Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2011, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan13 (View Post)
I mean the idea with his funeral being 40 years later. I agree with Tos that if it happened in the series finale (season four) it would have been way too soon (episode wise) after Irv's passing.
It would most definitely be too soon. Andy needs to experience being a grandfather. What an awesome grandfather he would be.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan13 (View Post)
I mean the idea with his funeral being 40 years later. I agree with Tos that if it happened in the series finale (season four) it would have been way too soon (episode wise) after Irv's passing.
I can agree with that, because Andy would be like 90 or something
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan
Agreed.

Honestly, you have to wonder about the logistics of that funeral ending (which has never come from any of the writers, so I kind of wish it was taken down from Wikipedia just so it doesn't mislead people, even though quite a few fans like it and justifiably so), but who would even be at that funeral? I hate to say it, but not many of our favourite characters over, like, 25. Edna sure wouldn't be there, Harold sure wouldn't be there (), Rose, Nina would be in a walker or something...man, it would just be hella depressing!

I get the idea of it and why a fan put it up there because it does fit with the beginning being a death and all, but I think the point of the series, as Berlanti alludes to in the S1 DVD, is all the good that ultimately comes from one family's tragedy. It's what happens after that funeral we see in the pilot, not the funeral itself, where that journey truly begins.

Yeah, that has absolutely nothing to do at all with what anyone said, just some random rambles at 12:00am.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

and I doubt any of Andy's colleagues would be there.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 03-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

I was, at first, sad seeing the ending when I did.. but as others have hinted, the first time it was strongly affected by the fact that you knew it was the very last scene of the series, very last words, last looks onto the mountains afar.. but a fitting ending, those who need to understand, do Those who don't, say it's too 'fairy-taleish'.

Loved the comparison someone made about the ending being like a closure of a book, turning the final page and closing the cover - perfect!
Old 03-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

and I had to go and reopen it
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 03-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amont (View Post)
I was, at first, sad seeing the ending when I did.. but as others have hinted, the first time it was strongly affected by the fact that you knew it was the very last scene of the series, very last words, last looks onto the mountains afar.. but a fitting ending, those who need to understand, do
Very nicely said, Amont. Agreed completely. Us fans understand the ending, get why it's so important, and that's all that matters.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 03-06-2011, 12:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

at least we got a proper ending.

I remember watching Dr. Quinn and everyone is waiting for the show to return, find out what happened and it never came back
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 03-09-2011, 02:01 PM
Master Fan

Aw, Dr. Quinn. I used to watch that show with my mom every week when I was a weer lad.

Quote:
at least we got a proper ending.
You think we bitch at Dawn Ostroff and the CW and Warner Bros. now? Imagine how angry we would be if we didn't even get an actual ending!
Old 03-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't imagine Foreverwood Part 1 being the last It would be insane!
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 03-10-2011, 05:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by a creative one (View Post)
I can't imagine Foreverwood Part 1 being the last It would be insane!
If that had happened....Everwood fans would have had a murder on the hands....Dawn's!!!!!!!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

Random question:

A lot of fans have remarked that there should have been more Andy/Ephram in the final, or a bigger scene between them.

So, what kind of scene would you put them in in "Foreverwood" part 1 and 2, and what one scene would you take out to fit it in?
Old 04-20-2011, 12:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
So, what kind of scene would you put them in in "Foreverwood" part 1 and 2, and what one scene would you take out to fit it in?
I don't remember the finale to a T, so I wouldn't add to anything and I wouldn't know what to replace.

I would have wanted to see Ephram and Andy after Andy got engaged. Ephram (after seeing Foreverwood: Part I) was really supportive in telling Nina what he told her. (again, I don't remember)

The two guys had such big moments in their lives, one planned, and one not planned (at least to his knowledge). We never had that moment where everything was finally good. Nina and Andy got together at like the last two seconds of the show and we didn't get much. I would have liked to see Andy and Ephram just talk about what's going on. And Ephram telling him that Amy showed up at his apartment with the Ferris Wheel and they're back together.

Just the idea that they're best moments in their lives and they'd want each other to know about 'em.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 04-20-2011, 05:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a creative one (View Post)
And Ephram telling him that Amy showed up at his apartment with the Ferris Wheel and they're back together.

Just the idea that they're best moments in their lives and they'd want each other to know about 'em.
I agree that they could have had a "better" finish for the viewers sake but I wouldn't have added any scene after the Ferris Wheel ending. The whole Ferris Wheel scene is very cliche and so on but it still gives me the goosebumps and chills everytime I see it. Since they had to end with season 4 I was happy that the ending scene was between Amy/Ephram. In my opinion that scene was the perfect end and even talking about it makes me now decide to go back on youtube and enjoy it
OMG so much I love Amy/Ephram and how much I wished there was more than 4 seasons!

Another thing I really missed was the Bright/Ephram relationship, I mean Bright/Ephram and Andy/Harold was just the best, those couples could create the funniest scenes ever!!
You can't take the sky from me
Rolfi Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

Maybe there could've been like an aftermath scene, showing how Andy/Nina are happily living together, Ephram beginning his career as a piano-teacher somewhere (probably not in Everwood though) with Amy by his side and being supportive all the time.. then Hannah going to college, keeping in touch with Amy (really close friend), Harold/Rose raising their little child. Bright staying in Everwood, saying goodbye to all his friends Ephram (especially), his sister Amy and of course Hannah (but that was already in the series, the mountain-top thing). Stuff like that. Like a closure to everybody, so we'd know what happened to them. We got some of these, but yeah.. I'm just imagining, you know. But implementing all of this together with the final Ferris Wheel scene would be difficult I know. Oooor.. all this might be our imaginable Season 5 material But yeah, what got me thinking was Rolfi Cole's statement about Ephram/Bright not having a good funny closure scene, so that's why all of the above came to my mind
Reply   Post New Thread