Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2017, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Absolutely!

I would have been livid as well, but I wonder how much the episode would have changed if the show hadn't been cancelled. Would it have run like it did with the exception of the ending where we saw Madison and then we saw Ephram going in to call her while Amy was waiting outside by the Ferris Wheel? If so, I would have been throwing things at the screen.
Apparently that is precisely what would have transpired. Everything would have been the same, the entire episode, minus that last scene. We would have seen Amy standing at the Ferris Wheel with Ephram dealing with Madison's phone call.

Quote:
I was really happy that we got that scene where Amy basically said that her "love" for Colin was more of a concept than an actual feeling and she compared it to wanting to marry Big Bird when she was 6. By the way, I just watched that scene again and I started crying. God I loved that show!
That scene was so beautiful! I remember in the past we had debates on whether Amy truly loved Colin or not. It's almost as if Berlanti read those threads because he made it clear in this flashback Amy did not truly love him. It was a crush, an immature crush.

My heart almost stops when Ephram tells Amy he thinks you can have a Soulmate. I seriously just got goosebumps on my arms thinking about this, typing my thoughts to you. That part is so phenomenal. The connection between Ephram/Amy is off the charts intense/compelling even when Amy's still suffering from depression and they're with the wrong people at the time. They are STILL drawn to each other.

Quote:
I totally agree that it was completely unnecessary to write Laynie off the show and replace her with Hannah, and it represented another misstep made by Berlanti and the writers.
Three things will always bother me in an otherwise amazing, magical, off the charts high quality show:

1. Chucking Laynie
2. Madisongate
3. Amandagate

Those three things didn't have to happen. 3 was the result of 2. 1 is just like you said, a misstep. I remember people talking about maybe the actress wanting off the show but there was zero evidence out there about Nora wanting to leave. Nothing. I really do think it was the decision made by TPTB only.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

We never saw Delia actually date anyone since obviously she was a bit too young.

What type of guy do you think would be Delia’s type? Would he be athletic? Musically gifted like her brother? Shy or outgoing? Extroverted or Introverted? What type would you see her dating/ending up with? What do you think?
Old 11-01-2017, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I'm thinking about it too.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That makes three of us thinking about it! Great question!
Old 11-01-2017, 10:22 PM
Administrator

That makes four of us thinking! Great question!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-03-2017, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What type of guy do you think would be Delia’s type? Would he be athletic? Musically gifted like her brother? Shy or outgoing? Extroverted or Introverted? What type would you see her dating/ending up with? What do you think?

I was thinking about Delia's dating experience in High School. I am pretty sure that Delia would be involved in some kind of sport in HS. We know she plays hockey and probably softball (she's got to make use of those baseball caps. ) So...being a jock she will be around the jocks and probably be hit on by some of them. Delia does have a soft spot in her heart for jock-types (evident from her feelings about Bright). Especially if they're tall. lol Delia also loved her brother very much and I'm sure has a soft spot for the artistic sensitive type. Now...if she were to meet a sensitive artistic jock...she would be in heaven! Bottom line is I don't believe Delia's preference is limited to one type. She finds the good in all people. After all...she found the good in Magilla! Delia would give any guy a chance (unless he was an evident jerk) and date with an open mind. She would, however, want a guy who is ambitious and works hard...no slackers for her. After all..she is Andy's daughter.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 11-03-2017 at 06:59 AM
Old 11-03-2017, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)

I was thinking about Delia's dating experience in High School. I am pretty sure that Delia would be involved in some kind of sport in HS. We know she plays hockey and probably softball (she's got to make use of those baseball caps. ) So...being a jock she will be around the jocks and probably be hit on by some of them. Delia does have a soft spot in her heart for jock-types (evident from her feelings about Bright). Especially if they're tall. lol Delia also loved her brother very much and I'm sure has a soft spot for the artistic sensitive type. Now...if she were to meet a sensitive artistic jock...she would be in heaven! Bottom line is I don't believe Delia's preference is limited to one type. She finds the good in all people. After all...she found the good in Magilla! Delia would give any guy a chance (unless he was an evident jerk) and date with an open mind. She would, however, want a guy who is ambitious and works hard...no slackers for her. After all..she is Andy's daughter.
I love your thoughts, Betty. She did have a little crush on Bright too so we know she probably does like the popular jock type or she certainly did as a little girl. Yes, I think she would have continued playing hockey and good point about softball, maybe softball too! You kind of date in high school who you see/hang out with the most so that would mean Delia spending a lot of time with girls and guys into sports most likely. You are also right that she would want a guy for a long term relationship/marriage who was not a slacker. She's not only Andy's daughter but Julia's too. Those genes are way too strong.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:07 PM
Administrator

Excellent question Michelle. I saw Delia as a very warm, bright, and optimistic young woman who inherited the best qualities of both of her parents. In many ways, she was the opposite of Ephram, who was often sullen and moody, and she didn’t harbor the deep resentment toward her father that Ephram did. It seemed to me that she loved her father unconditionally, and she had an easygoing personality, so I could see her being very popular in High School and she’d probably have a lot of boys interested in her. I could possibly see her being with someone who loved horses like she did, and maybe she would have met someone when she would go out to that ranch to ride her horse. Delia was pretty outgoing from what we saw, so I think she would date someone equally outgoing, but she’d also want someone who had some ambition and who would treat her right. Delia also had a kind and understanding heart, so I think that any guy she ended up with would be lucky to have her in their life.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-05-2017, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Excellent question Michelle. I saw Delia as a very warm, bright, and optimistic young woman who inherited the best qualities of both of her parents. In many ways, she was the opposite of Ephram, who was often sullen and moody, and she didn’t harbor the deep resentment toward her father that Ephram did. It seemed to me that she loved her father unconditionally, and she had an easygoing personality, so I could see her being very popular in High School and she’d probably have a lot of boys interested in her. I could possibly see her being with someone who loved horses like she did, and maybe she would have met someone when she would go out to that ranch to ride her horse. Delia was pretty outgoing from what we saw, so I think she would date someone equally outgoing, but she’d also want someone who had some ambition and who would treat her right. Delia also had a kind and understanding heart, so I think that any guy she ended up with would be lucky to have her in their life.
Great thoughts, Jerry. You are so right about Delia and Ephram having completely opposite personalities. While I don't see Delia as a full on Extrovert, she certainly wouldn't be Introverted and would lean way more on the Extroverted side. Yes, she would definitely be in the popular group, as a great athlete hanging around the athletes at the high school in general. I see Delia as having a strong personality, very friendly and not afraid to stick up for her friends. I think girls would want to be like her and guys would want to date her. Guys would love her due to being attractive and their dates would consist of hockey, football and baseball games. It would be a great deal, lol. So true about horses. Delia was not only athletic in hockey but she also loved the outdoors/horses. I'd imagine she'd love to ride and experience nature, etc. Yes, the guy Delia ended up with would be one lucky dude. Amy gave her sound advice. I think Delia took to heart what Amy said and it only opened up her personality all the more too.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

To add, that's also why I cringed so much when Madison was so girly with her. I think Delia appreciated some of the girl stuff overall but if it were up to Madison, she would have washed away all her other traits and made her into the typical girl type. It was night and day seeing Madison's influence versus Amy's influence on Delia. In that short season 3 scene with Delia and Amy, it felt so much more real and natural.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
To add, that's also why I cringed so much when Madison was so girly with her. I think Delia appreciated some of the girl stuff overall but if it were up to Madison, she would have washed away all her other traits and made her into the typical girl type. It was night and day seeing Madison's influence versus Amy's influence on Delia. In that short season 3 scene with Delia and Amy, it felt so much more real and natural.
I guess that I've blocked out anything to do with Madison because what I most recall about Madison and Delia's interaction is when Delia fired her for hurting her brother!

Old 11-05-2017, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Great thoughts, Jerry. You are so right about Delia and Ephram having completely opposite personalities. While I don't see Delia as a full on Extrovert, she certainly wouldn't be Introverted and would lean way more on the Extroverted side. Yes, she would definitely be in the popular group, as a great athlete hanging around the athletes at the high school in general. I see Delia as having a strong personality, very friendly and not afraid to stick up for her friends. I think girls would want to be like her and guys would want to date her. Guys would love her due to being attractive and their dates would consist of hockey, football and baseball games. It would be a great deal, lol. So true about horses. Delia was not only athletic in hockey but she also loved the outdoors/horses. I'd imagine she'd love to ride and experience nature, etc. Yes, the guy Delia ended up with would be one lucky dude. Amy gave her sound advice. I think Delia took to heart what Amy said and it only opened up her personality all the more too.
Great thoughts Michelle. I would have loved seeing Delia having a mother in her life again (well, a step-mother) once Andy married Nina. Delia and Nina seemed to like each other a lot so it would have been nice to have seen them interacting as a family. I also think that Amy would have been a wonderful older sister to Delia (which we had already saw evidence of throughout the series) once her and Ephram were back together again.

Old 11-05-2017, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I love your thoughts, Betty. She did have a little crush on Bright too so we know she probably does like the popular jock type or she certainly did as a little girl. :
Delia would be hanging with the Popular crowd, because she did in middle school...with Brittany and that group. She be asked out by tons of guys..popular and not popular because she is beautiful and has a really sweet friendly outgoing personality (as Jerry mentioned). She won't be a pushover..that's for sure. I saw her as being confident and independent, so she will be particular about whom she will date.

Quote:
Great thoughts Michelle. I would have loved seeing Delia having a mother in her life again (well, a step-mother) once Andy married Nina. Delia and Nina seemed to like each other a lot so it would have been nice to have seen them interacting as a family. I also think that Amy would have been a wonderful older sister to Delia (which we had already saw evidence of throughout the series) once her and Ephram were back together again.
That's why I was not totally satisfied with Everwood's ending. We were deprived of seeing all of this.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I guess that I've blocked out anything to do with Madison because what I most recall about Madison and Delia's interaction is when Delia fired her for hurting her brother!

What annoys me so much is how confusing the entire Ephram/Madison crap was for Delia. She never should have been put in such a strange position. She was a child and no one, including Ephram sadly, was looking out for her.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Totally agree. Nina and Amy would have continued to be such great influences on Delia. Nina would be her step-mom and Amy, her true sister-in-law. Delia would have been set. I also would have liked seeing Delia and Sam interact too.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread