Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2018, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I think that the both Amy and Nina thought they were in love with 2 people, but actually were not. Amy's feelings for Ephram and Nina's feelings for Andy were on another level.
That is precisely how I feel.

I do not believe Amy was in love with Colin or Nina was in love with Jake. They loved them but not in the “in love” sort of way. Amy was truly in love with Ephram and Nina was in love with Andy. I believe Harold knew Amy was falling for Ephram in season 1 and it surpassed anything she ever felt for Colin. I truly believe he knew this.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

When it comes to Nina I always thought she knew she loved Andy more but she was unable to tell him her feelings and then she started falling for Jake. I always hated that the writers did that. If Nina told Andy about her feelings he never would have had that affair but they needed useless drama.

When we saw the flashback scene in season one where Amy tells Colin she loved him it seemed like it was just something she was feeling at that moment but the depression storyline on season two was what made me believe she really loved him. Maybe she loved him both as a girlfriend and just a friend but I don't think all that would have happened if she hadn't felt so strongly.

Other thoughts: Carl and Nina seemed like the Amy and Colin of their day and I think Ephram and Lainey are cute together so far. I had forgotten a lot.
Old 12-28-2018, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca456 (View Post)
When it comes to Nina I always thought she knew she loved Andy more but she was unable to tell him her feelings and then she started falling for Jake. I always hated that the writers did that. If Nina told Andy about her feelings he never would have had that affair but they needed useless drama.

I agree that Nina was unable to tell Andy her feelings. That's because he always seemed to be looking at and dating other women and some of them were bozos! Poor Nina had to sit by and watch this! So...I don't blame her for accepting Jake's love when she did.
Old 12-28-2018, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Andy/Amanda were so difficult to watch. Andy was clearly punishing himself for keeping Madison’s pregnancy from Ephram. He was making all the wrong choices during this time and the bleeding ulcer represented what it was doing to him, both mentally and physically.

Yes, Andy/Nina were delayed. I didn’t mind Nina/Jake initially. I actually liked that she dated before settling down with Andy. She had to sit back and watch Andy date. It was time for Nina to date too. I just think Jake lingered for way too long. Not sure if Scott Wolf’s contract had something to do with it but Jake remained on the screen way longer than necessary.

Quote:
When we saw the flashback scene in season one where Amy tells Colin she loved him it seemed like it was just something she was feeling at that moment but the depression storyline on season two was what made me believe she really loved him. Maybe she loved him both as a girlfriend and just a friend but I don't think all that would have happened if she hadn't felt so strongly.
This thread might interest you. We go in depth on this very topic:

http://www.fanforum.com/f104/amy-tru...olin-62773173/

Quote:
Other thoughts: Carl and Nina seemed like the Amy and Colin of their day and I think Ephram and Lainey are cute together so far. I had forgotten a lot.
Just recently I made the Carl/Nina and Amy/Colin parallel.

I liked Ephram/Laynie too. I would have preferred Ephram casually dating Laynie over anything he had with Madison.
Old 12-28-2018, 08:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

The only good thing that came from Andy and Amanda's affair was Jake visiting Andy in the hospital after his ulcer and trying to get him to do yoga.

I'm rewatching the series on my eight inch portable DVD player I got for my birthday 11 or 12 years ago and it's so much more enjoyable than watching on a big screen TV or my laptop.
Old 12-29-2018, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The only good thing that came from Andy and Amanda's affair was Jake visiting Andy in the hospital after his ulcer and trying to get him to do yoga.
I forgot about that scene. Jake definitely had his comedic moments!
Old 12-29-2018, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Haha, I forgot about that scene too.

I much preferred Jake in comedic mode over substance-abusing, serious mode.

I love that there are multiple ways to watch the series now. I sometimes love curling up on the couch or bed with my iPad.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think I can honestly say season 2 is my favorite. They had a lot of great guest stars and recurring characters. I'm finding Andy and Linda enjoyable this time around instead of annoying because I was upset he wasn't with Nina yet. I just wish Madison and Ephram had a big sister younger brother relationship instead of what actually happened.

Oh and does anybody know the song that plays at the end of Three Miners From Everwood?
Old 12-31-2018, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I think I can honestly say season 2 is my favorite. They had a lot of great guest stars and recurring characters.
Quality-wise, Season two is fabulous. I really think it had some of the best storylines, acting, writing. Like you said, the guest stars and current characters were great. Emily VanCamp, on any other network, wins an award for her mesmerizing portrayal of situational depression.

The only thing that slightly bothered me about season two was the lack of Ephram/Amy scenes. Understandable why Berlanti went there. The chemistry between Greg and Emily was so magical, he had to physically separate Ephram/Amy for a good portion of season 2 until he was ready to bring Ephram/Amy back together as friends then romance.

Quote:
I'm finding Andy and Linda enjoyable this time around instead of annoying because I was upset he wasn't with Nina yet.
Haha, agreed. It’s easier to watch now because we know how the story ends up. Thankfully, our pairing ends up together. Andy/Linda did have some nice moments together.

Quote:
I just wish Madison and Ephram had a big sister younger brother relationship instead of what actually happened.
I personally wish Madison never would have existed... lol.

But I completely hear you… friendship/platonic dynamic would have been so much better.

Quote:
Oh and does anybody know the song that plays at the end of Three Miners From Everwood?
I suck at this sort of thing. Hopefully someone else knows?
Old 01-01-2019, 04:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

I just got to the Anne Heche arc and I'm already cringing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)

I personally wish Madison never would have existed... lol.

I suck at this sort of thing. Hopefully someone else knows?
That would probably be better. I do love Sarah Lancaster though. I always wished the writers instead had Nina help look after Delia and bring her closer to Andy during her divorce.

I found the song along with a few others from the dvds I had been looking for.
Old 01-01-2019, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

So glad that you found the song, because I suck at that kind of stuff, too!
Old 01-02-2019, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I just got to the Anne Heche arc and I'm already cringing.
I know, right? She’s the worst. The entire storyline made my stomach turn. That scene between Andy and Amanda flirting away with her poor husband sitting there disabled by a neurological condition is so difficult to watch. I mean, I get it writers... you’re trying to show Andy basically punishing himself (by making all the wrong choices) for lying to Ephram due to guilt. But this was as bad as it gets.

Quote:
That would probably be better. I do love Sarah Lancaster though. I always wished the writers instead had Nina help look after Delia and bring her closer to Andy during her divorce.
I like her too. I loved her on Chuck.

I love your scenario. I wish it would’ve happened.

Quote:
Good!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread