New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2017, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Excellent question Michelle. I saw Delia as a very warm, bright, and optimistic young woman who inherited the best qualities of both of her parents. In many ways, she was the opposite of Ephram, who was often sullen and moody, and she didn’t harbor the deep resentment toward her father that Ephram did. It seemed to me that she loved her father unconditionally, and she had an easygoing personality, so I could see her being very popular in High School and she’d probably have a lot of boys interested in her. I could possibly see her being with someone who loved horses like she did, and maybe she would have met someone when she would go out to that ranch to ride her horse. Delia was pretty outgoing from what we saw, so I think she would date someone equally outgoing, but she’d also want someone who had some ambition and who would treat her right. Delia also had a kind and understanding heart, so I think that any guy she ended up with would be lucky to have her in their life.
Great thoughts, Jerry. You are so right about Delia and Ephram having completely opposite personalities. While I don't see Delia as a full on Extrovert, she certainly wouldn't be Introverted and would lean way more on the Extroverted side. Yes, she would definitely be in the popular group, as a great athlete hanging around the athletes at the high school in general. I see Delia as having a strong personality, very friendly and not afraid to stick up for her friends. I think girls would want to be like her and guys would want to date her. Guys would love her due to being attractive and their dates would consist of hockey, football and baseball games. It would be a great deal, lol. So true about horses. Delia was not only athletic in hockey but she also loved the outdoors/horses. I'd imagine she'd love to ride and experience nature, etc. Yes, the guy Delia ended up with would be one lucky dude. Amy gave her sound advice. I think Delia took to heart what Amy said and it only opened up her personality all the more too.
The Apt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

To add, that's also why I cringed so much when Madison was so girly with her. I think Delia appreciated some of the girl stuff overall but if it were up to Madison, she would have washed away all her other traits and made her into the typical girl type. It was night and day seeing Madison's influence versus Amy's influence on Delia. In that short season 3 scene with Delia and Amy, it felt so much more real and natural.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
To add, that's also why I cringed so much when Madison was so girly with her. I think Delia appreciated some of the girl stuff overall but if it were up to Madison, she would have washed away all her other traits and made her into the typical girl type. It was night and day seeing Madison's influence versus Amy's influence on Delia. In that short season 3 scene with Delia and Amy, it felt so much more real and natural.
I guess that I've blocked out anything to do with Madison because what I most recall about Madison and Delia's interaction is when Delia fired her for hurting her brother!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Great thoughts, Jerry. You are so right about Delia and Ephram having completely opposite personalities. While I don't see Delia as a full on Extrovert, she certainly wouldn't be Introverted and would lean way more on the Extroverted side. Yes, she would definitely be in the popular group, as a great athlete hanging around the athletes at the high school in general. I see Delia as having a strong personality, very friendly and not afraid to stick up for her friends. I think girls would want to be like her and guys would want to date her. Guys would love her due to being attractive and their dates would consist of hockey, football and baseball games. It would be a great deal, lol. So true about horses. Delia was not only athletic in hockey but she also loved the outdoors/horses. I'd imagine she'd love to ride and experience nature, etc. Yes, the guy Delia ended up with would be one lucky dude. Amy gave her sound advice. I think Delia took to heart what Amy said and it only opened up her personality all the more too.
Great thoughts Michelle. I would have loved seeing Delia having a mother in her life again (well, a step-mother) once Andy married Nina. Delia and Nina seemed to like each other a lot so it would have been nice to have seen them interacting as a family. I also think that Amy would have been a wonderful older sister to Delia (which we had already saw evidence of throughout the series) once her and Ephram were back together again.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-05-2017, 03:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I love your thoughts, Betty. She did have a little crush on Bright too so we know she probably does like the popular jock type or she certainly did as a little girl. :
Delia would be hanging with the Popular crowd, because she did in middle school...with Brittany and that group. She be asked out by tons of guys..popular and not popular because she is beautiful and has a really sweet friendly outgoing personality (as Jerry mentioned). She won't be a pushover..that's for sure. I saw her as being confident and independent, so she will be particular about whom she will date.

Quote:
Great thoughts Michelle. I would have loved seeing Delia having a mother in her life again (well, a step-mother) once Andy married Nina. Delia and Nina seemed to like each other a lot so it would have been nice to have seen them interacting as a family. I also think that Amy would have been a wonderful older sister to Delia (which we had already saw evidence of throughout the series) once her and Ephram were back together again.
That's why I was not totally satisfied with Everwood's ending. We were deprived of seeing all of this.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I guess that I've blocked out anything to do with Madison because what I most recall about Madison and Delia's interaction is when Delia fired her for hurting her brother!

What annoys me so much is how confusing the entire Ephram/Madison crap was for Delia. She never should have been put in such a strange position. She was a child and no one, including Ephram sadly, was looking out for her.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Totally agree. Nina and Amy would have continued to be such great influences on Delia. Nina would be her step-mom and Amy, her true sister-in-law. Delia would have been set. I also would have liked seeing Delia and Sam interact too.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Delia would be hanging with the Popular crowd, because she did in middle school...with Brittany and that group. She be asked out by tons of guys..popular and not popular because she is beautiful and has a really sweet friendly outgoing personality (as Jerry mentioned). She won't be a pushover..that's for sure. I saw her as being confident and independent, so she will be particular about whom she will date.
Definitely.

Quote:
That's why I was not totally satisfied with Everwood's ending. We were deprived of seeing all of this.
There were so many more stories to see play out. It's such a shame.
Old 11-05-2017, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
There were so many more stories to see play out. It's such a shame.
Oh I know. I even posted a topic about the untold stories of Everwood here once.

Old 11-05-2017, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Oh I know. I even posted a topic about the untold stories of Everwood here once.
Is that thread still around?
Old 11-05-2017, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Is that thread still around?
Here is a link to that thread.

Old 11-05-2017, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Here is a link to that thread.
Thanks. There are some really great thoughts posted.
Old 11-05-2017, 09:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Thanks. There are some really great thoughts posted.
You're welcome! Feel free to add your own thoughts there.

Old 11-08-2017, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yes, please feel free to get that thread going again, Shu. Would love to hear your thoughts. It is a good one. Thanks for thinking of creating such a great thread, Jerry!
Old 11-17-2017, 05:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

The Bright/Colin tragic crash.. Who exactly is to blame?

I asked this topic question many years ago and it didn’t stir up proper duscussion. So I felt like asking again:

Here is what I asked many years ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
I have seen this topic on other boards from time to time, and I thought it would be fun to explore this topic here and get some thoughts on just what went wrong that day.. Was it just all about fate? Destiny? It was "meant to be" that Colin/Bright got into that truck, and Colin ultimately met his death several months later due to his severe brain injury? Do you just chalk it up to that and place little or no blame on any of the people involved? Or, is there blame to be given out? Is it Colin's fault for bringing the booze, offering it to Bright, deciding it would be fun to take the truck for a spin, and also come to the decision of doing some racing with some other guys? Was it Bright's fault that the crash occurred because he went behind the wheel, even though Colin wanted him to, and then, BAM, the crash happened? Should Bright have been charged with vehicular manslaughter or some other criminal charge? How much do you even think Colin/Bright had to drink that day? Were they drunk? Just buzzed? Was it the Hart's fault as it was stated that Mrs. Hart pretty much knew Colin was drinking (if my memory serves me) and she should have never allowed Colin to go out in the first place? Is there any blame to place on Amy as she was clearly aware that Colin/Bright had been drinking as she watched them leave in the truck? Or, is there a combination of blame to be passed around to everyone involved? Or, again, should this be chalked up to "destiny" and the blame can go away because it shouldn't really go to anyone in particular?

I will leave my comments on the subject out for now, because I already posted a big enough intro to this topic discussion, and I will post later on once this discussion gets under way..

So, what does everyone think? Lets really dive into this topic. I think it's an interesting one that can very much be explored.

The Bright/Colin tragic crash.. Who exactly is to blame?
Reply   Post New Thread