Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2014, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Ephram and Amy are adorable!
I especially liked them episode 3.2.

Quote:
I just watched the episode today where the autistic boy was beating up his brother. That one is always a punch in the gut to me.
That was so tough! Poor brother and poor mom!

Quote:
Harold and Edna can't work together and it breaks my heart. Edna: I can't end up hating my own kid
I blame Edna for their difficulties.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 06:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
Ha ha that was awesome. I love Chris Pratt.

Did you see the interview after GotG came out where he was talking about going around to hospitals dressed as his character? It was the greatest thing ever.
I didn't! LOL I would love to see it. When did the interview come out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn
Meant to bring this up after finishing S2 the other day but forgot...

Why in the world did Harold not call Edna before calling the FBI out to his house when Amy disappeared after the Thanksgiving dinner fiasco? Not even because he thought she might have gone over there, but because who does that? Who reports their child as missing with the police without even contacting their own parent who was just in their house a few hours before?!? Nutso.
It was insane. I don't know if it was lack of communication or convenient writing set up for dramatic purposes. It was utterly ridiculous, though.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 06:32 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
That was so tough! Poor brother and poor mom!
I know. The whole storyline was just so well done. I can't even find the words to talk about it because it was so real, you know? Perfectly done.
Old 12-24-2014, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I'm a few episodes into S3 now.

Bright has started on his downward spiral of only caring about partying and blowing off everyone and everything that gets in the way of that.

Hannah is here! I <3 Hannah.

Ephram and Amy are adorable!

Harold and Edna can't work together and it breaks my heart. Edna: I can't end up hating my own kid.

I just watched the episode today where the autistic boy was beating up his brother. That one is always a punch in the gut to me.

Gosh I love this show.
Thanks so much for being our "third moderator" Taryn. Your love for the show is evident and it's so appreciated that you never forget about Everwood.

What's amazing about Bright is he acts out during this time period but he always bounces back. He never allows people to see him down and out for very long. Bright is not like that. His good heart and determination always finds a way to get through stuff.

I remember when Hannah first entered the screen I assumed it was to come in between Ephram/Amy temporarily. Of course that didn't happen since this is Everwood and it wasn't necessary. Then the Ketchup Kids got started, aka Hannah and Bright.

Ephram/Amy are extra adorable in early season 3.

Harold and Edna have such a complex relationship. This is a dynamic I wanted to continue to see in season 5. They always had issues but the love was there. It just wasn't a simple relationship. Of course that's how real life works which is why Everwood is such a gem.
Old 12-24-2014, 06:42 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
I didn't! LOL I would love to see it. When did the interview come out?
I've been trying to find it and I can't. There's a lot of brief news stories about him visiting hospitals but the one I was thinking about, he was being interviewed and laughing about "stealing" his outfit from the movie so he could visit hospitals as his character. It was great.

I did find this little gem, though. The more I see of CP the more I'm convinced that the reason I loved Bright so much was because of the actor behind the character. He just came through in everything Bright did.

Chris Pratt on hunting
Old 01-03-2015, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I've been trying to find it and I can't. There's a lot of brief news stories about him visiting hospitals but the one I was thinking about, he was being interviewed and laughing about "stealing" his outfit from the movie so he could visit hospitals as his character. It was great.

I did find this little gem, though. The more I see of CP the more I'm convinced that the reason I loved Bright so much was because of the actor behind the character. He just came through in everything Bright did.

Chris Pratt on hunting
I completely agree. For that matter... think of the young foursome of Emily, Greg, Sarah, and Chris. They're all decent, down to earth and awesome! Man did we luck out.

Yes, Pratt's warm spirit comes out on the small and large screen. There's just something about the guy where you can feel his tremendous energy. He's something else and it's not a coincidence he literally rocked the screen this past year. He's A List Hollywood now. He'll do fine with it because he's never going to take advantage and change. He's Chris so that's never going to happen.

Now I want to go watch some Bright heavy episodes.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Pilot

This is actually the first time I have done a full rewatch of the series. Watching the pilot, really reminded me of how much I love this show. This still stands as one of the best pilots I have ever seen. Right away I'm engaged with the story of Andy Brown and his family. I love how they have John Beasly doing the voice over. It feels very much like a book in that way. The way they give the backdrop for how they got to Everwood and the reason that tension exists between Ephram and Andy was so important. They are write Everwood truly is a beautiful town. The way the characters are introduced again reminds me more of a novel than a movie or tv show. I love how Ephram reacts to the bullies at school by calling them dumbasses. One of the reasons I love Ephram is sarcasm. It was definitely how I dealt with bullies and people who were mean to me growing up. If Ephram is a nerd, he is an adorable looking one. I love that first meeting with Amy and Ephram. Although, we find out later she has an agenda, there bonding seems so genuine. The moment where she takes him to the spot where you can see the whole town is so visually stunning and emotionally captivating to me.

I love watching Andy and Ephram struggle to form a true bond. Andy wants to do things right this time and while its easier with Delia because she is younger and a girl, he is trying. I feel for both of them in this situation. I think as a parent I understand how easy it is to make all the wrong moves and you just want to be good parent. Andy wants to be a good father, he's just failed at for so many years. I don't blame Ephram for being suspicious and angry for being taken away from what is familiar. I do think the fight they have on the front lawn its important. It made Ephram see that his father loves him enough to fight with him. It's a funny part of Ephram's character, its like he sees a persons willingness to yell and get mad at you as a sign of real love.

Other thoughts:

Still love Nina. What ever happened to the baby? I forgot.
I hate early Bright and can't wait for him to evolve.
Edna is a goddess. She is just so badass.
Harold is so uptight, but I can't wait to see him evolve as well.

102: The Great Doctor Brown

Another great episode. I think this episode was really important for moving forward with Andy's story as a father and a small town doctor. He is still pouring everything into his work at the expense of his children when the point of his coming there was to get to know them. Delia is still young, but he doesn't have much time left to be the kind of father that Ephram needs him to be. I felt so horrible for those children when Andy left them at the restaurant. Speaking of Gino Chan's. Lord the chinese guy and his Italian accent crack me up. The fact that he offers up both is funny, but it sort of reminds me of the Italian-Lebanese restaurants we had in Canada. You could order pizza and a shawarma in the same place. Bright was still being a jerk, but its so obvious he is doing it to be honest with Ephram about Amy's true intentions and also as a way to be loyal to Colin. It's funny looking at how much he grows by the end of the series and seeing this jerk.

Dr. Abbot is a great father, but he is still an uptight jerk at times. I'm glad he took the kids home, but he is letting his jealousy of Andy affect the way he sees those kids. I did like that he witnessed Andy's meltdown and decided to be warm to Andy rather than lecturing him.

Other thoughts:

-the story with the poor family was so sad. Thank God, they had Andy
-Watching Andy meltdown in front of the town was so tragic
-I felt so bad for Ephram and totally get why he lied to Amy. I know she's suffering, but she is using Ephram and that is not cool.
-I like the Ferris Wheel, but to me its not as significant to me because it represents Amy's attempted manipulation of Ephram. She's not a bad person, but she is a good person doing a bad thing for noble purposes.

103: Friendly Fire

Another great episode. I love the arc with Miguela (???) and Delia. He starts off as this bully. But, I love how Delia stood up to him.The Amy/Ephram stuff in this episode annoyed me, but I love how Edna got through to her. Amy really was being a coward not standing up to those mean girls she calls friends. People change. I guess I can't imagine ever being friends with someone who cuts other people down. I'd rather be the most unpopular person in the room. I was always more of an Ephram (someone who walked to the beat of their own drum. It doesn't mean your are friendless, but sort of bask in your nonpopularity). I just really hate mean girls which is why I was so glad that Amy froze them out. I wish she'd called them out, but not everyone is like that. This is the reason I think Ephram is so good for Amy. He challenges the way things are and how she sees the world. The Nina pregnancy makes sense. She was a surrogate. I had totally forgotten about this particular storyline.

Other observations:

-I actually missed Bright being obnoxious
-Loved Andy and Harold facing off. You can see Harold's grudging respect for Andy
-Love watching the ice breaking between Andy and Ephram

Last edited by ds44; 01-09-2016 at 05:04 AM
ds44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Excellent thoughts, Shu. I am grinning like a fool reading your thoughts. They are detailed and so perfect, reminding all of us that Everwood is a show that will never be forgotten. Once I get on a regular computer, I will say more.

Thanks for watching Everwood.
Old 01-09-2016, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Excellent thoughts, Shu. I am grinning like a fool reading your thoughts. They are detailed and so perfect, reminding all of us that Everwood is a show that will never be forgotten. Once I get on a regular computer, I will say more.

Thanks for watching Everwood.
No problem. It's such a rich show.

104: The kissing bridge

I have to admit that this is my least favorite episode of the first four except for the Ephram and Amy parts. Most of the episode felt a little too much like an after school special. I take what I said about missing Bright back, he was such a jerk to Ephram about the school dance. I hated that he played that prank on him. I adore the fact that Ephram and Amy took that trip to Denver to see Colin. I feel like its kind of like that movie: While you were sleeping.During his coma, Amy is gradually falling in love with someone else. You see the little moments of her opening up to Ephram and while its painful for him because he is crushing so hard, its necessary for who they will become. I will say the one reason I didn't mind Ephram being with someone else is that I felt like he needed to know what it was like to be wanted. But they chose the wrong girl. She was inappropriate and didn't make him feel wanted just dirty.

Other thoughts:

-Edna admitting to Harold Jr that she loved his father was a sweet moment
- I love when Edna blows up the bridge
-Ephram and Andy's scene at the end was beautiful.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Pilot

This is actually the first time I have done a full rewatch of the series. Watching the pilot, really reminded me of how much I love this show. This still stands as one of the best pilots I have ever seen. Right away I'm engaged with the story of Andy Brown and his family. I love how they have John Beasly doing the voice over. It feels very much like a book in that way. The way they give the backdrop for how they got to Everwood and the reason that tension exists between Ephram and Andy was so important. They are write Everwood truly is a beautiful town. The way the characters are introduced again reminds me more of a novel than a movie or tv show. I love how Ephram reacts to the bullies at school by calling them dumbasses. One of the reasons I love Ephram is sarcasm. It was definitely how I dealt with bullies and people who were mean to me growing up. If Ephram is a nerd, he is an adorable looking one. I love that first meeting with Amy and Ephram. Although, we find out later she has an agenda, there bonding seems so genuine. The moment where she takes him to the spot where you can see the whole town is so visually stunning and emotionally captivating to me.
These are Exactly all of the feelings I had when watching the Pilot. I have never seen a pilot this good that caused me to have a Need to continue watching. Ephram was an adorable nerd and his sarcastic personality made him hot. I was rooting for Ephram and Amy from this point on...even though I wasn't totally sure of Amy's agenda.

Quote:
It's a funny part of Ephram's character, its like he sees a persons willingness to yell and get mad at you as a sign of real love.
This is very true. I remember in a later episode when Andy grounded Ephram for cutting school. Instead of objecting...all Ephram said was, "I know." and he looked at Andy with newfound respect.
Quote:
The fact that he offers up both is funny, but it sort of reminds me of the Italian-Lebanese restaurants we had in Canada.
Oh! That sounds interesting. My kids would have both their cultures all in one!

Quote:
-the story with the poor family was so sad.
The Dudleys? Mrs. Dudley did annoy me when she didn't give her children the anitibiotic that Andy prescribed

Quote:
-Watching Andy meltdown in front of the town was so tragic
I love the scene afterward in the car when Andy/Ephram/and Delia cracked up! lol
Quote:
-I felt so bad for Ephram and totally get why he lied to Amy. I know she's suffering, but she is using Ephram and that is not cool.
-
I didn't blame him for lying, either.
Quote:

-I actually missed Bright being obnoxious
No...I can't say I did!

Quote:
-Loved Andy and Harold facing off. You can see Harold's grudging respect for Andy
Those two cracked me up. Yes...there was definitely respect...along with some jealousy.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 01-10-2016 at 11:40 AM
Old 01-10-2016, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
NI said about missing Bright back, he was such a jerk to Ephram about the school dance. I hated that he played that prank on him.
I absolutely hated this. I should add this to the discussion thread as a scene I would have like eliminated.
Quote:
I didn't mind Ephram being with someone else is that I felt like he needed to know what it was like to be wanted. But they chose the wrong girl. She was inappropriate and didn't make him feel wanted just dirty.
They did choose the wrong girl, but I agree that Ephram needed someone to like him and make him feel good about himself.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Thanks for your feedback. I'm about to watch episode 105. It's so much fun reliving Everwood. I guess its my first time doing a rewatch so I'm super excited about the upcoming episodes.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

105: Deer God

This episode is sweet. I like how much Ephram cares about the deer. He always seems so gruff, but this episode really shows you how he is just a puddle of goo on the inside. I also think it was important for Ephram and Andy to spend this time together. Delia's quest for God is interesting and confusing much like faith is. What stands out about this show is how deep it is. You just don't see shows address these kinds of issues anymore. Edna is so gruff, but I love her.

Other Thoughts:

Ephram and Andy are such city people.

-Ephram freaaking out for over the deer's home is sweet, but sad. The reserve has been logged. I love how the deer quest is a sort of metaphor for Ephram's grief.

-Gregory is such a great actor and this is one of the episodes that really brings that point home.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Ephram and Andy are such city people.
They are pretty pathetic.

Quote:
-Ephram freaaking out for over the deer's home is sweet, but sad. The reserve has been logged. I love how the deer quest is a sort of metaphor for Ephram's grief

It was such a metaphor. That deer was Ephram. It needed to get back back home just as Ephram yearned to get back to his home..the way it was when his mom was still alive. Ephram felt as out of place as that deer did.

Quote:
-Gregory is such a great actor and this is one of the episodes that really brings that point home.
He is a wonderful actor. I just love him.
Old 01-12-2016, 04:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

106: The Doctor is in

This episode really punched an emotional impact. I really love this one because it deals with that situation with the kid who befriended Delia. I feel so sorry for him because he has to hold back a part of who he is simply due to societal norms. He's neither here nor there and the parents forcing him to "behave" like a boy is not good for him, but I also sympathize with their plight. What are they supposed to do? It's just a sad situation all around.

The whole dilemma Andy faces with what his life is now is so interesting. He chose to be small town doctor, but its not so easy when you have to make the hard choices. It's easier when people are not part of your community. You can divorce yourself. I do feel for the catch 22 he finds himself.

Poor Amy. I'm so glad she has Ephram. I just love how they are slowly building up Amy and Ephram. Their bond is so organic and you can just feel how deeply Ephram has fallen for Amy. But, its not one-sided. She really does care about him. While her boyfriend (whom she loves) is asleep in that coma, she is slowly falling for someone else.