Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2018, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Great question. You know how I will answer lol, but I really want others to join in and give their thoughts first.
Yep. I think you know how I will answer too.

Let's see if others join first!
Old 09-02-2018, 11:28 AM
New Fan

Hey, guys.

Dr. Harold Abbott. I think I have to go with him. He's just so different than me and manages to bring me closer to him. You know when you meet a character and you're like "oh, THIS guy!?" and you hate him right away? And then something happens. Well, it happened with him at least. He didn't change so much, but he kind of made me love him simply because he was himself and totally authentic and socially awkward. Also, he takes a lot of crap. I mean, I think parents of high school kids take a lot, but he gets it from all over and he deals with it pretty well. Plus, he's hilarious and honest and always thinking ethically.

Hope everyone's well. Just finished parenthood - Tom Amandes was great in it!

Jeremy
Old 09-02-2018, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everfan (View Post)
Hey, guys.

Dr. Harold Abbott. I think I have to go with him. He's just so different than me and manages to bring me closer to him. You know when you meet a character and you're like "oh, THIS guy!?" and you hate him right away? And then something happens. Well, it happened with him at least. He didn't change so much, but he kind of made me love him simply because he was himself and totally authentic and socially awkward. Also, he takes a lot of crap. I mean, I think parents of high school kids take a lot, but he gets it from all over and he deals with it pretty well. Plus, he's hilarious and honest and always thinking ethically.

Jeremy
Love your thoughts, Jeremy!! You're right about Harold. He was annoying when we first met him...a real fuddy duddy! As the show progressed we did get to see how deep his was...his goodness...his intelligence...his warmth as a husband, parent, and friend. In reality he was an amazing man.

The same thing happened with Bright. He wasn't my favorite character at first, but after an initial dislike...I grew to love him.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everfan (View Post)
Hey, guys.

Jeremy
Glad you enjoyed Parenthood! Feel free to post your Parenthood thoughts on OT2. I know some others on the board have watched the show and I'm sure would love to hear your thoughts.

Good choice picking Harold. A case can be made Harold made the biggest transformation out of all the characters. I loved his interaction with Dr. Trott, lol.

Harold was a great father, husband, son, and friend. He had some issues (he was human after all) but overall he had a heart of gold.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Love your thoughts, Jeremy!! You're right about Harold. He was annoying when we first met him...a real fuddy duddy! As the show progressed we did get to see how deep his was...his goodness...his intelligence...his warmth as a husband, parent, and friend. In reality he was an amazing man.

The same thing happened with Bright. He wasn't my favorite character at first, but after an initial dislike...I grew to love him.
So true, Betty, regarding Bright.

When you think about the Pilot alone...

Harold came across as stiff, ultra conservative (to the point of being unwilling to listen to anyone who didn't share his thoughts), and unbending.

Bright came across as a dumb jock bully.

Boy did they both evolve as the series moved along.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Anyone else have some thoughts?
Old 09-05-2018, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

As you all know...my favorite Everwood character is Ephram. I immediately felt for him and fell for him. What drew me to Ephram was the fact that he was kind of tragic. He lost his mom....he really didn't have a dad....and he was uprooted from the only home he knew. Here he was in a new town in a new state...no friends...a loner type and a little "weird" in a good way. I admired his sensitivity...his sarcastic humor....his intelligence...his talent....and his beautiful squinty eyes. From the very beginning of the Browns moving to Everwood I rooted for Ephram to get the girl (Amy) and rooted for him to make friends with Andy...and I rooted for him to fit into this quaint town and be happy.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 09-05-2018 at 10:10 AM
Old 09-05-2018, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
As you all know...my favorite Everwood character is Ephram. I immediately felt for him and fell for him. What drew me to Ephram was the fact that her was kind of tragic. He lost his mom....he really didn't have a dad....and he was uprooted from the only home he knew. Here he was in a new town in a new state...no friends...a loner type and a little "weird" in a good way. I admired his sensitivity...his sarcastic humor....his intelligence...and his beautiful squinty eyes. From the very beginning of the Browns moving to Everwood I rooted for Ephram to get the girl (Amy) and rooted for him to make friends with Andy...and I rooted for him to fit into this quaint town and be happy.
So well said.

I even love the squinty eyes bit, you certainly know your Ephram.

Also... Greg Smith playing Ephram made Ephram a gem. Could you imagine any other actor playing Ephram? Do you think another actor could have done Ephram the justice Greg gave him?
Old 09-05-2018, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
So well said.

I even love the squinty eyes bit, you certainly know your Ephram.

Also... Greg Smith playing Ephram made Ephram a gem. Could you imagine any other actor playing Ephram? Do you think another actor could have done Ephram the justice Greg gave him?
Once you are used to a character whom you love...you can't imagine anyone else playing that character. So...I would say that no one else could do Ephram the justice that Greg did.
Of course...that's because I fell in love with Greg as well as Ephram. So..perhaps if the character of Ephram had been played by someone else from the beginning...I may have fallen in love wth that actor just the same. Of course...we'll never know!

It's the same with Andy. At first (I believe) they wanted Tom Armandes to play Andy. No matter how I picture it...I can't think of anyone who could play Andy better than Treat.

Michelle, I know that Amy is your favorite character. Can you tell us why?
Old 09-05-2018, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Once you are used to a character whom you love...you can't imagine anyone else playing that character. So...I would say that no one else could do Ephram the justice that Greg did.
Of course...that's because I fell in love with Greg as well as Ephram. So..perhaps if the character of Ephram had been played by someone else from the beginning...I may have fallen in love wth that actor just the same. Of course...we'll never know!

It's the same with Andy. At first (I believe) they wanted Tom Armandes to play Andy. No matter how I picture it...I can't think of anyone who could play Andy better than Treat.
Did they really? I never knew (or maybe forgot) that they wanted Tom to play Andy!
Old 09-05-2018, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Michelle, I know that Amy is your favorite character. Can you tell us why?
Emily VanCamp. She the #1 reason why Amy is my favorite Everwood character.

I remember first viewing her on the screen as Amy. I was floored. I couldn't believe how magical she was. I was like, mesmerized. She pulled me in from the moment Amy entered my life.

Amy is real, she is flawed but real. She went through hell and back given the Colin situation. She had so much on her plate as a young teen girl, I am shocked she didn't snap to be honest. Her depression was realistic and quite fitting, but it could have been a lot worse. I loved how she was essentially "saved" by the purple haired boy she fell for. Amy never belonged in that bratty popular group. She was drawn to the Ephram's and Hannah's instead. She had a caring heart. She changed Ephram Brown's life as much as Ephram changed her life. They were so perfect for each other. I just loved how she evolved. She was intelligent, kind, strong, great sense of humor, and like I said, flawed. In seasons 1/2, she didn't always make the right decisions, yet we pulled for her because Emily brought such a realness to Amy. I also loved when she was finally all in with Ephram, she was the best girlfriend at the end of season 2/all of season 3. She was loyal, dedicated, supportive, loving. She would have moved heaven and earth for Ephram. She got burned at the end of season 3 and took some time to regroup in season 4. I loved her maturity and strength in season 4.

But as we know, Everwood never held back from telling difficult stories. Look no further than Amy's Season 2 arc as one of the most realistic depictions of teenage depression I have ever seen on television and this is coming from a Clinical Research Psychologist. Amy battled and won. On any other network, Emily would have won an Emmy.

Amy has always been my favorite character and the credit goes to the one and only, Emily VanCamp.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Did they really? I never knew (or maybe forgot) that they wanted Tom to play Andy!
I Really think I read that somewhere. It could have been a hallucination! lol Maybe someone else remembers? Is someone else out there? lol
Old 09-05-2018, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

I remember first viewing her on the screen as Amy. I was floored. I couldn't believe how magical she was. I was like, mesmerized. She pulled me in from the moment Amy entered my life.

Amy is real, she is flawed but real. She went through hell and back given the Colin situation. She had so much on her plate as a young teen girl, I am shocked she didn't snap to be honest. Her depression was realistic and quite fitting, but it could have been a lot worse. I loved how she was essentially "saved" by the purple haired boy she fell for. Amy never belonged in that bratty popular group. She was drawn to the Ephram's and Hannah's instead. She had a caring heart. She changed Ephram Brown's life as much as Ephram changed her life. They were so perfect for each other. I just loved how she evolved. She was intelligent, kind, strong, great sense of humor, and like I said, flawed. In seasons 1/2, she didn't always make the right decisions, yet we pulled for her because Emily brought such a realness to Amy. I also loved when she was finally all in with Ephram, she was the best girlfriend at the end of season 2/all of season 3. She was loyal, dedicated, supportive, loving. She would have moved heaven and earth for Ephram. She got burned at the end of season 3 and took some time to regroup in season 4. I loved her maturity and strength in season 4.

But as we know, Everwood never held back from telling difficult stories. Look no further than Amy's Season 2 arc as one of the most realistic depictions of teenage depression I have ever seen on television and this is coming from a Clinical Research Psychologist. Amy battled and won. On any other network, Emily would have won an Emmy.

Amy has always been my favorite character and the credit goes to the one and only, Emily VanCamp.
Beautiful thoughts about a beautiful actress playing a beautiful character. I love your thoughts!!

Sweet recent video with Emily and Tom....

Old 09-05-2018, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Beautiful thoughts about a beautiful actress playing a beautiful character. I love your thoughts!!

Sweet recent video with Emily and Tom....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT1wu781yoU&t=48s
Old 09-05-2018, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I Really think I read that somewhere. It could have been a hallucination! lol Maybe someone else remembers? Is someone else out there? lol
For right now, it's just two mods, that's it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread