Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2018, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

As a special education teacher, I appreciated an episode that showcased someone with Autism.

I haven't watched in some days! Work has been busier. I've gotten back on my Everwood watch now. With episode 15 of season three.

ETA: Episode 16 was so good. Now on to episode 17. Finally she will tell him the truth. Maybe. We shall see!

Last edited by a fine mess; 02-17-2018 at 08:24 PM
Old 02-18-2018, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

That episode is very nice.

How are you liking those season 3 episodes? Madisongate (the secret pregnancy) is such a dark, lingering cloud.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's sad, because of Amy's mom and Ephram's downward spiral. I expected it when I learned Madison would finally tell him. I felt bad for her. I didn't at first, but seeing her again and how she has lived with this all on her own. And alone. I'm glad she put the baby up for adoption and didn't get an abortion - that would have been more devastating to her I feel. I had really hoped Ephram would have at least seen a glimpse of the baby when he visited! Madison didn't have to listen to Dr. Brown's advice, but that is her respecting him. And she was just as shocked to find out she's pregnant. I don't blame her for listening to him. If anyone, I blame Dr. Brown the most... At least it's all out in the open now. I think Ephram should talk to Madison to finally get closure to this. I wonder if he does before S4 ends, last season for the show...

I am on Season 4 now.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing the sun (View Post)
It's sad, because of Amy's mom and Ephram's downward spiral. I expected it when I learned Madison would finally tell him. I felt bad for her. I didn't at first, but seeing her again and how she has lived with this all on her own. And alone. I'm glad she put the baby up for adoption and didn't get an abortion - that would have been more devastating to her I feel. I had really hoped Ephram would have at least seen a glimpse of the baby when he visited! Madison didn't have to listen to Dr. Brown's advice, but that is her respecting him. And she was just as shocked to find out she's pregnant. I don't blame her for listening to him. If anyone, I blame Dr. Brown the most... At least it's all out in the open now. I think Ephram should talk to Madison to finally get closure to this. I wonder if he does before S4 ends, last season for the show...

I am on Season 4 now.
How did you feel about Ephram and Amy breaking up and Ephram going to Europe?

Love your avatar, by the way!
Old 02-19-2018, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am not a hardcore shipper of any ship as you know, so I didn't mind. I actually thought it wasn't good for them to be together while Ephram was dealing with the baby news. It isn't healthy for Amy to be involved in his mess. I disliked how Ephram was treating his dad though. Although I don't agree with his decision to keep this hush hush, he is still his dad.

Now Amy isn't the one wanting Ephram back.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I am not a hardcore shipper of any ship as you know, so I didn't mind. I actually thought it wasn't good for them to be together while Ephram was dealing with the baby news. It isn't healthy for Amy to be involved in his mess. I disliked how Ephram was treating his dad though. Although I don't agree with his decision to keep this hush hush, he is still his dad.

Now Amy isn't the one wanting Ephram back.
So true.

You make an excellent point about how unhealthy it was for Amy to be involved in Ephram’s mess. I could not agree more. I was amazed at Amy’s strength and selflessness, wanting to take it all on. She was innocent, it wasn’t her burden to carry. It’s not as if she hadn’t experienced heartbreak while dealing with serious situations before.... Colin! Seriously, I’m shocked she only developed temporary situational depression over Colin’s death. She tried to take that situation on herself too. She was a teen girl! It was way too serious of a situation for Amy to handle. Then she falls in love with a guy who impregnates an adult woman then dumps her. Way too much drama and heartbreak for Amy. While I didn’t love how Ephram treated her when he broke up then bailed for Europe... in looking back it was the best thing for Amy at the time. She needed alone time. She needed silence and peace.

I also didn’t like how Ephram treated Andy. Then again, I didn’t like how he treated Andy in season one either. Andy definitely played a large role in the pregnancy situation even if he tried to prevent the disastrous relationship between Ephram/Madison in the first place. They didn’t listen.

The pregnancy should have been dealt with from the very beginning.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't like it either, but I understood Ephram's hatred toward his dad because he still blamed him for his mom. I saw a lot of Luke (from OTH) in him when Keith died. But once his dad told Ephram the truth, I thought it would be different between them. It started getting better, but turned ugly again. Not all children have great relationships with their dad. I fought a lot with my own when I was younger and only started understanding him more as I grew older and more mature. We still have different opinions [because I grew up in America, while parents have very Asian viewpoints], but we all are understanding each other a lot better. It helps being able to stand in the shoes of different people.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Very true.

I feel like Andy/Ephram made great progress by the end is season 1. So much so, Andy was thrilled. As a result, it seemed like he tried putting away any authority in season 2. There should have been a little more balance. Then as we know, all hell breaks loose at the end of season 3.

What episode are you on now?
Old 02-23-2018, 11:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am on Season 4, Episode 18. I feel like it's the most boring season so far. Though there are some good episodes and some deep topics like overdose. I didn't want to see so much Nina and Jake though. I also didn't like seeing Bright and Hannah at odds with each other.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I didn't like it either, but I understood Ephram's hatred toward his dad because he still blamed him for his mom. I saw a lot of Luke (from OTH) in him when Keith died. But once his dad told Ephram the truth, I thought it would be different between them. It started getting better, but turned ugly again. Not all children have great relationships with their dad. I fought a lot with my own when I was younger and only started understanding him more as I grew older and more mature. We still have different opinions [because I grew up in America, while parents have very Asian viewpoints], but we all are understanding each other a lot better. It helps being able to stand in the shoes of different people.
Ephram and Andy definitely had their ups and downs. Everytime they had a good moment..I have high hopes that they would be okay. But then...one of them would do something stupid and they'd be back to square one again...at odds with each other.
I believe the main theme of this series is the journey of these two to find each other and respect each other as Father and Son.

Cece, What Asian Country are your parents from?
Old 02-24-2018, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Excellent points everyone. The thing is, throughout the series, Ephram had a core of anger and resentment toward his father due Andy's neglect of his family in favor of his career when he was growing up, and just when their relationship started to get better, he found out that Andy told Madison to not tell him that she was pregnant and he basically offered her money to stay away from Ephram, so I could understand why he would lash out at his father because his deep-seated anger and resentment toward him had never entirely gone away.

Andy alluded to the fact that at one point he "lost" Ephram when Ephram was a child because he always put his career ahead of his family, and although he tried to make amends after Julia died, he could never get back those lost years, and throughout the show's run, Ephram would always somewhat keep his distance from Andy, and if this show was real life, I honestly think that distance between them will always be there.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-24-2018, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I am on Season 4, Episode 18. I feel like it's the most boring season so far. Though there are some good episodes and some deep topics like overdose. I didn't want to see so much Nina and Jake though. I also didn't like seeing Bright and Hannah at odds with each other.
Nina and Jake brought down season 4. I do feel like season 4 had some season 1 magic though since Berlanti was way more involved. I loved the Ephram/Amy flashback episode. It was so strong.

However, I think Jake still on the screen coupled with having to wrap the series up played a part in why the season was choppy and didn’t tie up as much as we would have hoped.
Old 02-24-2018, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Excellent points everyone. The thing is, throughout the series, Ephram had a core of anger and resentment toward his father due Andy's neglect of his family in favor of his career when he was growing up, and just when their relationship started to get better, he found out that Andy told Madison to not tell him that she was pregnant and he basically offered her money to stay away from Ephram, so I could understand why he would lash out at his father because his deep-seated anger and resentment toward him had never entirely gone away.

Andy alluded to the fact that at one point he "lost" Ephram when Ephram was a child because he always put his career ahead of his family, and although he tried to make amends after Julia died, he could never get back those lost years, and throughout the show's run, Ephram would always somewhat keep his distance from Andy, and if this show was real life, I honestly think that distance between them will always be there.
Yes, there’s no way their history would simply go away. They would both remember. In the future, situational, random things might spark some anger and resentment. Julia’s passing played a large part in healing father/son but at the same time, her passing would never be something the family would ever truly get through either. They are connected by past pain, grief, and yes, healing.

That said, I was convinced season 4 father/son were in a really good place. I watch season 4 and often convince myself that Madisongate was a good thing because Andy/Ephram needed another blowup in order to truly start to heal.
Old 02-24-2018, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm done with the series. I enjoyed the series finale. Yes, I also did love the flashback episode!

I'm from China.
Old 02-24-2018, 03:04 PM
Administrator

Man, that's awesome Cece! It really was a wonderful and unique show wasn't it?

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Closed Thread   Post New Thread