Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2015, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Andy felt powerful enough (huge ego) to believe that he could control every situation. So...I'm sure he never thought that his plan to keep Madison away would not work.
Agreed. Though I think his bleeding ulcer and dating Amanda was the punishment he set up for himself because ego or not he knew he was wrong. Like I mentioned, as an Ephram/Amy fan I'm glad Andy went there though. It's bad enough Madison was even around still with the pregnancy but I'll be dammed if it was going to largely affect season 3 Ephram/Amy. Like I also mentioned I think a lot of parents in Andy's position would have been more mad at Ephram for being so stupid knowing they tried to prevent the relationship in the first place and the carelessness even after going against your father's wishes. I'm shocked Andy's ego wasn't tempted to get pissed instead of attempting to protect.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just don't see how Andy, no matter how objective he tried to be, could just write his grandchild off. Yeah, it's not under regular circumstances, but he treated the child as if Madison had never dated Ephram and just took care of it.
patricia
Old 08-25-2015, 04:21 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
I just don't see how Andy, no matter how objective he tried to be, could just write his grandchild off. Yeah, it's not under regular circumstances, but he treated the child as if Madison had never dated Ephram and just took care of it.
That's true and I think that theory mentioned in the Episode discussion thread that Andy was pissed at Madison might explain his behavior a bit. Maybe he was pissed that much that he projected his feelings also towards the baby.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I really think he did. That's how I always saw it. I think his anger was released after he had that meeting with Madison in NY but until then he was consumed with anger.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I just stumbled upon this:

Quote:
Ephram and Amy Taught Us Everything We Need to Know About Love
https://us.beamly.com/tv-news/2014/1...eed-know-love/
Old 09-05-2015, 07:57 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
This is just wonderful!! A beautiful picture journey of Amy and Ephram's love progression! Thanks so much for finding this, Michelle!
Old 09-05-2015, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I'm shocked it remained hidden for so long!

I commend the critics for singling out Ephram/Amy. They are a gem.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Such an underrated scene rarely discussed. I love how Amy teases Ephram about Madison and in general, there's romantic jealous going on between them with the bantering.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

This thread shouldn't be inactive for this long.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)

Such an underrated scene rarely discussed. I love how Amy teases Ephram about Madison and in general, there's romantic jealous going on between them with the bantering.
Love this scene and this episode. It's one of the few early season 2 episodes that Amy and Ephram got to be together. It's the first time Ephram called Tommy..Rico Suave. lol
Old 11-20-2015, 03:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

LOL I actually think Amy's awesome comment about Madison being an old woman was hilarious too:

I don't even have to label who's talking and we just know:

Quote:
I take it things are going well with you and Madison? Yeah, you know.
Hmmm.
Is it weird us talking about this? No.
No.
I don't � I don't feel weird at all.
Do you? No � no, not at all.
Good.
So, uh, what do you want to know? She's awesome.
She actually likes me, which is odd.
No, it's not.
I'm glad it worked out with you two.
Must be cool having so much in common � the whole music thing.
So did she actually ever see the Beatles play or? Oh-oh-oh.
Very funny.
And how's Rico Suave? You guys sharing needles yet? Look, I know Bright slated him up to be a big crack addict, but he's not like that.
He's actually really smart.
I think you'd like him.
Yeah.

The tension between them was so thick when they weren't romantically together, it was awesome.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:01 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I love this part:

Quote:
She actually likes me, which is odd.
No, it's not.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)

I love this part:
I love that! Amy was showing Ephram she had feelings for him still with that comment. She consistently went there. With Colin she found many ways to tell Ephram she had romantic feelings (well, putting aside the mutual kissing, lol) and did the same when she's all depressed and with Tommy.

I can read that dialogue and just hear that conversion with Greg and Emily shining magically together.

Berlanti just wrote Ephram/Amy to perfection; he flawlessly, naturally wrote the words and Greg/Emily took off with it. We were so lucky.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:08 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I love this scene and you know that I'm not the biggest Greenie out there. However for me this scene only showed how much they like each other. The chemistry between the actors was spot on and no it wasn't awkward at all . I've always loved scenes like that between Ephram and Amy.

Yes Season 2 wasn't the best when it comes to interaction between those two but we still had some great moments.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I love this scene and you know that I'm not the biggest Greenie out there. However for me this scene only showed how much they like each other. The chemistry between the actors was spot on and no it wasn't awkward at all . I've always loved scenes like that between Ephram and Amy.

Yes Season 2 wasn't the best when it comes to interaction between those two but we still had some great moments.

Berlanti has a thing for keeping his main pairings apart in season 2 and then getting them together at the end of season 2/beginning of season 3. On The Flash, I ship Barry/Iris (who are A LOT like Ephram/Amy) and that's precisely what's happening to them in season 2... they're being kept apart storyline-wise with the knowledge that season 1 was the foundation for them. As a result, they can't spend a lot of time together until they officially get together because the chemistry and strong story is too powerful... other stuff has to happen before they get together... like with Ephram/Amy, Amy had to mourn Colin's death, get through her depression, have tons of dramatic moments with her parents, Grandmother, date a drug addict, lol. Ephram had to date someone else besides Amy (though I wish it would have been someone else lol) and build up his relationship with Andy (in order for it to ripped apart at the end of season 3).

These were things Berlanti wanted to accomplish before Ephram/Amy became official. Until then, they had to be apart or else their dynamic would take center stage and we wouldn't care about this other stuff.

If my theory is correct, Barry/Iris will get together at the end of season 2 as well.

Also... those last 4/5 season 2 episodes with Ephram/Amy were all the more magical because the payoff was so delicious. It was worth the wait.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread