Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2008, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)
I didn't mind them... I rather liked Amanda.... but I tend to like everybody anyway.

[:

I'm curious, Leo, just for the sake of discussion......what was it about Amanda that you liked?
I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:28 AM
Master Fan

I agree, Leo. I want to know what you liked about Amanda. I didn't love her but I didn't dislike her either...
Brody♥Bilson
Old 09-29-2008, 10:20 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I feel the same way. I fell for Ephram and Amy from the beginning. From the first moment that Epham gave his clever, "I don't speak dumbass" line and Amy looked admiringly at him. and followed him down the hall....I was hooked. I started rooting for them as a couple at that very moment. I desperately wanted Ephram to be happy in this new town that his dad dragged him to. He needed to find happiness. He deserved it.Amy obviously made him happy. I knew that even though she had a secret motive for befriending Ephram......she would eventually appreciate him and fall for him.
As you both stated......their chemistry was undeniable. They didn't have to say a word and you knew what they were feeling. Ephram always showed so much passion for Amy in just how he looked at her. His love for her was written all over his face.
Amy was always giving Ephram admiring glances, even when they weren't dating. He would walk away and her eyes would follow him. After they finally got together, (when they were not in one of their major crisis) they were so comfortable with each other. Their personalities were different but they complemented each other.
Amy and Ephram's passion and love are beautifully illustrated in two dances that they had with each other: Reverend Keyes wedding in Blind Faith and the dance at Delia's Bat Mitvah. Yes, they had heat that would not die.
You said that perfectly.

Quote:
I'm curious, Leo, just for the sake of discussion......what was it about Amanda that you liked?
I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Umm... I don't know, I thought she was funny, she amused me with the things she said. This is the only pro, but seeing as I have no contras, I rather liker her. She did nothing wrong in my opinion, nothing wrong enough to dislike her. She was married and had an affair, but under circumstances that I can understand well, she didn't believe her husband was ever coming back and she had been lonely for what, six years? There was no end in sight for, she was going to take care of a piece of wood for the rest of her life, I think believing that your future is going to look that way is bad enough, I think it's too much to ask to have no love life for the rest of her life, too. I mean, she's a human being, she was convinced of that her husband wasn't coming back and she should stay abstinent and lonely for the rest of her life for him? He wasn't really there, he wasn't dead but he could have been just as well, the only difference was that his body was sitting in her living-room, it was worse than his death for her and she wasn't supposed to move on. I do understand her and I do think that as a human being with the feelings of a human being she did nothing wrong, she's not an angel... she was okay, an ordinary, healthily selfish person and I have no reason to dislike her for that.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
You said that perfectly.

Umm... I don't know, I thought she was funny, she amused me with the things she said. This is the only pro, but seeing as I have no contras, I rather liker her. She did nothing wrong in my opinion, nothing wrong enough to dislike her. She was married and had an affair, but under circumstances that I can understand well, she didn't believe her husband was ever coming back and she had been lonely for what, six years? There was no end in sight for, she was going to take care of a piece of wood for the rest of her life, I think believing that your future is going to look that way is bad enough, I think it's too much to ask to have no love life for the rest of her life, too. I mean, she's a human being, she was convinced of that her husband wasn't coming back and she should stay abstinent and lonely for the rest of her life for him? He wasn't really there, he wasn't dead but he could have been just as well, the only difference was that his body was sitting in her living-room, it was worse than his death for her and she wasn't supposed to move on. I do understand her and I do think that as a human being with the feelings of a human being she did nothing wrong, she's not an angel... she was okay, an ordinary, healthily selfish person and I have no reason to dislike her for that.
God, Leo, you are truly wise beyond your years. You make some wonderful points.
You're right. Amanda really didn't have a true marriage anymore. It is understandable that she would be very lonely having her husband in that state. One could argue that she really wasn't cheating.
Perhaps we were all angry at Andy and that's why we took it out on Amanda.
Let's face it......most of us wanted Andy to end up with Nina. We felt that Amanda was an obstacle toward that goal. So, we developed a slight hatred of Amanda and attached some unflattering characteristics to her.
Then, every time we thought that Andy was going to break the relationship off, and we'd all breathe a sigh of relief, somehow Amanda would lure him back. This made us resent her more.

You, Leo, looked beyond all of this and saw a person.....a lonely, desperate person. This puts Amanda in a brand new light.

I'm not saying that I would have wanted Andy to end up with Amanda....but I'm definitely a little more sympathetic toward her.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:05 AM
Ali
Master Fan

Please add me to the shipper list! I love EA.
Dawson's Creek board!
Old 09-30-2008, 05:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Done!
Old 09-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

I love these two! Can't get on a farris wheel without thinking of them. Lol!
Old 09-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah whenever I see a ferris wheel I think of Everwood and OC.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
God, Leo, you are truly wise beyond your years. You make some wonderful points.
You're right. Amanda really didn't have a true marriage anymore. It is understandable that she would be very lonely having her husband in that state. One could argue that she really wasn't cheating.
Perhaps we were all angry at Andy and that's why we took it out on Amanda.
Let's face it......most of us wanted Andy to end up with Nina. We felt that Amanda was an obstacle toward that goal. So, we developed a slight hatred of Amanda and attached some unflattering characteristics to her.
Then, every time we thought that Andy was going to break the relationship off, and we'd all breathe a sigh of relief, somehow Amanda would lure him back. This made us resent her more.

You, Leo, looked beyond all of this and saw a person.....a lonely, desperate person. This puts Amanda in a brand new light.

I'm not saying that I would have wanted Andy to end up with Amanda....but I'm definitely a little more sympathetic toward her.
Thank you, umm... I'm glad I could, I don't know, polish the image you had of Amanda a little.
I understand the feelings you had about her and you explained well how they came. Maybe, if it happened to all of you that way, it could be that I've never been an Andy/Nina shipper, I'm not saying that I'm against them, I'm just... neutral.
But then again, I don't hate, or dislike much, I spare myself negative feelings most of the time. It's a waste of time and energy. No, I don't think I could ever have disliked Amanda.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I've never been an Andy/Nina shipper, I'm not saying that I'm against them, I'm just... neutral.
That's interesting. I wonder who else was not an Andy/Nina shipper, and I wonder why?

Quote:
But then again, I don't hate, or dislike much, I spare myself negative feelings most of the time. It's a waste of time and energy. No, I don't think I could ever have disliked Amanda.
That's a wonderful attitude.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Master Fan

a Ferris wheel has so much meaning
Brody♥Bilson
Old 10-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Master Fan

Just wanted to say I'm loving the discussion going on in here about what made Amy/Ephram special and about Amanda. I'm a bit sick to get into longer posts ATM, so I'll try to get to them soon.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 10-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Master Fan

i could make art for the OP if you give me pics.

You make me Feel like I'm living a Teenage Dream,
Let's runaway And don't ever look back
Old 10-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

aww feel better 'Tos
Brody♥Bilson
Old 10-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizzie_fan (View Post)
i could make art for the OP if you give me pics.
Thanks for the offer. I'll definitely be posting pics soon, so absolutely, we'd love any art. I think right now, we'd like pics/art of the favourite moments, so I'll give you a PM once I finally get pics of those that going.

Quote:
aww feel better 'Tos
Thanks!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Closed Thread   Post New Thread