Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2004, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Favorite Moments of Everwood So Far...

What are some of your favorite moments from the show? Not seasons or episodes, but singular moments so far from season 1 - present. I thought this thread would be fun, especially during hiatus time..

I will have to ponder over my own question and come back later to respond!

Last edited by jediwands; 12-08-2004 at 01:13 AM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

My top 5 moments

1. The dream Ephrum had of amy when they kiss, even though it was a dream it was still a good moment

2. When colin and Ephrum started to become friends, i liked that part of the friendship till colin became somewhat of his old self again

3. when ephrum and amy danced i think was at a dance im not sure

4. When amy and ephrum slept together

5. when amy went with ephrum to new york.

Yes i know they are mostly ephramy...
Old 12-07-2004, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally posted by True Daisy lover4ever

Yes i know they are mostly ephramy...
lol True Daisy. I know I will be in the same boat as you are once I come up with my five.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

WILPEN:
Great topic!
However, a horrendous thing to ask of a long-time fan. Trying to boil the best moments from fifty-five episodes packed with great moments down to only five favorites is something I find impossible. So, I'm going to have to cheat big-time, by doing the following:
1) I'm making separate lists for E/A and non-E/A moments.
2) I'm listing my first five, plus honorable mentions in each category.
3) I'm allowing myself to consider multiple scenes of the same story line in the same episode as one.
Ephram/Amy Top 5 (in no particular order):
1) The fantasy seduction scene in the Pilot (and its aftermath when Ephram awakes). Not only does this scene solidify my opinion of EVC's precocious talent, but it confirms that Ephram is already completely besotted, and why.
2) The "grateful book" scene in "A Thanksgiving Tale", where Amy kisses Ephram without guilt for the first time. Also includes the TG dinner shopping scene just before and the "Dad, what should I do?" and "CD listening" scenes later.
3) The skating scene in "My Funny Valentine" where Jealous Amy shoots visual daggers at Ephram and Laynie skating. Also includes Amy's conversation with Laynie while they are lacing up their skates.
4) The couch scene in "Staking Claim", for obvious reasons.
5) The cabin scenes (plural) in "The Reflex". Includes the preceding drive-in and cafeteria scenes, and Amy's return home.
Ephram/Amy Honorable Mention:
a) The "Twix" scene at the hospital during Colin's first surgery. Includes the subsequent scenes in the same setting. Amy fully appreciates (finally) the type of friend Ephram is.
b) The "Promabago" scene in "Do Or Die" (and the scenes leading up to it). Seeing Amy being the one to struggle with expressing her feelings. What a switch!
c) Ephram playing Amy the song he wrote for her in "The Doctor Is In". The look on Amy's face is mesmerizing.
d) The dance room fight scene in "Friendly Fire" after Amy's "friends" dis-invite Ephram to Kayla's party. Amy somewhere near her worst.
e) The mine scene in "Til Death Do Us Part". Ephram's agony. Amy's guilty pleasure.
f) The Jealous Amy in "Staking Claim". Her classic look in the diner when Ephram figures her out. Also includes the Amy/Hannah scene where Hannah tells Amy that Ephram loves her. Just about Amy's sweetest reaction ever.
g) The "maybe you and Colin shouldn't be friends" converstion in "The Price Of Fame". Amy at her worst.
h) The scenes at the dance in "Episode 20" where Amy FINALLY supports Ephram the way she should. Includes the Amy/Colin scene at the school running track, when Amy doesn't back down. Amy at her best.
Non-E/A Top 5:
1) The Harold/Amy "tea party" scene in "Best Laid Plans". A parent's worst nightmare; and a comic classic.
2) The Bright/Delia scenes in "Is There A Doctor In The House?". What tomboy?
3) The Andy/Ephram driving lesson scene in "Home". Andy answers the "why Everwood?" question.
4) Andy's first meeting with Harold in the Pilot. Also including the "you can't charge nothing" scene.
5) The Ephram/Julia flashback scenes in "The Unveiling", and Andy's "unveiling" of who cheated. And Ephram's apology to Andy for hating him because of his erroneous assumption (is there any other kind?).
Non-E/A Honorable Mention:
a) "Moving where?" from the Pilot. "Horsey, Horsey".
b) The "popular table" scene with Colin from "The Price Of Fame" where Amy is a bad friend, again (tells Colin she hardly knows Ephram). And Ephram is a good friend, again (backs her up).
c) The "it sounds like you're in love" scene from "There Is A Reaction". Harold and Distraught Amy both at their best.
d) The scene in "The Doctor Is In" where Harold tries to convince Andy to do the surgery. "......my heartbroken daughter. Heck, you owe it to me."
e) The pizza place scene in "Snow Job" where Ephram decides to fly in the face of Amy's self-absorbed subterfuge by going on the ski trip.
f) The Amy/Hannah "my dad's kinda dying" scene in "Need To Know". Briliantly acted and heartbreaking.
That's it. Just couldn't go with five.

Last edited by MAKRO; 12-07-2004 at 06:05 PM
MAKRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

MAKRO.. Man, do I love your posts! And I should have known that you couldn't stick to just five. Awesome stuff.

PS.. Your categories rock.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:43 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not sure that I could ever pick only 5 moments as my favorites, but, off the cuff, these are 5 moments I would include in a highlight reel to showcase the excellent acting that Everwood brings to us:

5. The Amy/Hannah moments from Need to Know.

4. The Ephram/Andy fight scene where Ephram tells Andy he wishes that Andy had died instead of his mother from Pilot. Both Greg and Treat really gave this scene their all, injecting just a bit of humor into an intense fight.

3. The scene in Denver, after Ephram's Julliard audition in Your Future Awaits. The one where Amy tells Ephram she has feelings for him, but he already knows. This scene crackles with chemistry between Greg and EVC, and it is one of the few scenes to make me yell at the screen when it was over.

2. The 'bed' scenes from The Reflex, especially when Amy is crying and freaking out over what a big step they are taking. EVC hits yet another homerun in this scene. My heart went out to Amy, mainly because EVC exuded just the right amount of indecision and vulnerability.

1. One of my favorite scenes all time: The scene from Daddy's Little Girl where Amy asks Harold to put her on the Zoloft (or whatever). In my opinion this scene was a grand slam home run of a scene. EVC acted the hell out of it, showing yet again why I consider her one of the best actresses in the business today. That's not to shortchange Tom Amandes. He gave as well as he got, showing his own range as well.

That's all for now. I know I'll be back with some other category, because I love making lists.

Last edited by The Crow; 12-07-2004 at 10:52 PM
The Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 10:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

WILPEN:
Thanks. I'm looking forward to your own list. Feel free to cheat the quantity now that I've cheated first.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Okay guys, as you can tell, I changed the title of the thread from top 5 to favorite moments.

Thanks MAKRO. I am still pondering over my favorite moments, but you can bet it just might be a lengthy list.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Aw man...

... this won't be a one post deal. I don't have the best memory so I'll have to post 'em as they come to me. And my tendency will be Haroldy rather than Ephramy.

Definitely belonging somewhere in the top 5 (if this were a top 5 list - smirk) is the town debate on medical marijuana. This was in my favorite West Wing tradition of allowing both sides of an issue to be expressed by smart people with meaningful arguments. It was great characterization and great entertainment to watch Harold start off just being snidely dismissive of Andy's left-wing tendencies but then shift gears when Andy made some good points. Harold got serious then, yet not in a disrespectful way. Then comes the revelation by his own patient and you don't even need the scene at the man's house later (though I love that too) to know that Harold is having second thoughts. How great is it that the show allowed Harold to not be stubbornly mired in his own opinion?!!!

It's hard to narrow it down to one moment (i.e. scene) of Episode 21 because there were several 'of a theme' sprinkled throughout the episode. I suppose the most thorough exchange would be the 2nd Harold/Andy conversation... where Andy tries to praise Harold. But how do you not include the 1st convo... the utter change in mood by popcorn-eating Harold - and Andy's exchange with Edna... "the perfect possibility of a person". I thought it was great that they not only presented multiple (not even just 2) sides to the issue... but they bucked stereotypical expectations AND did it in a very realistic way. It was genius.

Let's not forget "You're not 'making do' with my son!" There was plenty to enjoy in Is There a Doctor in the House, but I particularly loved Harold in the doctors office... juggling competent doctor and worried father... all the while trying to swallow his fear to reassure Bright. Very well done.

Uh... and I also have to pick 'one moment' in Three Miners From Everwood? No way... I'll try to narrow it down to less than 'most of the episode'. {hehehehe} Let's go with the Harold/Linda interactions. When Linda wanted to amputate and Harold told her if Andy thought he could save the arm to let him try... it was a very small but very telling moment about how Harold felt about Andy. Then, near the end of the episode, I loved the congratulations complete with teasing... and then how Harold almost nonchallantly (sp?) revisited the blood type issue. I can still see him in my mind, sprawled out across couch looking deceptively relaxed... and I can see Linda tyring to play ignorant. And, of course that scene contines to include Rose and Harold imagining what it would be like for Daniel's wife if he died... It was a whole artist's pallet of emotional color in a single scene. Masterful.

And just to throw something a little different out there... how about Irv's narration... hearts are like crystal... even when they shatter they're beautiful... Or the meaning of Extraordinary...

-Aquillea
Aquillea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Okay, I am here to provide my list. Warning: It's very long. LOL

I decided to divide my moments in five categories.. 1-4 using "the four legs." E/A, Andy/Ephram, Andy/Harold, and Amy/Harold. 5 will be the misc. catergory, which can include any other pairing/combo.

A. Ephram/Amy
1. Pilot.. Greenie Seduction/Passion scene. EVC was amazing in this scene. She was only 15 years old! Unreal.
2. The Great Doctor Brown.. The Ferris Wheel scene. Just looking at them sitting there together screamed chemistry and extreme cuteness.
3. Friendly Fire.. The dance room fight. The heat/passion exchanged between the two was telling as you could see how much they cared about each other this early on.
4. The Doctor Is In.. Piano scene. The way Amy looks at Ephram while he plays the song he wrote for her makes me melt because you can see the deep feelings she is developing for him.
5. We Hold These Truths.. Twix moment. Priceless.
6. Till Death Do Us Part.. First kiss. Mutual I might add, even though Amy stops it very quickly due to her guilt.
7. Is There A Doctor In The House? A: "I thought New York had everything?" E: "Just about." This exchange screamed with romantic inferences. Outstanding.
8. A Thanksgiving Tale.. 2nd kiss that Amy initiated followed by her joy as she listened to the CD that Ephram made for her.
9. Vegetative State.. Amy begging Ephram to give her a reason to give up on Colin.. Ephram selflessly talks her right back to Colin. Amy watching as Ephram walks away. Amazing moment.
10. Snow Job.. E/A bickering about going on ski trip. Totally about their feelings for each other.
11. My Funny Valentine.. Jealous Amy watching Ephram/Laynie.
12. Episode 20.. E/A dancing together. Drawn to each other and sparks flying as they were dancing.
13. Home.. E/A touch hands as he is giving her change.
14. Blind Faith.. Dancing together. Intense to the max. Chemistry off the charts. I cried big time.
15. Your Future Awaits.. Amy finds out Ephram knew she had feelings for him. Chemistry flying all over the place.
16. For Every Action.. Airport reunion. Amy with her shy but eager look as she sees Ephram and the intense, hot kiss they share. Greg/Emily = CHEMISTRY.
17. ...There Is A Reaction.. Make up scene. Eye contact and yearning for that kiss was phenomenal.
18. Staking Claim.. Couch scene.
19. Best Laid Plans.. Ephram gives Amy the necklace followed by the bantering at the end. All about chemistry.
20. The Reflex.. ALL E/A moments! Drive-in, cafeteria, cabin scenes and phone call at the end. Outstanding. The best "first time" I have ever seen on tv.

B. Andy/Ephram
1. Pilot.. Fight that Nina listened in on. Treat/Greg were amazing together.
2. Deer God.. Ephram breaks down to Andy about losing his "home" with his mom.
3. Till Death Do Us Part.. Ephram giving Andy the doctor bag.
4. Is There A Doctor In The House? Andy asking Ephram to stay in Everwood.
5. The Unveiling.. Andy tells Ephram about Julia's affair. Huge. Changed whole dynamic between A/E.
6. Home.. Andy tells Ephram about promise he made to Julia about going to Everwood.

C. Andy/Harold
1. Pilot.. Their first meeting. Banter is immediate.
2. The Doctor Is In.. Harold asking Andy to perform the surgery on Colin. Tom was incredible in this scene as Harold.
3. Episode 20.. Both scenes between them. Andy asks Harold about abortion and Harold trying to defer the situation to Denver followed by their scene where Andy said he couldn't perform it and Harold steps up and says he will perform the procedure.

D. Amy/Harold
1. Daddy's Little Girl.. Amy asks Harold for anti-depressants. Heart breaking. EVC proves everything you need to know about why she is the best young actress out there and Tom is also amazing.
2. ...There Is A Reaction.. Harold acknowledges that Amy is in love with Ephram. Amy's tears during this scene as Harold comforts her.
3. Best Laid Plans.. The "Tea Party." This scene is one of the best of all time. EVC and Tom are sizzling with chemistry and both acted the hell out of this scene. Perfect.

E. Misc.
1. Pilot.. After Ephram/Bright fight and both are sitting next to each other, looking in opposite directions as Amy is standing there, followed by Andy and Harold showing up. This was a key scene as it showed how intertwined and connected the Abbott's & Brown's were destined to be for life.
2. Pilot.. Andy breaks down to Delia in tears as they embrace.
3. Turf Wars.. Bright asking Ephram to be there for Amy. Showed Bright's recognition that Ephram means something to Amy.
4. Is There A Doctor In The House?.. Edna letting down her guard and showing caring feelings for Bright in the hospital.
5. Everwood Confidential.. Laynie telling Ephram that Colin was going to break up with Amy before the accident. Shocking.
6. The Miracle Of Everwood.. Colin beating up Ephram and Bright and the look that Bright gives Colin as well as the exchanged looks between Ephram and Bright.
7. Episode 20.. Harold in confession after the procedure.
8. Home.. Colin/Ephram and their last conversation. Colin: "I know how you feel. Believe me." This was huge, because it showed Colin giving Ephram his approval of Ephram being in love with Amy and possibly even acknowledging that E/A had strong feelings for each other.
9. Shoot The Moon.. Harold/Ephram scene in Ephram's studio. Gregory and Tom had chemistry flying. What a heartfelt scene..
10. Need To Know.. Amy/Hannah scene whenever Hannah tells Amy about her dad having HD. Emily and Sarah were amazing and had me in tears.

Man, that was long.

Last edited by jediwands; 12-14-2004 at 10:26 PM
Old 12-14-2004, 11:01 PM
Elite Fan

Long, but good...and endlessly more thorough than the list I came up with. Don't worry though because I shall return one day with a massive list...bwah hahahahahah....
Old 12-15-2004, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks, The Crow. The irony is, I originally thought up this thread as only being a top 5 list! How on earth could I have expected people to stick to that whenever there was no way I could have ever only created 5 moments.

I also look forward to your "massive return."
Old 12-15-2004, 12:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

WILPEN:
And to think this thread was originally titled "5 Best Everwood Moments"....
Just kidding. Enjoyed your list.
I'm actually kicking myself for leaving Amy and Ephram's conversation in "Vegetative State" off my list. Upon first viewing, it seems like just another demonstration of Ephram's selfless friendship, when in fact it goes a long way toward defining the rest of the season. Amy had just been shocked into realizing she had built her life around an idealized memory of a version of Colin that didn't exist anymore. And that she didn't have any firm obligation to this new Colin; thus removing the burden of guilt she was carrying about her feelings for Ephram, and putting her in a postion where she could choose him over Colin. If Ephram had been a tiny bit less selfless at that point, he could have had Amy right then. I think her decision to stay with Colin was more a result of how she wanted to feel about herself, than a reflection of her feelings for Colin relative to those for Ephram. Once Ephram reminded her about loyalty and devotion, she couldn't allow herself any other course.
Unfortunately, the choice she made brought back the guilt factor over her increasing feelings for Ephram, thereby creating the Amy who treated Ephram like crap for most of the rest of the season. If only Ephram knew how close he had come.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally posted by MAKRO
WILPEN:
And to think this thread was originally titled "5 Best Everwood Moments"....
I know!

Quote:
Amy had just been shocked into realizing she had built her life around an idealized memory of a version of Colin that didn't exist anymore. And that she didn't have any firm obligation to this new Colin; thus removing the burden of guilt she was carrying about her feelings for Ephram, and putting her in a postion where she could choose him over Colin. If Ephram had been a tiny bit less selfless at that point, he could have had Amy right then. I think her decision to stay with Colin was more a result of how she wanted to feel about herself, than a reflection of her feelings for Colin relative to those for Ephram. Once Ephram reminded her about loyalty and devotion, she couldn't allow herself any other course.
Unfortunately, the choice she made brought back the guilt factor over her increasing feelings for Ephram, thereby creating the Amy who treated Ephram like crap for most of the rest of the season. If only Ephram knew how close he had come. [/B]
WORD. That's EXACTLY how I see it.

Amy WANTED Ephram to tell her to give up on Colin. Ephram could have had Amy right then and there. She was absolutely begging him to give her the incentive to give up on Colin. But what did Ephram do? He selflessly pushed her back to Colin. He amazingly put his deep feelings for her aside and also rejected her feelings for him, by telling her to not give up on Colin. He put Amy and C/A front and center and sacrificed his feelings and the potential of E/A in the process. Amy was ready to become romantic with Ephram during this amazing moment. Ironically, it was Ephram that backed down. All Ephram had to do was give her the slightest hint that he was with her, and they probably would have been making out right then and there. I have always felt that this moment was huge because it proved how Amy was staying with Colin more out of loyalty/devotion over anything else.

Love this exchange in "Vegetatve State": (Amy is crying and Ephram is teary eyed as Ephram is telling Amy to remain loyal to Colin)
Amy: How come you're so smart?
Ephram: I'm not, believe me. If I was, I would be wearing a warmer jacket right now, and I wouldn't be telling you to go back to your boyfriend.
Amy: Ephram..
Ephram: I wish it was different. I do. I wish I was here first, but I wasn't. The truth is, he needs you. He needs your help to get better.

What Ephram did was the most selfless act I have ever seen. Even Amy told Ephram later on that Ephram was responsible for the dedication that Amy continued to give Colin.

Last edited by jediwands; 12-15-2004 at 12:55 AM
Old 12-15-2004, 12:27 AM
Addicted Fan

Oh no how can you ask this? I will be posting in parts whenever i can think of a new scene or at least editing this one forever.

Um
1. THanksgiving tale kiss
2. THanksgiving tale walk with eprham and amy (can ya tell i like this ep?)
3. The scenes in i forget the ep where andy is having recurring dreams of his family, watching them in new york.
4.When amy shows up on the airplane to NYC
5.The whole skating scene in FLV
6.The post office scene where ephram meets laynie
7.The scene between andy and linda when she leaves
8.the speech and dance between a/e at the wedding with "at last" by ella fitzgerald playing
9. The fatal flaw speech
10.The thaw fest
11.Odd scene-but when amy collapses at the ballet recital after she recieves the flowers.

That's all i can think of right now, or have tim to think of...i'll post more later and btw these are in no particular order, just whatever pops into my head.
-maria
The Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread