Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2018, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Bright and Laynie would have worked out nicely. Guaranteed they would have slept together fairly early on in their relationship and would have been in sync going there too without Bright pressuring Laynie. They would have mutually gone there naturally. Laynie was strong enough to put up with Bright's flaws and Bright would have appreciated Laynie's wit, intelligence and strength.
I completely agree with this. I think that they would have made a nice couple and they would have balanced each other out really well as they each had strong attributes that would have meshed well.

Quote:
I wonder why this happened. I remember back in the day the Nora/Laynie thread was on fire with endless posts from people pissed off/confused over why Laynie disappeared and Hannah appeared instead. We never received confirmation on why this transpired. We did know Nora did not ask to leave. It seemed like a writing/storyline decision. We know season 3 was the season Berlanti stepped back some and gave the captain of the ship tag to Rina. Rina brought in Hannah. I wonder if Rina was the reason why Laynie was dumped in favor of Hannah. I do remember that the first sides we received on Fanbolt the summer before season 3, was the character of Hannah being a single white female character obsessed with Amy, causing all kinds of odd and serious trouble for Amy. She would become totally obsessed with Amy. We were on the Spoilers thread at Fanbolt freaking out, lol. I totally remember how much fun it was discussing. However, it was like a bipolar situation... Hannah went from single white female in the initial sides to the good girl, religious Christian, all pure and conservative, geeky two seconds later in edited sides! It was that quick, we are talking within about two weeks we saw single white female, then the purity version with sides and parts of transcripts. It was insane. I wonder if Rina stepped in and changed things up once she gained the leadership role.
Wow, that would have been interesting! Like you and Koni said, I think they got rid of Laynie because they wanted to get rid of anyone connected with Colin, which is a shame because Laynie was a very interesting character on her own, away from Colin and her parents.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-26-2018, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I completely agree with this. I think that they would have made a nice couple and they would have balanced each other out really well as they each had strong attributes that would have meshed well.
I can just picture their chemistry... the bantering and fun moments. Imagine the emotional scenes between them as they continued to mourn Colin. Bright breaking down in Laynie’s arms, Laynie needing a shoulder to cry on. Laynie’s parents were so broken down and nonexistent... Harold and Rose would have opened up their house to Laynie. We could have received so many great couple and friendship moments between Ephram/Amy and Bright/Laynie.

Man, Berlanti, you missed the boat!

Quote:
Wow, that would have been interesting! Like you and Koni said, I think they got rid of Laynie because they wanted to get rid of anyone connected with Colin, which is a shame because Laynie was a very interesting character on her own, away from Colin and her parents.
It’s a definite shame. I don’t understand why it was necessary. It was unrealistic due to the Amy/Laynie friendship too. It’s one thing for Laynie to want to get away from her parents, but I don’t buy her not keeping in touch with/visiting Amy. Plus, Hannah immediately entering the picture only made the sting of losing Laynie all the more irritating.
Old 04-01-2018, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have an idea for the next question when we get around to it

What if the Abbott Family were the ones to move to Everwood with the town doctor Dr. Brown just losing his wife, how would that affect the two doctor dynamic in a small town?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 04-01-2018, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
I have an idea for the next question when we get around to it

What if the Abbott Family were the ones to move to Everwood with the town doctor Dr. Brown just losing his wife, how would that affect the two doctor dynamic in a small town?
Excellent question!

Will change title.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Anyone want to tackle the question Patricia came up with?
Old 04-05-2018, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm thinking that Andy would welcome Harold in a much more receptive way than Harold welcomed Andy. Andy would be grieving, but he was not a fuddy duddy.. He wouldn't be so anal about his parking space and he wouldn't be jealous of Harold. Andy would welcome Harold in a more gracious way and the two of them would probably become friends much quicker.
I'm wondering if Andy would be the brain sursgeon in this case or would Harold be the brain surgeon?

I'm also thinking about the Amy/Ephram dynamic here. Would Ephram still be the piano geek? Would Amy and Bright move right into the popular group? Would Ephram befriend Amy as a friendly gesture to show her around? I guess there wouldn't be a Colin.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Excellent thoughts, Betty. You always participate even as a part-timer.

Totally agree that Andy would be way more flexible and welcoming.

I’m not sure what Patricia had in mind regarding Andy’s profession or Harold’s profession, primary or brain surgeon.

Good questions about Ephram/Amy and Bright.

My guess is Bright especially would fall on his feet fairly quickly and find a way to get into that popular group. Amy as well but I think it would depend on her mental state. Was she depressed? Amy was the type that could be very extroverted and loved hanging around people or could be very introverted and wanted to be left alone. It basically depended on her mood and environment.

Curious what type of group Ephram would have hung out with... the Wendell’s or maybe a more artsy/creative group?

I think Ephram/Amy would have met due to their dads being medical doctors. Sparks instantly!

No Colin kind of sounds... refreshing.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-05-2018 at 04:52 PM
Old 04-07-2018, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know where I was going with Andy's career, I never really imaged him as anything but a doctor, really.

I pictured it as Andy and Julia moved the children to Everwood to give them a better life, for Ephram to have a father and for Delia to have the same.

I would get that Andy would welcome Harold a lot more welcoming than Harold was to Andy and his family. The thing with Harold, he always wanted to be so much like his father, the great Doctor Abbott in Everwood, that another, obviously well-liked doctor, moves into town and there is competition. Harold had fear and instead of dealing with what was going on, he took it out on Andy.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 04-07-2018, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
I would get that Andy would welcome Harold a lot more welcoming than Harold was to Andy and his family. The thing with Harold, he always wanted to be so much like his father, the great Doctor Abbott in Everwood, that another, obviously well-liked doctor, moves into town and there is competition. Harold had fear and instead of dealing with what was going on, he took it out on Andy.
The difference in this case between Andy and Harold is that Harold was very insecure about a lot of things in is life...including his medical career. Andy may have been a little insecure regarding his personal life, but as doctor he was super confident.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Excellent point, Patricia regarding Harold. He always had fear/insecurity in his profession. He was carrying the torch, so to speak, taking over the family business. He wanted to make his father proud and not let down the townies. Andy comes to Everwood all cocky, confident, even promoting zero fees for healthcare too. Harold saw his practice initially taking a huge hit. It had to turn Harold's world upside down with anxiety and feeling threatened big time. Andy was the enemy, the threat for Harold initially. Then he had to see Amy falling for Andy's son as well, lol. Poor Harold. Throw in Harold having a strained relationship with Edna. He didn't have a stable relationship with his mother in the least which made things much worse for Harold. Edna even turns to Andy as well. Ouch, lol. He was carrying a large burden on his shoulders. We saw how Harold reacted when Linda returned in season 2 as well. Family issues, big time, for poor Harold. Without Rose, Harold would have crumbled. I've always believed this. I kind of wish we would have received more emphasis on Harold's family background. There were layers upon layers and Tom Amandes would have shined with the heavy material.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-08-2018 at 09:57 AM
Old 04-12-2018, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I guess we're all talked out on this topic... ^

So a new question to keep a little Everwood talk going:

I've always wondered about this scenario... scratch the Madison pregnancy nightmare... but what if Amy would have found out she was pregnant/carrying Ephram's baby at the end of season 3... what would Ephram/Amy have done? Yes, Amy wasn't gross Madison... Amy would have told Ephram about the pregnancy immediately...

So what would Ephram/Amy have done about the pregnancy? Kept the baby? Adoption? Abortion? How would the Browns and Abbotts have dealt with the situation when they found out about it? How would Andy and Harold specifically have reacted?
Old 04-12-2018, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I guess we're all talked out on this topic... ^

So a new question to keep a little Everwood talk going:

I've always wondered about this scenario... scratch the Madison pregnancy nightmare... but what if Amy would have found out she was pregnant/carrying Ephram's baby at the end of season 3... what would Ephram/Amy have done? Yes, Amy wasn't gross Madison... Amy would have told Ephram about the pregnancy immediately...

So what would Ephram/Amy have done about the pregnancy? Kept the baby? Adoption? Abortion? How would the Browns and Abbotts have dealt with the situation when they found out about it? How would Andy and Harold specifically have reacted?
Wow!!! Those are fantastic questions, Michelle!! I have to really think about the second set of questions. Regarding the first question....I feel pretty confidently that Amy is no Madison. She wouldn't want anything to get in the way of Ephram's audition. I don't believe she would say anything to Ephram right away.
Old 04-12-2018, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Wow!!! Those are fantastic questions, Michelle!! I have to really think about the second set of questions. Regarding the first question....I feel pretty confidently that Amy is no Madison. She wouldn't want anything to get in the way of Ephram's audition. I don't believe she would say anything to Ephram right away.
Thanks!

I just meant Amy wouldn't have kept the truth from Ephram for very long... so immediately, meaning, pretty quickly (certainly faster than lame Madison) but if the audition and NYC was happening, she definitely would have waited to tell him so he wasn't hit with something that huge which would have distracted him. But she definitely would have told him fairly quickly and certainly, the second the audition was over. However, if she would have found out about the pregnancy a month or two before the audition, she probably would have told him right then too since it wouldn't have been right before the audition. I could never see Amy waiting months before telling Ephram. It would enter betrayal territory and that was never happening. Plus, she'd want him to be a part of the decision. They were together and in love... maybe Amy would have kept the baby?

Last edited by jediwands; 04-12-2018 at 03:36 PM
Old 04-12-2018, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thanks!

I just meant Amy wouldn't have kept the truth from Ephram for very long... so immediately, meaning, pretty quickly but if the audition and NYC was happening, she definitely would have waited to tell him so he wasn't hit with something that huge which would have distracted him. But she definitely would have told him fairly quickly and certainly, the second the audition was over. However, if she would have found out about the pregnancy a month or two before the audition, she probably would have told him right then too since it wouldn't have been right before the audition. I could never see Amy waiting months before telling Ephram. It would enter betrayal territory and that was never happening. Plus, she'd want him to be a part of the decision. They were together and in love... maybe Amy would have kept the baby?
If Amy had told Ephram about the pregnancy after the audition (which got Ephram and acceptance into Julliard) would she second guess herself it Ephram declines the invitation to Julliard?
Old 04-13-2018, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
If Amy had told Ephram about the pregnancy after the audition (which got Ephram and acceptance into Julliard) would she second guess herself it Ephram declines the invitation to Julliard?
I’m not sure. Good question. I just think she’d feel way too much guilt not telling him though. Also, I believe the Browns and Abbotts would firmly be behind them and the decision Amy would make. There would be support.

What do you think?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread