Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2011, 06:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a creative one (View Post)
I think he would have to 'woo' her, so to speak. Because Nina has always had this question 'would it work' or 'would our friendship end' or 'how would things change'.
Yeah, this is how I feel. I also agree with 'Tos on having that season three kiss mean something. I wanted to see Andy/Nina living together (with Delia and Sam, obviously) so I probably would have had them get together by the second half of season four, at the latest. They could show Nina kind of struggling with her decision (breakup with Jake, worry about the future) for a few episodes and then have Andy win her over for good.
Dolfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

and then everwood would be happy again....jake would've been gone a lot sooner.

because if he didn't have a relationship with nina, jake would not have stayed in Everwood. He was made for the big city
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
I think he would have to 'woo' her, so to speak. Because Nina has always had this question 'would it work' or 'would our friendship end' or 'how would things change'. To be honest, those thoughts and fears were apart of Nina even before Jake came to Everwood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan
Yeah, this is how I feel. I also agree with 'Tos on having that season three kiss mean something. I wanted to see Andy/Nina living together (with Delia and Sam, obviously) so I probably would have had them get together by the second half of season four, at the latest.
Good thoughts you too, agreed with both points 100%. That's why Nina would wait, and that's how long I would wait if I were one of the writers.

Just to add to why she would wait for Andy to woo her, I think Nina would also need a kind of mourning period after Jake left. She wouldn't just jump right to Andy, because Jake was a good guy. I know, we're having a discussion about writing him off a season early for good reason, but he was good to Nina, so I think Nina would respect that and I think the writers would respect that too. Oh, oh, and Andy has to earn Nina, he doesn't just get her. He did the grand gesture with the kiss, but now he needs to build on that and show consistency until Nina gets rid of the fears Patricia noted.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Just to add to why she would wait for Andy to woo her, I think Nina would also need a kind of mourning period after Jake left. She wouldn't just jump right to Andy, because Jake was a good guy. I know, we're having a discussion about writing him off a season early for good reason, but he was good to Nina, so I think Nina would respect that and I think the writers would respect that too. Oh, oh, and Andy has to earn Nina, he doesn't just get her. He did the grand gesture with the kiss, but now he needs to build on that and show consistency until Nina gets rid of the fears Patricia noted.
Absolutely agree with this.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
To be honest, those thoughts and fears were apart of Nina even before Jake came to Everwood.
I'm not sure about that. I think that Nina was really taken with Andy from the very first time she met him. The problem was..Andy kept putting road blocks between him and her...first Linda...then Amanda. By this point, Nina had "had it". She kind of gave up, so when Jake came along, Nina took her mind off of Andy and concentrated on Jake.

Quote:
Just to add to why she would wait for Andy to woo her, I think Nina would also need a kind of mourning period after Jake left. She wouldn't just jump right to Andy, because Jake was a good guy. I know, we're having a discussion about writing him off a season early for good reason, but he was good to Nina, so I think Nina would respect that and I think the writers would respect that too.
She would respect that..but only because it was the right thing to do...not because she didn't want to jump at the chance to be with Andy. I really believe that. You knew the depth of her feelings for Andy by just looking at her face while he was removing lice from her hair!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
She would respect that..but only because it was the right thing to do...not because she didn't want to jump at the chance to be with Andy. I really believe that. You knew the depth of her feelings for Andy by just looking at her face while he was removing lice from her hair!
I still think Andy has to prove himself, though. What you're talking about, that Nina had "had it" with Andy, I think we're all saying the same thing in a different way, heh, that Andy needs to consistently prove himself to Nina, that he loves her, that he's going to commit and be with her. Nina definitely has those looks on her face, but it's a different story to be in a relationship with Nina, and I don't think Andy would have earned that with just a kiss. Almost earned it with just a kiss, though!

Honestly, can you all believe that she went BACK to Jake after that kiss? WTF? That's just as surreal as Amy not getting back together with Ephram after his "I love you" in the postcard scene!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 05-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Honestly, can you all believe that she went BACK to Jake after that kiss? WTF? That's just as surreal as Amy not getting back together with Ephram after his "I love you" in the postcard scene!
I think they were both nuts!
Old 05-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I think they were both nuts!
No doubt. Or the Brown men are just really bad kissers!

Who is more nuts, Amy for not getting back with Ephram after the Postcard scene, or Nina not breaking up with Jake after kissing Andy?

Pretty tough call!
Old 05-16-2011, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
No doubt. Or the Brown men are just really bad kissers!
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially not Ephram. There was quality there...if not quantity.

Who is more nuts, Amy for not getting back with Ephram after the Postcard scene, or Nina not breaking up with Jake after kissing Andy?

Hmmm...I'd have to say...Amy is more nuts. Only because Nina and Andy were never romantically involved...Nina did have a boyfriend.
Now....Amy had a history with Ephram....I'm sure she still had strong feelings for him that she was trying to forget....here he was....declaring his love for her after having sex with her.....after explaining the postcard saga.....He looked beautiful.....how could Amy resist all of this?
Old 05-16-2011, 07:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Hmm...yeah, I'll agree with Amy. However, I also thought that she was also being very strong and it was good maturity for her: she needed to be on her own.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Master Fan

Betty, I knew that would get a rise out of you!

I'm going to go dark horse and say Nina. For me, I hated that Amy decided to not get together with Ephram there, but she did have a reason. She justified it to herself, that she needed her Europe (up to debate if she ever got one). For me, Nina never was able to justify her choice in the same way. She was clearly not as in love with Jake, not as happy with Jake, as she would be with Andy. Yet she chose to stay with Jake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
However, I also thought that she was also being very strong and it was good maturity for her: she needed to be on her own.
That's true. As Betty said, how could Amy resist what Ephram did and expressed. But she did. That shows a kind of strength and a kind of willpower. And for once in her romantic life, she decided to make a choice for her instead of for someone else.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Did Ephram come back such a different person that Amy felt like she needed some wide open experience too?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 05-17-2011, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

Absolutely. Ephram came back (with some help from Andy and Kyle) with a whole new outlook on life and himself. He went through some serious introspection and grew up a lot. No wonder Amy wanted to do the same thing.

Although, you have to wonder if she didn't go through a similar experience after coming through her depression. She matured, had a new outlook on her life and herself.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I'd have to say Amy as well it's just because she had the same feelings as Ephram did, obviously, since they slept together. And he basically gives her his heart full of notes nad memories and she just leaves? Well it was in the middle of the night, but she doesn't do anything to give that love back to him?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 05-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Master Fan

Here's a little question for everyone:

If Amy had gotten back together with Ephram during the Postcard Scene like we all wished, how it would it have changed their stories for the rest of the season? I mean..obviously there's no Ferris Wheel, but what else changes for them as characters?
Reply   Post New Thread