Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2009, 02:31 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
It is a good title! I don't remember who came up with it.
I don't remember this at all, either!

is it just me or is Fan Forum slow today?
Old 03-17-2009, 11:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
*clearing throat. blowing on my knuckles. smiling broadly.*

Hi, Wes & Fred fan!
Hee! Nice!

Quote:
is it just me or is Fan Forum slow today?
I'm quite ready to go all Sarah Drew on Castle crazy on FF's server! Well, not quite, hee. Still, it royally sucks because I believe it's caused quite a slow down at our little board. I've wanted to post seven or eight more times than I've been able to, and that's just today!

Like getting back to your choices of scenes that should have added some more passion! Which, it's too late to get to now (of course, the server works right when I have to go to bed), but very nice stuff, you two!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 03-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Elite Fan

Please add me to the list. I love them so much. In my top 5 favorite couples for sure. I can't wait for the S2 DVDs to come out, I want to rewatch so badly.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorful_dust (View Post)
Please add me to the list. I love them so much. In my top 5 favorite couples for sure. I can't wait for the S2 DVDs to come out, I want to rewatch so badly.
You are officially added, Colorful_dust!

By the way....I love Friday Night Lights!
Old 03-18-2009, 08:15 PM
Master Fan

Welcome to the thread, colorful_dust!! I'm Rachel

How is everyone??
Brody♥Bilson
Old 03-18-2009, 10:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
You are officially added, Colorful_dust!

By the way....I love Friday Night Lights!
Awesome! Both shows have that small town vibe going on. And thanks for the add!

Hi, thanks for the welcome Rachel.

You guys can call me Natasha.

This is like my favorite ad ever. Aww, the way she's looking at him.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:52 AM
Master Fan

Another welcome, Natasha!

Aw, what a great ad! Look at Emily. So gorgeous, and her look, that says it all.

What do you like about Ephram/Amy, Natasha? Just a little question we like throwing to any new Greenie fans!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 03-19-2009, 08:27 AM
Master Fan

Natasha I'm so glad its one of your favorite shows 'cause its one of mine!!

Hey 'Tos how are you?
Brody♥Bilson
Old 03-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks 'Tos.

Quote:
and her look, that says it all.
It does.

Quote:
What do you like about Ephram/Amy, Natasha? Just a little question we like throwing to any new Greenie fans!
Well, I'm a sucker when it comes to the whole guy being totally head over heels for the girl who doesn't reciprocate the same feelings right away. That probably sounds a little crazy, I've just noticed that it's a trend with my favorite ships. So Ephram had me from the start with his love for Amy. I loved watching her fall for him because he was so different from anyone else she knew. They understood each other so well without really having to try. They had these meaningful conversations while knowing how to have fun and make the other laugh. One of my favorite scenes is when they're talking about soulmates and whether or not they believe in them, and then the scene after he walks her home, his line 'because he gets to be with you'

Yay Rachel! The show was incredible, I miss it so much.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorful_dust (View Post)
Thanks 'Tos.

It does.

Well, I'm a sucker when it comes to the whole guy being totally head over heels for the girl who doesn't reciprocate the same feelings right away. That probably sounds a little crazy, I've just noticed that it's a trend with my favorite ships. So Ephram had me from the start with his love for Amy. I loved watching her fall for him because he was so different from anyone else she knew. T
That's not crazy at all. I like that about Amy and Ephram as well. You knew that there was something there....that Amy really had feelings.....but was really holding back and afraid to give into those feelings. I also like when there is an initial sparring between a guy and a girl....you know that that the conflict is really sexual tension...

Natasha, is that why you are a shipper of Tyra and Landry....because they are so incredibly different and although Landry is head over heals for Tyra...she doesn't reciprocate in the same way? Do you feel that their relationship is on a par with Ephram and Amy?
Old 03-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Master Fan

Natasha- You watch FNL? I'm a very much Tyra/Tim fan buuuut thats just me lol I stick with my ships for life. haha

Anyway,
Quote:
Well, I'm a sucker when it comes to the whole guy being totally head over heels for the girl who doesn't reciprocate the same feelings right away
Me too!

Amy & Ephram is like that and so is Seth & Summer from the OC.
Brody♥Bilson
Old 03-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Rachel, Natasha is the Moderator of the FNL board.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Hey 'Tos how are you?
Hey! I'm not too bad. Busy this week, but looking for some semi-relaxation next week! Hopefully. How about you? We missed you for a few weeks, so I assume you got super busy again at school too, eh?

Quote:
Well, I'm a sucker when it comes to the whole guy being totally head over heels for the girl who doesn't reciprocate the same feelings right away. That probably sounds a little crazy, I've just noticed that it's a trend with my favorite ships.
Hee, not crazy at all! It's a good story! As long as the girl finally does reciprocate, or else it would just be depressing! I really liked how they went back to Ephram having feelings and Amy not wanting to get back with Ephram in season four. It was a nice parallel to their season one relationship. And absolutely, I really enjoy how they can just talk and be themselves with each other, either funny or serious. I think Ephram is really his best with Amy. I mean, in season four he was great with Andy, but there were still some things that he could only say to Amy. And the same with Amy being herself with Ephram, flaws and all. They need each other. They really are soulmates.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That's not crazy at all. I like that about Amy and Ephram as well. You knew that there was something there....that Amy really had feelings.....but was really holding back and afraid to give into those feelings. I also like when there is an initial sparring between a guy and a girl....you know that that the conflict is really sexual tension...

Natasha, is that why you are a shipper of Tyra and Landry....because they are so incredibly different and although Landry is head over heals for Tyra...she doesn't reciprocate in the same way? Do you feel that their relationship is on a par with Ephram and Amy?
I'm glad you know what I mean. So much is built up when that happens, a lot of tension, I find it wonderful to watch. That's what happened in S1 with them, Amy was distracted a lot of the time with Colin and so focused on him getting better and getting her old life back, during that whole time Ephram is falling for her and you see her starting too as well. She developed feelings for him, they connected. She got lost for a while, understandably so with Colin's death, but she figured out where her heart was. I think their story is quite beautiful.

And yes, that is how I started out shipping them, because there Landry was so completely into her and they developed this solid friendship, which I thought was amazing. And then Tyra was confused about her feelings for him, because she had fallen for him in a way she never had before. He made her feel more than she was used to feeling. Plus opposites attract, I love that too. To answer your second question, I do in a way, yes. I think there are some similarities between them. Besides what I already mentioned, both guys are so loyal to the girls and would do anything for them and had been there for them during painful times in their lives. Both couples are best friends, I don't think there's any denying that. Of course there are differences, I mean Amy and Tyra are very different in a lot of ways. We got a lot more from E/A since they were the main couple on the show, so more things were explored with them as a couple. But I think both girls found and shared a connection with a guy who interested them in an unexplainable way. What do you think? I know I kind of rambled on, it's what happens when I talk about couples I love, and here I'm talking about two couples I have crazy love for, anyway hope that made some sense.

Rachel - Yeah, I mod its board. Always cool to see fans of the show. And each to their own. I didn't ever watch the OC but I can think of some other couples like that too. It's an interesting dynamic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Hee, not crazy at all! It's a good story! As long as the girl finally does reciprocate, or else it would just be depressing! I really liked how they went back to Ephram having feelings and Amy not wanting to get back with Ephram in season four. It was a nice parallel to their season one relationship. And absolutely, I really enjoy how they can just talk and be themselves with each other, either funny or serious. I think Ephram is really his best with Amy. I mean, in season four he was great with Andy, but there were still some things that he could only say to Amy. And the same with Amy being herself with Ephram, flaws and all. They need each other. They really are soulmates.
Aw yes, the girl must do that or else it would be much too sad. Season four was a real interesting time for them, I thought they got some incredible stuff that season. I think it provided for a lot of individual growth for both characters. I definitely agree that they need each other, there's just something between them that allows them to relax, they can be at ease with each other.

Last edited by colorful_dust; 03-20-2009 at 01:51 AM
Old 03-20-2009, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
But I think both girls found and shared a connection with a guy who interested them in an unexplainable way. What do you think?
What do I think? At first I felt the way you do....here's this guy...a sweet guy...a smart guy...a sensitive guy....not very attractive and not sophisticated in a social sense. Here's this girl...sexy and attractive....has been around the block. Who would think that She would finally accept that she had feelings for this guy? I loved it!
Lately, however, I'm not so sure. I really don't like the way Tyra is treating Landry. I don't like the way he acts like a puppy dog around her...pining for her. Landry is too smart a guy to lower himself like this. I loved the idea of his new band member...but..uh oh! That's not going to work!
I kind of really think that Landry should move onto to a girl that more his type...sweet, smart, moral! He can be Tyra's friend (if that's possible) and help her get on track with her studies and get into college!

While comparing E/A to T/L...there are similarities...devoted, sensitive guy in love with a girl who is not as interested at first.
The difference (the way I see it) is that Amy really seemed to like Ephram from the beginning...they had more in common (intelligence, politics, values). I saw Tyra and Landry as more of a stretch...I was hopeful that they would have a beautiful relationship....but I don't see that happening at the moment. Who knows? Perhaps Tyra will come to her senses and realize what she had in Landry and that she's not going to find someone like him out there.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 03-20-2009 at 08:25 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread