Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Master Fan

Favorite Everwood Quotes #2

The old thread had lots of great quotes, and I think we've got a large majority of them, but this show is highly quotable, so I definitely think we can still make good use of this thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tictac1016
think back to s1, it's amazing to see them come so far to reach this point in their lives, to finally realize the fact that they are meant for each other in a soulmate kind of way
Did you ever doubt at anytime during the show that they would finally realize that they were meant for each other? Or did you always know they would find each other, no matter what?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:59 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)

Did you ever doubt at anytime during the show that they would finally realize that they were meant for each other? Or did you always know they would find each other, no matter what?
good questionwell, i always believe they should be together cuz that's the only way that make sense,lol, but i also believe it would inevitably take some time for them to realize this. they might run into someone else along the road, and they did, but at the end of the day, they will always find each other. that's my two cents, what about you?
Tictac1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tictac1016 (View Post)
good questionwell, i always believe they should be together cuz that's the only way that make sense,lol, but i also believe it would inevitably take some time for them to realize this. they might run into someone else along the road, and they did, but at the end of the day, they will always find each other. that's my two cents, what about you?

I feel the same way. I knew that Ephram and Amy were meant to be together in the end....but it couldn't happen too soon....because that would take away from the drama and the angst. Amy and Ephram were so much more interesting when they were pining for each other....so much more sensual....there was more "heat". (Note the wedding dance and the bat mitsvah dance.) As I have noted many many times....when Ephram and Amy were together (season 3)...they were more like brother and sister than boyfriend and girlfriend. They needed to break up and yearn for each other.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:51 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I feel the same way. I knew that Ephram and Amy were meant to be together in the end....but it couldn't happen too soon....because that would take away from the drama and the angst. Amy and Ephram were so much more interesting when they were pining for each other....so much more sensual....there was more "heat". (Note the wedding dance and the bat mitsvah dance.) As I have noted many many times....when Ephram and Amy were together (season 3)...they were more like brother and sister than boyfriend and girlfriend. They needed to break up and yearn for each other.
lol,i get what you mean. it's like they need to make some mistakes to realize the fact that they belong with each other

some more quotes between Amy and Ephram from s1:
EPHRAM: Amy. Why are you talking to me?
Amy is shocked by this abrupt question.]
AMY: What?
EPHRAM: I mean, you seem to have enough friends. Why are you going out of your way to make me feel welcome?
AMY: You just gotta kinda tragic, lonely thing going on. I dig it.

AMY: You scare me, Ephram.
EPHRAM: Well, that doesn't sound good.
AMY: No no, I think it is. When you first got here, I know I got to know you for all the wrong reasons. Friendship wasn't exactly at the top of my list. But, as it turns out, you're really funny and weird and now you're like this guy in my life that I care about. Does that make any sense?
EPHRAM: Define "weird".
AMY: I think you just need to cut me some slack once in a while.
EPHRAM: Define "slack".
[Amy smiles and leaves.]

AMY: Maybe. Maybe he never really loved me. And do you know what the worst part is? Worse than the waiting and the operation, the tubes and the machines? Sometimes I think he wasn't just going for a joy ride that day. I think he was running away from me.
EPHRAM: Amy... OK, this is going to sound really lame, but, it's the truth. I know how you feel. For a long time after my mom had her accident, I was sure it was my fault. Blaming yourself, it's just a way to try and make sense of something that will never make sense. When the truth is, it was what it was. An accident.

AMY: Everyone told me it would be hard... seeing Colin. No matter how many times I heard it, I had no idea that it would be this hard.
EPHRAM: He seemed OK.
AMY: You didn't know him. [beat] Now he doesn't know me. It's like he really did die in that accident. How's this for pathetic? I can remember what he wore on our first date. Abercrombie Rugby with his jeans with the bleached spot. He doesn't even know who I am. I built my whole life around memories of us and... He can't even remember my name.
[She's on the verge of tears.]
EPHRAM: Hey, my dad said it just takes a while. I mean, he'll remember eventually. You've just gotta stick it out.
AMY: It's been six months, Ephram. When do I run out? When do I just give up?
EPHRAM: You don't. That's what devotion is, Amy. I mean, I thought you loved him? That's all I've heard about for the last, I don't know, forever. And what, the first day, you just wanna throw in the towel? The truth is, you couldn't give up on him right now, even if you wanted to. Because since the day I met you, you've been loyal to Colin. And when you're loyal to someone, you can't help it.
AMY: How come you're so smart?
EPHRAM: I'm not, believe me. If I was, I would be wearing a warmer jacket right now. And I wouldn't be telling you to go back to your boyfriend.
AMY: Ephram.
EPRHAM: I-I wish it were different. I do. I wish I were here first but, I wasn't. The truth is, he needs you. He needs your help to get better.
Tictac1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:25 AM
Master Fan

Ooh, more quotes!

Quote:
EPHRAM: Amy. Why are you talking to me?
Amy is shocked by this abrupt question.]
AMY: What?
EPHRAM: I mean, you seem to have enough friends. Why are you going out of your way to make me feel welcome?
AMY: You just gotta kinda tragic, lonely thing going on. I dig it.
Love it! So cute.

Quote:
AMY: Everyone told me it would be hard... seeing Colin. No matter how many times I heard it, I had no idea that it would be this hard.
EPHRAM: He seemed OK.
AMY: You didn't know him. [beat] Now he doesn't know me. It's like he really did die in that accident. How's this for pathetic? I can remember what he wore on our first date. Abercrombie Rugby with his jeans with the bleached spot. He doesn't even know who I am. I built my whole life around memories of us and... He can't even remember my name.
[She's on the verge of tears.]
EPHRAM: Hey, my dad said it just takes a while. I mean, he'll remember eventually. You've just gotta stick it out.
AMY: It's been six months, Ephram. When do I run out? When do I just give up?
EPHRAM: You don't. That's what devotion is, Amy. I mean, I thought you loved him? That's all I've heard about for the last, I don't know, forever. And what, the first day, you just wanna throw in the towel? The truth is, you couldn't give up on him right now, even if you wanted to. Because since the day I met you, you've been loyal to Colin. And when you're loyal to someone, you can't help it.
AMY: How come you're so smart?
EPHRAM: I'm not, believe me. If I was, I would be wearing a warmer jacket right now. And I wouldn't be telling you to go back to your boyfriend.
AMY: Ephram.
EPRHAM: I-I wish it were different. I do. I wish I were here first but, I wasn't. The truth is, he needs you. He needs your help to get better.
Oh, and this might be my favourite moment of theirs in S1. Amy, vulnerable and giving up. Ephram, confident and sure of himself. Such a role reversal. And Ephram telling Amy to go back to Colin says so much about who he is and how much he cares about Amy, even more than he does about having her. He wants her, but he wants it to be right, not when she's giving up.

Thanks for the quotes! And don't be afraid to pop in some of the other thread too.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 02-23-2012, 08:34 AM
Master Fan

Sorry to bump this thread after that time, but I think that I found out some quotes that weren't mentioned in the threads here and I like them, so I copied them (Yep, I could be really lazy ).

Quote:
Bright: [about Ephram and Madison] Yeah, having sex with a rock goddess tends to have an effect on a guy.
Amy: They're sleeping together?
Bright: Whad'ya think they were doing this whole time, playing solitaire [pause] or some other two-person card game?
First of all it's funny the whole idea of Madison and Ephram playing solitaire and second somehow I found Amy's looks showing a bit of jealousy.

Quote:
Ephram: [to Spanish teacher] Estamos uh... mucho um... embarazada.
Amy: You just said: We're very pregnant.
Ephram: (To Amy) Well, I'll let you fix this.
Ok, this cracks me up, because I actually know enough Spanish to really translate what he was saying and I was laughing even without the translation. Not to mention that We're pregnant implies them being together in relationship . (I guess I'm just seeing some weird parallel that was unintentional)

Quote:
Ephram: [to Amy, about Tommy] So how's Rico Suave? Are you guys sharing needles yet?
It might sound sad, but Ephram's sarcasm has its own turns .
Quote:
Ephram: Ya know, I don't know why they call it a driving test. All they really care about is parking.
Madison: Well I wouldn't worry about it. Lots of guys ride their bikes to junior prom. Maybe your date can sit on the handlebars.
I was just imagining Amy and Ephram on a bike .

Quote:
Bright: [To Ephram] So you know what I was thinking... If there's all these college guys who are like totally hitting on high school girls, then there's probably a whole surplus of neglected college girls who want to hit on high school guys.
Sometimes Bright is so naive . That wouldn't work (Madison is an exception and just now I realized the subtle double meaning in this quote).

Quote:
Dr. Abbott: My child won't talk to me anymore. Apparently, I've broken a sacred trust by simply voicing an honest concern.
Dr. Brown: If it makes you feel any better, Ephram's not talking to me right now, either.
Dr. Abbott: Big deal. He never talks to you. You're used to it.
Gotta love those two together .

Quote:
Laynie: You looked so uncomfortable the other day. Like I embarrassed you or something.
Ephram: Look, I'm gonna mess up because that's just what I do. But at least give me a chance to mess up. I mean, I'm capable of such stupidity that you'd be wasting my talent by ending this now.
Ephram's talent -at least he's good at it .

Quote:
Amy: Laynie's cool, isn't she?
Ephram: Huh?
Amy: Laynie. The two of you looked like you were getting along the other day. That's... that's so great.
Ephram: Well, I'm glad you approve. Why are you so interested in me and Laynie anyway?
Amy: I don't know. She's my friend... you're my friend.
Ephram: Well, we did receive mail together. To which I went back to her place where I believe we shared a beverage or two. At which point I obviously felt it was time to ask for her hand in marriage.
Jealous Ephram, maybe it doesn't sound that funny, but I like the answer because it shows how 'serious' he is with Laynie. It also shows Amy's jealousy - she clearly didn't ask because they both are her friends.

Quote:
Dr. Brown: [At the basketball game] Why is the Abbott kid waving at you?
Ephram: I don't know. Probably needs help counting the points.
I have to admit at that point I had the same opinion about Bright, but later on in Season 1 and especially with Season 2, 3 and 4 I saw that he is not that moronic.

Last edited by secretk; 02-23-2012 at 08:41 AM
secretk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Master Fan

Great quotes, Koni! Thanks for bumping this up. This used to be one of my favourite threads when I first came here because there's SO many great quotes on the show that this thread will never be filled up!

Lots of hilarious quotes. I liked all the Amy/Ephram ones. And the Bright quote about college girls wanting to be hit on by high school boys is too funny!
Old 02-25-2012, 01:31 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, Everwood has a lot of cool quotes .

Here is one from the finale:

Quote:
ROSE: Amy. You haven’t moved for over two hours. Are you sick, sweetheart?
AMY: No, I’m stupid. [Pause.] I had the thing, mom. I had the thing that everybody wants and I threw it away. And now Ephram has become Stephram, and you can’t just go up to Stephram and be like, ‘Hi, I’m in love with you again!’ Especially since she’s buying him jackets. (beat) She’s working from the inside. She has home-court advantage. I thought that I could just work the old-school angle, but now I’m realizing that I have no angle. All I have is how I feel and I can’t even describe how I feel because it’s just so–
ROSE: Much.
AMY: Yes, exactly.
ROSE: You love Ephram…?
AMY: Mom, yes, keep up.
ROSE: Well, why aren’t your feelings enough, sweetheart? Considering the history you two have, it would amount to more than a jacket. And if you could express them to Ephram in a slightly less anxiety-provoking way than you just expressed them to me–
AMY: It won’t be enough. Saying the words… doesn’t even come close to how I feel about him. And besides that, this is Ephram, Grand-Gesture Ephram. He had his dad perform surgery on my boyfriend, while he was in love with me. He wrote my Princeton essay for me. Our first time together–
ROSE: I get it. Say no more.
AMY: I just need to find a way to show him how much I love him. That I remember everything and that I’m not going to forget.
ROSE: (smiles) Then you will. [kisses AMY on the forehead.] You will.
I loved how she named them 'Stephram' . Not to mention that whole episode Amy was hilarious.

Quote:
[Cut to the BROWN house. EPHRAM’S studio. He’s practicing. There’s a knock at the door.]
EPHRAM: Yeah, come in.
[AMY comes in elated.]
AMY: 1400, baby!
EPHRAM: Congratulations.
AMY: Thank you. [EPHRAM gives her a hug.] No more freaking out. No more paranoia. No more chasing the mailman down the street.
[AMY plops down on the couch. EPHRAM looks at AMY’S report. AMY realizes that she’s sitting on something and pulls out a pair of girl’s panties from under her. Realizing what they are she turns to EPHRAM stunned. EPHRAM sees the panties and takes a breath.]
EPHRAM: Whose are those?
AMY: Uh, yeah, exactly.
EPHRAM: Well, they’re, obviously, they’re not mine.
AMY: WELL, THEY’RE OBVIOUSLY NOT MINE!! [AMY jumps up and EPHRAM walks around slowly to sit on the couch.] DON’T LOOK AT THEM!!
EPHRAM: I’m sorry, everything’s just a little blurry right now.
AMY: Okay, you know what, I’m gonna take a second and wait for you to provide some type a explanation as to why this HOOKER THONG is in your couch cushion. You have ten seconds!
[EPHRAM sits silently racking his brain.]
EPHRAM: Bright. I gave Bright a key.
AMY: [looks at the panties and then throws them aside.] Eww.
EPHRAM: And for the record, that’s a long time to hold any stranger’s thong.
The whole tong situation was too funny .
Old 02-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Great quotes, Koni!

To me, the funniest part of the first scene was this:

"ROSE: You love Ephram…?
AMY: Mom, yes, keep up."

HAROLD: I don't know what you mean.
LemonyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, that was funny too. Amy was so anxious, she expected that everyone knows that she still loves Ephram - pretty much the same was with Hannah .

Ok, this is really long quote, but I liked that scene . The four in action.

Quote:
HANNAH: [answering her cell.] Hey, Amy.
AMY: Are you sitting down?
HANNAH: Yeah, why?
AMY: I need to talk to you.
BRIGHT: [answering his cell.] The boy is back in town, how was New York, man?
EPHRAM: Fine. I need to ask you something.
HANNAH:What’s the matter?
EPHRAM: Say you ran into an old girlfriend.
AMY: Are you sure you’re sitting down?
BRIGHT: Don’t tell me you saw Madison?
HANNAH: (to BRIGHT) He saw Madison?…!
EPHRAM: No, not Madison.
AMY: So, I went over to Ephram’s last week.
EPHRAM: And you weren’t planning on anything happening…
AMY: And we were just suppose to study…
EPHRAM: And things got a little heated…
AMY: And there was no one there…
EPHRAM: And then something kinda…
AMY: And we totally had sex.
HANNAH: You and Ephram slept together?!!
BRIGHT: (to HANNAH) What?! No way!
EPHRAM: “No way” what?
AMY: I’ve been meaning to tell you.
EPHRAM: Hello, you there?
AMY: I just felt so weird.
BRIGHT: Dude, did you and my sister get back together?
AMY: And I don’t know what it means yet.
EPHRAM: What? Who told you that?
HANNAH: I can’t believe this.
BRIGHT: I can’t believe you.
HANNAH/BRIGHT: This is so…
HANNAH: …Great.
BRIGHT: …Bad.
EPHRAM: Have you talked to her?
AMY: And he said he’s still in love with me.
EPHRAM: Did she say we were back together?
AMY: And we haven’t spoken since.
HANNAH: Okay, listen, come and get me right now.
BRIGHT: Okay, stay where you are.
HANNAH: We have to celebrate.
BRIGHT: Time for some serious damage control.
AMY: This is not a celebration, Hannah.
EPHRAM: I don’t need damage control.
AMY: I’ll be there in ten.
EPHRAM: Fine, if you’re coming, bring breakfast, and beer.
[HANNAH and BRIGHT both hang up and look at each other.]
HANNAH: Guess that bike ride’s gonna have to wait.
BRIGHT: Yeah.
[They share a kiss and both depart.]
Old 02-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That was a fantasic scene, Koni!! ^^^^^^^^
Did you watch that episode and the beautiful episode before it?

Where are you getting this Season 4 transcripts?
Old 02-25-2012, 03:04 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I watched that episode and the episode before. As for the transcript I found some English subtitles that are useful. But most of the time I just copy the whole quotes from the net, because I'm lazy .

As for some new quote while I watched that good episode I liked something in Bright/Ephram conversation besides the whole manhood surprise .

Quote:
Ephram: Barbie the doll?
Bright: She's not just a doll. That's what I'm trying to tell you. Her proportions are crazy. Ok let's say I'm Barbie, you are you. My boobs will be out in your face.
Imagine Bright as Barbie .

Quote:
Bright: Enough with the sensitivity Ephram. OK, we've all seen that movie. She bought the DVD and and you know what she did? She sold it on ebay.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
But most of the time I just copy the whole quotes from the net, because I'm lazy .

That's what I meant...where do you find Season 4 dialogue on the net? I can never find it.

Quote:
Bright: Enough with the sensitivity Ephram. OK, we've all seen that movie. She bought the DVD and and you know what she did? She sold it on ebay.
I don't know if you have seen this episode..but it really pissed me off when Bright said that! it was so obvious to everyone that night that Amy was still in love with Ephram......I can't understand why Bright would think otherwise!
Old 02-25-2012, 11:10 PM
Master Fan

There is quotes thread in fanbolt that helps .

As for Bright I see it differently. By that time Bright was too busy having relationship with Hannah to see what Amy feels about Ephram. Besides Bright wanted to protect his friend and his sister. I mean Ephram and Amy tried once and it didn't work. And he was in the middle - between the sister and the best friend and he didn't want to be in that position again. Bright encouraged them to try something different, to see other people and I think they needed that. They had to be sure that they are not come back to each other just because it's easy and familiar. Besides he knew that another break up might not influence Ephram and his sister that well. He meant well, that doesn't mean that he knew everything .
Old 03-06-2012, 08:06 AM
Master Fan

Well, it's not exactly double post, since I post it like 10 days later .

Harold's opinion about the relationship between Andy and Linda.

Quote:
Think about it, Rose. There could be nephews, miniature little Andy Browns underfoot with pale skin and black clothes! 'Uncle Harry, could I go to the rap concert with Ephram? We're, like, hitchhiking!'
I'm curious what he will think about Amy and Ephram and their kids ?