Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2011, 11:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

01) When did you first start watching Everwood?
A year or so ago on a dvd rental

02) What made you first start watching?
I always knew the fan campagns for Everwood were strong, and I'd always wanted to watch it, so I did.

03) Favorite season and why did you love this season so much?
Season 3...Everything happened that season that shaped every character. All the emotions, even the harder emotions really gave a look into what they're all about.

04) Rank the seasons, your favorite to your least favorite:
S1...S3...S4...S2

05) Favorite character and why do you like this character?
Bright...He started out as one person. Well he really started out not knowing who he was. He was only defined as Colin's friend or Amy's brother or Doctor Abbot's son...but nothing described Bright. And through the seasons, Bright identified himself. And he didn't go through the best experiences, but he went through a lot of tough things. And he put himself out there, really finding who he was. Now we can all agree that his experiences had negative consequences, but does that discount the man he turned out to be?

06) Least favorite character and why don't you like this character?
I'll agree with the post above. AMANDA! She served no purpose. Cheating on her husband who couldn't do anything but sit there and move his eyes from one side to the other. And cheating on him with his own doctor! And then making it out to be like a real relationship? A real relationship allows public outtings to dinner, maybe dancing, holding hands around town. They couldn't do any of that. And she turned Andy into this....cheater. Something he had experience with before, but on the other side.

07) Favorite storyline of all time is:
Ephram/Andy, babygate. I know it's not a popular subject with all of us. But if Andy and Ephram had come so far from when they first moved to Everwood, then they could handle anything. And the lie about Madison's pregnancy was a major rift. And it didn't seem like they took any steps at all towards being a father/son relationship. The storyline showed that they had made progress from where they were with Julia's death and how Andy treated the family...but it didn't seem to matter once Ephram found out about Andy's lie. And the fact that Andy felt he had to lie to Ephram every..day about something so important. It was so harsh and rude that Andy would lie to his own son and continuously do it over and over again. Who knows where/when Ephram could have found out if he didn't find out from Madison in the coffee shop in New York. Andy just ripped apart all the progress they made by lying to Ephram.

08) Least Favorite storyline of all time:
Andy/Amanda. Not only did it discredit Andy as a doctor and Amanda was a **** in my opinion. But he just ripped apart any idea that he had of saving his own marriage when Julia was alive? Sneaking around, meeting during lunch for sex. How awful did it have to get before Andy realized that it's not going to work. I mean it's just the worst thing Andy could do. He tortured himself, his family...everyone. And he really put Julia to shame. He said he would never cheat on his wife, which I believe he wouldn't. But he'd have an affair with a married woman. What's the difference?

09) Favorite romantic couple/s and why:
tie between Andy/Nina and Ephram/Amy. But I'd have to go with Andy/Ephram on this one. They were very romantic towards each other even when they weren't dating, the two fo them just didn't realize it.

10) Least favorite romantic couple/s and why:
I agree on the fimiliar tune on this one. I'd take Andy/Jake over Amanda/Andy any day. All I'm gonna say!

11) Are you currently watching the show in rerunland?
not really...focusing on work and other stuff But always thinking about it.

12) If we would have had a season 5, what storylines were you the most interested in following?
Delia/Ephram getting closer and him telling her about Madison's pregnancy, since Madison was supossed to come back in the end. Andy/Nina getting married and starting their life together. And of course Bright/Hannah getting back together because we all knew it was just a matter of time

13) If you could tell the CW one thing regarding their decision not to take Everwood, what would you tell them?
I'm happy the way it ended. But to renew something with belief it will succeed, but then rip it away and put on something just because of ratings is just selfish. They chose money over quality. 7th Heaven was just the dumbest move by any network. You know those
shows that have the celebrity OOPS moments. CW would make the top 5 IMO

14) Best looking actor?
between Chris Pratt and Gregory Smith. I tend to choose Gregory more because of his unrelenting heart and passion for the work he does.

15) Best looking actress?
EmVanCamp and Sarah Drew was quite pretty

16) Are you satisfied with the Series Finale?
Yeah, I think I am

17) Favorite episode of all time?
The series finale (part 1). Ephram telling Nina about the ring and how ANdy was going to propose. How he accepted Nina into the family. Coming from Ephram and how close he was to Julia, that means a lot.

18) Most talented actor?
Treat Williams and Gregory Smith. Greg doing the first season was just... he had so much anger for Ephram, I couldn't get enough

19) Most talented actress?
EmVanCamp. Her season 2 dramatic scenes were flawless.

20) If you could explain in a few sentences to someone who has never seen the show WHY they should tune in and watch, what would you say?
Because it gives a sense of family that through trials and tribulations really worked together to form something unforgettable. And the people around them asw the passion and identified with it. So through their experiences with this family, they also found thier passion as well.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviecritic315 (View Post)
01) When did you first start watching Everwood?
I first started watching Everwood April 2011... my brother and I just ended it a few days ago : (

02) What made you first start watching?
My brother's insistence ^_^ It's funny, he always raved about Friday Night Lights and Everwood and I didn't think I'd warm to either; now, once I wrapped FNL, I loved it and decided to give Everwood and shot and, well.. here I am!

03) Favorite season and why did you love this season so much?
I absolutely love the whole series because I think there's a tremendous build that occurs beautifully over the span of those four years, but storyline-wise is a tie between S1 and S4.. it's sort of the beginning and closing of a ring.

04) Rank the seasons, your favorite to your least favorite:
S1
S4
S2
S3

05) Favorite character and why do you like this character?
Oh God, this is tough only because I can find something relatable in each character... ok, um... I would have to say Edna because she's a tough cookie, but she has a vulnerable interior. Plus, she has some of the best lines in the series : )

06) Least favorite character and why don't you like this character?
Amanda. I had a queasy feeling that something would develop between Amanda and Andy, and once that feeling was confirmed, ugh... I also hated the turn that his character took because of her. Completely useless.

07) Favorite storyline of all time is:
Maybe because it's fresh in my mind, but I really loved Ephram's storyline with Kyle. It matures Ephram so much and he evolves into someone who doesn't, as he puts it, "save people, but helps them save themselves." His character becomes so much more grounded because of that experience. I also liked Amy's storyline season 2 - I thought Emily's acting was heartbreaking... the emotional toll Colin's death took on her and thereby everyone else was truly heartwrenching and had me feeling all the things she must've been feeling as well.

08) Least Favorite storyline of all time:
Again, Andy/Amanda. What was Berlanti thinking? I understand Andy isn't perfect, but my goodness - it all went against his code of honor and what made him so endearing.

09) Favorite romantic couple/s and why:
Ephram and Amy of course. Those two underwent so much both together and apart. I also love Andy and Nina and how it all played out.

10) Least favorite romantic couple/s and why:
Andy and Amanda... singing a familiar tune, ey?

11) Are you currently watching the show in rerunland?
DVD land!

12) If we would have had a season 5, what storylines were you the most interested in following?
I heard Delia was supposed to be given more time to bloom, so that would've been interesting. She's such a beautiful character; I almost feel like she operates as the heart of the show - so young and innocent, yet wise and perceptive.

13) If you could tell the CW one thing regarding their decision not to take Everwood, what would you tell them?
I'm happy the show ended when it did.

14) Best looking actor?
Gregory Smith.

15) Best looking actress?
Emily VanCamp.

16) Are you satisfied with the Series Finale?
Absolutely.

17) Favorite episode of all time?
I'll get back to this.

18) Most talented actor?
Treat Williams

19) Most talented actress?
Emily VanCamp

20) If you could explain in a few sentences to someone who has never seen the show WHY they should tune in and watch, what would you say?
You won't see another show with quite as much heart and integrity as this one.
Heh, it's amazing, you're a "new" fan, but you've got the same ranking of the seasons as most of us do! I'm so glad that you ended up loving S4. If we had to get a final season, you can't ask for a better one that that. You spelled out Ephram's growth perfectly. Was Kyle your favourite "guest" character?

Agreed completely with both you and Patricia on Amanda/Andy. We were hoping you'd have a new perspective on that one and be able to explain it to us, but I don't think it CAN be explained.

Interesting point about Delia in S5. Where would you have liked for the writers to take her?

Oh, oh, and Colin fan or not a Colin fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
Andy/Nina getting married and starting their life together.
That's what I wanted to see most too, Patricia.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Patrica, that was an interesting perspective on your favorite storyline (babygate). I have never looked at it that way.
Quote:
I'd take Andy/Jake over Amanda/Andy any day.
You know....so would I! I'd rather a gay Andy, than an Amanda/Andy pairing...seriously!

Moviecritic, I agree with most of your views....I also loved season 4 and 1 the best...and season 3 the least (except for episode 9) ...

Quote:
I'm happy the show ended when it did.
Regarding this response....I need more of an explanation.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Heh, it's amazing, you're a "new" fan, but you've got the same ranking of the seasons as most of us do! I'm so glad that you ended up loving S4. If we had to get a final season, you can't ask for a better one that that. You spelled out Ephram's growth perfectly. Was Kyle your favourite "guest" character?

Agreed completely with both you and Patricia on Amanda/Andy. We were hoping you'd have a new perspective on that one and be able to explain it to us, but I don't think it CAN be explained.

Interesting point about Delia in S5. Where would you have liked for the writers to take her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I think I know the answers to both of these but I'm interested in seeing the reasoning, as well.

Just a heads up: I'm not sure if my sister will post much or if she'll stay long but at least she posted!
Dolfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan13 (View Post)
Just a heads up: I'm not sure if my sister will post much or if she'll stay long but at least she posted!
Do you mean we drove her away already?!?
Old 08-23-2011, 01:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
how can you explain something you hate when it tears something apart that you love?

It definitely drove a wedge between Andy/Nina and we all know my thoughts on Andy/Nina

Quote:
I know Ephram was Delia's age in New York and New York is a lot faster growing experience than Everwood. But I expect Delia to go on dates, like boys more. And maybe finally found out why Andy/Eprham had a rift about Madison.

Quote:
Definitely not

Quote:
You know....so would I! I'd rather a gay Andy, than an Amanda/Andy pairing...seriously!
Gay Andy would hit on Harold on Day 1 of Everwood. They'd be the hottest Doctor Duo in town

Quote:
apparently she wasn't given the pre Everwood Board talk about what kind of effect we can have on others
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:45 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Nah, not at all. I'm just not sure how often she's going to be checking out the site!
Old 08-23-2011, 09:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan13 (View Post)
Nah, not at all. I'm just not sure how often she's going to be checking out the site!
Oh, we got you from a lurker to a regular poster, we'll get her too!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 08-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Oh, we got you from a lurker to a regular poster, we'll get her too!
Yes, we have our ways.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yes, we have our ways.
Also known as the mind-altering drugs that Andy talked about using on Ephram if he needed to.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:33 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Patrica, that was an interesting perspective on your favorite storyline (babygate). I have never looked at it that way.

Moviecritic, I agree with most of your views....I also loved season 4 and 1 the best...and season 3 the least (except for episode 9) ...

Well, after hearing some of the storylines that were being outlined for Season 5.. :shudders: I don't think there was any need to prolong the story after it arrived at such a beautiful and satisfying conclusion. To be honest, I think a show's life span doesn't necessarily need to exceed four or five seasons to tell the story because then things tend to get silly, incoherent, insincere.

I love that this story was told over a span of four years. It reminds me of the seasonal cycle... at first you have autumn, the beginnings of change and fear of the unknown, told primarily from Ephram and Andy's perspective; then we have winter, where a death has torn the Abbott's apart and they must each heal individually in order to come back as one and rebuild in the spring, where there is a sense of renewal and enlightenment. While each character may not be entirely healed from the scars of their past or current misfortunes, they never lose the will to keep living. I'm not sure how summer fits in, but it's a season of freedom, lightness, and adventure. At the end of Season 4, the characters haven't hung their towels up; they are simply about to embark on new adventures : )

That was fun! lol : p what do you all think?
Moviecritic315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Well, after hearing some of the storylines that were being outlined for Season 5.. :shudders: I don't think there was any need to prolong the story after it arrived at such a beautiful and satisfying conclusion.
Many people feel this way...as if the show escaped a horrendous storyline because of this season 5 outline. I didn't let this influence my desire for more Everwood. These proposed storylines would not have overtaken the show...and...I have confidence that the show would have worked this out in a positive/satisfactory way.

Quote:
I love that this story was told over a span of four years. It reminds me of the seasonal cycle... at first you have autumn, the beginnings of change and fear of the unknown, told primarily from Ephram and Andy's perspective; then we have winter, where a death has torn the Abbott's apart and they must each heal individually in order to come back as one and rebuild in the spring, where there is a sense of renewal and enlightenment. While each character may not be entirely healed from the scars of their past or current misfortunes, they never lose the will to keep living. I'm not sure how summer fits in, but it's a season of freedom, lightness, and adventure.
This is really very beautifully put. You almost have me convinced!

Quote:
At the end of Season 4, the characters haven't hung their towels up; they are simply about to embark on new adventures : )
That's the thing....I loved these characters so much that I wasn't satisfied to merely think of them embarking on new adventures...I wanted to experience these new adventures with them. I wanted to see what the future held for them. I just didn't have enough of them.

Quote:
That was fun! lol : p what do you all think?
I think you expressed yourself beautifully.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:20 AM
Loyal Fan

Even though I pretty much know them, now you need to give your thoughts on each character!
Old 08-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I love that this story was told over a span of four years. It reminds me of the seasonal cycle...
Lovely comparisons.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviecritic315
I love that this story was told over a span of four years. It reminds me of the seasonal cycle... at first you have autumn, the beginnings of change and fear of the unknown, told primarily from Ephram and Andy's perspective; then we have winter, where a death has torn the Abbott's apart and they must each heal individually in order to come back as one and rebuild in the spring, where there is a sense of renewal and enlightenment. While each character may not be entirely healed from the scars of their past or current misfortunes, they never lose the will to keep living. I'm not sure how summer fits in, but it's a season of freedom, lightness, and adventure. At the end of Season 4, the characters haven't hung their towels up; they are simply about to embark on new adventures : )
Damn. That's good!

Like Betty, I also wanted a S5. Yeah, like you and everyone else, those S5 ideas don't sound too exciting to say the least. But Andy and Nina starting as a couple, bringing their lives and families together does sound exciting. Same with Bright finding a purpose in his life and (hopefully) being reuinted with Hannah. Or Edna finally getting to mourn and get used to living with Harold and Rose. So, there was still some exciting ideas to be had, even with some not so exciting ones.
Reply   Post New Thread