Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2010, 03:02 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I respect your views about Amy and Ephram, Shelby, but I am a little shocked. To me...Amy and Ephram's dynamic and chemistry were just as potent as Sarah and Chuck's relationship.
You can never compare these relationship, Ephram/Amy is a real life relationship while Chuck/Sarah is a fictional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty

Rolfi.
..I think I figured out your acronym. Do you mean: Thanks for Adding Me?
Thats is totally correct YJKAM!
You can't take the sky from me
Old 12-11-2010, 05:34 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
EA
Well where do I start? I mean her hair was just ugh and that weird.... No I kid really I had nothing against them, I just didn't fall for them. I knew from day one they would be end game and I guess they bored me. I still loved the show its not like I hated EA I didnt I enjoyed them but I wasnt ever crazy enough about them to analyze every detail and have their scenes really stick in my brain. Basically yeah it was the bore factor I guess.
I understand exactly what you mean, I feel just the same way about C/S, predictable and boring. I still love the show but I never fell for the C/S relationship. I think thats what so great about shows, that there is so many different views on things, which makes it more to discuss about =)

But going back on topic on this thread, I just remember somebody saying that they were expecting something bigger in the first I love you scene.

Quote:
AMY: This is a good song.

EPHRAM: Yeah, maybe Hannah and I will play it at our wedding.

[Amy hits Ephram.]

EPHRAM: (CONT'D) You are a very violent person, you know that.

AMY: I think you should be flattered. I don't know who said jealousy was a bad thing.

EPHRAM: There's a movie where she boiled a bunny. It was very scary.

AMY: I think it's a compliment not to mention one of the most basic instincts we have as human beings. It's like eating or breathing.

EPHRAM: What is?

AMY: Being territorial. Claiming something or someone as your own and then like marking it and saying this property's mine and no one else can have it.

EPHRAM: For the record, if I ever refer to you as property I'd be being beaten right now.

AMY: I just think it's fascinating how people treat each other. It's like if you like someone you're not supposed to show it and if you hate someone you're supposed to pretend that you like them so they don't know that you hate them, but if you love someone...

EPHRAM: Yeah.

AMY: It should be easier. You should finally be able to relax once you're past all the crazy, I mean.

EPHRAM: Yeah, makes sense.

AMY: I love you, Ephram.

EPHRAM: I love you too.

AMY: Yeah?

EPHRAM: Yeah.

AMY: Cool.

I have yet to see another I love you scene even being as close to perfection as this one. The way Amy builds up her speech all leading to her saying those three words, and the way Ephram so cooly responded. I am wondering about one thing, after Ephram being rejected by Madison when he said I love you, do you think it made him more cautious as to whether he should tell Amy or not at least in the beginning?? I saw it as very natural that Amy was the first one to say it..

And what was all of your best E/A moments, and why??

And another thing, who doesnt looooove Jealous Amy?? She is so cute when she is jealous on Ephram, her trying to hook up Hannah with all types of guys and this scene here:

Old 12-11-2010, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thats is totally correct YJKAM!
Okay...I may be the coolest Grandma....but you're going to have to tell me what that means.

The videos are exquisite....but then....all E/A videos are. Jealous Amy...."Especially since she's been buying him jackets.... I love it.

I thought of a beautiful title for the next Greenies thread: She Remembers Everything And She's Not Going To Forget.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:02 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Okay...I may be the coolest Grandma....but you're going to have to tell me what that means.
You Just Keep Amazing Me

Quote:
The videos are exquisite....but then....all E/A videos are. Jealous Amy...."Especially since she's been buying him jackets.... I love it.
hehe she is so cute when she says that And now Ephram is becoming Stephram

Quote:
I thought of a beautiful title for the next Greenies thread: She Remembers Everything And She's Not Going To Forget.
I love the title
Old 12-11-2010, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolfi Cole (View Post)
You Just Keep Amazing Me

Old 12-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Another two great moments with E/A:

Quote:
Ephram: "Hey."
Amy: "Hey, there you are. Ephram Brown, the melting man. The melting man, Ephram Brown."
Ephram: "He's oddly quiet."
Amy: "He's not having the best day. It might be his last."
Ephram: "Everyone just watches him melt?"
Amy: "Oh no, it's a contest. You bet when the hat will hit the ground. Mr. Lawrence over there has won three years in a row."
Ephram: "I think it's safe to say we have a few hours yet."
Amy: "Here's the deal. My dad agreed that I could hang with you today under one condition"
Ephram: "Yeah? What's that?"
Bright: "How goes it, bone lick?"
Amy: "He has to hang with us."
Ephram: "No offense, Amy, but he's really my least favorite thing about you."
Quote:
EPRHAM: You are, without a doubt, the strangest girl that I've ever met.
AMY: I know. But you've been a good friend to me, despite it. You've been different.
EPHRAM: Well like "bad" different or...
AMY: Different.
EPHRAM: I guess I've been called worse.
AMY: And you suck for leaving. Did I mention that? Just totally suck.
EPHRAM: Actually, I don't. I'm not going. Not anymore.
AMY: You're not? You're staying? Since when?
EPHRAM: Since I embarrassed myself in front of all our friends and family and told off some of the larger football players. You don't think that'll be a problem, do you?
AMY: I thought New York had everything.
EPHRAM: Just about.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolfi Cole (View Post)
Another two great moments with E/A:
That second scene that you quoted is one of my favorites. It was the first time that Amy made it so very obvious that she really liked Ephram and was so very very happy that he was not going back to New York. The smile on her face (when he said he wasn't going) said it all.
Rolfi...Amy told Ephram that he was different. I always wondered what she meant by that. Does anyone have any idea?
Old 12-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
That second scene that you quoted is one of my favorites. It was the first time that Amy made it so very obvious that she really liked Ephram and was so very very happy that he was not going back to New York. The smile on her face (when he said he wasn't going) said it all.
Rolfi...Amy told Ephram that he was different. I always wondered what she meant by that. Does anyone have any idea?
I really love that scene too and I also love how Ephram tells her that she affects her mood =)

I think what she tried to say was that she was suprised by how great guy he is, without saying it out so obviously. That he is different because he really seems to care about things not like all the others she has been with, Ephram was indeed something else At least thats what I think, if you would have guessed what do you think she mean by that, Betty?
Old 12-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think what she tried to say was that she was suprised by how great guy he is, without saying it out so obviously. That he is different because he really seems to care about things not like all the others she has been with, Ephram was indeed something else At least thats what I think, if you would have guessed what do you think she mean by that, Betty?
When she said that to Ephram in the diner, I don't think that she meant that he was a different kind of a guy in general. I think that Amy was saying that he was acting differently that particular scene...different from how he had acted in the past. If I were to guess what she meant....perhaps he was acting a little "cooler" and "more confident" than when she first met him. She saw a "different " air about him. But...I'm not sure and that's why I asked.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 12-11-2010 at 06:42 PM
Old 12-11-2010, 06:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
When she said that to Ephram in the diner, I don't think that she meant that he was a different kind of a guy in general. I think that Amy was saying that he was acting differently in that particular scene...different from how he had acted in the past. If I were to guess what she meant....perhaps he was acting a little "cooler" and "more confident" than when she first met him. She saw a "different " air about him. But...I'm not sure and that's why I asked.
You are probably right, I will have to rewatch that scene so that the context can be clearer to me On tuesday I will start to rewatch Everwood again
Old 12-12-2010, 12:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
When she said that to Ephram in the diner, I don't think that she meant that he was a different kind of a guy in general. I think that Amy was saying that he was acting differently that particular scene...different from how he had acted in the past. If I were to guess what she meant....perhaps he was acting a little "cooler" and "more confident" than when she first met him. She saw a "different " air about him. But...I'm not sure and that's why I asked.
Yeah, I think the more confident part fits. I think at that point, she's really starting to feel even more feelings for him. That scene is one of my favourites because Amy is so adorable, and really showing how much she cares for Ephram. Part of that is that he's more secure with himself, and I think another part is that she's starting to really really really fall for him. Like, she's had feelings for him before this episode, but I think she's just seeing him in a different light, as something more than what she expected.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 12-12-2010, 05:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Part of that is that he's more secure with himself, and I think another part is that she's starting to really really really fall for him. Like, she's had feelings for him before this episode, but I think she's just seeing him in a different light, as something more than what she expected.
That makes a lot of sense. In other words...he has become a guy that she is falling for (which is different for her) instead of the guy who was just a nice guy whose father she needed to operate on her boyfriend. The difference is that he has become more attractive to her (not necessarily in the literal sense).
Old 12-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That makes a lot of sense. In other words...he has become a guy that she is falling for (which is different for her) instead of the guy who was just a nice guy whose father she needed to operate on her boyfriend. The difference is that he has become more attractive to her (not necessarily in the literal sense).
Exactly. Perfectly said. It's just the way she says different in that scene, she sounds so positive about it, but also...I don't know, it just sounds new for her to say it that way. Hard to explain. "Different" always stood out in the scene for me just like it has for you.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 12-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Loyal Fan

So I thought I would post this video of my favourite couple. I saw that a person who made a great Clark/Lana movie on youtube were into Everwood, so I asked if it was possible of her to make me a Amy/Ephram movie, and she did =)

Old 12-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Master Fan

Aw, that's so great that she made that for you! It's got all of their best scenes. Great vid. Couldn't help but notice how gorgeous Amy looked throughout the whole video.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread