Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Master Fan

The only type of POV that bothers me are LP'ers (One Tree Hill) & EB'ers (Twilight series)...they seem to be so closed minded!!
Brody♥Bilson
Old 09-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Master Fan

I think the only relationship I am truly, completely close-minded to on this show is Amanda/Andy. I even thought Topher/Hannah was pretty adorable for a horrible match up.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 09-25-2008, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow.

Well I am an LPer and I don't think thats very fair to generalize. Because I don't feel like I am close minded at all.

I am actually pretty open to a lot of couples/pairs. Of course I have my favorites. But we all do.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:18 AM
Master Fan

I know we've asked something like this before, but I think it probably relates to the couples discussion going on now, so:

Where does Amy/Ephram as a couple rank for you in your favourite couples on television?

I've got Amy/Ephram, Desmond/Libby (Lost), Ross/Rachel (Friends), Luke/Lorelai (Gilmore Girls), Rory/Dean (Gilmore Girls), Buffy/Angel (Buffy), Ned/Chuck (Pushing Daisies).

That's more than I thought I really liked, and I'm probably missing a few too. Huh.

I think this has to do a lot with Everwood being my favourite show, but I think I would probably consider Amy/Ephram to be my favourite. Smartly written, well-acted, good ending story for them, lots of nice moments (and a lot of bad, as we've been mentioning here). For me, they're just on a higher pedestal.

I was going to rank the others too, but now I don't know if I can do that. Um, I think Luke/Lorelai and Buffy/Angel would be just under that, that's as far as I can figure out. Heh.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 09-26-2008, 12:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorkodancer147 (View Post)
Wow.

Well I am an LPer and I don't think thats very fair to generalize. Because I don't feel like I am close minded at all.

I am actually pretty open to a lot of couples/pairs. Of course I have my favorites. But we all do.
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to generalize. I have just found a lot of LP'ers are close minded. I didn't meant to point fingers etc. whatever whatever I'm sorry
Brody♥Bilson
Old 09-26-2008, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by How Cute Is She (View Post)
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to generalize. I have just found a lot of LP'ers are close minded. I didn't meant to point fingers etc. whatever whatever I'm sorry
Well, Rachel and Dorkodancer, if you want to meet a real dummy.....meet me! I don't even know what an LP er is!! I'm assuming that it's a couple on OTH?

You know, there are closed minded people and open minded people who follow all couples. It's hard to know which is which. I used to think that all people were closed minded about Ephram and Madison. Then, after giving my opinion about the couple and hearing others' responses, I realized that many people shared my opinion and were open-minded! You just can't tell.....so I guess it's not a good idea to generalize.
I do agree with Tos, however, EVERYONE is closed minded about Andy and Amanda!!!!!!!!!!!! I would really like to hear from someone who liked that pairing!

I think that Tos's discussion question is great and would love to hear some of your responses.
Which couple (from any show) is your top couple? How does Ephram and Amy rank? Are they #1 for you or do you have a couple that is more of a favorite?
Old 09-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

Which couple (from any show) is your top couple? How does Ephram and Amy rank? Are they #1 for you or do you have a couple that is more of a favorite?

in order....

Amy/Ephram
Seth/Summer (The OC)
Nate/Blair (Gossip Girl)
Brody♥Bilson
Old 09-26-2008, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

LP refers to Lucas and Peyton. A couple from One Tree Hill. LPers and BLers are like the two main ships.

But yeah, I just dont think its very fair to generalize. A lot of LPers have similar tastes and standards, but I dont feel like all of them are close minded. Ive met quite a few LP fans that I just couldn't stand. LOL. Everyone likes different couples.

Its really hard for me to rank my favorite couples. Lucas/Peyton is my all time favorite ship. Ephram/Amy definately fall into the top 10 as well as Ethan/Annie, Chuck/Blair, Dan/Serena, Jim/Pam, Jack/Kate, Ross/Rachel, Tim/Lyla and Landry/Tyra.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:24 PM
Master Fan

There's definitely close-minded people on all fanbases. I've even met Everwood fans, Amy/Ephram fans that are close minded. Luckily, none here, but it happens.

I think this ties in to the ranking:

Why is Amy/Ephram so well-liked? Why do they rank so highly?

I'll post my thoughts later, because I definitely have some.

Last edited by 'Tos; 09-26-2008 at 08:30 PM
Old 09-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

Oh eff, add Brooke and Lucas from One Tree Hill to my list?
ugh I hate editing
Brody♥Bilson
Old 09-27-2008, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Where does Amy/Ephram as a couple rank for you in your favourite couples on television?

I'm not a really big television watcher.......but when I decided to watch Everwood on ABC Family (because many of my friends had always mentioned what a wonderful show it was) I immediately fell in love with it. I have never felt this way about a show before and I really don't think that I will feel this way again. (I hope that I do!)

So, because of the way I feel about Everwood....my favorite couples have to come from this show!

#1 Amy/Ephram

#2 Nina/Andy

I'm not sure why I rank them so highly. It's just an overwhelming feeling that I have about them. I'm going to think about if some more.

I would like to hear what all of you Amy/Ephram fans have to say about why you like their relationship so much.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ephram and Amy were just written so well right from the beginning. It was pretty clear that they were this couple that you were supposed to root for. Plus, they were ordinary people with ordinary problems and they were easy to relate to and very realistic. Not to mention they casted the characters VERY well. I think the chemistry between Gregory and Emily was superb and they were both amazing actors. The show had so much heart and the two really hit close to me. Not to mention, their relationship was very unexpected and it just kind of hit me like a ton of bricks. So much angst and passion between the two. You could hear it in their voices and see it in their eyes how badly they wanted to be together and how much they meant to one another.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:28 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
I do agree with Tos, however, EVERYONE is closed minded about Andy and Amanda!!!!!!!!!!!! I would really like to hear from someone who liked that pairing!
I didn't mind them... I rather liked Amanda.... but I tend to like everybody anyway.

I'm sure I've said this 279 times, but I'll repeat myself. ^^ Since Ephram and Amy are my only favorite couple on television, they are my one. I like to focus on one thing at a time, one couple at a time and I haven't seen another romance on TV that touched me so deeply, nothing came even close to them. I'm not usually watching the kind of shows that would make you fall in love with a couple, even though they do have couples, but my favorite genres don't focus on romance that much. I'm not really romantic either, so one couple is definitely enough for me.

I think they've been written in a way that you just have to like them. I mean, Ephram was pretty adorable as a very much in love teenager and with his mom having just died and his father moving him to the middle of nowhere, he was pretty much the epitome of a victim, you kind of just had to feel sorry for him and wish him that little bit of luck of getting Amy and that's how you start shipping a couple, right? In wishing for them to get together and all the chemistry and suspense between them, the desire and awwww everything about them, the way they obviously wanted each other, one denying the feelings, the other one screaming it from the rooftops... I don't know, that gave me the rest. I loved them right away.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorkodancer147 (View Post)
Ephram and Amy were just written so well right from the beginning. It was pretty clear that they were this couple that you were supposed to root for. Plus, they were ordinary people with ordinary problems and they were easy to relate to and very realistic. Not to mention they casted the characters VERY well. I think the chemistry between Gregory and Emily was superb and they were both amazing actors. The show had so much heart and the two really hit close to me. Not to mention, their relationship was very unexpected and it just kind of hit me like a ton of bricks. So much angst and passion between the two. You could hear it in their voices and see it in their eyes how badly they wanted to be together and how much they meant to one another.
agreed 1110000%
Brody♥Bilson
Old 09-28-2008, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dorkodancer and Leo, , you both put into words what I couldn't.

I feel the same way. I fell for Ephram and Amy from the beginning. From the first moment that Epham gave his clever, "I don't speak dumbass" line and Amy looked admiringly at him. and followed him down the hall....I was hooked. I started rooting for them as a couple at that very moment. I desperately wanted Ephram to be happy in this new town that his dad dragged him to. He needed to find happiness. He deserved it.Amy obviously made him happy. I knew that even though she had a secret motive for befriending Ephram......she would eventually appreciate him and fall for him.
As you both stated......their chemistry was undeniable. They didn't have to say a word and you knew what they were feeling. Ephram always showed so much passion for Amy in just how he looked at her. His love for her was written all over his face.
Amy was always giving Ephram admiring glances, even when they weren't dating. He would walk away and her eyes would follow him. After they finally got together, (when they were not in one of their major crisis) they were so comfortable with each other. Their personalities were different but they complemented each other.
Amy and Ephram's passion and love are beautifully illustrated in two dances that they had with each other: Reverend Keyes wedding in Blind Faith and the dance at Delia's Bat Mitvah. Yes, they had heat that would not die.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread