Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2017, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Delia would be hanging with the Popular crowd, because she did in middle school...with Brittany and that group. She be asked out by tons of guys..popular and not popular because she is beautiful and has a really sweet friendly outgoing personality (as Jerry mentioned). She won't be a pushover..that's for sure. I saw her as being confident and independent, so she will be particular about whom she will date.
Definitely.

Quote:
That's why I was not totally satisfied with Everwood's ending. We were deprived of seeing all of this.
There were so many more stories to see play out. It's such a shame.
Old 11-05-2017, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
There were so many more stories to see play out. It's such a shame.
Oh I know. I even posted a topic about the untold stories of Everwood here once.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-05-2017, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Oh I know. I even posted a topic about the untold stories of Everwood here once.
Is that thread still around?
Old 11-05-2017, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Is that thread still around?
Here is a link to that thread.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-05-2017, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Here is a link to that thread.
Thanks. There are some really great thoughts posted.
Old 11-05-2017, 09:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Thanks. There are some really great thoughts posted.
You're welcome! Feel free to add your own thoughts there.

Old 11-08-2017, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yes, please feel free to get that thread going again, Shu. Would love to hear your thoughts. It is a good one. Thanks for thinking of creating such a great thread, Jerry!
Old 11-17-2017, 05:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

The Bright/Colin tragic crash.. Who exactly is to blame?

I asked this topic question many years ago and it didn’t stir up proper duscussion. So I felt like asking again:

Here is what I asked many years ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
I have seen this topic on other boards from time to time, and I thought it would be fun to explore this topic here and get some thoughts on just what went wrong that day.. Was it just all about fate? Destiny? It was "meant to be" that Colin/Bright got into that truck, and Colin ultimately met his death several months later due to his severe brain injury? Do you just chalk it up to that and place little or no blame on any of the people involved? Or, is there blame to be given out? Is it Colin's fault for bringing the booze, offering it to Bright, deciding it would be fun to take the truck for a spin, and also come to the decision of doing some racing with some other guys? Was it Bright's fault that the crash occurred because he went behind the wheel, even though Colin wanted him to, and then, BAM, the crash happened? Should Bright have been charged with vehicular manslaughter or some other criminal charge? How much do you even think Colin/Bright had to drink that day? Were they drunk? Just buzzed? Was it the Hart's fault as it was stated that Mrs. Hart pretty much knew Colin was drinking (if my memory serves me) and she should have never allowed Colin to go out in the first place? Is there any blame to place on Amy as she was clearly aware that Colin/Bright had been drinking as she watched them leave in the truck? Or, is there a combination of blame to be passed around to everyone involved? Or, again, should this be chalked up to "destiny" and the blame can go away because it shouldn't really go to anyone in particular?

I will leave my comments on the subject out for now, because I already posted a big enough intro to this topic discussion, and I will post later on once this discussion gets under way..

So, what does everyone think? Lets really dive into this topic. I think it's an interesting one that can very much be explored.

http://www.fanforum.com/f104/bright-...y-blame-40934/
Old 11-17-2017, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I will surprise most of the people here but I never believed that Colin and Bright drank that much anyway. Did they party out and drink? Sure. Did they get drunk every night? I don't believe so.

Not sure what they wanted to show, but in the scene where they actually picked up the truck they did not look utterly drunk.

But a lot of the past related stuff (especially Colin) were in the gray area for me and it depended on what other characters say and whether I as a viewer buy what they say. I don't always buy what other characters say. Some would say that this is what the writers want. Sure, but if they want me to believe it, they have to make it believable. In other words, show it to me, not tell me.

Because of this there are certain things related to Everwood (like any other show) that I did not buy and I did not believe. Colin being jerk was one of them. I did not see enough to say if he was a jerk or not. I did not see enough to know if he always used to drive drunk or not. Because of this I can't blame their parents. If I knew that this was something that happened every night then yes I would have blamed the parents that they did not see it. I don't know this.

I don't blame Amy either because she is not keeper of Bright and Colin and she can't know how much they have drunk. They did not look utterly completely drunk either. And I don't remember if she really saw them driving off while having drunk. Nevertheless we can't blame her for their poor choices. I might not be Amy's biggest fan, but this is not her fault.

I blame both Colin and Bright equally. Both went into that car fully knowing that they have drunk. Technically Bright could have been charged with something actually and I am not sure how this did not happen. If I remember correctly people did not know that he drove the car so he might have escaped after the crash before the police came over. They did not delve into this, but technically police officers should have come and they should investigated the cause of the accident. And if they had done that they would have realized that Bright had alcohol in his blood.

I don't know what would have been the sentence as that depends on the law, state etc. However if this was real life situation there would have been investigation. Drivers are responsible for the passengers in their car according to the law. It does not matter who told who what. This is the law. Outside of the law sure I think that the blame is shared between Colin and Bright. I don't think that Colin is to blame more because Bright has a head on shoulders. He could have said No. He did not.

I am also not sure that I would call it destiny as the writers pretty much showed that Colin and Amy would have broken up. And Ephram would have liked Amy no matter if she needed Andy or not.

Obviously Colin represented a lot more than teenage boy in a coma that ended up dead. The whole first season would have been completely different without the accident. And the writers did not want to focus that much on the accident anyway. Notice that they did not show how they crashed in details. They cared only about the cause - Colin in a coma, Bright feeling guilty. So I guess we are supposed to take it as it is and decide on our own the background story.
Great analysis, Koni. So many wonderful thoughts. I blame both Bright and Colin equally. You also hit on an excellent point about how Bright didn't get charged. I am not sure legally what has to happen there but I'm sure the Hart's wouldn't have pressed charges anyway. However, I still think law enforcement could have gone forward with the charges anyway even if they might have taken into consideration what the victims family wanted. But it is weird how the legal system didn't remotely get involved just to investigate.

I actually find it quite remarkable that Bright got over the accident as quickly as he did. This sort of thing could haunt someone for years and years and years. Even if you didn't intend to go there, it still happened and you were the one behind the wheel. He definitely blamed himself for a while but then got over it. Realistically it could have lingered well into adulthood for Bright. I guess when Berlanti was ready for any sign of the Hart's to disappear (including Laynie) he also didn't want Bright struggling with this late in the game either.

I do think destiny/fate came in Spiritually because of Julia's death and how it was meant to be for the Brown family to move to Everwood, find Nina, the Abbott's, father and son/daughter growing closer... it was all written in the cards I believe ... I think it was set up that way... Julia and her finding Everwood, it just seemed magically destined. Colin, in a way, was the bridge that guided the Brown's and Abbott's together too once they arrived in Everwood. I will also never forget that very important scene between Colin and Ephram right before Colin's surgery (and death)... Colin looked at Ephram basically telling him it was okay to be with Amy... it was like he knew they were meant to be and he also knew he was passing on. Very Spiritual moment as well.

Last edited by jediwands; 11-17-2017 at 02:05 PM
Old 11-17-2017, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Turned the page very quickly so wanted to bring this over:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I asked this topic question many years ago and it didn’t stir up proper duscussion. So I felt like asking again:

Here is what I asked many years ago:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
I have seen this topic on other boards from time to time, and I thought it would be fun to explore this topic here and get some thoughts on just what went wrong that day.. Was it just all about fate? Destiny? It was "meant to be" that Colin/Bright got into that truck, and Colin ultimately met his death several months later due to his severe brain injury? Do you just chalk it up to that and place little or no blame on any of the people involved? Or, is there blame to be given out? Is it Colin's fault for bringing the booze, offering it to Bright, deciding it would be fun to take the truck for a spin, and also come to the decision of doing some racing with some other guys? Was it Bright's fault that the crash occurred because he went behind the wheel, even though Colin wanted him to, and then, BAM, the crash happened? Should Bright have been charged with vehicular manslaughter or some other criminal charge? How much do you even think Colin/Bright had to drink that day? Were they drunk? Just buzzed? Was it the Hart's fault as it was stated that Mrs. Hart pretty much knew Colin was drinking (if my memory serves me) and she should have never allowed Colin to go out in the first place? Is there any blame to place on Amy as she was clearly aware that Colin/Bright had been drinking as she watched them leave in the truck? Or, is there a combination of blame to be passed around to everyone involved? Or, again, should this be chalked up to "destiny" and the blame can go away because it shouldn't really go to anyone in particular?

I will leave my comments on the subject out for now, because I already posted a big enough intro to this topic discussion, and I will post later on once this discussion gets under way..

So, what does everyone think? Lets really dive into this topic. I think it's an interesting one that can very much be explored.

http://www.fanforum.com/f104/bright-...y-blame-40934/
Old 11-17-2017, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've always blamed Colin for the accident. Sure Bright wasn't so innocent, but it was always Colin doing things just to do them. Never having any consequences, he was the Golden Boy of Everwood. Sure Bright didn't say much, but Colin had a conscience, he should've known better. But then again, Colin always thought he was invincible.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 11-17-2017, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I will surprise most of the people here but I never believed that Colin and Bright drank that much anyway. Did they party out and drink? Sure. Did they get drunk every night? I don't believe so.
I don't think they got drunk every night, but they were in that In crowd that partied alot, so I'm sure they had the opportunity to drink often.
Quote:
Not sure what they wanted to show, but in the scene where they actually picked up the truck they did not look utterly drunk.
They did not look utterly drunk. The appeared to have a "Buzz".
Quote:
Because of this there are certain things related to Everwood (like any other show) that I did not buy and I did not believe. Colin being jerk was one of them. I did not see enough to say if he was a jerk or not. .
We did not see enough to believe Colin was a total jerk. In fact...the town seemed to worship him. So..if were to take what the people said about him as fact...we would believe him to be a super great guy! For the most part Colin didn't act like a jerk. I considered him a jerk because of the way he treated Ephram. Don't you dare treat my boy Ephram like that!! lol People blame this behavior on Colin's brain injury. I believe (even though it was never proven) that Colin was a jerk with or without the injury. It's just my opinion.

Quote:
I blame both Colin and Bright equally. Both went into that car fully knowing that they have drunk.
They are most certainly both to blame. Neither Bright nor Colin was forced to enter and drive that car. It was free will on both their parts and poor decision making.
Old 11-17-2017, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
I've always blamed Colin for the accident. Sure Bright wasn't so innocent, but it was always Colin doing things just to do them. Never having any consequences, he was the Golden Boy of Everwood. Sure Bright didn't say much, but Colin had a conscience, he should've known better. But then again, Colin always thought he was invincible.
So I take it Colin was not your favorite person?

No, I get it. He rubbed me the wrong way from the start. Arrogance and just how he seemed in the flashbacks. Plus, we know Bright bullied Ephram and the assumption would be Colin was in that group with the same sort of mentality too. We also know Colin was breaking up with Amy (thanks to Laynie) yet was allowing Amy to be confused and upset because apparently he wasn’t decent enough to do the right thing and be honest with her instead of hurting her and delaying the inevitable.

So I actually think we kind of had some evidence that Colin had some not so wonderful moments at the very least.
Old 11-17-2017, 04:46 PM
Administrator

I also think that both Colin and Bright were to blame. It was fate, as they say. Bright felt guilty because they were drinking and he was the one driving (I think that he led people to believe that Colin was driving though) but I don't think that either one of them should have taken all the blame for what happened.

Colin was Everwood's Golden Boy, and he probably put on a good act to make adults feel like he was this wonderful guy, but I personally think he was an arrogant jerk, much like Bright was in Season One, and the more Colin became "himself" after he woke from his coma, the more arrogant he became. He was nice to Ephram at first, but then he was horrible to him and he beat him up, and he even beat up a shocked and hurt Bright for defending Ephram, so the guy was just no good in my book. I think some people blamed his behavior on his brain injury, and that may have factored in, but I think he was a conceited arrogant jerk before and after his accident.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
As far as his treatment towards Ephram I am again in the minority because I actually believe that Colin had a right to dislike Ephram. Well not exactly dislike, but it was expected to have issues with him.
Colin definitely had a right to dislike Ephram. What he didn't have a right to do was mock him at that dance and almost break his arm at the restaurant.

Quote:
I think some people blamed his behavior on his brain injury, and that may have factored in, but I think he was a conceited arrogant jerk before and after his accident.
I totally agree that the brain injury may have increased Colin's bad behavior, but he was definitely flawed before the accident. This is something the townspeople didn't see.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread