Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2010, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Did the writers ever talk about those storylines and how they didn't necessarily work as they imagined?

Laura|
Old 01-17-2010, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I feel like the pregnancy storyline was the first moment that Berlanti decided to go the cheap, soap opera type of drama that was so unrecognizable give the flavor and foundation that Everwood was all about. That is the main reason why I loathed it so much putting aside the fact that I could not tolerate Ephram/Madison for even a second... I just felt like the deviation was frustrating and foreign.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
I feel like the pregnancy storyline was the first moment that Berlanti decided to go the cheap, soap opera type of drama that was so unrecognizable give the flavor and foundation that Everwood was all about. That is the main reason why I loathed it so much putting aside the fact that I could not tolerate Ephram/Madison for even a second... I just felt like the deviation was frustrating and foreign.
Agreed 100%. It was just so unlike the show. I think that how the story ended up being very good with Andy and Ephram developing so much because of the situation was very Everwood and proved that this show is unlike any other, but the fact that the writers even went there shocked me, and not in a good way.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 01-18-2010, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
what you thought of Madison in general and how you felt about Madison and Ephram being together.
Well, I have been watching other shows right now (because I EASILY get worn out on a show after watching so many episodes in order) But Ill get back to season 3/4 soon. So I havent watched past 301 yet.

As far as Madison goes, she wasnt my favorite character. I didnt HATE her, but she just annoyed me A LOT. I did like Ephram/Madison together though. I mean I didnt love them and obviously I wanted Ephram/Amy together, but I thought the E/M storyline was at least entertaining and they had their cute moments. I am not fond that he slept with her though. I wanted his first time to be with Amy. Sigh. But whatever. I guess it was realistic that he could have slept with someone else. But then they seemed to close up that storyline rather nicely, IMO and I didnt think we'd be seeing her again and then POOF, shes back AND pregnant? IDK. It just really bugged me. And it reminds me of the whole Ben pregnancy storyline for season 4 of Felicity. And agggh. I dunno, its just a bad way to to give more drama to a couple, I feel like.

I dont remember what happens, does Madison end up giving up the child for adoption? Either way, I dont like that Ephram just has a kid out there, and when the show ended, there wasnt really any resolution to that. IDK, maybe i'm just picky. LOL.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
As far as Madison goes, she wasnt my favorite character. I didnt HATE her, but she just annoyed me A LOT. I did like Ephram/Madison together though. I mean I didnt love them and obviously I wanted Ephram/Amy together, but I thought the E/M storyline was at least entertaining and they had their cute moments

These are my thoughts exactly about Madison.
Quote:
I am not fond that he slept with her though. I wanted his first time to be with Amy. Sigh.
The only good thing about Ephram sleeping with Madison first is that it helped to make him more experienced, confident, and perfect when he was with Amy.

Quote:
I dont remember what happens, does Madison end up giving up the child for adoption? Either way, I dont like that Ephram just has a kid out there, and when the show ended, there wasnt really any resolution to that. IDK, maybe i'm just picky. LOL

Maybe someone else will tell you....but I don't want to! You need to watch season 3 to find out. It will be well worth it.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

While I think that Everwood handled the pregnancy storyline better than most shows, I still think it wasn't necessary and the show would have been better without it.

The thing that I disliked about EM was how Ephram acted during their relationship. But he was more confident with Amy after that experience.

Laura|
Old 01-18-2010, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

It did effect AE though alot in S3 it even cost them to break up .
Old 01-20-2010, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Those were not happy times

Laura|
Old 01-23-2010, 12:09 AM
Master Fan

No, they sure weren't happy times, Laura. That period where Amy and Ephram break up is some of the hardest stuff to watch. Greg acts his butt off, but Ephram comes across so cold and distant and it makes me want to rip my hair out every time I see him during this period!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 01-23-2010, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know Both Emily and Greg were great but it was difficult to watch.

Laura|
Old 01-23-2010, 01:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy (View Post)
I know Both Emily and Greg were great but it was difficult to watch.
Hee, exactly. Yes, Emily was so great here too! I bet it was really hard for them to do, because they both seemed to enjoy the relationship and were friends too. I bet they hugged after some of their really cold scenes.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Hee, exactly. Yes, Emily was so great here too! I bet it was really hard for them to do, because they both seemed to enjoy the relationship and were friends too. I bet they hugged after some of their really cold scenes.

Awe...too bad we couldn't see those hugs on the air.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Awe...too bad we couldn't see those hugs on the air.
True. I know you don't watch The Office, but I was listening to the commentaries there and the actress who plays Pam said that after a scene with a lot of tension, she needed a hug from the guy who plays Jim. I just think Greg and Emily would do that too because they seemed to get along so well. Except I think Greg would be going for the hug rather than Emily coming to him if he's anything like me.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Awe.....I'll come to you, 'Tos. (and Greg).
Old 01-24-2010, 06:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Awe.....I'll come to you, 'Tos. (and Greg).
More likely Greg. But thanks.

I wonder to what extent Greg and Emily keep in touch these days. *rubs chin*
Closed Thread   Post New Thread