Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2004, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

No prob, hshapir.

Tomorrow night is Staking Claim. I know I have this episode on tape, but it's still fun to watch live. I am also so familiar with devoting my Monday nights to watching Everwood, that I don't want to mix that up even if it's during hiatus. My friends all know that they cannot drag me out on Monday nights no matter what, so I better keep to this or else once new Everwood episodes come back on, they might think I will deviate from that. LOL However, they need to still stick with the notion that there's not a chance.

I will definitely be tuning in tomorrow night.

Last edited by jediwands; 12-12-2004 at 06:06 PM
Old 12-12-2004, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Marko I coumpletely agree with what you said. I think the writer are writing things out of character for Eprum and amy. Especially for Ephrum, but with amy we always saw how she always wanted complee honesttly from the people she care about but for her to not share with ephrum what was going on with hannah was contradicting how she was in the past, same goes with ephrum.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:21 PM
New Fan

hi im a newbie here and i am a big fan of e&a. i would like to be added to list. thanks
Old 12-12-2004, 07:51 PM
New Fan

Heyyy!!! I'm a newbie as well. And I totally love E/A...i never loved a tv couple as much as them! There meant to be and everyone knows it. And I would love to be added to the shippers list!
Old 12-12-2004, 11:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Bumps In The Road

As much as I am against the prevailing TV standard which insists that a relationship between young people cannot be allowed to remain unchallenged for more than about ten consecutive minutes, I grudgingly accept the need for a few bumps in the road here and there in order to enhance the drama. What I emphatically don't admit, especially in the case of E/A, is that every bump has to be of relationship-threatening severity. Why not subject them to some other forms of adversity and make the drama in showing how they grow stronger together in dealing? An injury, a family crisis, getting lost in the woods, a lost dream, or whatever? There has been plenty of riveting E/A drama in the past which didn't involve threats to their overall relationship. It certainly seems there is a rich resource there which has recently remained relatively untapped.
To me, especially in the wake of the frustrating events of "Need To Know", the single most important element of the show as it moves forward will be the writers'/producers' choices of which new bumps in the road they put E/A up against, and how they are resolved.
A good indication of what our level of expectation in this area should be will of course lie in how the current bumps play out.
Princetongate: This one is easy. Viewed STRICTLY in terms of his relationship with Amy (not in an ethical sense) he didn't do anything so terrible in sending in that application. He didn't do it to show her up, or because he thought his judgement should outweigh hers. He did it through a genuine belief that she should have that opportunity to choose from if their relationship faltered (if it would enhance his standing with Dr. Abbott, so much the better). To me, it was a loving gesture. His mistake was in not telling her about it. The question is, why not? Right up until the minute Amy receives some sort of communication from Princeton, he could go to her, tell her what he did, and explain WHY. There is no reason why she should flip out, other than offering her usual "you should have told me immediately" rant. So, the writers have a choice; an easy bump removal, or yet another "you did this without telling me?" relationship threat.
Madisongate: Also easy, if the writers want. If the writers restore E/A to the intimate and happy status they so rudely removed last episode, the Madisongate affair can play out as much more of a challenge to the Ephram/Andy, Amy/Harold, and Amy/Edna relationships than to E/A. After her initial period of freaking out, she would realize that Ephram had done nothing wrong and demonstrate her new maturity by supporting him through this. Or they could take the more soapy choice (the "WB Option") and make it all into the cause of the destruction, for whatever amount of time, of E/A.
It's all in the choices. Hear that, Berlanti?

Last edited by MAKRO; 12-12-2004 at 11:55 PM
Old 12-13-2004, 01:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Welcome, abromokey & BrItTaNy. You're added the list.

MAKRO. Once again, excellent post. I couldn't agree more. I also cannot fathom how drama has to immediately = threat to the E/A relationship. There are other ways to incorporate drama. Look at how they displayed E/A in season 1? Sure, E/A were technically, "just friends," but everyone knows that they were never really just friendly toward each other as there was romantic feelings circling around them pretty much from the beginning.. However, throughout the entire Colin story, E/A battled through it together. Yes, there were times that they were not around each other as much, mainly whenever Amy was not willing to accept that Colin was still sick, but never once did we ever get the feeling that E/A were going to "break up" as friends. There is no reason why the writers have to deviate drastically now just because they are romantically together. I get that there needs to be bumps in the road.. But it's how they play this bumps..

Also, I think Princetongate and Madisongate is basically a battle over which route the writers are going to go.. Will they go the Everwood route where they keep E/A together, only further emphasizing the greatness/beauty that is the dynamic of E/A, or will they go the WB route and use one or both of these things to break them up? I guess only time will tell. I would hope that the WB understands that Everwood is certainly not a One Tree Hill/Dawson's Creek type of show and it should continue to be treated accordingly.

Last edited by jediwands; 12-13-2004 at 01:59 AM
Old 12-13-2004, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

welcome wilpen. I've got new funcaps

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 12-13-2004, 09:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Crow
Maybe she can bring back "Ham", Ephram's early first season nickname.
Dude that would be so incredibly awesome! I totally forgot about Ephram being the "dark prince" of everwood. Bad, bad Maria

And a big welcome to our newbies!
-maria
Old 12-13-2004, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

abromokey & BrItTaNy62 - you are added (Thanks Wilpen for editing the member list, I see I missed something )

I obviously haven't seen the new episodes, although Cindy's video had some great new Ephramy scenes I've never seen before. And the Reflex episode sure looks lovely

Wilpen & MAKRO - I have to say that I love your posts! You truly have the gift of writing and you always make interesting points. Keep up the good work

Laura|
Old 12-13-2004, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally posted by Lazy
(Thanks Wilpen for editing the member list, I see I missed something )
No problem, Lazy. I just thought because I had the capability to do so, I would go ahead and do it, and help you out, because I know that you have had computer problems, etc. Also, the board was literally sleeping last night, so to cure my boredom, I did an extra few things around here.

Quote:
I obviously haven't seen the new episodes, although Cindy's video had some great new Ephramy scenes I've never seen before. And the Reflex episode sure looks lovely
Oh man, Lazy.. The Reflex was outstanding. Perfect, from start to finish. The acting between G/E was simply amazing. They are always phenomenal together, but this episode was a solid home run and perfect example of how incredible they are on the screen together as E/A. Superb.

Quote:
Wilpen & MAKRO - I have to say that I love your posts! You truly have the gift of writing and you always make interesting points. Keep up the good work
Wow, thanks so much for the kind words, Lazy. Coming from you, that means a lot. I am just so happy that you are finally back here. I was totally wondering what was up whenever you weren't posting. So, so glad that you are back. Missed you around here, big time.

Last edited by jediwands; 12-13-2004 at 10:42 PM
Old 12-14-2004, 02:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Lazy:
Thank you very much. You won't mind if I send your note to some of my old English teachers, will you?
Old 12-14-2004, 02:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I have to admit, English was always one of my strongest subjects. English and Psychology. Science is what flies right over my head. Which is funny, because I come from a family full of scientists and physicians. Yes, I am definitely the rare one in my family/extended family.

Just finished watching Staking Claim. I swear, this episode gets better and better, the more that I see it. Fantastic episode. Jealous Amy always rocks. And the ILY's? Perfect.

Last edited by jediwands; 12-14-2004 at 02:56 AM
Old 12-14-2004, 02:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

WILPEN:
Perhaps the scene with the ILY's will show up on your so far non-existent list of Favorite Everwood Moments.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally posted by MAKRO
WILPEN:
Perhaps the scene with the ILY's will show up on your so far non-existent list of Favorite Everwood Moments.
Your wit is on tonight, MAKRO. I promise you, I will post my list of fav's by tomorrow night.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I just thought because I had the capability to do so, I would go ahead and do it, and help you out, because I know that you have had computer problems, etc. Also, the board was literally sleeping last night, so to cure my boredom, I did an extra few things around here.
Feel free to edit my posts if I miss something, I don't mind

Quote:
Oh man, Lazy.. The Reflex was outstanding. Perfect, from start to finish. The acting between G/E was simply amazing. They are always phenomenal together, but this episode was a solid home run and perfect example of how incredible they are on the screen together as E/A. Superb.
I so want to see this ep! It's sounds great I'm just a bit scared to download any episodes right now, in case those viruses attack again. At least there were some scenes in the music video. I could feel their chemistry just watching them! I didn't even need a sound!

Quote:
Wow, thanks so much for the kind words, Lazy. Coming from you, that means a lot. I am just so happy that you are finally back here. I was totally wondering what was up whenever you weren't posting. So, so glad that you are back. Missed you around here, big time.
Aww thank you I'm addicted to Internet so it was hard to be away from it

Quote:
Lazy:
Thank you very much. You won't mind if I send your note to some of my old English teachers, will you?
I won't

Laura|
Closed Thread   Post New Thread