Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Michelle and Betty, you already already answered all the big ones.
There are a couple more that I hated that I will add if no one else does.

Quote:
I'm wondering if we can think of a way where he doesn't come off so cold, even though he's thinking about so many other things? Just take away his laugh/smile? Would that be enough?
That laugh when he mocked Amy's comment about forever....and he said, "You mean like Married?" Somehow....he has to change that statement. But then, what would be the basis for their breakup? What reason would they have? Ephram has to say why he doesn't think they're meant to be without mocking the "Forever" comment.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
There are a couple more that I hated that I will add if no one else does.

That laugh when he mocked Amy's comment about forever....and he said, "You mean like Married?" Somehow....he has to change that statement. But then, what would be the basis for their breakup? What reason would they have? Ephram has to say why he doesn't think they're meant to be without mocking the "Forever" comment.
It's hard to come up with a way to have the break up work without him doing what he did. Because it needed to last, and if Ephram was...Ephram, it wouldn't have. He wasn't himself. There's no way our usual, sweet Ephram would say the things or act the way he did during that scene.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 03-14-2010, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Great question, Michelle!!

1.I agree about the Madison band lie drama...I hated that Amy ignored Ephram and he had to grovel to get any attention.
I hated when Ephram went to dinner at the Abbotts and Amy (still angry) mocked the fact that Epham brought Potato salad...because that only went with sandwiches.
Absolutely.

This storyline was from hell the entire way through. I hated how Ephram was curious about Madison in the first place and lied to Amy. But I despise how Amy treated him after that. Constant passive aggressive punishment. He deserved some of that but not ALL and not for that long. It was horrible. This was one moment in the series where Rina just went for cheap drama for what reason again? I'm not sure, since we were soon to be nailed with Madisongate and their break up. Wasn't that bad enough for her?

Quote:
3. I hated when Amy and Ephram went out "as friends" and Amy asked if they could live together in NY and Ephram coldly said, "You can't plan you life around me, anymore" and Amy said, "I understand". The look on her face when Ephram went to get coffee was so heartbreaking.
Yes.

I think Amy was massively cold to Ephram in season 1, even parts of season 2, but man he sure did balance it out in season 3, didn't he? Well, Amy was not great during the Madison band lie but the necklace she gave back in their break up scene as he laughed seconds before that, and this instance where he is so cold and she thought they were reuniting was very heartbreaking.

They both did their share of hurting each other throughout their relationship before they got the happy ending but then again, what relationship doesn't go through hurt and pain? I guess it just makes them all the more real if you think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wala
Awww yeah I'm thrilled and all they ended up together of course just wish they had more time together rather than apart in S4. I miss them too
I completely agree. I wish Reid or Stephanie were not brought into the mix even if, thank God, neither pairing turned into something serious. I don't love how Stephanie, even if non-threatening, was still in the mix so late in season 4. I love season 4 as a whole (especially the Andy/Ephram scenes) but this is one part I didn't like too much. I rather have had Ephram/Amy doing random things together as friends even if they wanted to delay the reunion over Ephram still loosely with Stephanie. I do think given the fact that Dawn did the unthinkable, not taking our show, it might have thrown off some of the Ephram/Amy story a bit as a result. Of course, I think Berlanti coming in to write a few episodes during the late part of season 4 (like the flashback scenes of Ephram/Amy) were outstanding though. Brought you back to a season 1 feel, it was tremendous.

Quote:
Ephram has to say why he doesn't think they're meant to be without mocking the "Forever" comment.
Yes, Ephram was so out of character in those scenes. It was very hard on the eyes and ears hearing him talk and act like that. I think the point was to show how confused and unsure he was about everything in his life, even his relationship with Amy. He felt cornered and had to retreat. He had to get his head on straight again which is why he went to Europe in the first place. Nevertheless, it was so difficult witnessing some of his behavior even if most of it was understandable.

I almost wish they would have done a few flashback scenes with Ephram in Europe. That would have been kind of cool to see how his mind was on Amy. Yes, we found that out immediately upon his return, though.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
I almost wish they would have done a few flashback scenes with Ephram in Europe. That would have been kind of cool to see how his mind was on Amy. Yes, we found that out immediately upon his return, though.
Oh, yes, it would have been so great to see him! He grew up so much from his experience in Europe, and we saw the aftermath, but we didn't really get to see it happen. We know that he did grow up, but not exactly how. But we do definitely know why: Amy. It's just so amazing to think that here's Ephram out in the world, seeing so many things, and all he wants in what's in Everwood. It's very sweet really. No matter how far you go, no matter what you see, you always want home, and you always want your love.

I think Ephram was so lonely that even though he was seeing so much, he wasn't really seeing it. He was thinking of the mistakes Andy made, he made, and he was thinking about how much he messed up with Amy and how he would be able to forgive himself for it. And once he did, he came home. That's kind of my "how", but that's just my speculation. Maybe he was really seeing the sights and keeping busy, who knows. I wish we did.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 03-14-2010, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Quote:
Oh, yes, it would have been so great to see him! He grew up so much from his experience in Europe, and we saw the aftermath, but we didn't really get to see it happen.

Yes, when Ephram came back...there should have been flashbacks of him in Europe writing postcards to Amy. We could have heard the things that he wrote in a couple of them. We never got to find out what was in those postcards!! All we know is that they put a huge "Awe" expression and smile on Amy's face as she read them.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lookie what I found
Old 03-14-2010, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That photo is precious. Amy always looks beautiful. I love the way that Ephram looks here.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 03-14-2010 at 08:52 PM
Old 03-14-2010, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

Gorgeous picture, Wala. Emily looks so short there, hee, but I think it's just the way she's angled, right? Because she is tall! Heh.

Quote:
Yes, when Ephram came back...there should have been flashbacks of him in Europe writing postcards to Amy. We could have heard the things that he wrote in a couple of them. We never got to find out what was in those postcards!! All we know is that they put a huge "Awe" expression and smile on Amy's face as she read them
Aw, yeah, why couldn't we have had one of those classic voice overs hearing what Ephram said? Missed opportunity.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Love the picture!

Quote:
It's just so amazing to think that here's Ephram out in the world, seeing so many things, and all he wants in what's in Everwood. It's very sweet really. No matter how far you go, no matter what you see, you always want home, and you always want your love.
Totally and if you think about season 1, all he was determined to do initially was get back to NYC and to see how that all changed was pretty remarkable. It was a constant theme throughout the series that Ephram stayed in Everwood for Amy, because of Amy. That was his ultimate reason as far back as season 1, and at the beginning of season 4, it was his reason for coming home.

I adored the talk between Andy/Ephram whenever Ephram told Andy plain as day he came home for Amy, he was still in love with her. I loved how definite they made this because given what we endured during the break up and how confused and off Ephram was, it was so nice that he came back the complete opposite way as he left. He was mature, sure of himself, knew what he wanted, he was loyal, dedicated, he had a plan, forgiveness in excess, it was all good.

Quote:
I think Ephram was so lonely that even though he was seeing so much, he wasn't really seeing it. He was thinking of the mistakes Andy made, he made, and he was thinking about how much he messed up with Amy and how he would be able to forgive himself for it. And once he did, he came home. That's kind of my "how", but that's just my speculation. Maybe he was really seeing the sights and keeping busy, who knows. I wish we did.
That would have been fantastic to see.

I think we do know he was busy writing postcards, though. <3 Postcards he never sent but eventually they got to the right person, didn't they?

Yes, Betty, you're so right about never knowing what was in the postcards! I guess we can wager a guess based on Amy's expression at the end of the episode while she was reading them, they were filled with some pretty good words.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
I adored the talk between Andy/Ephram whenever Ephram told Andy plain as day he came home for Amy, he was still in love with her. I loved how definite they made this because given what we endured during the break up and how confused and off Ephram was, it was so nice that he came back the complete opposite way as he left. He was mature, sure of himself, knew what he wanted, he was loyal, dedicated, he had a plan, forgiveness in excess, it was all good.
Hee, I think I'm the only one that has trouble with that scene. I love it, and I love what Ephram says and how Andy takes it in, but being so much about Andy and Ephram, it always bothered me that Ephram didn't really give a notice to coming back for his father and that relationship. It's my own obsessed thing. But I agree with everything you said, completely. I just wish he said he came back "for Amy and you".

As far as the postcards, for a piano dork, Ephram was always a good writer at expressing his true feelings, wasn't he? Natural talent. Piano, writing, funny. No wonder Amy liked him so much! Hee.

Last edited by 'Tos; 03-15-2010 at 09:39 PM
Old 03-16-2010, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hee, I think I'm the only one that has trouble with that scene. I love it, and I love what Ephram says and how Andy takes it in, but being so much about Andy and Ephram, it always bothered me that Ephram didn't really give a notice to coming back for his father and that relationship. It's my own obsessed thing. But I agree with everything you said, completely. I just wish he said he came back "for Amy and you".
Yeah, poor Andy. He didn't get to experience Ephram's love, respect, and appreciation until the season progressed a little more.
It is human nature (for most young people) to put more value and want to spend more time with friends...rather than parents. It's not always great for the parent...but it a natural progression and something that is kind of psychologially healthy for the kid. A nice balance is good...but friends usually win out.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I always felt it made sense that it was only about Amy because there was nothing for Ephram/Amy to "get through" specifically outside of Ephram being an ass before he left for Europe. But they didn't have anything wrong to fix if that makes sense. They break up, Ephram bolted, but it was due to the baby and not about their foundation or something specifically wrong with them that caused the break up. Ephram/Amy were fine before Madisongate exploded. They got through the band lie, they were cool and we saw throughout the entire season their romantic relationship worked perfectly. Zero problems. So they were not damaged as a whole and there was nothing to fix past Amy trusting Ephram again whenever he came back wanting to claim their relationship, a relationship that worked just fine in the past, again.

Then to go with Ephram/Andy... I mean, where do you start? They had so many things to talk about. Yes, Ephram forgave Andy while in Europe but they still had so much to say even without saying it if that makes sense. Think about all their special moments throughout season 4 and there were a ton. I almost feel like those wouldn't have happened with such a powerful, emotional energy had we felt they were perfectly fixed at the start of season 4. I kind of like how there seemed to be unfinished business between them because we saw a gradual rebuilding of their relationship and I really liked seeing it.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Master Fan

Good points, you two, on why Ephram mentioned Amy over Andy. As a big Andy/Ephram guy, though, I do think Ephram comes back for Andy just as much as Amy. Bbecause Ephram, after the initial tension that Michelle talked about, is so ready and willing to connect with Andy in a whole new way.

Hey, did Ephram and Bright keep in contact while Ephram was in Europe? I completely forget right now, hee. I believe that Ephram was writing to Delia, but if he was writing to Bright, I wonder if Bright would be telling him about Amy and how she was and making sure that Ephram didn't just have to imagine what was going on with her. I would like to think that, even though it's more romantic that Ephram was so lonely and being reminded about Amy all by himself.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Man, I'm not sure if he was writing to Bright or not. Hmm.

I know I found Delia/Ephram so cute whenever he returned.

I remember there was big talk on FB spoilers that Ephram forgave Andy too quickly when he returned from Europe but then again, those people were harsh, heh. But does anyone think that was the case? People were very upset over on FB spoilers. They thought Andy got off way too easily. I totally remember that and I never agreed so I didn't comment as a result, heh.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ephram may have forgiven Andy while in Europe...but he didn't show it immediately upon his return. He continued to give Andy a hard time...making demands...threatening to move out....told Andy that he "owed" him. It didn't come out until much later that Ephram forgave Andy a long time ago.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread