Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2018, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle (View Post)
I actually would have loved Ephram breaking up with Stephanie before the Ferris Wheel scene. He could have broken up with her the episode before the series finale.
Honestly, Ephram should have broken up with Stephanie at Delia's party. Bad timing, but you know Ephram has never had good timing.

He was so attentive to Amy. I know they've always been friends, it's like friendship set on fire when they are romantically involved. He was there for Amy. He never once thought about Stephanie. He knew Amy needed him, he was there. He didn't ask why, he just knew he needed him. That connection would always be there. I don't see him having that connection with anyone else. Yeah, he only was dating Stephanie for a little while, and I think she could've been that girl for him if things were different and Amy wasn't in the picture. I kind of liked Stephanie, she wasn't terrible. I probably would've liked her a lot better if she just dated Topher or something lol

T
Quote:
hat’s true. Amy just seemed so great at finding out about Hannah’s dad’s illness. Even Jake was impressed. He couldn’t believe how much she knew before she even talked to him. He assumed she was premed.
Wouldn't it be something if she did actually end up working for Andy after Edna would have retired? (hmm, fanfic options lol) I do really think we didn't get to know A LOT about Amy to really get her passions. We only did get 4 seasons and sometimes characters outside of the Brown family weren't as developed I think, for good reason since the show centered around the family moving to Everwood after the mother suddenly dies.

Quote:
Another area for Amy would be law. I could totally see her fighting for the rights of people.
She does know how to fight lol I don't know. I know it's Everwood, what kind of law would she do? I just don't see it honestly..but what about being the mayor, like Rose was, after whoever the mayor became to be after Rose wasn't elected office for the next term.

Quote:
I think we can agree Amy would never be a stay at home mom without a career even if she’d take off time for their children. She’d need a passionate type of career to keep her busy.
Taking time off would about kill her lol I think she'd be like Rose. She'd have so much love for children, love everything about them, but be passionate about her career.

She is not a stay put kind of girl, I don't think it's in her nature.

Quote:
Lol It would have been great having you around when the episodes were airing live.
I was thinking about this the other day. Still 10 and some change years later, we are having these intellectual discussions. I'm not sure if waiting a full week for a new episode, damn, I couldn't even wait a few days until the next disc would arrive in the mail from the online dvd place I rented them from originally. I'd cave #withdrawls lol But yes, oh my, the analyzing, the character delayering to figure out. I know I missed out on some insane discussions when Everwood was airing. But honestly, do I really think I'd want to be around during Madison gate? I'm fairly passionately against it, I'd rip that poor girl to shreds lol

Quote:
Totally agree about Bright. He had a sweet gentle side to him. Full circle, indeed, being a counselor giving back to the community/helping kids. I could also see him coaching either football or basketball. He’d be great at motivating the athletes while balancing athletics and education. Counselor/coaching would be a nice combination for Bright.
Bright can read people read people really well. He knows how far to push to get a reaction instead of a shut down. That I think he gets from both parents. Just to know that Bright realizes that everyday he would be doing a good thing. Bright always struggled with knowing he was doing the right thing. He wondered what the right thing was to do, questioning himself. You know, hot teacher award would so totally go to him, even if he wasn't a teacher lol

Quote:
I could see Hannah in medicine too. We know she was artistic but I don’t see her art as a career, mainly for herself. Medicine or maybe working for her church too. At the very least doing volunteer work for the church. She’d definitely be involved with church functions and activities. It was a big part of her life.
Michelle do you see April as a stay at home mom, just curious. Her and Bright would certainly have children but April would want a career as well. Would it be too cute, even on Everwood standards, if Hannah ended up being an English teacher and Bright was the school counselor?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 02-27-2018, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
Honestly, Ephram should have broken up with Stephanie at Delia's party. Bad timing, but you know Ephram has never had good timing.
So true. Ephram had to have known the connection/chemistry with Amy was back big time when they danced together at the party. I know guys can be clueless but he simply couldn't have missed this, lol.

Quote:
He was so attentive to Amy. I know they've always been friends, it's like friendship set on fire when they are romantically involved. He was there for Amy. He never once thought about Stephanie. He knew Amy needed him, he was there. He didn't ask why, he just knew he needed him. That connection would always be there. I don't see him having that connection with anyone else. Yeah, he only was dating Stephanie for a little while, and I think she could've been that girl for him if things were different and Amy wasn't in the picture. I kind of liked Stephanie, she wasn't terrible. I probably would've liked her a lot better if she just dated Topher or something lol
LOL Me too. I love the bold... that is so Ephram/Amy...

I didn't mind Stephanie either. Then again, she was a million times better than Madison so she's going to look really exceptional as a result. I wouldn't have minded Ephram dating a Stephanie-type in season 2. We could have handled it because she was decent yet they wouldn't have amounted to anything significant because Ephram was still in love with Amy. A Stephanie-type is season 2 (without a pregancy!) would have been ideal.

Quote:
Wouldn't it be something if she did actually end up working for Andy after Edna would have retired? (hmm, fanfic options lol) I do really think we didn't get to know A LOT about Amy to really get her passions. We only did get 4 seasons and sometimes characters outside of the Brown family weren't as developed I think, for good reason since the show centered around the family moving to Everwood after the mother suddenly dies.
So true. Amy working for/with Andy would have been awesome because we saw good old Maddie working for Andy and how that worked out. Nope, Amy would be his daughter-in-law. It would have been great. We know Amy/Andy got close while Ephram was in NYC too which was phenomenal given where they were at after Colin's death. It would have been nice evolution for them.

Quote:
She does know how to fight lol I don't know. I know it's Everwood, what kind of law would she do? I just don't see it honestly..but what about being the mayor, like Rose was, after whoever the mayor became to be after Rose wasn't elected office for the next term.
She could maybe do corporate law, more about pushing papers or hey, bringing this to Chesapeake Shores... something Connor is getting into.

Quote:
Taking time off would about kill her lol I think she'd be like Rose. She'd have so much love for children, love everything about them, but be passionate about her career.

She is not a stay put kind of girl, I don't think it's in her nature.
Totally agree.

Quote:
I was thinking about this the other day. Still 10 and some change years later, we are having these intellectual discussions. I'm not sure if waiting a full week for a new episode, damn, I couldn't even wait a few days until the next disc would arrive in the mail from the online dvd place I rented them from originally. I'd cave #withdrawls lol But yes, oh my, the analyzing, the character delayering to figure out. I know I missed out on some insane discussions when Everwood was airing. But honestly, do I really think I'd want to be around during Madison gate? I'm fairly passionately against it, I'd rip that poor girl to shreds lol
It would have been tough for sure. The good news is when the episodes were airing live, no one was nervous that Ephram/Amy or Ephram/Andy would be destroyed. I remember people just annoyed that that dark cloud kept lingering until that witch showed up in NYC and told Ephram at the worst possible moment. I remember people were upset after it all went down but the good news is we never worried about long term effects. We knew it was just a matter of Madisongate finally exploding. Boy did it ever as we know. We all had each other to complain and go nuts with the intellectual discussion though which was fun.

Quote:
Bright can read people read people really well. He knows how far to push to get a reaction instead of a shut down. That I think he gets from both parents. Just to know that Bright realizes that everyday he would be doing a good thing. Bright always struggled with knowing he was doing the right thing. He wondered what the right thing was to do, questioning himself. You know, hot teacher award would so totally go to him, even if he wasn't a teacher lol
So true.

Quote:
Michelle do you see April as a stay at home mom, just curious. Her and Bright would certainly have children but April would want a career as well. Would it be too cute, even on Everwood standards, if Hannah ended up being an English teacher and Bright was the school counselor?
That would have been great. I could actually totally see it, the two of them having lunch together. They could have gone on vacation to the mountains for skiing and fun since they'd have those months off. As for Hannah as a stay at home mom... hmmm. I think if she didn't have good alternatives for childcare, yes. However, having Rose and Edna around would help this greatly I bet. Plus, if she worked in education, she would have months off in the summer and could go home and check on the kids over the lunch hour, etc. What do you think?
Old 03-02-2018, 12:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I didn't mind Stephanie either. Then again, she was a million times better than Madison so she's going to look really exceptional as a result. I wouldn't have minded Ephram dating a Stephanie-type in season 2. We could have handled it because she was decent yet they wouldn't have amounted to anything significant because Ephram was still in love with Amy. A Stephanie-type is season 2 (without a pregnancy!) would have been ideal.
For Stephanie, it wasn't awkward and they weren't hiding anything. Stephanie tried to get along with Andy and that isn't something that is easily done. I see that she could've been really good friends with Delia. She just seemed really nice. I feel bad that we never got a scene where Ephram had officially broken up with her. It's like she was kept waiting at the concert for (if in real time) 11 years

Quote:
Amy would be his daughter-in-law. It would have been great. We know Amy/Andy got close while Ephram was in NYC too which was phenomenal given where they were at after Colin's death. It would have been nice evolution for them.
I can see her bonding a lot with Andy. She would definitely bond with Andy on an everyday basis. It might even make Ephram just a little bit jealous that Amy has a closer connection to Andy than he does. Oh, what would it be like if Amy and Ephram got pregnant and Andy was going to be a grandpa...for real and not before because of Madisongate.

Quote:
She could maybe do corporate law, more about pushing papers or hey, bringing this to Chesapeake Shores... something Connor is getting into.
Oh goodness, a crossover between Everwood and Chesapeake Shores. Then I realized the father in both shows....IS THE SAME PERSON! lol It would have to be some alternate reality.

Quote:
It would have been tough for sure. The good news is when the episodes were airing live, no one was nervous that Ephram/Amy or Ephram/Andy would be destroyed. I remember people just annoyed that that dark cloud kept lingering until that witch showed up in NYC and told Ephram at the worst possible moment. I remember people were upset after it all went down but the good news is we never worried about long term effects. We knew it was just a matter of Madisongate finally exploding. Boy did it ever as we know. We all had each other to complain and go nuts with the intellectual discussion though which was fun.
We all knew that Andy sending Madison away would come back to haunt him, and yeah, it did. He nearly lost Ephram over it. If Ephram isn't as forgiving as he was, he might not have ever talked to Andy ever again. Ephram had a right to be upset. It wasn't just he hid the pregnancy, but Andy knew Ephram had a son out there and planned to never tell him. I know Andy said he wanted to tell him, but honestly, when would he? It had to be Madison to tell Ephram for Ephram to ever find out. Honestly, it was the worst timing. Only thing that would make it worse is if Ephram found out on his wedding day to Amy and Andy was his best man. Hmm...fanfic optinos lol But yeah, I was upset. I felt for Ephram. He finally viewed Andy as more than a father, but his friend, someone he could confide in. He was finally getting his audition at Julliard, he wanted Andy to see him play. That secret, oh my, that wrecked Ephram's world. He had every right to never trust Andy ever again. There's nothing you really say to make that moment better, it was just what it had to be...hurtful.

That would have been great. I could actually totally see it, the two of them having lunch together. They could have gone on vacation to the mountains for skiing and fun since they'd have those months off. As for Hannah as a stay at home mom... hmmm. I think if she didn't have good alternatives for childcare, yes. However, having Rose and Edna around would help this greatly I bet. Plus, if she worked in education, she would have months off in the summer and could go home and check on the kids over the lunch hour, etc. What do you think?[/QUOTE]

I think it would've been really honest and easy at the same time. So for TV magic, I'd add a troubled kid at County High to pull at Bright's strings a little bit to make his and Hannahs' relationship go a bit sour for a little bit.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 03-03-2018, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
For Stephanie, it wasn't awkward and they weren't hiding anything. Stephanie tried to get along with Andy and that isn't something that is easily done. I see that she could've been really good friends with Delia. She just seemed really nice. I feel bad that we never got a scene where Ephram had officially broken up with her. It's like she was kept waiting at the concert for (if in real time) 11 years
Exactly. The only one who deserved to be treated like crap was Madison since she was just... horrible. It sucks someone as decent as Stephanie didn't get a proper conclusion. We should have witnessed the break up scene. I would have loved seeing Greg as Ephram telling Stephanie he was still in love with Amy. The scene would have been magnificent because Ephram/Amy fans would have been smiling and Ephram would have praised Stephanie at the same time, telling her she deserved to be loved by someone just as decent and terrific as she was. Stephanie might have been a little hurt and disappointed but she was too decent not to understand. I think she'd even thank Ephram for his honesty.

Quote:
I can see her bonding a lot with Andy. She would definitely bond with Andy on an everyday basis. It might even make Ephram just a little bit jealous that Amy has a closer connection to Andy than he does. Oh, what would it be like if Amy and Ephram got pregnant and Andy was going to be a grandpa...for real and not before because of Madisongate.
Would have been awesome! I would have loved seeing the reactions of both Andy and Harold when finding out they were going to be Grandfathers.

What do you think the relationship between Harold and Ephram would be like in the future? Would they get closer?

Quote:
Oh goodness, a crossover between Everwood and Chesapeake Shores. Then I realized the father in both shows....IS THE SAME PERSON! lol It would have to be some alternate reality.
LOL!

Quote:
We all knew that Andy sending Madison away would come back to haunt him, and yeah, it did. He nearly lost Ephram over it. If Ephram isn't as forgiving as he was, he might not have ever talked to Andy ever again. Ephram had a right to be upset. It wasn't just he hid the pregnancy, but Andy knew Ephram had a son out there and planned to never tell him. I know Andy said he wanted to tell him, but honestly, when would he? It had to be Madison to tell Ephram for Ephram to ever find out. Honestly, it was the worst timing. Only thing that would make it worse is if Ephram found out on his wedding day to Amy and Andy was his best man. Hmm...fanfic optinos lol But yeah, I was upset. I felt for Ephram. He finally viewed Andy as more than a father, but his friend, someone he could confide in. He was finally getting his audition at Julliard, he wanted Andy to see him play. That secret, oh my, that wrecked Ephram's world. He had every right to never trust Andy ever again. There's nothing you really say to make that moment better, it was just what it had to be...hurtful.
It was definitely awful. Did you find it out of character for Madison not to tell Ephram and actually listen to Andy considering she never listened to him before? He begged her not to date Ephram and she did. He begged her not to hurt Ephram and she did. She also gets pregnant. She was hired by Andy to take care of his little girl, not to seduce his teenage son. Still makes me sick.

I also wonder how long Madison would have gone without telling Ephram. It seems the only reason she told him was because she bumped into him in NYC, then had the encounter with Andy which pissed her off so she was off to tell Ephram at the worst possible moment. What if they wouldn't have bumped into each other in NYC? Would Madison have ever told Ephram about the baby? I am going to change this to the actual discussion question, haha.

Quote:
I think it would've been really honest and easy at the same time. So for TV magic, I'd add a troubled kid at County High to pull at Bright's strings a little bit to make his and Hannahs' relationship go a bit sour for a little bit.
LOL Love it!
Old 03-03-2018, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Patricia and I have been having fun going back and forth... I thought of a new general discussion question...

Part of what I said:

I also wonder how long Madison would have gone without telling Ephram. It seems the only reason she told him was because she bumped into him in NYC, then had the encounter with Andy which pissed her off so she was off to tell Ephram at the worst possible moment. What if they wouldn't have bumped into each other in NYC?

So would Madison have ever told Ephram about the baby had she not bumped into him in NYC?
Old 03-03-2018, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Great question, Michelle!!! I have to think about this one!!
Old 03-03-2018, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks! Me too, actually! LOL Sounds good!
Old 03-03-2018, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thanks! Me too, actually! LOL Sounds good!
I don't believe this question has ever been asked before.
Old 03-03-2018, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I don't believe this question has ever been asked before.
Right?!?!?! I am shocked! I just stumbled upon it (entered my head) based on talking to Patricia.

Hope we get a good discussion!
Old 03-04-2018, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
So would Madison have ever told Ephram about the baby had she not bumped into him in NYC?
Great question

I don't think she would have, tbh. Madison could keep the secret as long as she didn't see him, she didn't have to think about him. The boy would be living his life in San Fransisco, Madison in New York and Ephram in Everwood. It was the perfect recipe. She couldn't lie to his face, but considering Madison, I thought he could. I'm glad he found out, it sucks he had to find out this way. But could Andy really have an honest, adult relationship with his adult son knowing that this child is out there without Ephram knowing?

Everyone is flawed in a way, no one is perfect, but to keep an entire person from someone on purpose? Really? I cannot see how Everwood could be true to their Father/Son story with this child being kept a secret. To this day, that decision, is one I cannot forgive from Andy.

That being said, I have a hypothetical question....maybe on our next discussion. What if Julia got pregnant with a third baby and had an abortion and Andy didn't find out about it until after moving the kids to Everwood? Coming from the idea that Julia was basically a single parent because Andy was working all the time.

Quote:
Right?!?!?! I am shocked! I just stumbled upon it (entered my head) based on talking to Patricia.

Hope we get a good discussion!
awe, thanks! I posted another question above. Hopefully that brings a good discussion too
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 03-04-2018, 10:14 PM
Administrator

I also don't think that Madison would have ever told Ephram about her getting pregnant and having a baby if she hadn't run into Ephram in New York. I think she was trying to put everything behind her and she wasn't living in Everwood anymore, so if her and Ephram didn't meet up in New York I think that she never would have told him, which I feel would have been better for everyone involved.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-04-2018, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I also don't think that Madison would have ever told Ephram about her getting pregnant and having a baby if she hadn't run into Ephram in New York. I think she was trying to put everything behind her and she wasn't living in Everwood anymore, so if her and Ephram didn't meet up in New York I think that she never would have told him, which I feel would have been better for everyone involved.
Jerry, do you think Andy would have ever told Ephram if Madison hadn't?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 03-04-2018, 11:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
Jerry, do you think Andy would have ever told Ephram if Madison hadn't?
I honestly don't think so Patricia. Andy wanted to protect Ephram and I also think that he knew that if he did tell Ephram, all the progress he had made with Ephram would be swept away, as it was on the show when he told Ephram that he had made Madison hide the truth from him, so I think that he would have continued to hide the truth from him.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-04-2018, 11:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I honestly don't think so Patricia. Andy wanted to protect Ephram and I also think that he knew that if he did tell Ephram, all the progress he had made with Ephram would be swept away, as it was on the show when he told Ephram that he had made Madison hide the truth from him, so I think that he would have continued to hide the truth from him.
I just think it's an act of betrayal. I know, in the end, for everyone involved, Ephram not knowing wouldn't have hurt anyone. But a secret that Andy would have to live with. I just don't think he could do it. He promised Julia he would get to know Ephram, I just think hiding a secret from him was like taking a million steps backwards
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 03-05-2018, 06:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
I just think it's an act of betrayal. I know, in the end, for everyone involved, Ephram not knowing wouldn't have hurt anyone. But a secret that Andy would have to live with. I just don't think he could do it. He promised Julia he would get to know Ephram, I just think hiding a secret from him was like taking a million steps backwards
I completely agree that it was an act of betrayal for everyone involved. Andy ended up with with an ulcer due to it I feel. I'm just not sure if he would ever have told Ephram. If he did, I feel he would have waited until Ephram was older and I don't know what Ephram's reaction would have been if he was older.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread