New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2018, 07:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
It was also telling that in the height of their grief, both Andy and Amy "saw" Julia and Colin and even conversed with their "ghosts" and their "ghosts" had to tell them to move on which I feel was their subconscious minds telling them that they had to get past their grief and get on with their lives.
You're right, Jerry! Neither Andy nor Amy wanted to move on and would have been stuck in Limbo unless their ghosts pushed them out.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It was also telling that in the height of their grief, both Andy and Amy "saw" Julia and Colin and even conversed with their "ghosts" and their "ghosts" had to tell them to move on which I feel was their subconscious minds telling them that they had to get past their grief and get on with their lives.
I loved that parallel so much. Great thought that it was their subconscious minds telling them they needed to get past their grief. The mind is a wonderful thing... it knows when your path has to take a certain turn even if you might not want to go there. Definitely, both Amy and Andy needed a little push to get by the bend and towards a straighter path.

This show was full of parallels. I also love how season 1 was filled with Ephram/Amy and Andy/Nina parallels. Berlanti established in early season 1 they were the main pairings and there was no way he was going off course. It was refreshing watch the entire series never having a doubt that these two couples would reach the finish line.
The Apt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I loved that parallel so much. Great thought that it was their subconscious minds telling them they needed to get past their grief. The mind is a wonderful thing... it knows when your path has to take a certain turn even if you might not want to go there. Definitely, both Amy and Andy needed a little push to get by the bend and towards a straighter path.

This show was full of parallels. I also love how season 1 was filled with Ephram/Amy and Andy/Nina parallels. Berlanti established in early season 1 they were the main pairings and there was no way he was going off course. It was refreshing watch the entire series never having a doubt that these two couples would reach the finish line.
To be honest though, there were two things I didn't like in the Series Finale:
  • Nina being so passive and selling her house and even going off to the airport with Jake and Jake telling her that her heart was with Andy and sending her back to Andy. It's like she lost her spine.
  • Amy telling Ephram in the Ferris Wheel scene that their not being together was all her fault. It certainly wasn't all her fault. Ephram had broken her heart and laughed when she said that she imagined them being together forever, and then he took off for Europe, so naturally she was cautious about risking getting her heart broken by him again. I wish that line wasn't included in what she said to him.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 04:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
  • Nina being so passive and selling her house and even going off to the airport with Jake and Jake telling her that her heart was with Andy and sending her back to Andy. It's like she lost her spine.
  • Amy telling Ephram in the Ferris Wheel scene that their not being together was all her fault. It certainly wasn't all her fault. Ephram had broken her heart and laughed when she said that she imagined them being together forever, and then he took off for Europe, so naturally she was cautious about risking getting her heart broken by him again. I wish that line wasn't included in what she said to him.
Nina'a actions were ridiculous. I blame this nonsense on the writing, wanting to delay the Andy/Nina reunion. However, it shouldn't have been Jake seeing the light before Nina! I wish it would have been Nina almost ready to leave with him (if that storyline had to transpire) and she tells him she couldn't go there because she loved Andy. It would have at least fixed some of that lingering storyline.

The good news is we never doubted Nina's love for Andy. I don't think anyone thought Nina loved Jake more than Andy. We knew Nina wanted to be with Andy and was truly in love with him, bad construction of the storyline or not. It will always be frustrating that it took Jake to make her act on her love for Andy, though.

I don't like that line from Amy either. When I hear it, I just tie it to the present, like she waited a few months longer than she should while he was with Stephanie and should have acted sooner. Otherwise, it didn't make any sense. Ephram did break her heart laughing like he was devious even about not seeing a forever with her (I literally despised Ephram in that moment) and then bailing for Europe not just on Amy, but Bright too, knowing their mother was very sick. Then again, he was also horrible to Delia by leaving her as well. Delia had to endure the disgusting relationship between Ephram/Madison as is, and the poor girl had to suffer a little while longer as her brother left her in the dust (without her knowing if he'd ever even return) all because of big time mistakes Ephram made. He treated everyone like crap during this time period. However, people like Bright (his friend) and Delia (his sister) could forgive him more easily. Amy, his true love, he treated the worst. Then he returns and expects to immediately get back their relationship. I cheered when Amy said no way. I also know people wanted Amy to immediately reunite with him after they slept together and during the postcard scene. Not me! LOL Don't get me wrong... I was so happy when they slept together and the postcard scene was beautiful... Greg and Emily were sizzling with the chemistry. Still, while Ephram was telling Amy he wrote her a postcard every day, it was also a reminder of how he hurt her for months before this time and then didn't even directly contact her while in Europe. You could see it in Amy's eyes while he was talking to her. Her heart was so fragile, she looked like she was almost scared due to how much he hurt her and she wasn't willing to take a chance right then... and rightfully so! Weak and stupid on his end.

So I understood why Amy delayed the reunion. You are right, she never should have uttered that line to him. He should gotten on his hands and knees during that Ferris Wheel scene begging her for forgiveness given what he pulled during Madisongate and the months following that disaster he was directly responsible for (the pregnancy) in the first place. At the very least, he should have said he was SORRY for the mess he created and his terrible behavior. I would like to think he eventually made it up to her but still, acknowledging his bad behavior during that Ferris Wheel scene would have been nice.

Thus, the Ephram/Amy and Andy/Nina endgames were a long time coming but we always knew it would happen. The construction of both during Madisongate and the Jake stuff was frustrating and at times, sloppy. At least the right pairings got the appropriate endings. I would like to think not making the merger due to both the WB and CW preferring lower quality trash, the lack of an extra season or two affected our main pairings.

Last edited by The Apt; 02-07-2018 at 04:37 AM
Old 02-09-2018, 11:30 PM
Communications Team
Graphics Team
Moderator Support Team

I'm over Amy's love interests, who are not Ephram. Also not liking Ephram and Madison...
cece; fanforum cheerleader
chasing the sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 06:07 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing the sun (View Post)
I'm over Amy's love interests, who are not Ephram. Also not liking Ephram and Madison...
Join the club!
Old 02-10-2018, 06:13 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I totally agree about Nina. It was obvious that she had regrets about going with Jake..but she infuriatingly went though the motions of leaving with him as if she were hypnotized! Jake had the brains that day...brains that were working!

Regarding Amy...you're right. The breakup was both their faults. But..Ephram tried to make it up to her and poured his heart out to her. Amy fought off her feelings for him the entire season and left him pretty much hanging. I don't know. I kind of look at things through rose colored glasses when it comes to Ephram.

Amy, I agree that Ephram was horrible to the people closed to him. They say you hurt the ones you love the most. I do believe he made up for it big time...

I agree that it would have been better to leave the line out of the last scene. It should have said, "We've both made mistakes and hurt each other, but now........"

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 02-10-2018 at 06:18 AM
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Ephram/Madison were gross. To think about how this pairing caused so much temporary damage to so many people, too. The worst pairing of the show by far.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:38 PM
Communications Team
Graphics Team
Moderator Support Team

And the baby. I'm not sure Dr. Brown was in the right though. To keep it from Ephram. I understand wanting to protect your son, but Ephram should own up to the consequences of his actions.

I finished Season 2. Although Ephram is leaving Everwood and Amy decided to follow, I'm not over the baby news and keeping it from him, so can't really be happy for them...
Old 02-11-2018, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
And the baby. I'm not sure Dr. Brown was in the right though. To keep it from Ephram. I understand wanting to protect your son, but Ephram should own up to the consequences of his actions.

I finished Season 2. Although Ephram is leaving Everwood and Amy decided to follow, I'm not over the baby news and keeping it from him, so can't really be happy for them...
Such a horrible situation, you are so right. Ephram/Amy finally getting together was everything, as was Amy going to NYC with him... but the baby nightmare lingered like a dark cloud. Madison should have told Ephram immediately. When she was stupid and went to Andy instead, nothing was still stopping her from telling Ephram. Madison made the choice not to tell Ephram. But you're right, Andy should have told him too... you said it best... Ephram absolutely should have owned up to the consequences of his actions. This part of the story has always bothered me. Ephram was old enough to impregnate Madison... he was certainly old enough to face the music. He got an adult woman pregnant while he put himself in position to become a father at age 16. Incredible reality but he made it happen. He shouldn't have been protected like he was a little boy who did nothing wrong. Nope, Ephram made adult decisions (way earlier than he should have) and created a human life with an adult woman. He should have faced this reality head on instead of Andy trying to protect him. Andy already tried protecting him (preventing a disaster from happening) in season 2 when he told his underage son not to date an adult woman. Andy knew it would end in disaster. Boy was he right. Ephram didn't listen to his father. Andy didn't have to go into lying/protective mode after the fact. It was not his burden to carry. In fact, Andy had every right to be pissed off at Ephram for not listening to him about the very wrong relationship in the first place. It was Ephram who didn't listen to his father. As a result, Ephram should have squarely faced the consequences of his actions from the start.

Last edited by The Apt; 02-11-2018 at 06:57 AM
Old 02-11-2018, 05:47 PM
Communications Team
Graphics Team
Moderator Support Team

I agree with everything you said.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I agree with everything you said.
Thanks.

What episode are you on?
Old 02-12-2018, 10:32 PM
Communications Team
Graphics Team
Moderator Support Team

Season 3, Episode 13.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:53 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Season 3, Episode 13.
Wow! You are on a roll!!
Old 02-13-2018, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yes, you are flying faster than Supergirl cruises through the sky.

Any comments on season 3 as a whole?
Reply   Post New Thread