Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Addicted Fan

Fan Forum's "Everwood: Season 5"

EVERWOOD
Season Five

We're writing a new season! Help us!

Hullo!

Welcome to the new Season Five thread. A while ago, long after Everwood's early death after season four, a handful of us decided that rewatching the show over and over again was not enough anymore, that the wonderful finale that we got was getting more and more unsatifactory. We wanted MORE.
Of course, we aren't flying that high above the grounds of reality yet, that we would suffer from the delusion that we might actually get more. The truth is rude and we've been weeping about it for long enough. If nobody's baking a cake for us, we'll bake it ourselves. At least we'll try.
This is a call for every singe Everwood-fan that still is left out there to come and join us, to pour all of our love for this show into making ourselves this present of reading something new about the goings-on in our little mountain town, even if it is just half real. It's better than nothing.
Everybody is welcome, the only requirement is that you love Everwood. If you don't feel ready to write the actual scenes, join us planning and organizing the episodes and single storylines, or just tell us what you would have liked to see in season five. Just, please, come! Say you'll help us, tell us how and we'll put you on the list, so that we know that you're in and we can call you when you're needed. Or just stay right away.

Thank you.

The Season 5 Crew
Abomasum
Thief Of Love
everwoodfan52
'Tos
Steve397

First decisions to be made...

- How do we start? With the way season four ended the show, or the way season four would have ended as a season finale? Ferris wheel, or no Ferris wheel? Madison, or no Madison?

- What storylines do we want to evolve in season five? How is not the question yet.

- What will we do about Ephram's piano story? Was it really finished, will he change his mind about teaching?

Now, let the fun begin! (Dopey Leo!)

Last edited by Abomasum; 03-24-2009 at 04:36 PM
Old 01-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

Love your introduction.

I'm on board! Too much so, there are so many ideas for the younger characters rattling around in my head, hee.

Hmm, good question on whether to pick up where the finale left off, or to treat things as they would have gone had the show been renewed. Most of the storylines were left fairly open-ended, but the Ephram/Amy conclusion was trickier. Not that there aren't places that their story as a couple and individual storylines could have gone from there, but it did feel more conclusive than some of the others.

Last edited by Thief Of Love; 01-12-2009 at 04:59 PM
Old 01-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Thank you.

That's great! We're gonna make this happen, aren't we?! You're on the list.

I have to go to sleep now, good night!
Old 01-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would prefer to start from where the end of season 4 left off. I really don't want to see Madison come back.
I will, however, go along with what the majority prefer.
I have added myself to the list, Leo, seeing as you went to sleep and are dopey.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Master Fan

Something else to consider is whether or not we want to adopt any of the S5 plans that Berlanti and Rina mentioned. The ones that I recall were
  • Nina being pregnant with Jake's baby;
  • Madison returning in some storyline involving the E/M baby; and
  • Ephram and Hannah spending more (or any) time together

Frankly, only one of these stories sounds appealing to me, and we all know which one that is, heh. But really, all the baby drama just sounds like too much potential for bad soap; I'm sure the show would have done wonders with it, but then, Berlanti has proven himself fallible.

But, this is really up for discussion, especially if anyone knows a way to make something good out of those first two ideas. Also, does anyone remember if there were any other rumored S5 storylines?
Old 01-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The third item on the list is the only one that is appealing to me as well.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

I am way too into this. I've just started researching Colorado State University's (because it's the closest thing to the fictional A&M, heh) undergraduate Music Education program to see what sorts of potential real/perceived problems Ephram might run into while beginning his pursuit of that degree, since that seems like that could be the main piano-related story for him in S5. But I also just love looking at university catalogs for fun, so this is a grand excuse to do that, heh.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Master Fan

You know I'm in. Hee, you totally could have penciled me in knowing I was going to do it despite my initial indecisiveness (which, to justify my caution, is only because I don't want it to turn into that stickied thread at the top of the board. Seriously, that thread haunts me at night, heh, because it's an amazing idea, and Alex did such an amazing job with it and I and others dropped the ball in actually doing it).

This is all hypotheticals at the moment, so I'm just going to ramble for a bit as I like to do:

There's kind of pros and cons to choosing between the series finale ending and the season ending, isn't there? On the one hand, what the heck do you do with Amy/Ephram if they expressed their love like that, knowing that they've got to have some sort of angst and that we as fans have agreed in the Greenies thread that we like when they have some sort of angst between them? And yes, they did seem conclusive. I mean, that is their ending, I think. How do you top that? But if Madison comes back, well, it's Madison, hee. And then you have to figure out what she's coming back for and such. I guess that's two cons, isn't it? Heh.

Maybe we cut out the ferris wheel AND Madison, and end it with Andy proposing to Nina. Not the ending I'd choose for the series/season, hee, but it would make it a bit easier, as we wouldn't have to deal with Madison or such a conclusive ending.

If we do stick with the Amy/Ephram ending, I wouldn't mind bringing back Madison anyway. Wouldn't mind, not saying I'd want to, hee. I don't like Madison at all, but I've always wondered where they were going with that, and it'd be neat to see what we come up with. I do think there is potential there, but mostly because I think it does set up some of that angst for Amy/Ephram if we did end it with the series finale ending, and seeing Mature Ephram dealing with Madison and his feelings for his son (because that story was definitely not done). But I also don't have strong feelings about it, other than the Ephram dealing with some things aspect.

And it's going to be fun to see where we disagree. For example, a discussion question I was going to bring up in the Episode Discussion thread was going to be about Ephram's piano story, and was it really finished, or where you would take it in season five, because I've never believed it was finished. I didn't believe that Ephram deciding to teach was the end, but then there are (many) fans that strongly feel that it is.

Uh, so I'm not really being helpful, but I'm Canadian and, thus, indecisive and non-confrontational by nature, so I just vote that I don't make decisions.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood

Last edited by 'Tos; 01-12-2009 at 11:26 PM
Old 01-13-2009, 12:18 AM
Master Fan

I think just excising the Ferris Wheel might be a good way to go -- like I said, everything else seems open-ended, but Ephram and Amy were just too final. Granted, that still leaves Amy with her revelation, but...let's say something happens to keep her from saying anything?

And I agree that Ephram's piano story isn't over, which is why I decided to start researching what a music ed program would actually entail, hee. You know, I love him as a one-on-one piano instructor, but I really can't see him being down with everything that degree requires.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:27 AM
Addicted Fan

Well, I'd be happier without the ferris wheel scene as well, because, yeah, 'Tos said it all, I want angst and not go on after the happy end. I'd even be okay with Madison returning. What I wouldn't be okay with is her bringing up some sort of action about their son, like trying to get him back. That's malicious, it would be especially from her. If Ephram had tried to get him right after he found out, I would have understood why, I wouldn't have thought it was a good idea, but... well, one year later, her asking him to help her would be bad, she wasn't such a bad person, was she? Also it would ruin all of season four Ephram, all the maturity, all the wisdom, for me if Ephram joined her, because it was so strong and so right of him, not to get out of that taxi back in season three. This child is not theirs anymore, they should leave it that way and I hope that Berlanti didn't get Madison back for that, I just hope so.
I would, however, be able to live with the other two plans that apparently have been there for season five, even though a baby... sounds soapy. Also Jake really didn't want a baby and I believe he would have been able to prevent that from happening, or if he thought that it was possible for her to have been pregnant, he wouldn't have left like that...
No problem with Ephram and Hannah at all... as long as they don't make out. o.O That would be... strange.

Okay, 'Tos, adding that discussion topic to the list.

ETA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief Of Love (View Post)
I think just excising the Ferris Wheel might be a good way to go -- like I said, everything else seems open-ended, but Ephram and Amy were just too final. Granted, that still leaves Amy with her revelation, but...let's say something happens to keep her from saying anything?
Well, why don't we stroke that as well?

Gotta go to school, I'll be back.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

After we decide where to start the season...how will we go about writing? Does each poster add a sentence, a paragraph.......?
Old 01-13-2009, 12:24 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I'm for just taking away the ferris wheel scene too. Which I think we've got a consensus on, we're all just saying it in slightly different ways, heh.

Quote:
After we decide where to start the season...how will we go about writing? Does each poster add a sentence, a paragraph.......?
We'll do it like the 300 word story game thread, hee. No, I don't know, how did the GG group do it?

I'm totally against the Jake getting Nina pregnant story, just to add my voice to that. I can see why Berlanti would want to do it, it would throw a conflict at the new Brown household, but he's ignoring how many stories there are to tell in that new household without throwing a baby at it. Such as Sam getting used to Andy (despite obviously still having a connection with Jake), how Andy and Nina figure out how to be married after years of friendship, Andy figuring out how to be a good husband, being a father to Sam, how Nina deals with Delia (bringing up their old bond from way back), Delia's teenage years and now having two parents again and how she handles that, how Ephram involves himself into this new dynamic, etc. That's what I hated most about that soapy idea from Berlanti: it ignored all the other story possibilites that were organic to the story already.

I guess that's a little comment on what stories need to be evolved: the new Brown household.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 01-13-2009, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Another storyline that needs to be evolved is the academic scene of Amy, Ephram, Hannah and Bright actually picking majors, applying themselves and interacting with each other and fellow students.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:12 PM
Master Fan

Oh, I am very much into the academic thing, for sure.

Okay, this is what the Gilmore Girls Virtual Season 8 group did: several of them got together to plot the course of the season (much as we're doing here), but then one or two of them would take on actually writing the individual episodes. They wrote them in story format, which we could do, or we could also just try writing them as scripts, which would be my personal preference. But anyway, that's one way to go -- taking turns on the writing duties.

Another method that might be easier, though, would be to stick with the episode format, but to have us each (individually or in pairs) take on particular storylines, and be responsible for writing those scenes throughout the course of the season, rather than be responsible for writing an entire episode. For example, I know I could write certain characters and scenes really well, but there are a number of other characters that someone else could write much better than I could. It all comes down to which character's speech patterns and methods of communication you can really get into, heh.

(If we decide to do it that way, I'm totally claiming Ephram, Bright, and Hannah's academic arcs, heh. Amy's I'm not so sure what to do with.)
Old 01-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I kind of like the idea of everyone contributing ideas and having one person write the script...namely you! Don't panic.....it's just an idea. I think that you would write our wonderful ideas very well.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread