Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Master Fan

"Foreverwood" Four Years Later

I figured we'd close off the rewatches (at least for now) for the season threads with the final episode of the series since today (well, by the time most of you will see this) is the 4 year anniversary of the final episode on June 5th, 2006.

The final commercial:

The final scene:

Since this is the four year anniversary, I thought we could talk about our initial emotional reaction to the final episode, what we thought about the episode, the final scene, how it wrapped up the series or didn't, how we feel about it 4 years later as an episode or as an ending compared to when we first saw it. Anything you have to say about the ending of the show or this episode, really. It just seems worthy to have a thread on the anniversary of the last episode and all.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

all kinda sad. i enjoyed the weekly threads

but I can just go through the backpages again and find 'em all

caps: (do i get to see this moment during the seasons?)

oh and after watching the finale episode, i might just throw a rock at the CW or something. who's with me?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Master Fan

There just hasn't been the demand to keep those going, but we're going to do a thread for each season so that we can all talk about the episodes everyone is watching in those instead of in the weekly threads. So, don't worry, you'll be able to post your thoughts about every episode you're watching or have watched or want to watch in those. And if there's more demand for the weekly/bi-weekly threads again a little later, we can always pop 'em back up easily enough.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 06-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

ah, okay. i just assumed there would be this one thread and that's it.

i agree. it's better like this
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-04-2010, 11:14 PM
Master Fan

Oh, no, I'll definitely be posting those separate season threads later this week in anticipation of the S3 DVD (so, the S3 Discussion thread is where everyone will be able to talk about the eps they're watching on the DVD, for example). I just wanted to focus on the final episode and the anniversary of the end before I start those.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

smart
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativechick (View Post)
all kinda sad. i enjoyed the weekly threads

but I can just go through the backpages again and find 'em all

caps: (do i get to see this moment during the seasons?)

oh and after watching the finale episode, i might just throw a rock at the CW or something. who's with me?
I'm with you! Rocks to be thrown at CrapWatch(that's what CW stands for,IMO) and that evil hag Dawn Ostroff! While I'm happy that Everwood ended on a positive note,there was so much more storylines left to be told in S5 and beyond.
Remember when Everwood actually was on the CW 2006-07 schedule,but they cancelled it at the last minute for another season of Seventh Hell! Grrr!

I think that Foreverwood was actually two separate episodes,but the WB decided to bundle them together on one night as a 2 hour series finale when it was known that Everwood was not returning. That unaired scene shot with Sarah Lancaster's Madison(that would have aired if there was going to be an S5)hopefully will be part of the deleted scenes on the S4 DVD.

Last edited by cfs89; 06-05-2010 at 04:11 PM
cfs89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Master Fan

I remember watching the final episode and just being crushed after it ended. I was in an absolute puddle at that point, heh. I still can't listen to the "Foreverwood" theme from Blake Neely's score without getting a pit in my stomach. It is a lot easier to watch the finale now, though. I don't think it really sunk in the very first time I watched the whole thing until that final scene and that final pan over the town. Before that, I was pretty much watching just to see what the final scene would be like, and how it would wrap up the series. So, it's definitely been one of the episodes I really had to watch again right after the original viewing to really fully appreciate.

Still not my favourite episode, but I think the character that gets the best closure is Delia. She gets her horse, she gets a talk with Andy where you get the sense that things are going to be okay with them, and she gets that final moment for Julia. Out of all the endings, I was most satisfied with Delia's. There are stories I still wanted to see with her, but..what we got was pretty perfect for her, I think. I'm just not sure anyone else got the kind of closure she did. We were given signs of hope for everyone else, but I don't know if they all got a kind of ending moment or two like I thought she did with the horse and, especially, lighting the candle for Julia.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The final scene in Foreverwood is beautiful...but I always feel sad when it ends. That episode was not enough for me...it was not satisfying.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

wasn't enough for me either. it wrapped up the characters that were meant to be, but it didn't end anything

and I don't get it. It's like they had this idea that everyone would love an eleventh year of a show rather than a fifth year of a show. [censored]
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-06-2010, 05:58 AM
Loyal Fan

Other than the fact that it was the series finale (), I really liked it for the most part. I have said it before but the second half of season four is just so well done and this is certainly no exception. My biggest complaint about the finale was Hannah's decision to attend Colorado A&M. I definitely thought that was a step back for Hannah as she didn't mature and probably a way to make Bright/Hannah fans happy.
Dolfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

I think one could argue that Hannah already had to do a significant amount of maturing as the child of a very ill father and a mother who seemed to spend more time as his caretaker than anything else, and as someone who left home to settle in an entirely new environment at the age of 16 -- and, yes, maybe the motives behind her decision to leave home were immature in some respect, but the fact remains that she made a move that neither Amy nor Bright ever did.

[/random Everwood button pushed]
Thief Of Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief Of Love (View Post)
I think one could argue that Hannah already had to do a significant amount of maturing as the child of a very ill father and a mother who seemed to spend more time as his caretaker than anything else, and as someone who left home to settle in an entirely new environment at the age of 16 -- and, yes, maybe the motives behind her decision to leave home were immature in some respect, but the fact remains that she made a move that neither Amy nor Bright ever did.

[/random Everwood button pushed]
Yeah, you are right. I shouldn't have said she didn't mature. I guess what I meant was I wish she went and did her own thing. She had been kind of playing second fiddle and by finally making peace with Bright, it would allow her to go out to Notre Dame and be herself instead of worrying about others.
Dolfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah, you are right. I shouldn't have said she didn't mature. I guess what I meant was I wish she went and did her own thing. She had been kind of playing second fiddle and by finally making peace with Bright, it would allow her to go out to Notre Dame and be herself instead of worrying about others.
That I can see, yeah. I think the decision she made was understandable from her perspective -- I always interpreted it as being not just about Bright, but about having made a home for herself in Everwood, with people she'd really come to love like family, and not wanting to have to start over one more time. But I would very much have liked to have seen her grapple with her decision in a S5, questioned whether she really made the right choice and given some thought to what she may have sacrificed.
Thief Of Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I kind of believe that the bottom line was that Hannah loved bright...and as far as she was concerned in her mind there was an end of discussion.

Rose kind of did the same thing by not going to Paris...and staying with Harold.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread