Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2021, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Yes, I'm sticking with my DVD's as well.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

That’s the best option.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

i have the dvd but im watching online. not prime but elsewhere. that scene was included.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
i have the dvd but im watching online. not prime but elsewhere. that scene was included.
That’s good!
Old 01-18-2021, 03:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah and original music!
Old 01-18-2021, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
yeah and original music!
The Season 1 DVD does have all of the original music. The seasons that followed have the replacements.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
yeah and original music!
That’s great!
Old 01-18-2021, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
The Season 1 DVD does have all of the original music. The seasons that followed have the replacements.
It really sucks but at least Season 1 was not messed with.
Old 01-18-2021, 07:25 PM
Administrator

While there are a lot of things that I'm looking forward to in our rewatch, there are two characters I'm really not looking forward to seeing again:

Madison and Jake.

I could write books about how much I despise Madison (and I have! ) but I just read a Season Three Transcript with Jake in it, and man, he was annoying.

I feel that Jake was a completely unnecessary character who added nothing to the show, and Scott Wolf's acting simply isn't up to the high standards shown by all the other actors on the show. I don't know what the writers and producers were thinking when they cast him.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 01-18-2021, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
While there are a lot of things that I'm looking forward to in our rewatch, there are two characters I'm really not looking forward to seeing again:

Madison and Jake.

I could write books about how much I despise Madison (and I have! ) but I just read a Season Three Transcript with Jake in it, and man, he was annoying.

I feel that Jake was a completely unnecessary character who added nothing to the show, and Scott Wolf's acting simply isn't up to the high standards shown by all the other actors on the show. I don't know what the writers and producers were thinking when they cast him.
100% agree, Jerry.

I just rewatched The Pilot tonight and the brilliant acting stuck out so vividly. For those that have never seen Everwood before... they couldn’t possibly understand what we mean about the uniqueness and off the charts high quality this show beings. It cannot be compared to average WB/CW shows like OTH or Dawson’s Creek. The writing/storytelling/acting is in a league of its own on Everwood. Scott was fine on Party of Five but on Everwood he doesn’t keep up with the regular cast.

What did you think of Sarah Lancaster on Everwood as far as acting?
Old 01-19-2021, 07:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
100% agree, Jerry.

I just rewatched The Pilot tonight and the brilliant acting stuck out so vividly. For those that have never seen Everwood before... they couldn’t possibly understand what we mean about the uniqueness and off the charts high quality this show beings. It cannot be compared to average WB/CW shows like OTH or Dawson’s Creek. The writing/storytelling/acting is in a league of its own on Everwood. Scott was fine on Party of Five but on Everwood he doesn’t keep up with the regular cast.
Yes, Everwood is really in a class of its own in every way, from the writing, to the storylines, to the acting, to everything. There's never been a show like it before or since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
What did you think of Sarah Lancaster on Everwood as far as acting?
I thought that she was okay, but not up to the standards of he other actors. When I talked to Leif about Everwood, he said he thought that Sarah Lancaster was cute, but she wasn't a very good actress, and I agree. I think my view of Sarah Lancaster is heavily influenced by my hatred of Madison, so I can't really be a fair judge of her acting talent, and I've never seen her in any other show or movie than Everwood.

Old 01-19-2021, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Yes, Everwood is really in a class of its own in every way, from the writing, to the storylines, to the acting, to everything. There's never been a show like it before or since.
Amen.

Quote:
I thought that she was okay, but not up to the standards of he other actors. When I talked to Leif about Everwood, he said he thought that Sarah Lancaster was cute, but she wasn't a very good actress, and I agree. I think my view of Sarah Lancaster is heavily influenced by my hatred of Madison, so I can't really be a fair judge of her acting talent, and I've never seen her in any other show or movie than Everwood.
I agree with Leif even if I might be biased. LOL.

However, I watched the series Chuck and Sarah was good in that series. So I know she has some acting talent, I just don’t think her talent was matched perfectly with the high quality actors on Everwood. She was much better on Chuck but then again, she played a great character I liked on Chuck so that might influence my decision a bit too. LOL.
Old 01-19-2021, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah thats why i like season 1 because we dont have to deal with them lol.

I like Sarah. I liked her on chuck. Loved her on what about Brian. I didnt even hate madison personally, i just hated the SL.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I haven't seen Sarah in anything else besides Chuck and she was great. Well, if you count her brief appearance on Dawson's Creek.
Old 01-20-2021, 07:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Sarah did one of those hallmark/lifetime holiday movies a few years back and guess who played her father? None other than Barry Corbin.

Everwood was supposed to be up on hbo max yesterday but still nothing...
Becca456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread