love isn't just about grand gestures; it's about the little things too.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 06-01-2019, 08:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Wonderful interpretation of that scene.

One thing I really liked was in the flashback scene in Goodbye Love, when Ephram was still with Madison and Amy was still Tommy is that Amy acknowledged that her "love" for Collin was just a leftover adolescent infatuation, and she compared it to being in love with Big Bird when she was six. It showed all along that Collin wasn't the one she was meant to be with and that Ephram was her soulmate, which she realized when she snapped back to the present day.

I also like how they showed how Ephram loved her in subtle ways, like helping her fix the broken saucer and stopping her from drinking more wine at the Delia's Bat Mitzvah. Love isn't just about grand gestures; it's about the little things too.
Another thing he did was go to Hannah and ask her to stay for Amy. That right there showed how much he loved her
Old 06-01-2019, 08:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyOiler35 (View Post)
Another thing he did was go to Hannah and ask her to stay for Amy. That right there showed how much he loved her
That's very true.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread