Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2012, 07:07 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
To be honest, Amy annoyed me in Season 3 and Season 4 too, just not that much.

She still had some annoying trends in turning every argument she has with Ephram around him and forcing him to apologize to her for things he's clearly not guilty. And her speech in Ghosts was selfish in a level almost like her asking him to not go to New York for the summer program. I get that she wanted to grow and she wanted to do it on her own, but in that case she shouldn't tell him to wait for her. He had waited for her 2 years, he has a right to be happy too.

And that's why I liked Bright when he tried to tell Ephram that he needs to move on and realize that there are other girls besides Amy. I'm glad that Ephram and Amy got back together, but that's because I have a soft spot for Ephram and he loved her and clearly he was the happiest with her, but my dislike for Amy was always present, just toned out a bit in Season 3 and 4. However the first two seasons were enough for me to always remember that she's not my favorite.
QFT. I've never been an Amy fan either. She was more likable in seasons 3 and 4 than seasons 1 and 2, but she did annoying things in every single season, more overall than any other character on the show. As some of us have discussed on here before, her abortion argument with Harold in season 4 was one of her worst arcs; she acted absolutely ridiculous and never apologized to him either!

And while I think Amy has a point about not rushing into a relationship with Ephram and instead trying to find herself, I agree that she shouldn't expect him to wait around for her either. I'm not recalling right now; did she actually ask him to wait? If so, that's strange. She had to make a choice and couldn't have her cake and eat it too.
HAROLD: I don't know what you mean.
LemonyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:15 AM
Master Fan

Yes, she asked him to wait by telling him you're my person. I hated that.
I know that I'm over reacting, but the truth is that if I had a friend in Ephram's position, I would advice him to move on with his life, because this girl clearly doesn't appreciate him. In fact I've advised a female friend in similar position. I have nothing against the fact that she wants to grow, but that was over the top.

And I hated her abortion argument with her father. I think that Harold is excellent father, but Amy don't appreciate that too much. In fact I liked a lot more Harold as a father than Andy, he is like favorite TV father. He might have done some mistakes, but he was a good father.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree. Amy is not my favorite character on the show. She seems likable at times though.