Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2008, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Tos you ARE very Chandler-like for sure.

And yesssssssss I love the Raymond comparison! I agree!

Also with all of these relationships what I find adorable is the GIRL is the one who runs the relationship with the guys loving the girls so much, they just kind of sit back and let it happen.

Think of:
Rachel with Ross
Summer with Seth
Debra with Raymond
Allie with Noah
and of course Amy with Ephram!

The girls ruled the show which rocked. While the guys were adorably awesome who actually loved this fact.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The girls ruled the show which rocked. While the guys were adorably awesome who actually loved this fact.
There is one other thing I'd like to add to this discussion and wonder if any of you agree.
I have a friend who is an aspiring actress and lives in LA.
She is attractive, funny, but is not your typical "glamorous" actress. She gets a lot of "Character" parts.
She feels that there is a double standard when it comes to attractive men and attractive women in show business and plainer actresses don't get as many good parts as plainer men!
Examples: Raymond and Debra
King of Queens

She feels even the non-attractive males on shows get a very attractive female for a spouse- leaving no parts available for the unattractive female!! She really resents that!

(I hope that you all understood what I was trying to say.)

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 04-18-2008 at 09:32 PM
Old 04-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is SO FUNNY you brought up this topic because I swear to God I've discussed this with two people in the last month.

I absolutely get what you mean and I was complaining BIG TIME about this, too.

Your friend is so right on, this is so true with Raymond and King of Queens being perfect examples! I have absolutely no idea why this is, either.

The female on TV has to be totally beautiful and the guy can be average, even below average, and it's constantly passed as almost "normal" that an average to below average guy in looks can easily get a beautiful, hot girl which is very annoying to me, I'm sorry. I know it happens but I would not go so far as to say it's totally realistic either.

I think overall women are "more beautiful" then men and as a result women are judged far more critically as it's almost a necessity for a woman to be beautiful whereas for a guy it's ok that he's average in looks, that's just as good as saying he's right there with the gorgeous woman he's with.

I don't understand why. It TOTALLY annoys me.

Notice on King of Queens... do you think for one second that show would work in reverse where the woman's average to below average in looks and overweight while the guy is handsome with the nice body? Nooooooooo way. Never happen since it's absolutely a necessity for the female to always sport the perfect features while the guy gets to slide big time.

Frustrating.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:44 PM
buffyannAlex

I don't mind average guys having beautiful woman. But I do mind that women seems to be forced to make more efforts to be pretty. WTF !!! it annoys me beyond words that woman should be those pretty dolls nice to look at, and that their natural self is not enough. Newsflash men ! no one's perfect.

At least, Amy and Ephram were both very pretty and Ephram never asked Amy to not be herself.

Old 04-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffyannAlex (View Post)
Newsflash men ! no one's perfect.
Especially men.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
do you think for one second that show would work in reverse where the woman's average to below average in looks and overweight while the guy is handsome with the nice body? Nooooooooo way.

Another example- Tony Soprano. He's got a very attractive wife. Tony's got a belly that reaches Manhattan! :Yet he's considered by some to be sexy.
That would never work if he were a woman!
Old 04-20-2008, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

OMG that's so right on. LOL. You bet it would never work if he were a woman.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Administrator

*Runs and hides*

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 04-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Did you guys miss me
Old 04-23-2008, 03:03 AM
buffyannAlex

We always miss the greenies fans

The reason I've been away a bit the last few days is because I've been working on the Ephramy Soundtrack and collecting songs
I have been doing my own EA marathon rewatching every episodes remembering the songs. so first, I can't believe how much I missed the show. I go through periods of time where i don't watch it and then, I come back to it and I'm like "wow, this show is incredible". I was on AIM with Michelle as I watched who provided the support I needed while I watched the whole madisongate thing again (and by support, I mean she laughed and teased me non stop) because it was like reliving the whole thing again. And even though I know EA end up together and are okay, it's still SO painful to see those characters go through this, and break down. This is so real. It's like remembering something that happened to you in the past. you know you're over it, but it still hurts to think about it.
It's a beautiful thing.

Anyway, about the soundtrack, I'm not entirely done but I realised that they weren't so many Ephramy songs so I don't think we really need to vote for the best songs, I can probably fit them all on a CD. So if you're okay with, I'm gonna go ahead with it and make it. So it'll be kind of a surprise ?

And finally, this whole watching made me wanna do another music video (I haven't vidded everwood for almost 2 years ) but I don't have a song that seem to inspire me right now. so if you have any suggestions, I'll take them

Old 04-23-2008, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Alex, I hope you're going to include I Know You By Heart by Eva Cassidy. Ever since I heard that song on your video- I associated it with Amy and Ephram!
Old 04-23-2008, 04:58 AM
buffyannAlex

Actually, for now, this is about the songs we heard on the show. But if you want another soundtrack about "songs that remind us of Ephramy", you can list them we'll add them to the first post and we can make a soundtrack of them then after ?!

Old 04-23-2008, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffyannAlex (View Post)
Actually, for now, this is about the songs we heard on the show. But if you want another soundtrack about "songs that remind us of Ephramy", you can list them we'll add them to the first post and we can make a soundtrack of them then after ?!
I don't want to give you more work! I just thought that you needed songs to fill the CD because there weren't enough from the show.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:41 AM
buffyannAlex

Aww, thanks But I think I have just about enough We can launch other projects though. Even if we don't do the soundtrack a "song that remind us of" in the first post could be fun

Old 04-23-2008, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Jerry, LOL!

Also, hey Tiana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggin It
We always miss the greenies fans
I have been doing my own EA marathon rewatching every episodes remembering the songs. so first, I can't believe how much I missed the show. I go through periods of time where i don't watch it and then, I come back to it and I'm like "wow, this show is incredible". I was on AIM with Michelle as I watched who provided the support I needed while I watched the whole madisongate thing again (and by support, I mean she laughed and teased me non stop) because it was like reliving the whole thing again.
Alex was very cute, all emotional and stuff while watching. This girl loves this show, I can back this statement up completely, she was so emotional and into it and of course I agreed with everything she was saying about it, especially how there is only one show that makes you feel this way, and that's Everwood. Shows like One Tree Hill and others, I mean you might like for entirely different reasons but to capture what our Everwood does within all of us? Priceless, and it's an experience that cannot be replicated, only Everwood.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread