Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Loyal Fan

I never knew this thread existed so thank you for bumping it.

I wouldn't have liked the ending with Andy's funeral and I'm glad they didn't use it.

The ending that I always thought would have been perfect was this...
Everyone gathered around at the Brown's for a dinner sometime later (two, three years). The scene could have been a minute long with with everyone laughing and talking to each other. You didn't even need sound - could have ended it with one of Blake Neely's amazing scores. You could even have things like Amy or Nina (or both!) pregnant. Sure, it'd be a little cheesy, but who cares?

I loved the finale. I would have wanted some things different like Nina and Andy getting together before then but I don't blame them at all for having to rush things. The ferris wheel scene was a fairy tale ending but the fans deserved a fairy tale ending. In reality, the show was canceled because of the idiots at the network, but in the Everwood world things ended happily ever after.
Dolfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Master Fan

I do agree that there was a certain amount of sadness or tragedy, a sad spirit, in the show, Fabio. I do think that there are a few moments that reflect that in the finale: mainly Andy visiting Julia's headstone and Delia lighting a candle for her mother who is no longer there. Also Edna's story. I think it ends with some hope because she's with Rose and Harold and in their lives, but Edna is filled with sadness at the end still, and I think if we had a S5, we would have seen her going through a lot of mourning.

What other kinds of sadness would you liked to have seen? I felt the S3 finale was too happy, so I understand where you're coming from on that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan
Everyone gathered around at the Brown's for a dinner sometime later (two, three years). The scene could have been a minute long with with everyone laughing and talking to each other. You didn't even need sound - could have ended it with one of Blake Neely's amazing scores. You could even have things like Amy or Nina (or both!) pregnant. Sure, it'd be a little cheesy, but who cares?
Oh, I like that, Dolfan. I know one of Betty's desires from the finale is that everyone got to enjoy in the ending. This accomplishes that. Plus, you know, it's an ensemble! How cool would it have been to end the show with all of our favourite characters. Pluuus, the show always made "cheesy" work, and I think this definitely would have worked too.

I do have the say the element that I LOVED about the ending was the pan up on the town and Blake's score, do you think that could still work with your idea? Like, we see everyone laughing and enjoying themselves, and then the camera pans over out the window (kind of like "The Great Doctor Brown") and then over the town?

Quote:
The ferris wheel scene was a fairy tale ending but the fans deserved a fairy tale ending. In reality, the show was canceled because of the idiots at the network, but in the Everwood world things ended happily ever after.
Aw, yes! Very true.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
I do have the say the element that I LOVED about the ending was the pan up on the town and Blake's score, do you think that could still work with your idea? Like, we see everyone laughing and enjoying themselves, and then the camera pans over out the window (kind of like "The Great Doctor Brown") and then over the town?
Absolutely!

Could you imagine if the show ended on a cliffhanger (with the rumored Madison return) and then have gotten canceled? Good thing we got an ending they wanted!
Old 03-03-2011, 12:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I was also saddened that we didn't get to see Ephram and Amy get back together romantically until the last scene of the very last episode of Everwood.
I know the ending was great and all, but I don't exactly think of it as romantic Jerry Yes I do agree that the characters and fans both deserved a romantic reunion, or something better than bringing the Ferris Wheel at the last moment to have them get back together. I wanted to see a morning after, Ephram and Amy together, holding hands and going to places and thinking about the future.

And same goes to Andy/Nina. They so got short changed. We never got any relationship stuff with Andy/Nina at all until like the last five minutes of Everwood. I wanted to see Andy really start over again. Really be the guy who's in tune in the relationship and Nina taking on a new family...not new, Andy and his kids have been family to Nina since day one. But yeah, definitely missed out.

I would have really loved to see Bright/Hannah working things out. It seemed that if we just got a few more episodes, like 12 in the fifth season that we would've had that happen. I just had so much hope for them, because in the end, it was Bright who was fighting for Hannah when Hannah fought for Bright so hard in the beginning.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:51 AM
New Fan

Quote:
I do agree that there was a certain amount of sadness or tragedy, a sad spirit, in the show, Fabio. I do think that there are a few moments that reflect that in the finale: mainly Andy visiting Julia's headstone and Delia lighting a candle for her mother who is no longer there. Also Edna's story. I think it ends with some hope because she's with Rose and Harold and in their lives, but Edna is filled with sadness at the end still, and I think if we had a S5, we would have seen her going through a lot of mourning.

What other kinds of sadness would you liked to have seen? I felt the S3 finale was too happy, so I understand where you're coming from on that!

don't know.. the final 1 was good, the 2 too cause that dream... you re right about julia and edna but don t know why i still think is too happy
Blue Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
What other kinds of sadness would you liked to have seen? I felt the S3 finale was too happy, so I understand where you're coming from on that
I don't know if I'm misinterpreting this, but, what was it about the season 3 finale that was too happy?
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I don't know if I'm misinterpreting this, but, what was it about the season 3 finale that was too happy?
Mostly what we've all talked about before: none of the characters being affected by Ephram leaving town. All the characters acted like nothing was different. When your son, brother, ex-boyfriend or best friend leaves town, you think you'd talk about it!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 03-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Mostly what we've all talked about before: none of the characters being affected by Ephram leaving town. All the characters acted like nothing was different. When your son, brother, ex-boyfriend or best friend leaves town, you think you'd talk about it!
Oh! Now I understand. I thought you meant that what happened at the end of season 3 made the viewers happy. I know that I was miserable.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Oh! Now I understand. I thought you meant that what happened at the end of season 3 made the viewers happy. I know that I was miserable.
Me too. I think the writers tried to kind of have the audience focus on something else, so they filled it with a lot of positive things like Andy kissing Nina or Bright and Hannah getting together. But for us fans, it wasn't positive at all to have an episode without Ephram, even if we liked those positive moments.

Quote:
Could you imagine if the show ended on a cliffhanger (with the rumored Madison return) and then have gotten canceled? Good thing we got an ending they wanted!
Exactly!! Yes, I really appreciate that the writers knew that the show had to have an ending and gave us one and made the effort to have alternate scenes. Other shows have gone the cliffhanger route, trying to force another season, and when it doesn't work, the fans don't have an ending at all. Our show needed an ending, no doubt.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:45 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Me too. I think the writers tried to kind of have the audience focus on something else, so they filled it with a lot of positive things like Andy kissing Nina or Bright and Hannah getting together. But for us fans, it wasn't positive at all to have an episode without Ephram, even if we liked those positive moments.

Exactly!! Yes, I really appreciate that the writers knew that the show had to have an ending and gave us one and made the effort to have alternate scenes. Other shows have gone the cliffhanger route, trying to force another season, and when it doesn't work, the fans don't have an ending at all. Our show needed an ending, no doubt.
don t know but the idea of andy s funeral sounds good to me
Old 03-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Valentine (View Post)
don t know but the idea of andy s funeral sounds good to me
I do like that the show would have ended with the focus on Andy with that ending. But I also don't think I would have liked the thought of Andy dead, especially only an episode after Irv died. It would be very hard to go through.

But it's interesting, a lot of fans like "Goodbye, Love" (the episode with Irv's funeral) more than the finale, so I think you're onto something with the spirit of sadness on the show, Fabio.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Loyal Fan

I think I would have liked the ending idea with Andy's funeral if there had been another season.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:52 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I do like that the show would have ended with the focus on Andy with that ending. But I also don't think I would have liked the thought of Andy dead, especially only an episode after Irv died. It would be very hard to go through.

But it's interesting, a lot of fans like "Goodbye, Love" (the episode with Irv's funeral) more than the finale, so I think you're onto something with the spirit of sadness on the show, Fabio.
probably

but think :40 years after....the idea was this,not just an accident...
Old 03-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan13 (View Post)
I think I would have liked the ending idea with Andy's funeral if there had been another season.
you'd want to see Andy die??!?!?!?!
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a creative one (View Post)
you'd want to see Andy die??!?!?!?!
I mean the idea with his funeral being 40 years later. I agree with Tos that if it happened in the series finale (season four) it would have been way too soon (episode wise) after Irv's passing.
Reply   Post New Thread