Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2004, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

You're right about Linda Abbott! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Good job. Also, Delia hates her.

Yes, apparently Everwood has a community college. But I have no idea what the name is of the guy Laynie is dating. But she met him at the frat party.

Also, Laynie has really gotten into drinking and partying this season, when they actually have her on screen.

Anything else?

So how do plan to get around to E/L actually getting married? Or can't you tell me yet? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2004, 07:56 PM
Elite Fan

twinkie princess - welcome back! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] we really missed you here! besides - nice list: especially Lorelai/Christopher [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img] ... but Rory/Dean? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] ahm - anyway. great you're here again.

Liz - i have an idea how to manage that - yeah. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] -- so i guess i'll start writing and then consult you as my beta. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img], nikki

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Nikki K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 07:57 PM
Ultimate Fan

The name of Laynie's new guy is Bobby.
Old 01-05-2004, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

ah - thanks for the info! [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img]

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

twinkie princess- Welcome back!!! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2004, 04:55 PM
Elite Fan

heh - i started, so be proud of me. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] unfortunately that might turn out to be a more part fic. but plots want to be carefully developped...

Old 01-06-2004, 06:21 PM
Master Fan

I'm so proud of you. *wipes tear away*

I'm not complaining. If it's more than one part, that would be fantastic! You could turn it into a series! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

If you have anymore show questions, feel free to ask.

(Thought you might like to know that I've started on Part Five of Truths of Life, and I have another surprise project in the works. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] )

Thought we might get a little E/L discussion started. What other TV/movie couples remind you of E/L and why?

[ 01-06-2004: Message edited *Lizzie* ]
Old 01-06-2004, 07:36 PM
Passionate Fan

I just watched Everwood Confidential again this morning. Laynie was so sweet to Ephram and he is so endeering, but he really doesn't seem that interested. I think maybe that is why I never got really into the couple. But now, Laynie is so destructive and I think Ephram is a better match for Amy. Although he acts like a bubbling fool in front of her and not in front of Laynie.
"I'm just trying to be really considerate. I've never really done it before but I'm going to give it a shot. You know, I've seen it done and I've read about it so I'm going to try to be nice." ~Will, Big Brother 2
Maliejandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 07:58 PM
Master Fan

Really? I thought that Ephram was definitely interested in Laynie. When watching My Funny Valentine you can see how nervous he was when asking her out, and when he shot little smiles her way.

I don't think that Ephram/Amy are a good match at all. I'm not really crazy about Amy's character, she acts really selfish, and ... anyways they're definitely not right for each other.

I do agree that since the season premiere Laynie has definitely been on a destructive path. Skipping school, drinking whenever, and everything else she does shows that. Though I think she does that because she's also in pain because of Colin's death and she has no one. Amy's caught up in her own little world, her mother's caught up in her own grief, and her father is an alcoholic. I think this is her way of forgetting, even thoug it isn't the best way.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Maliejandra:
<STRONG>I just watched Everwood Confidential again this morning. Laynie was so sweet to Ephram and he is so endeering, but he really doesn't seem that interested. </STRONG>
i think he was impartial - when he saw Amy at school and he stopped holding hands with Laynie that was because he couldn't get himself to give up this dream he had of Amy since they first met. but when she or wasn't around or when she was with Colin, Ephram definately showed interest in Laynie. otherwise he wouldn't have tried so hard to find a good place for a second date. that this hasn't turned into more was because his father was with them at the bar. otherwise i could have seen him getting over his inhibitions more easily.

Quote:
<STRONG>But now, Laynie is so destructive and I think Ephram is a better match for Amy. </STRONG>
honestly, i don't see Ephram as a person who could be self-destructive in the long run. he had his fare share with that alcohol experience at the party in... was it 1x09? can't remember now. anyway. and why should you punish Laynie for being lost and desperate? she could need someone like Ephram to help her out and deal with the loss of her brother.

just my 2 cents. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Liz - and yeah! a surprise! i love surprises. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 01-07-2004, 01:09 PM
Master Fan

Well put Nikki! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]

How are you and that fic doing? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Oh, and that surprise will be a little while in the making. Probably will take a month or so. Hopefully you can wait that long. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Now, back to my previous question, what other couples remind you of E/L and why?
Old 01-07-2004, 04:06 PM
Elite Fan

heh, i'm patient! and you know what they're saying: good things come to those who wait. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

the fic and me are doing fine. it's coming along slowly but surely. promise. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

on other couples that remind me of E/L. that's a really tough question. somehow i think they're kind of unique [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] - you know not the usual 'Soulmates' [img]smilies/yawn.gif[/img] and not the usual Love-Hate-Relationship [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ... maybe... have you ever watched that very popular Swedish movie "Show Me Love"? Agnes/Elin? if not - you have to watch it! it's one of my favourite movies of all time! - why i thought of them: it's because they could relax around each other, didn't have to try so hard and play roles they were expected to play. they really had things to talk about - things they couldn't talk about with other people which should have been much closer to them. it's the same with E/L in my opinion. i'll try to explain it more clearly later - when i've taken a nap and don't babble, okay? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-07-2004, 04:50 PM
Master Fan

I know, it's hard to think of other couples that are similar to E/L. I mean, they are really unique, they don't really fit into any of the "typical" conventions.

Have a good nap! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2004, 05:16 PM
Elite Fan

hope i will - but before i take the blanket - one more thing i wanted to add about Amy.

it's not that i don't like her. i just can't see the appeal of Ephram/Amy because of the things we discussed so often about Smalltown Girls and Big City Guys etc. - but something else just occured to me:

i don't think Amy wants to be more than Ephram's friend. she had plenty of opportunities to make it 'more', but she didn't or made a step back when he made one forward. when Colin was still alive, it was obvious why - she loved him not Ephram. i never had the feeling that she stayed with Colin out of pity. she really cared for him and did a lot for him - so i don't think the 'selfish'-thing really applies. she is though blind to the needs of people she doesn't care about that much when she thinks some else is more important. that happened with Ephram and Colin. i think she likes Ephram as a friend but nothing more and as she loved Colin she was often blind to Ephram's needs. now one could say: but she acted jealous towards Laynie (and Madison?) - but then i say: i think she's just afraid she might lose a friend, when Ephram's more occupied with his girlfriend. and maybe she's afraid that Ephram will lose interest in her when he has a girlfriend and that they weren't friends to begin with. out of my looooong life experience i can say that this has happened before. there's that guy that is all nice and you befriend him. maybe at a certain point you think: if only you could be in love with him, because he's really sweet and it would make things a lot easier. but then you just can't, and know what you knew from the very beginning: that you only want to be friends and it's a disaster if he feels otherwise.

at least to me it seems from everything i've seen of Ephram/Amy that this is the deal with them. so i can't see that happen.

okay - off to [img]smilies/sleep.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-07-2004, 05:50 PM
Master Fan

That's a good point Nikki. Amy would never have stayed faithful to Colin all those long months when he was in a coma if she didn't love him. Same way, I think Ephram had a crush on Amy, but that was it. Towards the end of the first season, you could see that he was viewing her more as a friend than a potential girlfriend. He definitely liked Laynie, I mean, he was laughing and joking and bantering. Laynie brought out the lighter-hearted Ephram we don't see that often. So he did feel something for her.