Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2006, 08:26 AM
Passionate Fan

I'm glad to know that it's somewhere in Berlanti's office, anyway!
Old 09-09-2006, 08:54 AM
buffyannAlex

yeah, it's cool. And EMily's one should be near your place right now

Old 09-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Just wanted to let you guys know that the Thankful Book arrived safely in my mailbox today!!!! It looks absolutely INCREDIBLE . I'm going home this weekend, so I'm currently working on getting in touch with Emily's mom, to see when I can drop the book off with her.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:34 PM
buffyannAlex

Thanks Janelle, that's awesome !!!
I'm happy it arrived safely.

Old 09-13-2006, 06:07 PM
Master Fan

Woot! Woot! Awesome!

Thanks for that update
Old 09-16-2006, 08:55 AM
Passionate Fan

Just wanted to let everyone know where the Thankful Book for Emily is at!

As you all know, I received it on Wednesday. And, like I said, it's absolutely incredible. 206 letters... WOW. I read through the entire thing - it's very moving. People are going to love this!

Thursday I phoned Emily's mom, Cindy. She wasn't home, but I left her a message. Yesterday afternoon, she called me back. I explained to her what we'd done and what I had to give to Emily. She was absolutely GOBSMACKED. She couldn't believe that the fans of this show had done something so huge. I told her about you, Alexandra... I believe her exact words were "The book was mailed from WHERE?!?!" She couldn't believe it! I told her about how the idea came to be, and about the promotion that we'd all done on different websites, and the fundraising and donations, and getting it professionally printed, and sending copies off to the agents of other cast members... she was just floored. I told her that I was coming home this weekend, and asked if she'd be around so that I could drop it off? She said she most certainly would be, and we arranged a time for that. Then we just got talking about Emily... so you guys know, she's hoping to give Emily the book at Thanksgiving (which, for us Canadians, is in two weeks - or maybe three?? Where's my calendar?). Emily's currently filming a movie - she's got the lead role. Then she'll be home for Thanksgiving, and then back to L.A. Cindy had me write a little message to Emily in the front cover of the book - just a "Hey Emily! Hope you like the book!" kind of thing. And she told me to write my number, email address, etc. in the cover. Even though Emily has it. Lol. Cindy said that Emily will most definitely want to give me a call and hear the whole story of the book.

Anyways. I came home last night, and this morning, I went over to Emily's place and dropped the book off with Alison, her older sister (Cindy had just run downtown to buy something). Alison loved the look of the book, she couldn't believe it. She saw it and went, "WOW! It's an actual book!" And she told me to thank everyone who was a part of it - she said that Emily's going to love it. (She also said that Cindy's going to love it so much, she's not going to want to let Emily take it back to L.A. with her! )

So now the book is safe and sound with Emily's mom, and she'll be getting it in a few weeks. Again, I'm sorry that this is taking extra time to get to Emily... but I think it's worth it, don't you?
Old 09-16-2006, 09:37 AM
buffyannAlex

Janelle, Thanks so much. This is amazing news. I'm so psyched. I have not enough words to say it. Thanks so much.
So funny the reaction of Emily's mom, , especially about shipping from France.... lol, I'm addicted to the show and crazy, I know.

Thanks again for doing this for us, this means a lot and we're sure to hear at least a little somthing from Emily which will make all the fans very happy, I'm sure.
Thank you, thank you, thank you !!!!!

Old 09-16-2006, 01:16 PM
Master Fan

Thanks so much for that update! That's so awesome! I can't wait till Emily gets it and what her response will be
Old 09-16-2006, 04:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thx so much for the update. That's just incredible. To know, that the book is safe and that they all are so impressed about it.

Don't worry about the few Weeks, it's gonna take until she get's it. It's definitely worth the wait and moreover, we know she will get it and it's safe where it is. Better than when we had to send it around and to lots of different places..

That just shows us, what a wonderful Job Alex has done

Icon by Missy thx
Old 09-18-2006, 06:44 AM
New Fan

Thanks so much for telling us about it. It's so great to hear how they've reacted. They had really no idea about it. If her sister and mother like this book so much imagine how impressed and touched (?) Emily will be...
To hear how they love that book makes me a little bit proud in a way being a very very small part of this "project"
Old 09-18-2006, 06:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Awesome news! I sure want to hear Emily's reaction! This will be a most wonderful thanksgiving present for her!
Old 09-18-2006, 07:06 AM
buffyannAlex

You're all so kind.
I sure hope Emily will like it.

I think all the actors will. because even if it's just a job to them, and not a passion as it is for us, it's still a great experience that they all seemed to enjoy and cherish very much and I just think looking back on it and having an actual object to remember it by is very cool. Well, that's my opinion.: )

I really hope to hear from the other actors as well.

Old 09-23-2006, 01:44 PM
Loyal Fan

this is all fantastic news!

Alex, I'm sure many people have told you this but you are incredible, we all may have written letters, but the initiative and drive you have had throughout this has been unbelieveable!

janelle, this is great hearing emily's mom and sister's responses. I can't wait to hear emily's response.

I just am so proud and grateful for being even a miniscule part of such an amazing thing.

Jenley <3
icon credit: Linsxx3
Old 10-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Passionate Fan

I can't wait to hear Emily's response either, you guys. It's Thanksgiving weekend here, and her Mom told me earlier that she was pretty sure Em would be home, so she'd give her the book then. I haven't heard whether or not she's home yet for certain. But if she is, hopefully we'll hear from her soon!
Old 10-06-2006, 09:03 PM
Master Fan

I keep forgetting you guys have Thanksgiving a bit earlier than we do here in the U.S

Yes, I really hope she comes home (with Chris perhaps so they can both see it! ) then you will have to get your butt back here to tell us! I can't wait!

Alex- Any word on a reply back from any of the other actors?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread