Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2005, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

The Gossip Thread

Over on the Dawson's Creek board, way back in the day, I remember participating over on the gossip thread and having a blast while doing so. I thought we could start one over here on the Everwood board.

So spill it. Any juicy bits of gossip you hear, we now have a place to discuss and have some fun while doing so!

Last edited by jediwands; 02-07-2005 at 02:25 PM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey4pacey
Do any of y'all know who James St. James "The Real Jimmy Hollywood" is? If not, he comes on the radio station here in Vegas and gives all the gossip about what's going on in Hollywood. His show is national. Anyhow, this morning he stated that one of the actresses who plays a Housewife will appear on the cover of an upcoming issue of The Advocate. She will be coming out! He broke it down like this:

Terry is or was happily married. Don't remember exactly what he said.

Felicity is happily married.

Edie doesn't love anything more than men.

Eva is dating a guy from N'sync. (which we already know)

Marcia has never been married, but has only stated that she has a companion.

Therefore, his guess is Marcia. But he isn't positive.

James St. James "The Real Jimmy Hollywood" is usually always right from my knowledge, so I'm going to believe him on this one. Plus I found another article about this subject from http://www.defamer.com/hollywood/tv...ives-032213.php. The article states this:

"In other Desperate Housewives news, another cast member is going to come out of the closet in real life with the help of an upcoming cover of The Advocate and a string of talk show appearances. Just in time for May sweeps. Yes, I do know which cast member (it’s the talk of the set thanks to the fact said cast member wants to give The Advocate the exclusive – the editor is a close friend of the star - before announcing it to the rest of the media and so the coming out process is as complicated as the plans for a war) but I will keep mom on who exactly it is other than to say that it won’t be much of a surprise to those on DL. Oh, and the gay cast member will also announce a relationship with the lead of another TV series."

I got some info about who her gal pal is from the following site. I don't really like the language they use, but here it is. http://pagesixsixsix.blogspot.com/2...erate-dirt.html

"The general consensus and further posts from the spy lead you to believe that Marcia Cross is the one to come out as a dyke, which is not much of a shocker. However, the real speculation was as to who Cross’ gal pal is.

The ABC spy said that the carpet-munching paramour stars in a show for the WB. Talk centered around Lori Loughlin of Summerland, who was spotted not too long ago with Cross at a Lakers game, and Nina Feeney, who co-starred with Cross on Everwood.However, all fingers seem to point in the direction of Gilmore Girls star Lauren Graham. Whether this turns out to be true or not, only time will tell."

Anyhow, I GUESS WE'LL SEE!
I decided to move this very interesting bit over to the gossip thread. This should be a wonderful topic to start talking about, I think. Thanks, joey4pacey for finding this.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:42 PM
Master Fan

Well there's a typo on the part of the author of that article right there. Nina Feeney's a character. Played by Stephanie Niznik.

Gab
I made my icon.
BepperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Passionate Fan

Marcia Cross says the story is bogus. Which means it's time to stop speculating on every WB star over the age of 30 dating her. Well. Perhaps in the intimacy of your home it'll be okay.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks Gaby for pointing that out. Then again, over at The WB site, they are putting in Sarah instead of Hannah in their descriptions.

Raja.. LOL

I don't get it.. Why is there spec out there like this about MC?
Old 02-10-2005, 08:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Famous, single, and pretty. And the NY tabloid press loved to feed off this type of stuff. So they decided if there aren't any guys she is going out with they can gossip about she surely must be dating another famous famous, single and pretty girl. They did make it sound authoritative enough (with even details about a particular magazine given) that it did sound rather convincing.

Plus admittedly if you are male some of the names thrown out there are pretty easy on the mind's eye of one's imagination.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 02-10-2005, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Gotcha. I know this is a question that already has an answer (the media is all about annoying) but even if she were a lesbian, who the hell cares? Leave her alone! And if she's not, it's unreal how they would just assume she has to be, given her single status, etc, Lame.

Yeah, I get how juicy this piece would be, especially if you're a male and reading about all these beautiful and famous women..

I wonder how Stephanie feels about her name being mentioned..

Man, I'm glad I'm just an "average Joe." You couldn't pay me enough to put up with being under a microscope during my every move.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:48 AM
Passionate Fan

Lauren Graham was the most prominently mentioned. Stephanie seemed more of an add-on. But since it was rumored to be a "star" and NIna has been less prominent on the show than we expected when the show began... she might've been flattered.

Imagine it isnt so bad for really anyone on the Everwood cast except for Anne Heche. The press usually ignores everyone except for the a-listers. There could be a huge WB orgy and all the press would care about is Paris Hilton walking her dog.

Always liked Marcia. My favorite castmate on Desperate Housewives. Melrose Place was pretty big in it's time. Not sure if she ever received this type of attention. IMDB mentioned she hasnt dated since her boyfriend died a few years ago. So that probably was fodder for the rumors. Also mentioned she went back to school to get a Master's Degree after Melrose. Pretty impressive.

And of course you're right about being under the microscope. But it's probably one of those things where you'd absolutely hate it. But once you get used to all the perks (such as free concert tickets and backstage passes) you'd be loathe to go back to the way things were despite your better judgement.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja
Lauren Graham was the most prominently mentioned.
I don't watch GG so I don't know much about her. Why would she even be mentioned?

Quote:
Stephanie seemed more of an add-on. But since it was rumored to be a "star" and NIna has been less prominent on the show than we expected when the show began... she might've been flattered.
Very true. Sometimes even "bad press" can jump start a career. A mention definitely might have been flattering to her even if it was all bunk.

Quote:
Imagine it isnt so bad for really anyone on the Everwood cast except for Anne Heche.
Heh. Oh yes, Heche has certainly gotten her fair share of media attention.

Quote:
The press usually ignores everyone except for the a-listers. There could be a huge WB orgy and all the press would care about is Paris Hilton walking her dog.
This is soooo true! LOL

Quote:
Always liked Marcia. My favorite castmate on Desperate Housewives. Melrose Place was pretty big in it's time. Not sure if she ever received this type of attention. IMDB mentioned she hasnt dated since her boyfriend died a few years ago. So that probably was fodder for the rumors. Also mentioned she went back to school to get a Master's Degree after Melrose. Pretty impressive.
I have always loved Marcia since her "Kimberly" days on Melrose Place. She was outstanding. I haven't seen DH's. I really should just because I love Marcia. I wasn't aware of the death of her boyfriend years ago. Oh yes, media, take this extremely tragic event and the fact that she has been single and "snowball" it into her know being into chicks. Okay, good one. Although, like you said, that is probably just what happened, which is so unfortunate but in the eyes of the media, makes sense. And I certainly never knew about her getting a Master's Degree. That is beyond impressive. A woman with that much acting talent also snatches up a Master's Degree is simply awesome. Do you know by chance what field she got her Master's in?
Old 02-11-2005, 07:11 AM
Master Fan

Michelle, I believe you'd be interested to know that it was PSYCHOLOGY! I'll double check but I believe I read this somewhere.

Gaby
I made my icon.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard-Core GG Fan
Michelle, I believe you'd be interested to know that it was PSYCHOLOGY! I'll double check but I believe I read this somewhere.

Gaby
WOW! That would be unbelievable! Thanks Gaby.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:28 AM
Master Fan

Yep, it was Psychology. Found here: http://www.filmbug.com/db/1509-9

Quote:
Marcia Cross (born January 1, 1961 in Marlborough, Massachusetts) is an American actress. She graduated from Juilliard and earned a master's degree in psychology at Antioch University in Los Angeles.

She spent much of her early career on both daytime and nighttime soap operas, such as Edge Of Night, One Life To Live, Another World and Knots Landing. Her most famous role was that of Kimberly on Melrose Place.

After a stint on Everwood, she is now appearing on Desperate Housewives.
Gaby
I made my icon.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

YAY! Thanks so much for finding that, Gaby. Excellent. I wonder if she does anything with it? Hey, maybe Marcia and I could start our own practice.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:23 PM
Master Fan

I knew you'd be happy. (And I do mean to post this weekend on the Psych thread.) And notice she went to Juilliard, like Ephram wants to. Amazing the coincidences, how they pile up, you know.

Gaby
I made my icon.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard-Core GG Fan
I knew you'd be happy. (And I do mean to post this weekend on the Psych thread.) And notice she went to Juilliard, like Ephram wants to. Amazing the coincidences, how they pile up, you know.

Gaby
Indeed. Whenever Raja posted that she got her Master's, my immediate thought was, "I wonder if it was in some area of Psych" but never did I imagine that that would be the case. Good stuff. Take your time on the Psych thread. That thread will be really good once we have the time to dig in and do some work on it. LOL about the coincidences. They sure do pile up in a very amazing fashion. I love this thread because we can BS all we want.. Heh.
Reply   Post New Thread