Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2010, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

first part of the fic i started

Andy stepped out of the operating room, throwing the scrubs in the trash can, the other doctor did the same.

“So, do you want me to tell him or did you want to?”
Andy sighed. “I wish I could say you do it, but it’s Ephram. Me not telling him would be like me chickening out and that’s exactly what I’d be doing. I’ve just gained his trust back and then it would be like the last four years of working on everything would be down the drain.”
“Want some company.”
“I think I’ve got it. Go have a rest, we’ll need you for cleanup.”
“Sure thing, Doc.”

It was like time had almost stopped. Andy was walking from the operating room down to the double doors. Everything was moving too fast. He had to walk through the double doors. He had to face her family…Ephram and all of her friends. He’s done this before, telling families that their loved ones didn’t make it through. After promising them they would. After exiting the double doors, it was as if Andy was a celebrity. Everyone wanted to know what happened, his thoughts and when can they see her.

Her parents stood up, waiting for hope.

“As you know the accident was really bad, worse than anyone would’ve expected once Madison was pulled out of the car.”
Her father interrupted. “But she spoke, she recognized me as her father. You said she would be okay…right?”
“When operating on Madison, there was a lot of blood loss, we used up almost the entire hospital supply of the type.” He paused, waiting for it to sink in. “I’m sorry.”
The both looked up, not sure as to what he was apologizing for. “What do you mean, you’re sorry?”
“The injuries were more severe then we first thought. Madison didn’t pull through.”
And that piece of news was like throwing bricks at Madison’s mother. She was falling down, Mr. Kellner struggling to keep her standing. Andy tried to offer a helping hand. “Get away from us. First you promise Colin Hart he would live a full life, then you failed. And now our dear Madison. Who’s next Dr. Brown…?”
“I am very sorry, we did everything we could.”
Mrs. Kellner stood up. “No you didn’t, Dr. Brown. You didn’t save my little girl.”

Nina came up to Andy.

“You know everything they’re feeling is coming out in their words right.”
“Yeah, I know.”
“You can’t take it personally, Andy.”
“They’re right. I couldn’t save one couple’s son or that couple’s daughter. Who can I save?”

Nina followed Andy to the hallway.

“Andy, you can’t save every person that comes to your operating room. You said it yourself, her injuries were too severe.”
“Nina, I was the doctor in New York who had more lives saved then anyone in the entire state. I could fix anything. In Everwood, I can’t fix anything.”
“You took Bright’s appendix out in your office. You have given a lot of people in this town hope that there is a cure for their weird diseases that Harold said there was no cure for. You can’t live your live reminding yourself of your failures when you have too many successes.”
“I didn’t just not save someone’s daughter.” Andy watched Ephram from the corner of his eye. “I didn’t save somebody’s mother.”
“Wait, Madison?”
“It’s a long story. I have a lot of paperwork to do, I’ll see you at home.”
“Before daylight.”
“I can’t make promises.”
“Okay.” She kissed his forehead. “I love you, remember that. And I’ll see you at home.”

Amy kicked the bottom of the bed, waking Ephram up.

“Sleeping.”
“Ephram, you haven’t gotten out of bed in two days. You haven’t eaten. I might as well build a cave for you.”
“I’m tired.”
“Of course you are, all you do is sleep. It’s time to see there is a world out there.”
He sat up, blinking his eyes to wake up. “How would you feel if I said I was really sad over Madison, like more than anyone thought I would be.”
“I’d feel sad for you. Do you think it’s wrong to be ad over Madison? It’s not. You two had a relationship together, you were…together, together. It’s an emotional toll.”
“Yeah I guess. I just wanted all the past exes to be out of our lives and here we are.”
“But that doesn’t mean it makes us any less stronger. I’m still here Ephram. I always will be.”
“I appreciate that. Has my dad called?”
“Nope. I talked to Nina and he’s pretty much taken a vow of silence on the topic of anything medicine related.”
“So he’s not talking at all.”
“Pretty much.”
“I guess everyone in town is waiting to throw tomatoes.”
“Yeah, I’d say it’s a good idea for your dad to stay at home. But we can go visit him.”
“That would be good.”
“Get dressed and we’ll go over there. Nina is making BLT’s.”
“You planned this.”
“Yeah, I did.”

Delia opened up the door.

“Hey Amy, did you bring said brother?”
Amy stepped aside. “See, in human form.”
“Now we can finally have a real family dinner. It’s been eating in the living room theme all week. Last night I was almost allowed to eat in my room.”
“That is pretty weird. Where is your dad?”
“Trying to act normal and cutting vegetables.”
Ephram laughed. “He never did that before all this happened.”

Andy looked up while throwing the diced tomatoes in the bowl.

“My son and favorite daughter-in-law have come to visit.”
Amy hugged him. “Hi Doctor Brown. I see you’re cooking, so that’s good.”
“Yeah, to some?” He glared at Nina.
“I said he’d have to help or I wouldn’t go grocery shopping. So he’s participating.”
“Good plan. So, just BLTs?”
Nina laughed. “It was simple enough to get you over here. I wanted a nice family dinner, complete with everything. So we have bacon, which is being cooked with the ham. The lettuce is going to be in the salad as well as the tomatoes. So yes, it is BLTs with a lot of extra sides.”
Andy wiped up his area of the counter. “I’m done.”
“Dad, can I talk to you about something.” Ephram gave Andy a look. “In another room.”
“Of course. We’ll be right back.”
“Great it gives us women something to talk about.” Nina chopped off the head of lettuce in half.

Andy shut the door, sat down at his desk. “What’s up?”
“I know it’s probably the worst time to bring this up, but I got a phone message regarding the baby.”
“Oh, but why?”
“Madison had an open adoption and now with her gone, they want to know if I want to keep the adoption open.”
“Well, do you?”
“Amy doesn’t know.”
“Oh.” Andy sighed. “Why haven’t you told her yet.”
“Well maybe the same reason you didn’t tell me that I had fathered a child. To protect her.”
“Do you want to tell her.”
“I’ve always wanted to tell her, I just never wanted to complicate things. And with Madison taking care of the open adoption stuff, I figured I wouldn’t have to.”
“So you chickened out.”
“Like Big Bird.”
“Okay, well, what do you want to do?”
“What I want to know is what happens with the open adoption? Because at the time of the contract, I didn’t know the baby existed.”
“It depends on how the adoption papers were drawn up. I can call the hospital at where Madison delivered and find out who adopted her.”
“But isn’t that like closed off, even to doctors.”
“Not if I’m her primary physician for the pregnancy.”
Ephram sat down in the chair. “You know the first thought I had in my head when I got that phone call?”
Andy shrugged. “Tell me.”
“Oh crap, I messed up and Amy’s gonna hate me. I thought about me. I never had any consideration how the baby…our baby would feel. Having to know that she would never know her real mother because some lunatic ran some damn stop sign.”
“It’s not uncommon for you to think about yourself, your life will be affected too.”
“But it seems like it shouldn’t be, you know. Amy and I, we’re married now. I have a wife, and probably a baby with Amy soon. Not too soon. But the last thing I should be thinking about is me.”
“Don’t do anything hasty yet. Tomorrow morning, first thing, I’m going to call the hospital and get some information. From now until then, just relax and enjoy dinner.”
“And about this dinner, I have a feeling it’s a motive.”
“I think Nina just wanted the family over, ease stress of what’s happened?”
“Do you really blame yourself? I mean I remember how you were after Colin’s surgery.”
“In New York, I was the surgeon who could do no wrong. I was at the top of my class all four years in school. I aced every test. Every surgery was a success. And I come to Everwood and two people with so much life ahead of them die in my care. It’s just something I never prepared myself for.”
“Don’t blame yourself for other people’s mistakes.”
“Yeah, try telling that to the people who have tomatoes and are ready to ship me back to New York.”

Amy was standing out in the yard, watching the snow starting to fall..

“Ephram, first snowfall of the season, nice isn’t it?”
“The first of many to close schools and ice over roads.”
“Yeah but it’s just so pretty, I don’t think about any of that.”
“Kind of hard not to.”
She saw Ephram’s expression. “What’s wrong, did something happen when you talked to your dad?”
“It’s about Madison and when her and I dated.”
“Okay, that was like a million years ago, well maybe only six years, but it was a long time ago.”
They both sat on the outside porch, but then Ephram decided to stand. “Remember I told you Madison and I had sex, she was my first.”
“Yeah, and I told you who my first was, what does this have to do with anything?”
“There was one time that we didn’t have protection. And then we broke up.”
“Yeah, and…”
“I fathered Madison’s child. I didn’t know about it until after the adoption was done and the child had a new family.”
“And why after we’ve been married, discussing our own family that I’m now hearing about this.”
“I thought that with the baby being with a new family, there was no need to worry about getting anyone else involved. But I got a phone call about open adoption and what to do now that Madison is gone.”
“So when I told you, crying…really crying that all I wanted to give you was a baby, you couldn’t find it in your vocabulary to tell me you already had a baby.”
“I was sixteen, what was I supposed to do.”
“But you knew before I did, that’s he point. When did you find out?”
“It doesn’t matter, look…”
Amy stood up, looking down at Ephram. “I took a vow to love, honor and trust my life with you. It breaks my heart that you couldn’t do the same.”
“Amy….”
“Don’t bother, I’m going to my grandmothers.”
“Amy!” Ephram called out, she turned around. He walked over to her. “We promised we’d never do this, never go to sleep without each other or go to bed angry.”
“Well you’re full of broken promises…why don’t you allow me just one, or two. Either way, I can’t keep up with you.”

Nina put the ham on the table.

“Dinner’s ready..”
“I’m not hungry.” Ephram slammed the door and went to his room.
“I’ll make you a plate.”
“Don’t bother!” He called out before slamming the door to his bedroom.

Edna came downstairs to the persistent knocking. She breathed a sigh of relief when it was Amy.

“Don’t you know not to enter the barracks until the roosters starts?”
“I had a fight with Ephram, and I need a place to stay.”
“Sure, come on in. There’s some leftover lasagna if you’re hungry.”
“Thanks.” She looked around. “Everything’s so different without Irv.”
“Something I have to remember everyday. I miss that man more than I thought I could miss anyone.”
“Even grandpa?”
“When I lost Hal, Sr., I somehow knew it would be okay. I was a lot younger and picked Irv up pretty quickly after that.”
“What if grandpa…or Irv lied to you about something big.”
“What kind of big.”
“Like life changing big, enough to reexamine why you’re together.”
Edna was shocked at the question. “I’ve known Ephram Brown a long time and I doubt he could hold anything back from you that would cause this much damage. Do you want to talk about it?”
“Yeah, but can I get some food first. I kind of left without dinner.”
“Sure. I’ll put my pajamas on and we’ll talk.”

It was in the wee hours of the morning. They were up talking about everything from babies to the last time Edna saw Irv.

“I know I probably should forgive him, but I don’t know if I can. He lied for so long grandma. How can I forgive that?”
“The one thing that I always remembered whenever Hal Sr. and I argued was to think who I would forgive or be mad at? Could I be mad at my husband, sure, it’s natural.. But can I forgive the father of my children?”
“We don’t have kids grandma?”
“Yet. But think about it this way. You’ve loved this boy since the first day his family moved here. You were all about the little lost boy from New York trying to find his way.”
“But…”
Edna interrupted. “Why are you mad at Ephram, I don’t even know what you’re arguing about?”
Amy repositioned herself on the couch. “Do you remember Madison…the Browns’ baby sitter?”
“Yeah, cute girl.”
“Well Ephram dated her. And she got pregnant.”
“Uh huh.”
Amy sat there, looking at Edna’s expression. “You know, don’t you?” She saw Edna struggling to find the right words. “Am I the only one in this family who doesn’t know about Madison’s baby?”
“Doctor Brown examined her. I was held by the medical board not to say anything. Besides, I thought Ephram would have told you by now.”
“Well he didn’t. Why didn’t he? Does he think I can’t handle it. I can’t handle a third party child?”
“You bound to know that to Ehpram, you are a treasure. You are the one thing that he searched for his entire life and already had. He is so afraid that he will trip and you won’t be there to catch him. He might be old enough to father a child, but in some areas he’s still a little boy. And you are still a little girl.”
“But, we’re…”
“I know how old you are. But the thoughts you have. You’re already married, you think young when you experience something for the first time. I can’t tell you what to do, but I am going to make you go back to Ephram. He’s your husband, you need to talk to him.”
“I ran away from home, didn’t I?”
“Yep Red Riding Hood, and now it’s time to go back.”
“But it’s cold.”
“And it’ll be colder tomorrow morning. Remember, I’m up at six am, sharp. Either now or when the roosters starts crackling his morning tunes.”
“Alright. I’ll get dressed.”
“That’s a good wife.”
“Thanks grandma. I feel better.”
“I’m glad I can help.”

Amy walked into their bedroom, she smiled when Ephram looked up from his book.

“I’m sorry.”
She nodded. “Me too. I’m sorry I left.”
“I’m sorry I gave you a reason.”
“”We need to talk about this and me running away isn’t going to help anything.”
“You’re talking to me, that’s more than I expected.”
“My grandma helped me out a little bit. Strange how I’m like the only person in this family who didn’t know about Madison.”
“Best kept secret and probably the only one in Everwood history.”
“I think it’s fair to ask if there was a day you wanted to tell me and you didn’t, I want to know why?”
“November, the first fall after we got married.”
“What happened that day?”
“You were so happy about how everything fit with the furniture and how it fit. I know it’s a lame excuse, but you were so happy. And you’re so beautiful when you’re happy, I couldn’t take that away from you.”
“Were there more times that I was blissfully happy and you kept it a secret?”
“After that I decided that nothing was more important than seeing you happy. With the baby, I don’t even know the name…they have a new life. It seemed like the right thing to do.”
“Do you know if the baby is a boy or a girl?”
“A boy. I don’t know the name. I had this big fight with my dad about it that I didn’t even want to know the name. I don’t think I wanted any connection with the him.”
“You said it’s an open adoption right? Does the family know about you?”
“The father called me. He was sending their condolences, and asked if I wanted to continue the open adoption. I found out that Madison put me on the birth certificate and told the family I wasn’t ready to be a father. But I still had rights to the child.”
“Very noble of her.”
“She became a better person than I thought she would be about it. I found out in the fight with my dad that Madison wanted to tell me. At least for me to know. But I was only seventeen, he wanted to protect me. He took care of Madison. Paid all the expenses, it was like I didn’t have to do anything.”
“Except carry around the burden of your child living with another family.”
“After a while I was glad he got a chance at a good life. Rather than have two kids as parents who have no idea what they’re doing.”
“Ephram, most adults don’t know what they’re doing..”
“Look how long it took my dad to learn how to raise me.”
“After you crushed him into the ground with every opportunity when he tried.”
“We have come a long way.”
Amy took Ephram’s hand into hers. “Is there a part of you that wants to meet this baby?”
“I’ve always wondered if the kid looks like me or has Madison’s eyes…my brown hair.”
“There’s only one way to find out.”
He focused on her eyes. “You mean go find them and say ‘hey I’m your real dad’.”
“Not like that. But since it’s an open adoption, why not ask? I mean they thought enough to call you and ask about the open adoption.”
“What about you, I mean…”
“Ephram Brown, I love every part of you. Even your stubborn ways of winning arguments. I’d love to meet a baby you were apart of bringing into this world. It doesn’t matter the circumstances. That baby is still a part of you. I think we owe it to ourselves to see what this kid is all about.”
He pulled her into a kiss. “I love you Amy Brown.”
“I love you too, Ephram Brown
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 07-31-2010, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolfi Cole (View Post)
Im from Norway, Jak che mash? I love Poland
Wow, your Polish is quite good

Quote:
Heh, on the last thread I said my niece was named, Anna, too, and it's due to our European ancestry... that would be Poland and Slovakia.
What part of Poland are you from?
My father's side is from around Warsaw.
Michelle (beautiful name, btw), you have Polish roots Awesome! I live in southern Poland, near to the Czech Republic border.

Quote:
I guess Anna is going to have to answer all of our questions when she wakes up. I think were trying to hold onto her as long as we could and she was probably screaming inside, "Please.....stop talking to me. I'll be back tomorrow....it's 1:00AM!! Let me sleep!!"
No, Betty. I'm happy you wanna talk with me

Gonna watch 2nd episode now, hope it's good!
Old 07-31-2010, 05:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame.of.love (View Post)
Michelle (beautiful name, btw), you have Polish roots Awesome! I live in southern Poland, near to the Czech Republic border.
Awesome!

Thanks about my name and yes, the minute I heard your name I thought of my niece and then thought if you were from Europe you very well could be from around the area both sides of my family are originally from. My moms side is from Slovakia although we have some family in the Czech Republic and my dads side is from Warsaw mostly but there's a few who live in other areas of Poland. I have always wanted to go to Poland to follow up on my roots and visit some of my extended family. My paternal Grandparents were 100% fluent in Polish, my dad is also 100% fluent and I'm about 5% fluent although I understood what Rolfi said to you so maybe that's a start.

BTW, your English is FANTASTIC. If you would have stated you were American or British that would have made sense because you are 100% bilingual.

I would love to talk to you sometime about Polish culture and foods, especially, because lets face it.... Polish food is simply THE BEST.

I can't wait to talk to you further and I hope you keep enjoying Ephram/Amy and Everwood!

Welcome, again!
Old 07-31-2010, 05:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Awesome!
I would love to talk to you sometime about Polish culture and foods, especially, because lets face it.... Polish food is simply THE BEST.

!
Coincidentally, there is a mention today of Kielbasa in the food thread.

Anna, I'm glad to hear that you like talking to us!

Patricia
, you have outdone yourself with this fan fiction. Wow!!
Old 07-31-2010, 06:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Michelle, I hope you will come to Poland someday, I'm sure you're gonna love it! And yes, our food is very tasty.

Quote:
BTW, your English is FANTASTIC. If you would have stated you were American or British that would have made sense because you are 100% bilingual.
Nah, I make a lot of grammar mistakes, but I'm glad you, guys, understand me

Quote:
I can't wait to talk to you further and I hope you keep enjoying Ephram/Amy and Everwood!
Watching 1x02 now I love their scene on top of the Ferris wheel when Amy told him about her nickname. I can see Ephram is so into her. And she likes him too

Oh and I adore Delia, she's such a sweet kid!
Old 07-31-2010, 09:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Wow, your Polish is quite good
Dziekuje. I have many polish friends. And when I was in Warzawa I needed to learn some polish to communicate with the beautiful girls there, not everybody speaks english in Poland

Patricia: Wooooooow, that was just amazing, I mean you should really write a book or something, since you havent seen season 3 and 4 this is very impressive you do have a good fantasy. I just cant wait to see your thoughts after watching season 3 and 4 =) And You are officially going to be the narrator of the everwood role play!
You can't take the sky from me
Old 07-31-2010, 10:04 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Watching 1x02 now I love their scene on top of the Ferris wheel when Amy told him about her nickname. I can see Ephram is so into her. And she likes him too

Oh and I adore Delia, she's such a sweet kid!
The Ferris wheel scene is really very cute. And very important, too.

Oh, you're so lucky to see it all for the first time!

And all in all now? How did you like the episode?

I'm European, too, by the way. Thought I'd mention it because you were so excited not to be the only one here yesterday. You're not at all. I'm from Germany.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna
She really does! He's so different and sweet. She just can't admit it to him, or maybe even herself fully, yet. But it'll come.

Delia is a sweetie! Lots of cuteness from her for the rest of the season that I'm sure you'll love. Don't you just adore the hats?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 07-31-2010, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna, from Poland!
Michelle, I hope you will come to Poland someday, I'm sure you're gonna love it! And yes, our food is very tasty.
Thanks! Yes, our homemade Polish recipes are out of this world but I can only imagine how amazing the food is directly in Polska, heh. YUM.

I eat pierogies all the time. If not homemade there's a Polish Catholic church in downtown Minneapolis we go to on Friday's and the nun's at the church make and sell pierogies at a price you feel like paying double for because it's so reasonable and the food is so good!

Gołąbki, kiełbasa, kluski, and the list goes on.

Quote:
Nah, I make a lot of grammar mistakes, but I'm glad you, guys, understand me
Crystal clear!

Quote:
The chemistry is phenomenal, eh? Yes, that is one of my many favorite Ephram/Amy scenes. The acting Greg/Emily display is top notch. I think that was one of the first scenes where you realize Ephram/Amy are in it for the long haul. You might not feel like they end up happily ever at this point but you certainly understand their story is only beginning.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolfi Cole (View Post)
And You are officially going to be the narrator of the everwood role play!
have I been automatically chosen?

and yeah, the book thing is a definite consideration. I just finally formed an idea that might work
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 08-03-2010, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo
Oh, you're so lucky to see it all for the first time!
And all in all now? How did you like the episode?
I'm European, too, by the way. Thought I'd mention it because you were so excited not to be the only one here yesterday. You're not at all. I'm from Germany.
So you're my western neighbour

Well, I liked the episode in general. Ephram is my favourite character so far
About E/A: like I said yesterday the scene in the on the Ferris Wheel was amazing.

To tell you the truth I was surprised when Ephram lied to her about Colin
It's kinda funny because you, guys, already know what will happen next and I wonder if Amy's gonna be mad when she finds out Ephram didn't talk to his father about Colin. And my instincts say she will be mad

Oh and I almost forgot about their nicknames. Grover and Hal(let). Sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant
Delia is a sweetie! Lots of cuteness from her for the rest of the season that I'm sure you'll love. Don't you just adore the hats?
You know, the kids at Delia's age can be really irritating but I find her adorable. I already love her, and her hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
I eat pierogies all the time.
Same here!
It's my favourite dish. I could eat them every day. Gołąbki are also delicious. I see you really are interested in our culture and it's admirable b/c I don't see that very often. You should come here with your family someday, you'll be more than welcome

The chemistry between Ephram and Amy is undeniable, indeed. I don't know why but they remind me of Ryan and Marissa from The O.C. Maybe it's because of the ferris wheel scene
Old 08-03-2010, 05:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativechick (View Post)
have I been automatically chosen?

and yeah, the book thing is a definite consideration. I just finally formed an idea that might work
Yes you have!

And the book thing is something you shouldnt consideration you should go for it, you got talent. What we learn in life is that we dont have all that much of time, so we gotta take every opportunity we got, and you got a talent so you should definitively chase that. Good luck with your idea, I got a feeling its a good one
Old 08-03-2010, 07:09 AM
Loyal Fan

YouTube - Right here waiting for you - Amy & Ephram
one of my many favourite ephram and amy fan videos.
Just look at Amy at 00:58, how cute wasnt she when she was a kid??
Old 08-03-2010, 01:23 PM
New Fan

It's a bit depressing watching some of the awesome earlier episodes in season 3 when you know what's coming up at the end of the season. I wish they'd hurry up and release the 4th season cause it's the only one I haven't seen yet. Guessing that it'll be next June as that's when the 2 and 3 have been released in 09 and this year. I'm also wondering if they'd have to change more music since most of the DVDs released from that time have all their original music. Although that might be because most are still on the air now.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi everjon. I havent seen you here before so welcome. As to when the 4th season is going to be released, I also think it will be in june next year =) I dont think they will have the original music in it because they didnt in Season 2 and 3. Because of the bad sale of the season 1 they couldnt afford having the original music on the other seasons, at least thats what I have heard. I envy you for not having seen season 4 yet, its a really great season and I promise you that you will enjoy it. I wish I had the chance to see that season one more time without knowing whats going to happen
Closed Thread   Post New Thread