Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2018, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Thst's exactly what I thought of when I read that...."I thought she said she only had liberal friends. "
I figured perceptive you would remember.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Anyone have a new question they'd like to explore?
Old 07-29-2018, 12:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

I just started watching Everwood for the first time on Hulu and it's one of the very few shows over the years that I've become addicted to. I used to watch too much television during my preteen/teen years because there was a lot of good stuff on but these days there hasn't really been anything that has really caught my attention enough for me to want to keep watching.
Old 07-29-2018, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca456 (View Post)
I just started watching Everwood for the first time on Hulu and it's one of the very few shows over the years that I've become addicted to. I used to watch too much television during my preteen/teen years because there was a lot of good stuff on but these days there hasn't really been anything that has really caught my attention enough for me to want to keep watching.
Hi there. Welcome to the board!

So glad you have found Everwood. It certainly is a special show. I've never watched another show that can compare to Everwood and I know I never will. I am fine with this fact.

Please feel free to share your thoughts here or on the General Rewatch Thread: http://www.fanforum.com/f104/everwoo...93/index7.html

... and anywhere else on the board, too!
Old 08-05-2018, 05:51 PM
New Fan

Quote:

Yes! Finished Everwood probably about a month ago. I definitely share your thoughts. I miss it like crazy.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

This show is impossible to let go of. It's a gem. Nothing compares.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

I finished Everwood and bawled like a baby. It felt incomplete. The CW could have given them one more season and we never got to see Andy and Nina as a couple I also hated that they killed Irv.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I finished Everwood and bawled like a baby. It felt incomplete. The CW could have given them one more season and we never got to see Andy and Nina as a couple I also hated that they killed Irv.
Completely agree.

I mean, I do feel the show ended like it was meant to end with the two main pairings ending up together romantically, Andy/Ephram on good terms, etc. But it seemed like there was so much more story to tell. It's definitely frustrating and like you said, not seeing Andy/Nina day-to-day as a romantic couple really sucks.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
That's true. They waited so long for Nina/Andy to unfold that basically we were left with only this. It could have been better if we were able to enjoy them at least a little bit as a couple.
Nina/Jake should have ended long before they did.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What would have happened if Jake had not told Nina to go back to Andy and he and Nina did leave for LA together?
Old 08-13-2018, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks, Betty!
Old 08-13-2018, 07:42 PM
Extreme Fan

X

Last edited by TL22; 08-14-2018 at 03:51 AM Reason: post in wrong thread
Old 08-14-2018, 07:37 AM
New Fan

Quote:
I know! Yes to all of that.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:48 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
What would have happened if Jake had not told Nina to go back to Andy and he and Nina did leave for LA together?
I think Nina would have come back to Everwood. I cannot imagine her living in any city at all. Not even a big town. Anything other than Everwood. I think they would have broken up and she would have come back to Everwood, needed healing and gotten it from Andy. Then they would have gotten together for the end of the series.

Just a dream, perhaps?

I like Jake. And I laughed every single time he called Dr. Abbot "Hal." Haha. AND Bailey Salinger is one of my favorite tv characters of all time. BUT, I think if they took my approach with the Jake/Nina thing....maybe we'd all be happier? Haha
Old 08-14-2018, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Such a great question, Betty! I don't think it's ever been asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everfan (View Post)
I think Nina would have come back to Everwood. I cannot imagine her living in any city at all. Not even a big town. Anything other than Everwood. I think they would have broken up and she would have come back to Everwood, needed healing and gotten it from Andy. Then they would have gotten together for the end of the series.

Just a dream, perhaps?

I like Jake. And I laughed every single time he called Dr. Abbot "Hal." Haha. AND Bailey Salinger is one of my favorite tv characters of all time. BUT, I think if they took my approach with the Jake/Nina thing....maybe we'd all be happier? Haha
LOL! I thought Jake was okay overall but I was never a fan of Nina/Jake. They just didn't fit and were obviously a relationship Berlanti felt was necessary before Andy/Nina finally got together. I actually agree because the relationship forced Andy to face the fact that he was in love with Nina and it was necessary to fight for her.

That said, I believe the Nina/Jake relationship went on for far too long. It just lingered and lingered. It should have been over a while before it officially ended.

Had this scenario played out and Nina went with him to LA... oh yes, I totally agree with you that it wouldn't have lasted very long. Nina in LA? No way. LOL. She wouldn't have liked the lifestyle. She might have liked the ocean but there's no way you can take Nina out of Everwood for long. Nina = Everwood. She would have missed it terribly.

Also... I think pretty early on she would have realized she was with the wrong guy. I think she knew this for a while, as early as season 3, for sure by season 4... she knew this, at least subconsciously. Once she got to LA and her entire world changed without Andy Brown in her life? She wouldn't have been happy. She would have been back living in Everwood, officially getting together with Andy before dust even had a chance to collect on her luggage.

The one thing I am wondering though... what would Andy have done? Would he have chased her to LA or taken it in the chin and accepted her decision?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread