Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2006, 09:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch This Smile
What is so different with Ephram and Amy, and what probably makes me love them even greater, is that it is not about the physical proximity. It wasn't about the kisses or the hands holding or even the sexual side. It has actually never been. It was just about the emotional closeness they had with each other. The longing glances, the yearning for each other, the silent support, the undying connection, the intertwined souls.
Totally agree
Old 07-19-2006, 09:18 AM
Passionate Fan

Personal anecdote, I don't know if you all remember my 'bestfriend' with whom I'm in love with? Anyhow, we went to the beach with another friend of mine and I was driving and dropped him off and when he got out of the car he said something like "call me tonight if you wanna do something!" so I said yes and he got out and I looked up and saw him doing me the little "call me" sign Ephram does to Amy. I just had a big greenie flash back that's all!

Icon by me
Old 07-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

That's so awesome
Old 07-19-2006, 03:03 PM
Jay
Master Fan

sucks to see this board in the past section. this show and Felicity should have never been cancelled, they had great storytelling and everything..and funny thing is both shows ended after 4 seasons.

too bad the show didn't give back greenie flashbacks during the summer of season 3...always wanted to know what they did.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
too bad the show didn't give back greenie flashbacks during the summer of season 3...always wanted to know what they did.
Yeah, I agree, Jay I would have liked to see what they did for those two weeks together in NY I imagine there was a lot of kissing, and sight seeing
Old 07-19-2006, 07:21 PM
AngelaiDanes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
The one single tear Emily produced in Surprise almost made me fall to the floor from being so stunned that she pulled something like that off in Amy's scene with Harold whenever she found out about the baby and Ephram not knowing anything about it. She devastated me with her brilliance. THAT scene alone is a perfect example of why I am such a massive fan of EVC.
I know I loved that tear. Often crying scenes are way overdone with the actor falling to the floor sobbing. But in real life its much more like how EVC portrays it with the subtle tears and sadness. Honestly Emily's crying scenes are some of my favorites because she looks so natural doing it. If she can trick her family into thinking shes sad she truly is amazing.

Quote:
EA have the entire package but it's their emotional closeness that brings them the greatness and separates them from every other TV couple... They have had that in spades from practically the first moment they looked at each other in the Pilot. I love how you said "intertwined souls." What a beautiful description, Summer.
Entirely agree. Theyre the only couple I have watched where I can truly see the emotional closeness between them without them actually saying anything. I truly feel they were soulmates from the first moment they met.

Old 07-19-2006, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela
I know I loved that tear. Often crying scenes are way overdone with the actor falling to the floor sobbing.
This is so funny and so true at the same time.

I can't stand how some, not some, most actors make the crying scenes so fake and unrealistic. It ruins what could potentially be such a powerful scene by overacting. Then again, I guess it takes talent to pull off these types of challenging scenes and as a result, a rare few like an Emily VanCamp and a Lauren Graham are only able to pull it off so beautifully.

Quote:
But in real life its much more like how EVC portrays it with the subtle tears and sadness. Honestly Emily's crying scenes are some of my favorites because she looks so natural doing it.
Me too. So real and natural. You can relate to these scenes as a result and that's why they are so compelling. I know whenever I'm watching dramatic scenes with Amy there are times when I recall how I felt the same way as she did or I reacted the same way. It's so true to life. All due to Emily's amazing talent.

Absolutely, I'm totally with you that these scenes with Emily/Amy are some of my favorites of the entire series.

Quote:
If she can trick her family into thinking shes sad she truly is amazing.
God yes. So true.

Quote:
Entirely agree. Theyre the only couple I have watched where I can truly see the emotional closeness between them without them actually saying anything. I truly feel they were soulmates from the first moment they met.
Right with you. No question.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:13 PM
AngelaiDanes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen
I can't stand how some, not some, most actors make the crying scenes so fake and unrealistic. It ruins what could potentially be such a powerful scene by overacting. Then again, I guess it takes talent to pull off these types of challenging scenes and as a result, a rare few like an Emily VanCamp and a Lauren Graham are only able to pull it off so beautifully.
It does ruin dramatic scenes. It just comes off as silly and not serious if the crying is portrayed as a big freak out. I agree about EVC and LG. The same can be said of Greg as well.

Quote:
So real and natural. You can relate to these scenes as a result and that's why they are so compelling. I know whenever I'm watching dramatic scenes with Amy there are times when I recall how I felt the same way as she did or I reacted the same way. It's so true to life. All due to Emily's amazing talent

I remember beginning of season 3 I got so engrossed and could only buy season 1 on DVD so in order to catch up I read transcripts of season 2 (thanks Gaby ) and read the emotional scene in Unspoken Truths. While the scene sounded incredible in words, later on I got season 2 finally and when I saw the scene it was 100 times better than I ever imagined it, thats how talented EVC is. I couldnt believe it. I dont think Ive ever had an emotional reaction like that for a TV show.

Old 07-20-2006, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela
]It does ruin dramatic scenes. It just comes off as silly and not serious if the crying is portrayed as a big freak out. I agree about EVC and LG. The same can be said of Greg as well.
Yeah for sure, Greg is in there too.

In the scene where Amy first finds out about the baby, before the tear, her expression/reaction was perfect. She looked shocked, stunned, then saddened, upset, followed by the tear. Emily portrayed a normal reaction. Most actors would have bothched it up by going with a forceful, plastic dramatic freak out.

Quote:
I remember beginning of season 3 I got so engrossed and could only buy season 1 on DVD so in order to catch up I read transcripts of season 2 (thanks Gaby ) and read the emotional scene in Unspoken Truths. While the scene sounded incredible in words, later on I got season 2 finally and when I saw the scene it was 100 times better than I ever imagined it, thats how talented EVC is. I couldnt believe it. I dont think Ive ever had an emotional reaction like that for a TV show.
So true. And I know if it brought out a strong emotional reaction in you it must have been amazing as well.

Yeah, it's funny because usually whenever I read sides or a transcipt of a show, the words seem more powerful on paper than watching it take place on the screen. That's how it typically goes down for me. That's my norm.

But it's entirely different with Emily Vancamp for me and that's obviously why I adore her as much as I do. The words on paper could never come close to the magic she creates on the screen while delivering those words and putting in her natural, amazing ability to incorporate the added extras that she always so brilliantly includes in there in such an effortless fashion. Her talent will always blow me away.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Can I be added to the list??
Old 07-21-2006, 03:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by _virgo_
Can I be added to the list??
Sure! Adding you now
Old 07-22-2006, 05:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleBehryGrl23
Sure! Adding you now
Thanks!!
Old 07-22-2006, 12:10 PM
Passionate Fan

PIcs of me on the OT thread!

Icon by me
Old 07-22-2006, 07:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by _virgo_
Thanks!!
No problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnie@
PIcs of me on the OT thread!
Was just over there and saw 'em! Cute cute cute! You are very beautiful as well Thanks so much for sharing!
Old 07-23-2006, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

dawnie, yes, you're very beautiful. Love the pics!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread