Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

*KIBASH!!!!!!!!!*

hi all, sorry i haven't posted in a bit but i don't have access to a computer since mine is back at my apartment at school and i'm back home right now for break. So rest assured i'll have something for your guys at some point in the future... not that that isn't vague enough
Steve397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve397 (View Post)
*KIBASH!!!!!!!!!*

hi all, sorry i haven't posted in a bit but i don't have access to a computer since mine is back at my apartment at school and i'm back home right now for break. So rest assured i'll have something for your guys at some point in the future... not that that isn't vague enough
Hee, go vagueness! Enjoy the break and we'll look forward to the "something", hee.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Master Fan

New outline: Harold, Rose, and Edna

I also just edited in a line about Delia no longer having a crush on Bright in the Bright outline, hee. I'd forgotten that idea.
Thief Of Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Super, super outline, Thief.
I honestly wish that Berlanti and Rina were reading these and would tell us what they think of our ideas.
I really don't think that they would have come up with better ideas than these.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Master Fan

Another great one! And we'll have to come up with a few more ideas after the summary/outline tasks to refine that story as you've pointed out.

Quote:
I honestly wish that Berlanti and Rina were reading these and would tell us what they think of our ideas.
I really don't think that they would have come up with better ideas than these.
Maybe just Rina. Berlanti would be shocked that Nina isn't pregnant with Jake's baby and that Bright and Amy aren't dating. No, I agree fully.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 04-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

hey guys, sorry i haven't been here latley. I have two weeks left in school and i have a lot of papers to write. So if i'm not here much that is why. Once this is all done, and i graduate (w00t!), i'll be able to get some stuff collected and hopefully we can all move foward with this.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:42 PM
Master Fan

Looking forward to it, Steve. Only two more weeks left of school is exciting! I'd say enjoy your last two weeks, but you'll definitely be too busy with exams and papers!

I really suck at summaries, so I don't really have anything to contribute at the moment, other than to confirm that Thief's idea of Bright getting a glimpse of what he looks like to others in how pathetic he's being. It's a good jumping start to him improving himself, plus...Bright has a hilarious tendency to think of himself as amazing when he's doing good, but when he's low, he knows he's low (such as his self-deprecating humour and low self-esteem in "Goodbye, Love"), and he just can't get out of it. Getting a glimpse of what he looks like to others would be different than the ways he's gotten (sometimes temporarily) out of the depths of self-pity before. Plus it ties into the theme of self-improvement that his arc has all season. No one brings him out of this period of the season, he does it himself, seeing himself, etc.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Master Fan

I miss this thread. Oh, Leo and Steve, don't you know that Everwood Virtual Season 5 is way more important than, like, school and stuff? *sigh*

Heh, no, no. I think I might do another summary, maybe one for Andy/Nina/et al. I actually do have a lot of free time, so I should put it to some use on this.

Also, I've been contemplating some songs (all from the right time period -- everything could have legitimately been used in a S5 that aired during the 2006-07 season) that I'd like to use somewhere, which is probably silly when we haven't actually written any scenes yet, but, anyway:
  • "We Are the Sleepyheads" - Belle & Sebastian. Because 1.) B&S should be represented somewhere, hee, and 2.) It'd work in the background of an Ephram/Hannah conversation scene.
  • "That's the Way of the World" - Earth, Wind, and Fire. For Andy and Nina's wedding reception. I may have only thought of this because of Rev. Keyes using "September" at his, but it's a beautiful song regardless.
  • "Life in Disguise" - The Slip. Probably no one else here has ever heard this song, heh, but it'd be really excellent for one of those end-of-episode montages. Lyrically sad, but pretty.
  • "Steady As She Goes" - The Raconteurs. I'm not sure, exactly; I just can hear this in the background of an Ephram/Bright scene.

I want to come up with a good Camera Obscura song, too, but nothing's sounding quite right to me yet. And yes, all of this was completely useless, but I can't shut off the part of my brain that keeps working away at this project, hee.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief Of Love (View Post)
I miss this thread. Oh, Leo and Steve, don't you know that Everwood Virtual Season 5 is way more important than, like, school and stuff? *sigh*
Yeah, I know, but neglecting school interferes with my grand plan of... earning money someday... o.O
... that is a grand plan, okay?!

Quote:
And yes, all of this was completely useless, but I can't shut off the part of my brain that keeps working away at this project, hee.
And that's exactly how it should be!

(Sorry, I don't know the music in your selection that's why I can't comment on it... I don't listen to music very often, I and music had sort of a big fight when I was a kid and we haven't been talking much since... however, I trust your choice completely. )
Abomasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Master Fan

How did I miss this getting revived? How, I ask you?

I like the music choices so far. Everwood has such a distinct sound..it's really tough to tell what would work. I really think someone like Neko Case would fit. Everwood liked its female vocalists, heh, and she's indie enough, and I think she would work with a lot of the more romantic moments, such as early in the season when people are not finding love and have regrets and are thinking about their relationships, and even later in the season when characters are finding each other again.

ETA: Of course, the only song I can think of that fits from her 2006 album at the moment is "Dirty Knife" and that's only if we actually do have more Crazy Sarah, because that song is all about crazy people with dirty knives, hee.

ETA again: "Hold On, Hold On" is a good bleak song. It would be perfectly hopeless for Bright, except it's about a girl. Not that that's ever stopped him when he's been down, hee.

Last edited by 'Tos; 05-07-2009 at 10:54 PM
Old 05-25-2009, 11:33 PM
Master Fan

Hee, I was just moseying along page 2 and decided to drop in here, and discovered that you had two ETAs that I never saw.

1. We should totally do that first scenario. I can't think of a good reason why. We should just do it.

2. Let's face it, when confronted with emotional turmoil, Bright just turns into a giant girl anyway. Why not. His little Lilith Fair moment in "Enjoy the Ride" still cracks me up.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm embarrassed to say that I have never heard of these songs! When you guys talk music...I feel as if I'm reading Greek!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
How did I miss this getting revived? How, I ask you?
seriously when did this go and happen? So school is over and i started work this weekend. I won't be working during the weeks really so i'll be able to do something for this thread hopefully.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
seriously when did this go and happen? So school is over and i started work this weekend. I won't be working during the weeks really so i'll be able to do something for this thread hopefully.
Great news! Especially with summer coming and people having both more free time and less, it'd be nice to get some more progress on this baby during that period.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:03 PM
Master Fan

Yay, Steve! That'll be great.

Once we have all the major summaries worked up, what then? First we'll have to take care of any major plotholes, of course, but after that...where do we go next? I know I'm getting way ahead of things, heh, but just wondering how we want to structure our work on this project. When we have our season arcs figured out, I suppose then it would be time to take it to a more episodic level, seeing how the stories should be broken down over the course of the season?
Reply   Post New Thread