Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2003, 09:39 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Maria:
<STRONG>You know with five eps a week you guys are really lucky, the americans are on a month long hiatus. what i would kill for them to show reruns five days a week
-maria</STRONG>
I know we're really lucky... lets just revel in this, as we don't know what's in store for us after Season 1 has finished airing [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

What's the reason for the 1 month hiatus... I've never understood that, cos we don't get that here, due to us having your episodes *so* much later - sometimes, months/years after first airing in the US.

Big DC Fan

3.38pm
Big DC Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 04:41 PM
Addicted Fan

The hiatus tends to come about in late november early december....started out as a break where the networks could get holiday specials in and stuff....now it's a way to keep the season spanning a longer time period. A lot of people think it has to do with the actors not workign but that's not true because the epsidoes are filmed about two months in advanced...so yeah basically it's just this pain in the butt promotion thing following the old adage "absence makes the heart grow fonder"

wow that's a long explaination, sorry....hope it makes sense.
-maria
The Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 03:45 AM
Loyal Fan

I can't believe there's only 3 more Everwood Episodes to watch of Season 1, (for those of you that only watch this show on the weekends!)

All gets revealed tomorrow on LivingTV.

Cam, I bet you're dying to give us your opinions... wait a little longer, and then we can all spill.

Anyone, know if LivingTV have scheduled S2 for the following weeks/weekends at all? I haven't looked up on the net yet... wondered if anyone else has?!?

Bye for now,

Big DC Fan

9.44am
Old 12-20-2003, 06:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

There is nothing in the coming schedule of LivingTV for EW and no comment at the end of the Finale either. I suspect it will be Feb/Mar before we are likely to see EW again.

Big DC Fan I'll add my comments once everyone has seen the last episodes as there are some cliff hanger moments.
Old 01-02-2004, 03:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

For all those wanting to watch a re-run of S1 then Living TV is showing it from the Pilot episode. Starts 05/01/04 @ 18:05 and is on each weekday.
Old 01-06-2004, 05:03 AM
Loyal Fan

Hey all,

So, anyone tune into the Pilot episode last night? I did, I know I've seen it already, but I couldn't help myself [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Camdish, did u enjoy it?

Oh, btw, did anyone catch a glimpse of the programme before "Everwood" [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Catch u later people,

Big DC Fan
Old 01-06-2004, 07:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Big DC Fan:
<STRONG>So, anyone tune into the Pilot episode last night?</STRONG>
I did Big DC Fan and as I missed this and episode 01 the first time around it filled in some of the gaps (although I had read the transcripts as well). Looking forward to tonight's show as it will also be new to me.

Quote:
<STRONG>Oh, btw, did anyone catch a glimpse of the programme before "Everwood"</STRONG>
Are you talking about 'Miracles' as I think this was the promo before EW? If so I have recorded it but not watched yet.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Camdish:
<STRONG> Are you talking about 'Miracles' as I think this was the promo before EW? If so I have recorded it but not watched yet.</STRONG>
No, I was meaning "Meet My Folks. I've never seen this before, but I had it on for a little bit before I watched"Everwood". From Sky Info Button, it's about:

US dating show in which parents try to pick out a suitor to go with their child on a luxury holiday. (When it says "child" it's really a young adult -late teens/twenties). lol.

I just caught it yesterday, and it was at the bit when the guys were undergoing a "lie detector" test [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] and the parents were sitting on listening to the answers!

Quite amusing, might try and catch tonights episode from the beginning [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Bye for now,

Big DC Fan

3.24pm
Old 01-06-2004, 09:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Big DC Fan:
<STRONG>No, I was meaning "Meet My Folks.</STRONG>
Okay I have seen the promo trailer for this as I remember the bit about the lie detector test. Have not watched any though.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:56 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
<STRONG> Okay I have seen the promo trailer for this as I remember the bit about the lie detector test. Have not watched any though.</STRONG>
Just looked on TVTOME, it was the first episode last night! I'll definately try and catch it tonight from the beginning [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Enjoy "The Great Doctor Brown" tonight [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Big DC Fan
Old 01-10-2004, 01:09 PM
Master Fan

Just a question from an American. Why do your shows start :05, not :00?

I found that odd.

Gaby
I made my icon.
BepperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 04:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Hard-Core GG Fan:
<STRONG>Just a question from an American. Why do your shows start :05, not :00?</STRONG>
I'm not sure what you mean by this Hard-Core GG Fan. There was some confusion around whether the first episode (Pilot) was 00 or 01 as in the UK all series start at 01. It appears though that in the US pilot episodes are always 00.
Old 01-11-2004, 08:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
For all those wanting to watch a re-run of S1 then Living TV is showing it from the Pilot episode. Starts 05/01/04 @ 18:05 and is on each weekday.
Camdish, do you see what I'm talking about now?

Gaby
I made my icon.
BepperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 02:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Hard-Core GG Fan:
<STRONG>Camdish, do you see what I'm talking about now?</STRONG>
Ah got you now. It's really just down to the scheduling and ad breaks. We seem to get a lot of programs here that are not exactly 30 or 60 minutes long and therfore this has a knock on effect for later start times. It seems to happen more to the early schedules than the primetime ones.

Sorry for not understanding your question when first posted [img]smilies/embarrassment.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2004, 05:44 PM
Addicted Fan

You guys aren't alone, most shows in the US aren't exactly 30 minutes or 60 minutes long. I think 30 minute shows actually run 20 minutes and 60 minutes shows are really 45 minutes. Again because of commericals (ad breaks)...i guess you guys just have them start later where we have five minutes of the show on the hour/half hour and then have the commerical break....also that explains why any american shows you get aren't exact. don't know why i just rambled about that
-maria
The Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread