Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Absolute Fan

I think one of my favorite everwood quotes is the Ephram/Amy in diner scene.

"I can't keep being your second choice. Not when you're my first"
Old 05-02-2007, 06:06 AM
buffyannAlex

Thanks for all the quotes everyone.
All of them are pure greatness !!! Thanks for the Harold eulogy, Tos. I adore it.
Now, here's my contribution :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting To Know You
AMY: What are these?
EPHRAM: (awkwardly) Um… those are actually…
AMY: They’re postcards.
EPHRAM: Yeah, they’re postcards… those are actually, those are yours. I mean, I actually wrote those for you.
AMY: What?
EPHRAM: It’s not as crazy as it looks, it was just like... when I first got to London I had a little bit of a freak out. It was like, I took everything I had to get on the plane and when I finally got there, it was like ‘What the hell am I doing here?!’ I couldn’t call home, obviously, I didn’t know if I could call you, so... I wrote you, it made me feel better. I didn’t know if I should send them or I didn’t know if you wanted to hear from me so… I didn’t. And then, every couple of days something would happen or I would see something, that'd remind me of you, or make me wish I could be with you, but I couldn’t talk to you, so I’d write you a postcard. I don’t know why I didn’t send them, I wanted to, I tried to, but... I was too scared.
AMY: I wish you would’ve sent them.
EPHRAM: Me too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reflex
EPHRAM: And while we're apologizing, I'm sorry I yelled at you.
AMY: Oh, nothing I haven't been subjected to before. I'm sorry I called you a pig.
EPHRAM: Yeah, that was really uncalled for…
Quote:
AMY: I think Terri and Brian are having sex in her parents’ car.
EPHRAM: What? Where? Here.
AMY: Yeah, they’re like two cars down.
EPHRAM: Wow. Really.
AMY: I don’t know if they’re having actual sex, but…
EPHRAM: Yeah, I mean I doubt it’s actual sex. It’s…
AMY: Yeah, me too.
EPHRAM: They’re probably just…
AMY: Yeah. Yeah.
[They sit in awkward silence, avoiding eye contact.]
EPHRAM: (VO) They’re definitely having sex.
AMY: (VO) They are so having sex. I shouldn’t have told him now he’s gonna think I want to.
EPHRAM: (VO) Wait, was that like a sign…?
AMY: (VO) Although I’m sure he knows I’d never let our first time be in a car in a completely public place.
EPHRAM: (VO) I bet that was a sign. Did I just miss that cue? I think I just missed the cue.
AMY: (VO) I guess this is probably the place to do it. I mean, people are obviously doing it here.
EPHRAM: (VO)If she looks at me it’s the cue.
AMY: (VO) How would we even…?
[AMY looks at EPHRAM. EPHRAM turns away quickly.]
EPHRAM: (VO) Okay, never mind that wasn’t the cue.
AMY: (VO) He’s blocking his lips. That means he doesn’t want me to kiss him. God, body language is so telling. People Magazine is so right about that stuff.
EPHRAM: (VO) That girl looks so much like Jennifer Lopez. I wonder if they’re related.
AMY: (VO) I wonder if my dad would get a subscription if I asked. Probably.
EPHRAM: (VO) Why am I thinking about Jennifer Lopez? [clears his throat and offers AMY the drink.] Do you want?
AMY: Sure.
[EPHRAM hands AMY the soda.]
EPHRAM: (VO) This is going badly.
AMY: (VO) This is so bad.
EPHRAM: (VO) She’s actually watching the movie.
AMY: (VO) He’s clearly into the movie.
EPHRAM/AMY: (VO) We’re never gonna have sex.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:36 AM
Addicted Fan

buffyannAlex Thank you! Thank you for those quotes. I was actually about to watch that clip from "Getting To Know You" and transcribe that dialogue. Thanks! I will share that with my friends of course thanks for the other quotes as well.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Master Fan

Oh man, that car one is HILARIOUS! I forgot all about that. *tears rolling down face* Oh wow, I hope I have that one on tape because that is AWESOME stuff. Sometimes I forget just how funny Everwood can get with how incredible the drama is, but things like that, or some of Harold's comedy, or just some of the awesome Bright lines. It's all there, I just take it for granted sometimes.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 05-03-2007, 09:45 AM
buffyannAlex

I agree. This scene's gotta be one of the most hilarious scene of the entire series. Made me laugh so much. Plus, it very well uses Ephram and Amy's personnalities to make it funnier. Ephram being all "what's going on ? did I miss something ?" and Amy trying to be confident like "maybe we should do it in a car ? that's what people do !"
LOVE IT !!!

Old 05-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Master Fan

From 420, Goodbye, My Love:

Bright: Hey, ladies love Bright Abbott! What can I say? But seriously, I think I might want to be a rapper. Seriously, I got mad skills. Check it out:

[raps]

B. Abbott, I'm funny,
Like a rabbit, a bunny,
And I don't have a job,
Which means I ain't go no money.

---------------------

Yeah, it's an obvious one, but it's hilarious. That whole scene with Bright and Irv is so great. Seeing them interact, seeing it centre around Bright;s self-pitying and lack of motivation and it being Irv to get him out of it. Plus, it's really sweet and they go well together, which is why it sucks they didn't get a ton of scenes together.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."

Last edited by 'Tos; 05-09-2007 at 03:59 PM
Old 05-07-2007, 05:52 AM
buffyannAlex

Bright rapping is just hilarious !!!!

Also, From Foreverwood :
Bright: "You danced with the devil last night, it fogged your brain. Clogged your drain"

Old 05-07-2007, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

So awesome!

Man I love reading these quotes, all are incredibly heartfelt whether in a dramatic or comedic way, or maybe a little of both. Love them

The drive in scene with EA is classic. Seriously, I don't think it gets any better than that scene and Alex so true it's the real personalities of Ephram and Amy that make it so priceless

Going all dramatic, Edna seeing Irv and breaking down as a result is all about sadness. That was such an amazing scene.

This show was so good at switching from comedy to the drama so smoothly and beautifully, sometimes within one episode alone, even flipping from one scene to the next. The transition from one to the other was always so perfect and just made this priceless show so very one of a kind

I'll add some quotes later.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:10 AM
buffyannAlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
This show was so good at switching from comedy to the drama so smoothly and beautifully, sometimes within one episode alone, even flipping from one scene to the next. The transition from one to the other was always so perfect and just made this priceless show so very one of a kind
Oh yeah !!!

Like this one :
Quote:
Ephram : "Isn't there some kind of law against dumping sperm in a natural forrest?"

Old 05-17-2007, 12:29 AM
Master Fan

Alex , where the HECK is the sperm one from? That's just bizarre.

From 321: Oh, The Places You Will Go , Julia's letter (copied and pasted from everwoodmusic.com quote section because this is really long)

My Dearest Ephram,
I’ve been sitting in our kitchen for the last half hour simply imagining you. Wondering what you must be thinking right now. What you must be feeling. How handsome you must look in your cap and gown.

If you’re thinking about me…stop. Send a kiss to the sky, and then focus your thoughts on what’s coming towards you, not what you left behind. I am forever entwined in your past, your present, and your future. You needn’t pause to look for me. I’m right here.

If you’re feeling frightened about what comes next…don’t. Embrace the uncertainty. Allow it to lead you places. Be brave as it challenges you to exercise both your heart and your mind as you create your own path towards happiness, don’t waste time with regret. Spin wildly into your next action. Enjoy the present, each moment, as it comes, because you’ll never get another one quite like it.

And if you should ever look up, and find yourself lost, simply take a breath and start over. Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart…where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.

Love,
Mom

-------

Another obvious one, but a good one. I love the Julia moments of this show, how they're always so special.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:32 AM
buffyannAlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Alex , where the HECK is the sperm one from? That's just bizarre.
It's from 211 "Family Dynamics" when Andy and Ephram go up a mountain to throw the frozen sperm of a patient's dead husband. I can't eblieve you dono't remember that .

and thanks for this quote. it made me cry like a baby when I watch the episode...

Old 05-17-2007, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Awe yeah me too, so profound and heartbreaking and REAL which means it's so Everwood...

Back to comedy, that quote about the sperm is just classic!

Or what about in season 3 Harold saying to Andy that Ephram has super sperm whenever he's panicking over the possibility of EA having sex?
Old 05-17-2007, 10:10 PM
buffyannAlex

oh my god, I think that was my favourite Harold quote of all time !!!!!

Dono't tell me to calm down, Andy. My daughter is about to be deflowered by supersperm over there, I'm not suppose to have a reaction ?

Old 05-18-2007, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I know!!!!!

The entire scene is hilarious as Harold's all alone, having to fend for himself since Rose is away and he makes mac n cheese for dinner LOL and as he's eating it out of his little bowl, he's about ready to gag on it as Andy's revealing the possible EA sex happening. Awesome
Old 05-19-2007, 12:56 AM
buffyannAlex

Harold is really the funniest with all his naive and clueless thoughts, talking about a "chaperon" LOVE HIM.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread