Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2006, 06:47 AM
New Fan

this is so great! i can imagine it looks amazing from all what i saw up to now
i'm really really looking forward to when i can see it for the first time

and i don't think the actors know about it or i hope they don't because it would be pretty good i think. it would be such an amazing surprise.

oh and... i introduced myself
Old 08-17-2006, 06:54 AM
buffyannAlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by taquita
this is so great! i can imagine it looks amazing from all what i saw up to now
i'm really really looking forward to when i can see it for the first time

and i don't think the actors know about it or i hope they don't because it would be pretty good i think. it would be such an amazing surprise.

oh and... i introduced myself
Thanks again, taquita.
I'll post pictures tonight (my time, so in 4 to 6 hours).
The Internet version should be online in a week or 2.

I saw you introduced yourself in the newbie thread but you could do the same int the Everwood Introduction Thread and tell us what's your favorite character, couples you ships etc.
Here's a link to the thread :
http://www.fanforum.com/f104/re-intr...ead-2-a-49759/

Old 08-17-2006, 01:11 PM
buffyannAlex

Okay, as promised, here's couple of pictures of the printed version of the book (click for enlarge version):

I hope you like the result

Old 08-17-2006, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

That's AMAZING! Oh my GOD!

Alex, that's just gorgeous! I can't believe how talented you are and how much work you put into this. I'm in awe.

Excellent job! Incredible....

Words have lost all meaning as I look at what you created...
Old 08-17-2006, 05:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

OMG, that looks amazing! I'm so proud of you Alex! You did a wonderful job.

I'm sure the Actors and everyone else will love that Book! I can't wait for the PC Version.

Thanks again for doing all that.

Icon by Missy thx
Old 08-17-2006, 10:28 PM
buffyannAlex

Thanks girls. That means a lot. You've been so kind during the whole project, it was really incredible to have your support. thanks.

and Coffee is proud. wow. This is just wow.....

The computer version should be online in a week or two.

Last edited by buffyannAlex; 08-18-2006 at 12:37 AM

Old 08-18-2006, 07:28 AM
Master Fan

It's so beautiful, Alex! It came out perfect! The cast will love these, I just know it!
Old 08-19-2006, 01:53 AM
buffyannAlex

Guys.... IT'S DONE !!!!

I just got back from the post office, where I think I wrote my adress 30 times on various papers but it's finally done. The books are on their way to Berlanti and the core Actors.(Except for Emily VanCamp because I will send her her book via Janelle next week).
The book are supposed to get to them in around 5 to 10 open days. If we don't hear from them, I have added a acknowledgement of receipt so I should know it arrived fine.
I added a version of the book on CD to Greg Berlanti and asked him to transmit it to anyone related to the show if he's willing to.
I also plan to write to Carl, Berlanti's assistant, to let him know the book is on his way so he could expect it between all the fan mail.

I can't tell you how happy and relieved I feel right now. I feel like the pressure is gone and I almost wanna cry. This has been so hard this past 2 months, I have a very demanding job as it is, a extreme busy schedule and all of my free time was devoted to the book. It requested a lot of energy, and I can tell you it has sometimes compromised my personnal life. It's been very hard sometimes. However, even if sometimes I wanted to let go and sleep, never did I thought we were doing a bad thing. I always thought is was a great hommage to send this book because I know that, in time, people move on and stop thinking about it and I believed we needed to honour this show for everything it's meant to us for 4 years...
I'm also very proud that we were able to send it to the actors. I think they're what makes this show what it is, along with Berlanti's genius writing and I think it's only natural that our gratefulness get to them. and I hope they'll appreciate the gesture just as much as Berlanti.

I wanna thank everyone on this board who gave me his support. You were all so great with me and this project, I can really say that I would have had a major breakdown if I were alone with this. I tried to make the project known everywhere, I was sometimes pissed than nobody seemed to care about it and only here did I got an amazing support and help. Thank you all for this !!

I also wanna thank every donators. you know who you are. You came to the rescue when I was scared of having to afford all of it by myself, you were all very generous. Thank to you, we were able to make a beautiful book. That means more than my words can say. Thank you !

Thank also to my dear proofreaders (Michelle, Rachel, Janelle, Ashley) who worked their asses in just a few days to make the deadline. There was a lot of proofreading to do because we have letters from all over the world and you made sure to correct everything and stayed faithful to the letter's spirit. You did an outstanding job, thanks for your help.

A special thank you to Janelle who will transmit the book to Emily. You're so great for doing this, I can't tell you how much it means to me. Thank to you, we're sure that Emily will get the book and that's absolutely phenomenal. Thanks for getting you involved in this.

I hope we'll get some news from either Berlanti or one of the actors when they get it. I'll let you know how everything goes.

Finally, here's the letter I wrote accompagning the book :

Quote:
In the world of television where diversity and change is the rule, it's actually pretty rare to find a show you can really connect with. But that's what happened with Everwood.
For four years, it actually lead us places where we could feel like home, in the most unlikely town with all these attaching characters. The atmosphere and storylines felt so real that we could instantely dive into the story and feel what every character was experiencing. Ultimately, it mades of us, the fans, and the show, one wonderful family. Which is, in the end, very Everwoodian.

When the show got cancelled, I saw that every fan, how disappointed as they were, were also equally grateful to have experienced watching it for so long and kept talking about how this show meant so much to them. And I just felt like, if there was one thing we could do, it was to tell you all of this and honor Everwood the way it should be. That's when the Thankful Book idea came to life. A way for each and everyone of us to say goodbye to Everwood and to put our thoughts on the show on paper to thank you all. So I gathered letters from lots of fans, and made the book I can finally hand over to you now.

I think most of us are now getting back into our lives, we have accepted the show's fate. After all, it's "just" a show and our lives don't depend on it. Everybody moves on. But I think that's why this book is necessary. I truly think some things in life needs to be remembered and cherished. Whether they're stupid little things or life changing event. Some experiences need to not be forgotten because they just marked you.

I hope that if you ever look back on your Everwood experience in the future, that you'll look back at this book and remember how much we adored it and how grateful we've been all the time it aired. "Change is bound to happen, whether we like it or not". We're starting another year, without Everwood. But we won't forget. That's all we wanted to say with this gesture.

I hope you'll enjoy reading this book as much as we loved watching the show.
Thanks for everything you brought us for 4 years. It's been a blast.

Old 08-19-2006, 05:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffyannAlex
Guys.... IT'S DONE !!!!
YAY!

Quote:
I can't tell you how happy and relieved I feel right now. I feel like the pressure is gone and I almost wanna cry. This has been so hard this past 2 months, I have a very demanding job as it is, a extreme busy schedule and all of my free time was devoted to the book. It requested a lot of energy, and I can tell you it has sometimes compromised my personnal life. It's been very hard sometimes. However, even if sometimes I wanted to let go and sleep, never did I thought we were doing a bad thing. I always thought is was a great hommage to send this book because I know that, in time, people move on and stop thinking about it and I believed we needed to honour this show for everything it's meant to us for 4 years...
^^ This is why you are so amazing, Alex.

I couldn't be more proud of you... your determination, passion, kindness, your incredibly selfless ways, you simply blow me away with what you accomplishsed and even more than that, the reasoning behind WHY you accomplished this is something else. It's like you literally spoke for every, single Everwood fan out there, fighting for us, allowing us to be heard through this priceless project. You do realize this, right? You put us all your back, you carried us this entire way and you gave us a voice and an opinion that will be heard. You sacrificed so much to accomplish this... you're just amazing.

Thank you so much for EVERYTHING, Alex. Brilliant job. Thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart...

Last edited by jediwands; 08-19-2006 at 05:18 AM
Old 08-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Master Fan

I feel the words "Amazing" and "incredible" fall short of what you are, and what you've created, Alex!

You've told us all the time and effort and at times, sacrifices you made to brin this book to life, and yet, we won't ever really know. The proofreaders (me being one of them) know what that was like, but really it was a small (and important) part of the grand scheme of things. I can't imagine what it was like to submit that much personal time for something. But the hard work shows, and it paid off big time.

So thank YOU for coming up with this idea, and not dismissing it, but presenting it to the board, and taking creative reign in making sure it started off well and ended as it should
Old 08-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm lost for words. Doesn't happen to often.. Alex, you are just amazing. All the time and Effort, you put into that book, just wonderful. It turned out to be such a wonderful book, it looks fantastic.

I am glad, that we are able to reach out so many of the Cast.

Despite you writing, how much work and sacrifice it was, we can't really comprehend it, cause we are not directly involved. But I guess, everyone of us really appreciates it, what you have done and we're all so proud of you.

Giving you support was the easiest thing I could do. I always believed in you and your idea and believe me, I wish I could have done more.

I really hope, we'll, better said, you will get some Feedback from Berlanti or any of the others. Just to see, what they think of the book, I'm sure they'll love it as much as we do.

Once again, Alex, thanks so much for doing that, you did an amazing Job.

Icon by Missy thx
Old 08-20-2006, 07:58 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffyannAlex (View Post)

A special thank you to Janelle who will transmit the book to Emily. You're so great for doing this, I can't tell you how much it means to me. Thank to you, we're sure that Emily will get the book and that's absolutely phenomenal. Thanks for getting you involved in this.
ALEX!!!!! The book looks absolutely AMAZING. I'm incredibly proud of you!!

And please, I'm happy to do this! It makes me just thrilled that she's going to get this book. I know she's going to love it.

Oh, and I'm calling Em's mom tomorrow, and will e-mail you my address tomorrow, Alex.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:08 AM
buffyannAlex

You're all very sweet. Thanks a lot for everything you said, I can't say how much it touched me when reading your posts. Thank you.

Janelle> That's perfect. I'll send it to you probably thursday or friday so it won't arrive before the 27th. That's perfect. I'll let you know by email when I do. Do you need the mail to be registered (exchange againt signature or not) ?
It so rocks that you'll get the book to Emily directly.

Old 08-21-2006, 08:44 AM
New Fan

WOW. The book looks amazing. You did such a good job on it!
Old 08-23-2006, 07:36 AM
New Fan

I wasn't here for sometime because I have some problems with my internet. One time it works and then- one hour later it doesn't ... It seems as it sometimes does not feel like it
but now it does so I wanted to see how everything goes along.
Oh I'm sooo excited about all the reactions to the books. I think they all will be overwhelmed... at least I would feel this way and I can imagine they will do as well
Closed Thread   Post New Thread