Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2011, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The whole Ferris Wheel scene is very cliche and so on but it still gives me the goosebumps and chills everytime I see it. Since they had to end with season 4 I was happy that the ending scene was between Amy/Ephram. In my opinion that scene was the perfect end and even talking about it makes me now decide to go back on youtube and enjoy it
Rolfi, This scene was recently posted on the Greenies thread.....

http://www.fanforum.com/54886592-post169.html

Enjoy!

Quote:
But yeah, what got me thinking was Rolfi Cole's statement about Ephram/Bright not having a good funny closure scene, so that's why all of the above came to my mind
I would have liked to have more closure between Ephram/Bright as well. I don't like the fact that their last meeting involved Bright telling Ephram that Amy was no longer interested in him. That scene still riles me up just thinking about it. I can't understand how Bright could say that after witnessing Amy so obviously jealous of Stephanie at the Bat Mitzvah and witnessing Amy dancing with Ephram....which had so much heat that I'm surprised the dance floor did not burst into flames!
Seriously, how could Bright say that to Ephram with so much certainty?! I would have liked to see a scene between Bright and Ephram after the Ferris Wheel scene...(of course in another episode)...just to see what would have been said.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Well, ideally, I would have liked for Andy and Nina to get together before the finale - maybe mid season or something like that with Andy proposing in the finale. This way we could have seen a little bit of the home life and had a scene with Andy talking to Delia and Ephram about it (we never did, right?). I'm sure they'd both be okay with it but they could have even showed that: no drama necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I would have liked to have more closure between Ephram/Bright as well. I don't like the fact that their last meeting involved Bright telling Ephram that Amy was no longer interested in him. That scene still riles me up just thinking about it. I can't understand how Bright could say that after witnessing Amy so obviously jealous of Stephanie at the Bat Mitzvah and witnessing Amy dancing with Ephram....which had so much heat that I'm surprised the dance floor did not burst into flames!
Seriously, how could Bright say that to Ephram with so much certainty?! I would have liked to see a scene between Bright and Ephram after the Ferris Wheel scene...(of course in another episode)...just to see what would have been said.
That's true. I'm thinking that it was Bright's way of "protecting" the both of them because he knew how much they actually did care about each other but didn't want them to hurt each other again.
Dolfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan
Well, ideally, I would have liked for Andy and Nina to get together before the finale - maybe mid season or something like that with Andy proposing in the finale. This way we could have seen a little bit of the home life and had a scene with Andy talking to Delia and Ephram about it (we never did, right?). I'm sure they'd both be okay with it but they could have even showed that: no drama necessary.
That's very true. I guess they had planned for a lot of that to happen in S5, but it also seems to me that they kind of planned ahead knowing that there was a good chance we wouldn't get one (Andy/Ephram come full circle, Andy's father, Irv passes away, Ephram becomes a man, chooses his career, etc), so that would have been perfect. Plus, no ruining Nina with the Jake crap and having her almost leave with him!

Andy does talk to Delia in the S3 finale about Nina, and Delia says she's all for it, which was awesome. So, I think they did that. With Ephram...I kind of like that it was just understood between them, that we didn't need a scene, but that Ephram just supported Andy without any real words between them on it.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:54 AM
Loyal Fan

That's true. I forgot about Andy and Delia talking about it. And, yeah, Ephram was obviously for it as well.

I wonder what they would have done differently had they known that the show was getting cancelled for sure (rather than kind of holding it hostage like they did). I'm guessing Jake would have been written off earlier. Probably the only real thing they would have changed.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan13 (View Post)
I wonder what they would have done differently had they known that the show was getting cancelled for sure (rather than kind of holding it hostage like they did). I'm guessing Jake would have been written off earlier. Probably the only real thing they would have changed.
Why do you think that would have been, Dolfan? So that that Andy and Nina would have more time with each other?
Old 04-30-2011, 01:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Why do you think that would have been, Dolfan? So that that Andy and Nina would have more time with each other?
Yeah. It would have been interesting to see them get together and being a family with Delia and Sam, as well. Plus, like Tos mentioned in another thread, Jake didn't have a lot to do in the second half of the season (right? I'm having trouble remembering) so they probably could have written him off in the middle of the last season.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

How would you have written Jake off of the show in S4, and when would you have done it?

Seemed like the obvious question, hee.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 05-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

Double posting lest it stay on the graveyard page.

Personally, I would have written off Jake at the end of S3, seeing the Nina/Andy kiss and confronting Nina and Nina apologizing, but saying she can't hide her feelings anymore. I think he'd stick around a few episodes into S4 to maybe confront Andy, finish off his story as a doctor and with Edna and have a scene with Nina, and then he heads back to California. You get Strong Nina, which is something that was missing from the Jake storyline that we did get and you get Andy and Nina together sooner, which I think is something we all wanted to see. Plus, it means that kiss actually means something in terms of the story, instead of it meaning very little. It was a big moment in the S3 finale, one of my favourites, and it ended up not really mattering even though it was a major decision by Andy to go over and kiss Nina.

I mean, this is all in a perfect world where you don't have to worry about actor contracts. Which, if that was the case, could we also rewrite Amanda?
Old 05-09-2011, 06:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Honestly, I agree. I liked Jake for the most part and felt kind of bad he got (pretty much) a bad ending. So, with that said, it wouldn't have been as bad by ending his story after the season three season ending kiss. It would give Andy/Nina a whole season and Andy and Jake wouldn't have been played (for lack of a better term) by Nina all fourth season.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Honestly, I agree. I liked Jake for the most part and felt kind of bad he got (pretty much) a bad ending. So, with that said, it wouldn't have been as bad by ending his story after the season three season ending kiss. It would give Andy/Nina a whole season and Andy and Jake wouldn't have been played (for lack of a better term) by Nina all fourth season.
Excellent point. We would get a strong Nina, but also a decisive Nina. I know those two qualities tend to go hand in hand, but something that really angered people about Nina in S4 is how she couldn't make up her mind.

Frankly, Jake sticking around hurt Nina, and it didn't really do much for Jake either. He didn't become a better character or anything, probably worse if anything. So they kind of hurt Nina for no real reason. Other than star power, which is the same thing with Andy and Amanda. Kind of an odd choice to hurt two of your main characters for star power, heh.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, that's true. They did a great job with star power with Marcia Cross in season two and I guess they felt they could go to the well again.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah, that's true. They did a great job with star power with Marcia Cross in season two and I guess they felt they could go to the well again.
Oh, yes, good point with Marcia Cross. She was great, they had a ready made story for her (even if we had never--I believe--heard about Harold's sister before). It seemed like they struggled with what to do with Anne Heche and Scott Wolf. Jake, in particular, seemed to tread water at different points in S3 and S4. And Anne Heche...well, what they did could NOT have been planned, unless they specifically planned to harm their main character and make him unlikable.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
So what you're saying is that even though Jake would be out of the picture...Nina would not instantly go to Andy. Andy would have have to woo her?
Old 05-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
So what you're saying is that even though Jake would be out of the picture...Nina would not instantly go to Andy. Andy would have have to woo her?
Good question. I know what I'm leaning towards, but I'll let Dolfan go first!
Old 05-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think he would have to 'woo' her, so to speak. Because Nina has always had this question 'would it work' or 'would our friendship end' or 'how would things change'. To be honest, those thoughts and fears were apart of Nina even before Jake came to Everwood. Nina didn't just fall in love with Andy when Jake came along, or after Carl's gay man status was revealed. She fell in love with him probably right after Andy and Ephram's heart stopping fight in the middle of the street in the second episode.

I think Nina would've still had hold off. Jake just gave her an excuse to not get involved with Andy and take the big risk.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread